When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Man treated for smoke inhalation after Wimborne bathroom fire
7:51am Monday 25th February 2013 in News
A MAN was treated for smoke inhalation after an unattended candle sparked a fire in a home near Wimborne on Sunday night.
Firefighters from the town were called to a property at Canford Bottom at 6pm after the candle started the fire in the home’s bathroom.
An ambulance was called to attend to the man and the volunteer Red Cross support vehicle offered help to the occupants.
They had put the fire out by the time the 11 firefighters arrived.
The bathroom was left severely damaged and the rest of the home suffered from smoke damage.
The fire service has reminded people never to leave candles unattended and to always leave the property when a fire starts and dial 999.