When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Jade Clark: Ringwood residents write to MP for urgent action on A31
9:07am Wednesday 6th March 2013 in News
RINGWOOD residents have called on local politicians to take urgent action on the A31 following Jade’s death.
A letter has been written to New Forest MP Desmond Swayne from local residents calling for more attention to be paid to the stretch of road where 16-year-old Jade lost her life.
Written by Dr Martina Prude on behalf of concerned residents in the town and outlying areas, the letter to the MP and CEO of the Highways Agency questions why there is insufficient evidence to support the speed limit reduction between Picket Post and the Ashley Heath roundabout.
The Highways Agency has said there is not enough evidence to support a reduction in the speed limit.
In her letter, Dr Prude asks both parties to consider a number of suggestions made by residents in order to make the road safer.
These include reducing the speed limit to 50mph and 40mph, putting traffic lights on the flyover and at the exits onto the A31, restrict or ban direct access from West Street and Ringwood High Street one way towards the Fish Inn.
Other initiatives put forward look at extending the Fish Inn and Texaco garage slip way, restricting traffic coming from Ringwood onto the A31 to two nearside lanes and reducing the amount of signage, which may be confusing.
- UPDATED WITH VIDEO: Memorial garden for A31 crash victim Jade Clark opened in Ringwood
- Memorial garden for Jade Clark will open on her 17th birthday
- Police chiefs unite to discuss slower speed limits on A31 following death of Jade Clark
- A31 campaigners get crucial meeting with roads minister
- Jade Clark crash: Volvo driver pleads not guilty to causing teenager's death
- Jade Clark death: Man due back in court this morning
- JADE CLARK ARREST UPDATE: Man remanded in custody
- Family pays tribute as Jade is laid to rest
- Hundreds share tributes to Jade
- UPDATED: Hundreds gather at funeral of tragic teenager Jade Clark - with video
- Hundreds expected for funeral of Jade Clark
- Jade Clark: reward now stands at £15,000 as appeal for Volvo features on Crimewatch
- VIDEO: On the hunt for Jade Clark crash driver
- Three weeks after horrific crash which killed Jade Clark, Volvo driver stays silent
- Jade Clark: 700 cars eliminated as hunt for Volvo driver goes on
- Jade Clark funeral date set as police swoop on damaged Volvo
- Search goes on for Volvo in Jade Clark crash
- VIDEO: Convoy of bikes and scooters heads up A338 Spur Road in memory of Jade Clark
- VIDEO: Family and friends of Jade Clark release balloons in tribute
- We'll find you - police warning to Volvo driver in Jade Clark death crash