When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
£5,000 reward to find Volvo driver in Jade Clark death crash
A REWARD to find the hit-and-run driver who knocked teenager Jade Clark off her scooter has totalled £5,000.
Police are continuing their manhunt for the driver of a Volvo XC90, who fled the scene of the horrific collision on the A31 before police arrived on Sunday, February 24.
Now, ten days after the incident, the reward has been increased in an attempt to track down the driver, whose vehicle - one of several involved in the crash – is believed to be the first to have hit Jade’s red scooter.
Police are looking for the driver of a Volvo XC90 similar to this one - but please note the police do NOT know what colour the car in question is
Churchill Retirement Living, based in Ringwood, is offering a reward of £4,000 for information leading to the arrest and charge of an offender.
A spokesperson for Churchill Retirement Living said: “Like the rest of the local community we are really saddened by this event.
“This has touched many of our employees who have daughters of a similar age and if in some small way we can support the police in their determined efforts to find the driver of the Volvo we are only too pleased to help.
“As a local employer with colleagues who attended Ringwood School it is extremely sad to learn of someone so young losing their life in this way. We offer our condolences to Jade’s family.”
Traffic Inspector Matt Butler, said: “There has been some response to the appeals so far, but I continue to urge anyone with information about the Volvo to come forward.”
A reward of £1,000 was offered by Crimestoppers on Friday for the arrest and charge of the offender.
In a press conference at Ringwood Fire Station, where 16-year-old Jade was a part of the Ringwood Young Firefighters’ Association, mum Sharon said: “To lose Jade the way we did is what’s hardest to bear.
“For a driver to cause Jade’s accident and then driving away leaving her alone in the road is almost too difficult to believe.
“To that driver I would say, please, please come forward and contact the police.
“You must be finding this hard to live with, especially if you have children on your own.
“To anyone else who knows this driver, or knows where the car might be, please contact the police as soon as possible.”
Police say they cannot be sure about the colour of the Volvo XC90 but appeal to anyone who sees a Volvo XC90 with damage to the front to contact Dorset Police on 01202 222222.
- Police chiefs unite to discuss slower speed limits on A31 following death of Jade Clark
- A31 campaigners get crucial meeting with roads minister
- Jade Clark crash: Volvo driver pleads not guilty to causing teenager's death
- Jade Clark death: Man due back in court this morning
- JADE CLARK ARREST UPDATE: Man remanded in custody
- Family pays tribute as Jade is laid to rest
- Hundreds share tributes to Jade
- UPDATED: Hundreds gather at funeral of tragic teenager Jade Clark - with video
- Hundreds expected for funeral of Jade Clark
- Jade Clark: reward now stands at £15,000 as appeal for Volvo features on Crimewatch
- VIDEO: On the hunt for Jade Clark crash driver
- Three weeks after horrific crash which killed Jade Clark, Volvo driver stays silent
- Jade Clark: 700 cars eliminated as hunt for Volvo driver goes on
- Jade Clark funeral date set as police swoop on damaged Volvo
- Search goes on for Volvo in Jade Clark crash
- VIDEO: Convoy of bikes and scooters heads up A338 Spur Road in memory of Jade Clark
- VIDEO: Family and friends of Jade Clark release balloons in tribute
- We'll find you - police warning to Volvo driver in Jade Clark death crash
- Hundreds of bikers in parade tribute to tragic Jade Clark
- Jade Clark to be remembered by family and friends at special event