When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
UPDATED: Fire at building in Ashley Cross
THE fire that caused a three-storey Poole office block to be evacuated this morning started because of an electrical fault, firefighters say.
Briggs House, Ashley Cross, was evacuated after alarms sounded and smoke was spotted billowing from an upstairs window.
Fire crews used breathing apparatus and water jets to tackle the fire, which took hold in an office on the second floor. No-one has been injured.
Four fire engines went to the scene, above Minuteman Press in Commercial Road around 11.30am.
Police were forced to temporarily close the Britannia Road crossroads as the drama unfolded.
Minuteman Press managing director Nicky Durant-Lewis told the Daily Echo: “The alarms were set off and everyone evacuated from the building. The fire brigade got here and because it is a large building they turned up with several appliances.
“Everyone commented on how fast they arrived. The turnout time was brilliant.
“They got here to find the building had been evacuated. There was a fire, two of us went up there to check. It wasn’t a vacant office but no-one inside at the time.”
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service have since confirmed the cause was electrical.
Comments are closed on this article.