When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Candle sparks North Dorset blaze
9:47am Wednesday 2nd January 2013 in News
AN unattended candle is believed to have sparked an early morning blaze in Motcombe, near Shaftesbury, early today.
Two crews of firefighters used breathing gear to extinguish the fire which broke out at around 5.14 am.
A Dorset Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman is warning householders to ensure they have smoke detectors fitted and candles are not left unattended or near soft furnishings.
The occupier escaped from a severely damaged annexe, adjoining a residential property, after being alerted by the smell of smoke.