The father of the woman assaulted in the attack that sparked the manhunt for Dean Goodwin blasted the probation service for releasing the high-risk sex offender.
He said: “People like this man should never be allowed out of prison. It’s unbelievably frustrating and makes me so angry he has been allowed to do this again.
“These men are dangerous. They should never be released – they are a complete menace. They are no good to society.
“Who decides on when they should be released? It’s disgusting.
“He needs to spend the rest of his life in prison. Justice needs to be done.”
He added: “My daughter has a strong family around her who are supporting her. She’s coping. Everyone’s said how remarkably well she is doing but obviously it’s taking its toll.”
- Police tell Dean Goodwin: Give yourself up
- Dean Goodwin: a life in prison
- Police hunt for "dangerous" sex offender - Monday updates
- Police hunt for "dangerous" sex offender enters second day
- Dean Goodwin: he should never have been released, says victim's father