When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Christmas Day fire drama in Weymouth
9:53am Wednesday 26th December 2012 in News
A WEYMOUTH family escaped a fire in their home on Christmas day.
The blaze broke out in the dishwasher in the kitchen of the house in Cornflower Close, Littlemoor, at 9.30pm. It spread to nearby appliances and the house was engulfed in smoke.
A spokesman for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus managed to extinguish the blaze.
Crews then ventilated the property.
They said that the dishwasher, a washing machine and fridge freezer were destroyed.
The home also suffered extensive smoke damage. It is believed the blaze was caused by an electrical fault.
The spokesman added that teams would be visiting the area in the coming days to carry out Home Fire Safety checks.
Comments are closed on this article.