Roadworks shambles: council to remove cones from the A35 but Blandford Road to be closed BOTH ways
Drivers are reporting total standstill for a second day on the Upton bypass.
- Wessex Water announce total closure of a section of Blandford Road for five days from 9.30am on Thursday because of collapsed sewer, leaving Turlin Moor and Hamworthy residents stuck going the long way round
- The A35 has been down to a single lane because of resurfacing and bridge strengthening works although the work is only taking place overnight
- Dorset County Council are removing the lane closures from the section of the A35 between the A350 and Upton Country Park during rush hour from tomorrow
- The Sandbanks ferry is also closed for its biennial refit
- Traffic also backed up on Wessex Way thanks to roadworks on Cooper Dean and Kings Park slip roads