- The Cliff End hotel, which has been causing residents concern for several years, was on fire for around two hours this morning.
- The fire was centred around the central part of the building and 30 firefighters attended the blaze.
- Manor Road was cordoned off and a barrier was erected to keep the public back.
- A lightning strike is believed to be the most likely cause of the fire
- Another fire occured at Lytchett Minster School this morning. Lightning is also believed to be the most likely cause of the blaze.