When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Woman taken to hospital after flat fire
8:11am Wednesday 21st November 2012 in News
A WOMAN was taken to hopsital after a flat fire in Bournemouth on Tuesday evening.
The incident took place at Colman Court in Manor Road, on the East Cliff just before 8pm last night.
The fire, which was caused by unattended cooking, took place in a fourth floor flat in the nine storey building.
Five crews from Springbourne, Westbourne, Redhill and Christchurch were called to deal with the blaze.
A woman suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital by ambulance.
The Red Cross emergency support vehicle was also called.
There was smoke and fire damage to the kitchen.
A spoksperson for Dorset Fire and Rescue reminded people never to leave cooking unattended.