When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Electric blanket fire in Corfe Castle
8:50am Saturday 2nd February 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to deal with an electric blanket fire in Corfe Castle on Friday night.
Crews from Swanage and Wareham attended the incident in the bedroom of the property in West Street around 11.30pm.
The fire was out on arrival but firefighters helped to ventilate the heavily smoke logged property using two breathing apparatus.
The cause was a faulty electric blanket.
There was damage to the bedding.
No-one was injrued in the fire.
A spokesperson for Dorset Fire and Rescue service reminded people to store electric blankets rolled, not folded and to have them safety checked each year.
Comments are closed on this article.