When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Two people taken to hospital after New Milton fire
8:11am Monday 11th February 2013 in News
TWO people were taken to hospital after a fire in their New Milton flat in the early hours of Monday morning.
The blaze at the second floor flat in Station Road, Old Milton in New Milton started in an airing cupboard around 12.55am.
Three crews – 17 firefighters were called to the scene from New Milton and Lymington and used four breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, dry powder and positive pressure ventilation to extinguish the blaze.
The cause was believed to be an electrical fault.
An emergency support vehicle was also sent to the scene and two people suffering smoke inhalation taken to hospital for treatment.
The incident was over by 2.13am.