When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
The cream of Christchurch are celebrated at the Best of the Best Awards 2013
Christchurch restaurants, cafes and pubs celebrated as the winners were announced at this year's Coastline Best of the Best Awards held as part of the Christchurch Food & Wine Festival at the Regent Centre.
Festival patron Lesley Waters presented the prizes at the glittering ceremony on Monday evening.
Winners were decided by members of the public voting for their favourites online along with an independent panel of judges who visited every establishment entering the awards.
- The Jetty - Best Fine Dining
- Samphire - Best Casual Dining
- Tides Restaurant at the Captain's Club - Best Weekday Lunch
- The Lord Bute - Best Sunday Lunch
- New Forest Perfumery – Best Cafe
- The Three Tuns – Best Public House
- Leszek Kazmierczak from The Jetty - Coastline Special Award for Best Customer Service by an Individual
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel – Best Marketing Award
The President of the Food Festival, Mary Reader, presented her special award to Food Festival committee member, John Hazeldine, for his hard work behind the scenes in arranging many technical aspects of the Festival.
Earlier this year, four young chefs from Christchurch restaurants competed for the title of Young Professional Chef of the Year with the winner, Jack Stoner from the Kings Arms, presented with his award.