When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Dorset recycling initiative is on
5:00pm Friday 8th February 2013 in News
WITH more than 40,000 households set to see a change to their recycling and rubbish collections, a series of presentations about the adjustments are planned.
In June, thousands of people from North and East Dorset will join Dorset Waste Partnership’s ‘recycle for Dorset’ scheme. The scheme was rolled out in Christchurch and parts of East Dorset last October.
Residents in areas including Alderholt, Corfe Mullen, Cranborne, Holt, Sturminster Marshall, Wimborne St Giles and Sixpenny Handley have received a letter and a leaflet introducing the new service last month.
Now the partnership is offering residents the opportunity to find out more about the service at one of seven workshops, with around 150 Alderholt residents already attending a session on January 31.
Further sessions are being held on the following dates:
* Saturday February 9 – The Corn Exchange, Blandford – 10am-1pm.
* Wednesday February 13 – the village hall, Alderholt – 6.30pm.
* Friday February 15 – Tesco, Blandford – 10am-1pm; * Saturday February 16 – Corfe Mullen Village Hall – 2pm-5pm.
* Monday February 18 – The Guildhall (Town Hall), Shaftesbury – 5pm-8pm.
* Thursday February 21 – Tesco, Shaftesbury – 10am-1pm.
* Friday February 22 – Dikes supermarket, Stalbridge – 10am-1pm.
Residents can also see examples of the new bins and containers during opening hours at:
* Corfe Mullen Parish Council Office – Towers Way, Corfe Mullen.
* East Dorset District Counci Offices, Furzehill.
* Blandford Leisure Centre – Milldown Road, Blandford.
* Gillingham Town Hall – School Road, Gillingham.
* North Dorset District Council – Salisbury Road, Blandford.
* Shaftesbury Community Resource Centre – 4 Swans Yard, Shaftesbury.
* Sixpenny Handley Parish Council - Unit 5B, Town Farm Workshops (Tuesdays February 12, 19 and 26, 10am-2pm).
* For more information about the new ‘recycle for Dorset’ service, go to dorsetforyou.com/recyclefordorset.