Parents furious as child sex attacker Kevin Sherwood released

Bournemouth Echo: Kevin Sherwood, who has been released on licence four months into his 18-month sentence Kevin Sherwood, who has been released on licence four months into his 18-month sentence

THE mother of a child sex attack victim is furious after her daughter’s abuser was released from prison after just four months.

Kevin Sherwood was jailed for 18 months on August 31 last year after pleading guilty to nine charges of sexual activity with a child and three counts of causing a child to watch a sexual act, between May and November 2011.

Bournemouth Crown Court heard how the father-of-four had touched some girls, shown one a pornographic film and carried out a sexual act in front of another.

His seven victims were aged between 13 and 15.

The court was told how Sherwood’s house in Trinidad Crescent, Poole, had been a “magnet” for schoolchildren buying cigarettes and drink before the girls were molested.

Parents of his young victims slammed the “light” sentence handed down by Judge Peter Johnson; 12 months for the sexual offences and six months for breaching a suspended sentence order.

Now one Poole mother, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, said: “The police have told me Sherwood was freed last on January 11.

“But they won’t tell me where he is living; he is from Poole so I assume he has come back here.

“It feels like he is being protected more than we are.

“Sherwood threatened my daughter before his arrest, saying: ‘Don’t bother telling anyone because I know where you live and what car your mum drives.’ “Now it’s us who are prisoners; we feel so vulnerable in our own home that we have asked the council to re-house us.”

The 38-year-old recalled how her daughter’s life had spiralled out of control after Sherwood had abused her.

She said: “I knew nothing about what he had done to her until I received a call from her school.

“I still don’t know everything because she won’t talk about it and I couldn’t face going to court to hear the sordid details.

“My daughter has had counselling, she started smoking and self-harming; cutting her wrists and burning herself with her hair straighteners.

“At the age of 15 she was on anti-depressants.

“It’s put terrible pressure on the whole family.

I’ve been seeing a psychiatrist and blame myself because I’m her mum and I wasn’t able to protect her.”

“When I told her Sherwood had been released she said: ‘He will come and get me.’ “We are all terrified he will move back to this area; he was evicted from his house but could move in next door.”

Sherwood, 53, who has been released on licence, was told to register as a sex offender for 10 years.

He has been banned from working with children for the same period.

Comments (43)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:38am Tue 29 Jan 13

BournemouthMum says...

Vile creature.
Vile creature. BournemouthMum

8:40am Tue 29 Jan 13

BIGTONE says...

Out on a jolly with a tag. Nice job if you get it.
Out on a jolly with a tag. Nice job if you get it. BIGTONE

8:50am Tue 29 Jan 13

Controversial But True says...

Bring back the Gallows!
Bring back the Gallows! Controversial But True

8:57am Tue 29 Jan 13

mikeba says...

How soft we are ... my heart goes out to the victims and their families ... there is no justice and more importantly no deterent to stop these evil scum.
How soft we are ... my heart goes out to the victims and their families ... there is no justice and more importantly no deterent to stop these evil scum. mikeba

9:08am Tue 29 Jan 13

bosco1 says...

Feel sorry for the victims here, they are now prisoners. why did the Courts not impose a total ban on visiting an area of say 50 miles.? This would at least give these poor victims some kind of Life they deserve and not living in fear.!
Feel sorry for the victims here, they are now prisoners. why did the Courts not impose a total ban on visiting an area of say 50 miles.? This would at least give these poor victims some kind of Life they deserve and not living in fear.! bosco1

9:11am Tue 29 Jan 13

master plan says...

This is sick family's suffer yet he is walking about without a care in the world!!!!
Judges are to soft any sex crime should have a 15yr minimum they need to suffer!!
This is sick family's suffer yet he is walking about without a care in the world!!!! Judges are to soft any sex crime should have a 15yr minimum they need to suffer!! master plan

9:13am Tue 29 Jan 13

Capricorn 1 says...

If he'd committed a really serious crime like defraud the VAT man then he'd be inside on an even longer sentence.
If he'd committed a really serious crime like defraud the VAT man then he'd be inside on an even longer sentence. Capricorn 1

10:05am Tue 29 Jan 13

steve518 says...

Capricorn 1 wrote:
If he'd committed a really serious crime like defraud the VAT man then he'd be inside on an even longer sentence.
Or broken a speed limit on not paid the fine.
[quote][p][bold]Capricorn 1[/bold] wrote: If he'd committed a really serious crime like defraud the VAT man then he'd be inside on an even longer sentence.[/p][/quote]Or broken a speed limit on not paid the fine. steve518

10:07am Tue 29 Jan 13

Tom 'Boscombe' Jones says...

State of the nation
State of the nation Tom 'Boscombe' Jones

10:15am Tue 29 Jan 13

sciac2001 says...

WE the people have to stand up to this unacceptable injustice and to the crass incompetence of the civic servants who are supposed to keep society safe.
1) Get this anti-social criminal out of society
2) Get the incompetent judge who gave him the comical sentence removed from exposing us to such dangers.

Now, how on earth can WE the people bring about changes? I really would'nt know how to begin because in my opinion we have lost the basis of proper people power...
WE the people have to stand up to this unacceptable injustice and to the crass incompetence of the civic servants who are supposed to keep society safe. 1) Get this anti-social criminal out of society 2) Get the incompetent judge who gave him the comical sentence removed from exposing us to such dangers. Now, how on earth can WE the people bring about changes? I really would'nt know how to begin because in my opinion we have lost the basis of proper people power... sciac2001

10:21am Tue 29 Jan 13

spooki says...

18 months wasn't enough, why did they even bother sentencing him? I don't understand these so called 'sentences'. What's the point in setting a time than letting them out so early? And who exactly would enforce it if they had set an exclusion zone? Poor victims.
18 months wasn't enough, why did they even bother sentencing him? I don't understand these so called 'sentences'. What's the point in setting a time than letting them out so early? And who exactly would enforce it if they had set an exclusion zone? Poor victims. spooki

10:27am Tue 29 Jan 13

spooki says...

I know its another news site but this goes to show what bad justice this is: http://www.dailymail
.co.uk/news/article-
2269689/Thugs-robbed
-14-year-old-schoolb
oy-just-3-jailed-18-
months.html
I know its another news site but this goes to show what bad justice this is: http://www.dailymail .co.uk/news/article- 2269689/Thugs-robbed -14-year-old-schoolb oy-just-3-jailed-18- months.html spooki

10:36am Tue 29 Jan 13

muff34 says...

The first time I ever saw him I thought he was a sick sick man, you only have to be in his road for 10 minuets and you can see at least 3 children go to his house!!!!
The first time I ever saw him I thought he was a sick sick man, you only have to be in his road for 10 minuets and you can see at least 3 children go to his house!!!! muff34

10:38am Tue 29 Jan 13

Mikeyunibournemouth says...

sciac2001 wrote:
WE the people have to stand up to this unacceptable injustice and to the crass incompetence of the civic servants who are supposed to keep society safe.
1) Get this anti-social criminal out of society
2) Get the incompetent judge who gave him the comical sentence removed from exposing us to such dangers.

Now, how on earth can WE the people bring about changes? I really would'nt know how to begin because in my opinion we have lost the basis of proper people power...
How can we expect proper punishments to be handed out to criminals when those who create and enforce the laws (at the highest levels) are criminals themselves. The banking crisis is a fantastic example; perhaps the biggest fraud in human history yet where are the prosecutions.... The law is the law when it suits those who create it and benefit from it. Now, once again, we have another weirdo to add to the already innumerable amount of weirdos in the Bournemouth and Poole area.
[quote][p][bold]sciac2001[/bold] wrote: WE the people have to stand up to this unacceptable injustice and to the crass incompetence of the civic servants who are supposed to keep society safe. 1) Get this anti-social criminal out of society 2) Get the incompetent judge who gave him the comical sentence removed from exposing us to such dangers. Now, how on earth can WE the people bring about changes? I really would'nt know how to begin because in my opinion we have lost the basis of proper people power...[/p][/quote]How can we expect proper punishments to be handed out to criminals when those who create and enforce the laws (at the highest levels) are criminals themselves. The banking crisis is a fantastic example; perhaps the biggest fraud in human history yet where are the prosecutions.... The law is the law when it suits those who create it and benefit from it. Now, once again, we have another weirdo to add to the already innumerable amount of weirdos in the Bournemouth and Poole area. Mikeyunibournemouth

11:18am Tue 29 Jan 13

Old Colonial says...

Any comments from our new media darling the PCC? OK, I'll wait..............
Any comments from our new media darling the PCC? OK, I'll wait.............. Old Colonial

11:41am Tue 29 Jan 13

Capricorn 1 says...

The four months that he has spent inside is even less than the six month suspended sentence that was breached.

What is the point of these 'sentences'?

Criminals can hardly be deterred from offending or re-offending.
The four months that he has spent inside is even less than the six month suspended sentence that was breached. What is the point of these 'sentences'? Criminals can hardly be deterred from offending or re-offending. Capricorn 1

12:07pm Tue 29 Jan 13

djd says...

What's the betting he gets a free house, all the benefits he needs and someone to hold his hand.
The poor little darling has been locked up because he broke the law imposed on him by us nasty people.
No doubt there is someone, somewhere who thinks he is a poor misguided person who needs his human rights protected.
What a sad society we live in, and they called it 'civilised.'
What's the betting he gets a free house, all the benefits he needs and someone to hold his hand. The poor little darling has been locked up because he broke the law imposed on him by us nasty people. No doubt there is someone, somewhere who thinks he is a poor misguided person who needs his human rights protected. What a sad society we live in, and they called it 'civilised.' djd

12:37pm Tue 29 Jan 13

l'anglais says...

As much I agree with most of these comments, what difference is going to do typing away on the Echo comments page.

Lobby your MP's and local Councillors.
Get a petition going.

Don't just sit there, if you feel so strongly, get off of your backsides.
As much I agree with most of these comments, what difference is going to do typing away on the Echo comments page. Lobby your MP's and local Councillors. Get a petition going. Don't just sit there, if you feel so strongly, get off of your backsides. l'anglais

1:00pm Tue 29 Jan 13

Afcblees says...

After watching a tv programme other night this vile scum would be on 30 yrs + if this was in certain states in America, we so need to start operating max prisons to house these low life scum and sentence them to severe sentences.
After watching a tv programme other night this vile scum would be on 30 yrs + if this was in certain states in America, we so need to start operating max prisons to house these low life scum and sentence them to severe sentences. Afcblees

1:11pm Tue 29 Jan 13

contric says...

i agree with l,anglais first statement but as for lobbying your mp or councillors and starting a petition what a load of tosh i suggest if you believe that you are as deluded as him things wont change unless the millionaire crooks in london decide it will change
i agree with l,anglais first statement but as for lobbying your mp or councillors and starting a petition what a load of tosh i suggest if you believe that you are as deluded as him things wont change unless the millionaire crooks in london decide it will change contric

2:00pm Tue 29 Jan 13

sciac2001 says...

l'anglais wrote:
As much I agree with most of these comments, what difference is going to do typing away on the Echo comments page.

Lobby your MP's and local Councillors.
Get a petition going.

Don't just sit there, if you feel so strongly, get off of your backsides.
Good point.
However, i for one would'nt know where to start.

Can someone with a bit of savvy start one up aimed at the Poole mp please? I'm sure it would have a tremendous snowball effect and make us feel that we're at least a voice!

Hoping that there is such a person out there!!
[quote][p][bold]l'anglais[/bold] wrote: As much I agree with most of these comments, what difference is going to do typing away on the Echo comments page. Lobby your MP's and local Councillors. Get a petition going. Don't just sit there, if you feel so strongly, get off of your backsides.[/p][/quote]Good point. However, i for one would'nt know where to start. Can someone with a bit of savvy start one up aimed at the Poole mp please? I'm sure it would have a tremendous snowball effect and make us feel that we're at least a voice! Hoping that there is such a person out there!! sciac2001

3:33pm Tue 29 Jan 13

Actual truth Teller says...

Right well here is the truth according to someone who isnt trying to jump on the band wagon - This man infact served 12 months on remand and then further 4 and a half months so intotal 16.5 months of an 18 month sentence, he in not allowed to live back in the Poole area and is probably in a bail hostel having to report and sign on as a sex offender for the next ten years. The leniant sentence was probably due to the fact that most of the girls parents knew who he was and what he was like and actively encourage their children to go around and buy his cheap baccy! And where as i have no sympathy for him whatsoever he has young family members who have had to carry on and live in the area and who shouldnt have to hear about him being released on the front of this paper!
Right well here is the truth according to someone who isnt trying to jump on the band wagon - This man infact served 12 months on remand and then further 4 and a half months so intotal 16.5 months of an 18 month sentence, he in not allowed to live back in the Poole area and is probably in a bail hostel having to report and sign on as a sex offender for the next ten years. The leniant sentence was probably due to the fact that most of the girls parents knew who he was and what he was like and actively encourage their children to go around and buy his cheap baccy! And where as i have no sympathy for him whatsoever he has young family members who have had to carry on and live in the area and who shouldnt have to hear about him being released on the front of this paper! Actual truth Teller

3:42pm Tue 29 Jan 13

High Treason says...

Actual truth Teller wrote:
Right well here is the truth according to someone who isnt trying to jump on the band wagon - This man infact served 12 months on remand and then further 4 and a half months so intotal 16.5 months of an 18 month sentence, he in not allowed to live back in the Poole area and is probably in a bail hostel having to report and sign on as a sex offender for the next ten years. The leniant sentence was probably due to the fact that most of the girls parents knew who he was and what he was like and actively encourage their children to go around and buy his cheap baccy! And where as i have no sympathy for him whatsoever he has young family members who have had to carry on and live in the area and who shouldnt have to hear about him being released on the front of this paper!
Maybe you should sign in the the Echo as
"Actual Kevin Sherwood friend Teller"
[quote][p][bold]Actual truth Teller[/bold] wrote: Right well here is the truth according to someone who isnt trying to jump on the band wagon - This man infact served 12 months on remand and then further 4 and a half months so intotal 16.5 months of an 18 month sentence, he in not allowed to live back in the Poole area and is probably in a bail hostel having to report and sign on as a sex offender for the next ten years. The leniant sentence was probably due to the fact that most of the girls parents knew who he was and what he was like and actively encourage their children to go around and buy his cheap baccy! And where as i have no sympathy for him whatsoever he has young family members who have had to carry on and live in the area and who shouldnt have to hear about him being released on the front of this paper![/p][/quote]Maybe you should sign in the the Echo as "Actual Kevin Sherwood friend Teller" High Treason

4:06pm Tue 29 Jan 13

retry69 says...

Actual truth Teller wrote:
Right well here is the truth according to someone who isnt trying to jump on the band wagon - This man infact served 12 months on remand and then further 4 and a half months so intotal 16.5 months of an 18 month sentence, he in not allowed to live back in the Poole area and is probably in a bail hostel having to report and sign on as a sex offender for the next ten years. The leniant sentence was probably due to the fact that most of the girls parents knew who he was and what he was like and actively encourage their children to go around and buy his cheap baccy! And where as i have no sympathy for him whatsoever he has young family members who have had to carry on and live in the area and who shouldnt have to hear about him being released on the front of this paper!
And your point is?
[quote][p][bold]Actual truth Teller[/bold] wrote: Right well here is the truth according to someone who isnt trying to jump on the band wagon - This man infact served 12 months on remand and then further 4 and a half months so intotal 16.5 months of an 18 month sentence, he in not allowed to live back in the Poole area and is probably in a bail hostel having to report and sign on as a sex offender for the next ten years. The leniant sentence was probably due to the fact that most of the girls parents knew who he was and what he was like and actively encourage their children to go around and buy his cheap baccy! And where as i have no sympathy for him whatsoever he has young family members who have had to carry on and live in the area and who shouldnt have to hear about him being released on the front of this paper![/p][/quote]And your point is? retry69

4:18pm Tue 29 Jan 13

djd says...

Actual truth Teller wrote:
Right well here is the truth according to someone who isnt trying to jump on the band wagon - This man infact served 12 months on remand and then further 4 and a half months so intotal 16.5 months of an 18 month sentence, he in not allowed to live back in the Poole area and is probably in a bail hostel having to report and sign on as a sex offender for the next ten years. The leniant sentence was probably due to the fact that most of the girls parents knew who he was and what he was like and actively encourage their children to go around and buy his cheap baccy! And where as i have no sympathy for him whatsoever he has young family members who have had to carry on and live in the area and who shouldnt have to hear about him being released on the front of this paper!
Quite right, the fact that he is released at all should be the news.
As far as most people are concerned he can rot in jail or somewhere hotter.
I have sympathy with family members but not with him.
[quote][p][bold]Actual truth Teller[/bold] wrote: Right well here is the truth according to someone who isnt trying to jump on the band wagon - This man infact served 12 months on remand and then further 4 and a half months so intotal 16.5 months of an 18 month sentence, he in not allowed to live back in the Poole area and is probably in a bail hostel having to report and sign on as a sex offender for the next ten years. The leniant sentence was probably due to the fact that most of the girls parents knew who he was and what he was like and actively encourage their children to go around and buy his cheap baccy! And where as i have no sympathy for him whatsoever he has young family members who have had to carry on and live in the area and who shouldnt have to hear about him being released on the front of this paper![/p][/quote]Quite right, the fact that he is released at all should be the news. As far as most people are concerned he can rot in jail or somewhere hotter. I have sympathy with family members but not with him. djd

5:36pm Tue 29 Jan 13

oneshortleg says...

The recent documentary on ITV about a prison in America was a real eye opener. I strongly believe that if you want to have a prison sentence as both a deterrent and a punishment then sentences should not reflect the crime and the impact on the victim. I also think that you should serve the entire sentence you are given, and that "luxuries" in prison should be a reward for good behaviour not time off your sentence. Perhaps if we are relying on a jury system to find someone guilty then the jury should also have a say in the sentence and the judicial service should not be influenced by government and minimum fixed sentences for each crime be set and adhered to, and dependant on the crime additional time added. I also believe that a guilty plea should not reflect a shorter sentence!!
The recent documentary on ITV about a prison in America was a real eye opener. I strongly believe that if you want to have a prison sentence as both a deterrent and a punishment then sentences should not reflect the crime and the impact on the victim. I also think that you should serve the entire sentence you are given, and that "luxuries" in prison should be a reward for good behaviour not time off your sentence. Perhaps if we are relying on a jury system to find someone guilty then the jury should also have a say in the sentence and the judicial service should not be influenced by government and minimum fixed sentences for each crime be set and adhered to, and dependant on the crime additional time added. I also believe that a guilty plea should not reflect a shorter sentence!! oneshortleg

5:57pm Tue 29 Jan 13

GAHmusic says...

Why such a short sentence? Why was it made even shorter? I have heard about this individual from parents of children who live close to him and find it utterly incomprehensible that any parent should have to live in fear of what this sick man is capable of with it being so well known about and documented. Come on PCC time to put your money where your mouth is, this is obviously, completely and utterly unfair on the decent parents, families and children of your ward. I realy am fuming at this
Why such a short sentence? Why was it made even shorter? I have heard about this individual from parents of children who live close to him and find it utterly incomprehensible that any parent should have to live in fear of what this sick man is capable of with it being so well known about and documented. Come on PCC time to put your money where your mouth is, this is obviously, completely and utterly unfair on the decent parents, families and children of your ward. I realy am fuming at this GAHmusic

6:16pm Tue 29 Jan 13

alasdair1967 says...

Actual truth Teller wrote:
Right well here is the truth according to someone who isnt trying to jump on the band wagon - This man infact served 12 months on remand and then further 4 and a half months so intotal 16.5 months of an 18 month sentence, he in not allowed to live back in the Poole area and is probably in a bail hostel having to report and sign on as a sex offender for the next ten years. The leniant sentence was probably due to the fact that most of the girls parents knew who he was and what he was like and actively encourage their children to go around and buy his cheap baccy! And where as i have no sympathy for him whatsoever he has young family members who have had to carry on and live in the area and who shouldnt have to hear about him being released on the front of this paper!
As a parent it pains me to agree with your post sadly time served in jail prior to being found guilty and sentenced is actually subtracted from the total sentence handed down quite frankly people like this should rot in hell
[quote][p][bold]Actual truth Teller[/bold] wrote: Right well here is the truth according to someone who isnt trying to jump on the band wagon - This man infact served 12 months on remand and then further 4 and a half months so intotal 16.5 months of an 18 month sentence, he in not allowed to live back in the Poole area and is probably in a bail hostel having to report and sign on as a sex offender for the next ten years. The leniant sentence was probably due to the fact that most of the girls parents knew who he was and what he was like and actively encourage their children to go around and buy his cheap baccy! And where as i have no sympathy for him whatsoever he has young family members who have had to carry on and live in the area and who shouldnt have to hear about him being released on the front of this paper![/p][/quote]As a parent it pains me to agree with your post sadly time served in jail prior to being found guilty and sentenced is actually subtracted from the total sentence handed down quite frankly people like this should rot in hell alasdair1967

6:18pm Tue 29 Jan 13

alasdair1967 says...

GAHmusic wrote:
Why such a short sentence? Why was it made even shorter? I have heard about this individual from parents of children who live close to him and find it utterly incomprehensible that any parent should have to live in fear of what this sick man is capable of with it being so well known about and documented. Come on PCC time to put your money where your mouth is, this is obviously, completely and utterly unfair on the decent parents, families and children of your ward. I realy am fuming at this
Because his time on remand was subtracted from the sentence handed down agreed the total sentence was far too lenient
[quote][p][bold]GAHmusic[/bold] wrote: Why such a short sentence? Why was it made even shorter? I have heard about this individual from parents of children who live close to him and find it utterly incomprehensible that any parent should have to live in fear of what this sick man is capable of with it being so well known about and documented. Come on PCC time to put your money where your mouth is, this is obviously, completely and utterly unfair on the decent parents, families and children of your ward. I realy am fuming at this[/p][/quote]Because his time on remand was subtracted from the sentence handed down agreed the total sentence was far too lenient alasdair1967

6:18pm Tue 29 Jan 13

svemaetle says...

Well here it is..... I am one of the 4 people who turned up in court so I heard everything's and I do know the TRUTH,, yes well said actual truth teller....this is all about cheap fags and baccy, and the illegal selling and buying of it ....the papers have totally sensationalised this .... Let me put it in simple terms as for touching girls ..... He slapped a few girls **** and threw a few jelly beans in a jelly bean fight that went down a girls top....that totalled to sexual assault.... What a joke ...however his sentenced was lenient for that reason..... As I seen it in court ...it was more about the fact they never caught him with the cheap fags ! I do not condone his behaviour in anyway but let's not let this get blown out of proportion ....! He has family too ....
Well here it is..... I am one of the 4 people who turned up in court so I heard everything's and I do know the TRUTH,, yes well said actual truth teller....this is all about cheap fags and baccy, and the illegal selling and buying of it ....the papers have totally sensationalised this .... Let me put it in simple terms as for touching girls ..... He slapped a few girls **** and threw a few jelly beans in a jelly bean fight that went down a girls top....that totalled to sexual assault.... What a joke ...however his sentenced was lenient for that reason..... As I seen it in court ...it was more about the fact they never caught him with the cheap fags ! I do not condone his behaviour in anyway but let's not let this get blown out of proportion ....! He has family too .... svemaetle

6:24pm Tue 29 Jan 13

retry69 says...

svemaetle wrote:
Well here it is..... I am one of the 4 people who turned up in court so I heard everything's and I do know the TRUTH,, yes well said actual truth teller....this is all about cheap fags and baccy, and the illegal selling and buying of it ....the papers have totally sensationalised this .... Let me put it in simple terms as for touching girls ..... He slapped a few girls **** and threw a few jelly beans in a jelly bean fight that went down a girls top....that totalled to sexual assault.... What a joke ...however his sentenced was lenient for that reason..... As I seen it in court ...it was more about the fact they never caught him with the cheap fags ! I do not condone his behaviour in anyway but let's not let this get blown out of proportion ....! He has family too ....
Im sure everyone feels different towards him now DUH
[quote][p][bold]svemaetle[/bold] wrote: Well here it is..... I am one of the 4 people who turned up in court so I heard everything's and I do know the TRUTH,, yes well said actual truth teller....this is all about cheap fags and baccy, and the illegal selling and buying of it ....the papers have totally sensationalised this .... Let me put it in simple terms as for touching girls ..... He slapped a few girls **** and threw a few jelly beans in a jelly bean fight that went down a girls top....that totalled to sexual assault.... What a joke ...however his sentenced was lenient for that reason..... As I seen it in court ...it was more about the fact they never caught him with the cheap fags ! I do not condone his behaviour in anyway but let's not let this get blown out of proportion ....! He has family too ....[/p][/quote]Im sure everyone feels different towards him now DUH retry69

6:53pm Tue 29 Jan 13

TINY TOE says...

svemaetle wrote:
Well here it is..... I am one of the 4 people who turned up in court so I heard everything's and I do know the TRUTH,, yes well said actual truth teller....this is all about cheap fags and baccy, and the illegal selling and buying of it ....the papers have totally sensationalised this .... Let me put it in simple terms as for touching girls ..... He slapped a few girls **** and threw a few jelly beans in a jelly bean fight that went down a girls top....that totalled to sexual assault.... What a joke ...however his sentenced was lenient for that reason..... As I seen it in court ...it was more about the fact they never caught him with the cheap fags ! I do not condone his behaviour in anyway but let's not let this get blown out of proportion ....! He has family too ....
I dont think that the females concerned or their parents would agree with any part of this comment. Maybe he should of thought about his family before enticing young females into his house and acting inappropriately. The sentence was far too lenient and the fact he is allowed back to Poole is appaling !!!
[quote][p][bold]svemaetle[/bold] wrote: Well here it is..... I am one of the 4 people who turned up in court so I heard everything's and I do know the TRUTH,, yes well said actual truth teller....this is all about cheap fags and baccy, and the illegal selling and buying of it ....the papers have totally sensationalised this .... Let me put it in simple terms as for touching girls ..... He slapped a few girls **** and threw a few jelly beans in a jelly bean fight that went down a girls top....that totalled to sexual assault.... What a joke ...however his sentenced was lenient for that reason..... As I seen it in court ...it was more about the fact they never caught him with the cheap fags ! I do not condone his behaviour in anyway but let's not let this get blown out of proportion ....! He has family too ....[/p][/quote]I dont think that the females concerned or their parents would agree with any part of this comment. Maybe he should of thought about his family before enticing young females into his house and acting inappropriately. The sentence was far too lenient and the fact he is allowed back to Poole is appaling !!! TINY TOE

9:18pm Tue 29 Jan 13

svemaetle says...

In response to (retry69) comment....
(Mmmmmmmmmm......odd name by the way!!!!) but then I must not make assumptions..!
I am not out to change the way People think you think what you like I would just like to say again most of this written in the papers is utter rubbish ... I was in court and I really don't blame people for their comments based on what they read ,,, but find it so sad that the papers can get away with doing it ....they Have made it sound like he had sex with the girls he slapped a backside and threw jellybeans down a top !!! There was no sexual contact at all .... I'll say that again no sexual contact at all.... As I said before I don't condone his behaviour but let's get the facts right .also I note there was no mention of all the boys that were in his at the same time too.... Funny that!
In response to (retry69) comment.... (Mmmmmmmmmm......odd name by the way!!!!) but then I must not make assumptions..! I am not out to change the way People think you think what you like I would just like to say again most of this written in the papers is utter rubbish ... I was in court and I really don't blame people for their comments based on what they read ,,, but find it so sad that the papers can get away with doing it ....they Have made it sound like he had sex with the girls he slapped a backside and threw jellybeans down a top !!! There was no sexual contact at all .... I'll say that again no sexual contact at all.... As I said before I don't condone his behaviour but let's get the facts right .also I note there was no mention of all the boys that were in his at the same time too.... Funny that! svemaetle

9:48pm Tue 29 Jan 13

Mangiafuoco says...

l'anglais wrote:
As much I agree with most of these comments, what difference is going to do typing away on the Echo comments page.

Lobby your MP's and local Councillors.
Get a petition going.

Don't just sit there, if you feel so strongly, get off of your backsides.
Load of tosh! Close to two million people peacefully marched in London in February 2003 to protest against the threat of a war in Iraq. A few days later, Blair with his warlord friend Bush invaded Iraq, so protesting or writing to your MP is a total waste of time.
What we really need is direct action in order to bring a total overhaul of the justice system.
[quote][p][bold]l'anglais[/bold] wrote: As much I agree with most of these comments, what difference is going to do typing away on the Echo comments page. Lobby your MP's and local Councillors. Get a petition going. Don't just sit there, if you feel so strongly, get off of your backsides.[/p][/quote]Load of tosh! Close to two million people peacefully marched in London in February 2003 to protest against the threat of a war in Iraq. A few days later, Blair with his warlord friend Bush invaded Iraq, so protesting or writing to your MP is a total waste of time. What we really need is direct action in order to bring a total overhaul of the justice system. Mangiafuoco

9:56pm Tue 29 Jan 13

retry69 says...

svemaetle wrote:
In response to (retry69) comment....
(Mmmmmmmmmm......odd name by the way!!!!) but then I must not make assumptions..!
I am not out to change the way People think you think what you like I would just like to say again most of this written in the papers is utter rubbish ... I was in court and I really don't blame people for their comments based on what they read ,,, but find it so sad that the papers can get away with doing it ....they Have made it sound like he had sex with the girls he slapped a backside and threw jellybeans down a top !!! There was no sexual contact at all .... I'll say that again no sexual contact at all.... As I said before I don't condone his behaviour but let's get the facts right .also I note there was no mention of all the boys that were in his at the same time too.... Funny that!
svemaetle (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm odd name by the way!!!!) "he slapped a backside" there was no sexual contact at all...ill say that again no sexual contact at all.I think we get the picture! Think again!
[quote][p][bold]svemaetle[/bold] wrote: In response to (retry69) comment.... (Mmmmmmmmmm......odd name by the way!!!!) but then I must not make assumptions..! I am not out to change the way People think you think what you like I would just like to say again most of this written in the papers is utter rubbish ... I was in court and I really don't blame people for their comments based on what they read ,,, but find it so sad that the papers can get away with doing it ....they Have made it sound like he had sex with the girls he slapped a backside and threw jellybeans down a top !!! There was no sexual contact at all .... I'll say that again no sexual contact at all.... As I said before I don't condone his behaviour but let's get the facts right .also I note there was no mention of all the boys that were in his at the same time too.... Funny that![/p][/quote]svemaetle (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm odd name by the way!!!!) "he slapped a backside" there was no sexual contact at all...ill say that again no sexual contact at all.I think we get the picture! Think again! retry69

10:08pm Tue 29 Jan 13

retry69 says...

Also it states he pleaded guilty to sexual activities with a child or is that wrong also
Also it states he pleaded guilty to sexual activities with a child or is that wrong also retry69

11:02pm Tue 29 Jan 13

svemaetle says...

Initials actually!,,,,,and again it's the way it's worded .... Yes he pleaded guilty to slapping backsides ..... I was there!!!!!!!!
Initials actually!,,,,,and again it's the way it's worded .... Yes he pleaded guilty to slapping backsides ..... I was there!!!!!!!! svemaetle

11:18pm Tue 29 Jan 13

rudolph_hucker says...

i sterilised my dog and she never hurt anyone, so why treat him different, bring me my shears and hold him down
i sterilised my dog and she never hurt anyone, so why treat him different, bring me my shears and hold him down rudolph_hucker

1:29am Wed 30 Jan 13

billd766 says...

rudolph_hucker wrote:
i sterilised my dog and she never hurt anyone, so why treat him different, bring me my shears and hold him down
I hope that the shears are old, rusty andblunt with jagged edges.
[quote][p][bold]rudolph_hucker[/bold] wrote: i sterilised my dog and she never hurt anyone, so why treat him different, bring me my shears and hold him down[/p][/quote]I hope that the shears are old, rusty andblunt with jagged edges. billd766

3:32am Wed 30 Jan 13

retry69 says...

svemaetle wrote:
Initials actually!,,,,,and again it's the way it's worded .... Yes he pleaded guilty to slapping backsides ..... I was there!!!!!!!!
Unusually long name.Unsure if "I was there!!!!!!!!" means you were at the scene or the court case but either way your attempts at defending this persons behaviour is starting to sicken me
[quote][p][bold]svemaetle[/bold] wrote: Initials actually!,,,,,and again it's the way it's worded .... Yes he pleaded guilty to slapping backsides ..... I was there!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Unusually long name.Unsure if "I was there!!!!!!!!" means you were at the scene or the court case but either way your attempts at defending this persons behaviour is starting to sicken me retry69

7:41am Wed 30 Jan 13

GAHmusic says...

So it turns out he only sold tobacco and alcohol to minors whilst acting inapropriately. So that's alright then (
So it turns out he only sold tobacco and alcohol to minors whilst acting inapropriately. So that's alright then ( GAHmusic

7:51pm Fri 1 Feb 13

Fair1234 says...

Kevin Sherwoods sentence was fair for someone who was caught for the selling of alcohol and cigerettes , as for the young girls accusations and the mothers excuses for her daugthers behavior is beyond me , why would a young girl start smoking after this if the reason she was at mr sherwoods was to buy cigerettes yet again another case of peoples comments without knowing the full story and the press as always ruining peoples lives ! As well as Mr Sherwoods sentence the reporter should be sentenced the mother for her lies and bad parenting! I would know where my 14 year old daugther was at all times another case of poor parenting also , and as for Mr Sherwoods actions not suitable behavior but we cannot jump to conclusions being made out by the paper to be a sex offender for a slap on the arse these cases are wrong for what hes done but hardly make Mr sherwood a sex offender! Most blokes out in the uk would be in prison for wrongfully smaking on the arse and 13 , 14 , 15 yr old girls out and about in poole and uk nightclubs acting 18 - wrong but true and these girls are protected for there actions stricter parenting and schooling would be a good start to avoid situations like these !
Kevin Sherwoods sentence was fair for someone who was caught for the selling of alcohol and cigerettes , as for the young girls accusations and the mothers excuses for her daugthers behavior is beyond me , why would a young girl start smoking after this if the reason she was at mr sherwoods was to buy cigerettes yet again another case of peoples comments without knowing the full story and the press as always ruining peoples lives ! As well as Mr Sherwoods sentence the reporter should be sentenced the mother for her lies and bad parenting! I would know where my 14 year old daugther was at all times another case of poor parenting also , and as for Mr Sherwoods actions not suitable behavior but we cannot jump to conclusions being made out by the paper to be a sex offender for a slap on the arse these cases are wrong for what hes done but hardly make Mr sherwood a sex offender! Most blokes out in the uk would be in prison for wrongfully smaking on the arse and 13 , 14 , 15 yr old girls out and about in poole and uk nightclubs acting 18 - wrong but true and these girls are protected for there actions stricter parenting and schooling would be a good start to avoid situations like these ! Fair1234

4:14pm Mon 4 Feb 13

TINY TOE says...

Fair1234 wrote:
Kevin Sherwoods sentence was fair for someone who was caught for the selling of alcohol and cigerettes , as for the young girls accusations and the mothers excuses for her daugthers behavior is beyond me , why would a young girl start smoking after this if the reason she was at mr sherwoods was to buy cigerettes yet again another case of peoples comments without knowing the full story and the press as always ruining peoples lives ! As well as Mr Sherwoods sentence the reporter should be sentenced the mother for her lies and bad parenting! I would know where my 14 year old daugther was at all times another case of poor parenting also , and as for Mr Sherwoods actions not suitable behavior but we cannot jump to conclusions being made out by the paper to be a sex offender for a slap on the arse these cases are wrong for what hes done but hardly make Mr sherwood a sex offender! Most blokes out in the uk would be in prison for wrongfully smaking on the arse and 13 , 14 , 15 yr old girls out and about in poole and uk nightclubs acting 18 - wrong but true and these girls are protected for there actions stricter parenting and schooling would be a good start to avoid situations like these !
I know the family concerned and they are very strict parents . They believed their daughter was down the field with her friends un aware that this sick man had removed his back fence to make it easier to entice children from the playing field into his house as he had ALREADY received a warning for the amount of children in and out of his house. You say people are jumping to conclusions on this sick man but you feel you have the right to jump to the conclusion that this was due to bad parenting and schooling ?? Very hypercritical
[quote][p][bold]Fair1234[/bold] wrote: Kevin Sherwoods sentence was fair for someone who was caught for the selling of alcohol and cigerettes , as for the young girls accusations and the mothers excuses for her daugthers behavior is beyond me , why would a young girl start smoking after this if the reason she was at mr sherwoods was to buy cigerettes yet again another case of peoples comments without knowing the full story and the press as always ruining peoples lives ! As well as Mr Sherwoods sentence the reporter should be sentenced the mother for her lies and bad parenting! I would know where my 14 year old daugther was at all times another case of poor parenting also , and as for Mr Sherwoods actions not suitable behavior but we cannot jump to conclusions being made out by the paper to be a sex offender for a slap on the arse these cases are wrong for what hes done but hardly make Mr sherwood a sex offender! Most blokes out in the uk would be in prison for wrongfully smaking on the arse and 13 , 14 , 15 yr old girls out and about in poole and uk nightclubs acting 18 - wrong but true and these girls are protected for there actions stricter parenting and schooling would be a good start to avoid situations like these ![/p][/quote]I know the family concerned and they are very strict parents . They believed their daughter was down the field with her friends un aware that this sick man had removed his back fence to make it easier to entice children from the playing field into his house as he had ALREADY received a warning for the amount of children in and out of his house. You say people are jumping to conclusions on this sick man but you feel you have the right to jump to the conclusion that this was due to bad parenting and schooling ?? Very hypercritical TINY TOE

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree