Bournemouth EchoAFC Bournemouth: Arter keen to learn from goalscoring midfielder Lampard (From Bournemouth Echo)

When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.

AFC Bournemouth: Arter keen to learn from goalscoring midfielder Lampard

Bournemouth Echo: INSPIRATION: Harry Arter looks up to Frank Lampard INSPIRATION: Harry Arter looks up to Frank Lampard

AMBITIOUS Harry Arter will seek inspiration from Chelsea star Frank Lampard as he bids to add a sniper’s instinct to his considerable midfield armoury.

The 24-year-old has won rave reviews for his displays in the Championship in recent months but openly admits that goalscoring is a department in which he needs to improve.

Arter only had one effort to his name prior to Saturday’s 5-0 mauling of Doncaster in which he bagged his first brace in a Cherries shirt.

The former Woking man is hoping to learn lessons from watching Lampard in action, citing the midfielder’s goalscoring record – 210 goals in 586 appearances for the Blues – as a remarkable feat.

He told the Daily Echo: “With midfielders I look up to in English football, I’d say that there’s not many now that score a lot.

“People like (Steven) Gerrard, Jack Wilshere and players like that don’t score an abundance of goals.

“There’s only one midfielder who has done it throughout the years and that’s Lampard.

“Players like him are the ones I’ve got to look at and see the positions they pick up and if I can add goals to my game then it will only improve me and the team.

“Looking towards the end of the season, I want to try and get on the scoresheet as much as I can.

“Each year, you want to try and better your tally, although I knew it would be more difficult this year.

“Unfortunately, unless I go on a really good run between now and the end of the season, it doesn’t look like I will do it.

“Next season that will be something I can highlight and try to improve on.”

The midfielder admits that Cherries boss Eddie Howe would like to see his tally increase, but says he has not been overly-pressured to perform in that area.

Arter said: “He’s mentioned it but he hasn’t made me feel like I have to go into games and score goals.

“It’s something he wants me to improve and I’m sure he has said to a number of players that he wants more goals from everyone.

“It’s nice to not have the pressure of a manager making you feel like you’re not doing enough for the team. He tells you what you are doing well and what you can do better.”

Comments (9)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:26am Fri 7 Mar 14

TedMacsCherryPants says...

I’m making a comment about their being no comments so far today.

Frank Lampard is a fine role model for anyone and Harry has chosen wisely.

A few Blackpool stories on here, not taking anything for granted but they are on the ropes and there for the taking, so go at ‘em boys!!
UTCIAD
I’m making a comment about their being no comments so far today. Frank Lampard is a fine role model for anyone and Harry has chosen wisely. A few Blackpool stories on here, not taking anything for granted but they are on the ropes and there for the taking, so go at ‘em boys!! UTCIAD TedMacsCherryPants
  • Score: 5

11:17am Fri 7 Mar 14

afcbtintin says...

TedMacsCherryPants wrote:
I’m making a comment about their being no comments so far today.

Frank Lampard is a fine role model for anyone and Harry has chosen wisely.

A few Blackpool stories on here, not taking anything for granted but they are on the ropes and there for the taking, so go at ‘em boys!!
UTCIAD
And at this time the story has no more comments............
...oh hang on now I've made one.

UTCIAD
[quote][p][bold]TedMacsCherryPants[/bold] wrote: I’m making a comment about their being no comments so far today. Frank Lampard is a fine role model for anyone and Harry has chosen wisely. A few Blackpool stories on here, not taking anything for granted but they are on the ropes and there for the taking, so go at ‘em boys!! UTCIAD[/p][/quote]And at this time the story has no more comments............ ...oh hang on now I've made one. UTCIAD afcbtintin
  • Score: 1

11:42am Fri 7 Mar 14

TedMacsCherryPants says...

afcbtintin wrote:
TedMacsCherryPants wrote: I’m making a comment about their being no comments so far today. Frank Lampard is a fine role model for anyone and Harry has chosen wisely. A few Blackpool stories on here, not taking anything for granted but they are on the ropes and there for the taking, so go at ‘em boys!! UTCIAD
And at this time the story has no more comments............ ...oh hang on now I've made one. UTCIAD
I am commenting that I am glad to see you comment, it was getting a bit lonely on here.
All those going to Blackpool have a good journey and lets hope we bring back 3 poiints, I quite fancy us to.
[quote][p][bold]afcbtintin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TedMacsCherryPants[/bold] wrote: I’m making a comment about their being no comments so far today. Frank Lampard is a fine role model for anyone and Harry has chosen wisely. A few Blackpool stories on here, not taking anything for granted but they are on the ropes and there for the taking, so go at ‘em boys!! UTCIAD[/p][/quote]And at this time the story has no more comments............ ...oh hang on now I've made one. UTCIAD[/p][/quote]I am commenting that I am glad to see you comment, it was getting a bit lonely on here. All those going to Blackpool have a good journey and lets hope we bring back 3 poiints, I quite fancy us to. TedMacsCherryPants
  • Score: 1

12:22pm Fri 7 Mar 14

abc100 says...

A player of Arters quality really needs to be getting into double figures every season
A player of Arters quality really needs to be getting into double figures every season abc100
  • Score: 1

1:29pm Fri 7 Mar 14

afcbtintin says...

TedMacsCherryPants wrote:
afcbtintin wrote:
TedMacsCherryPants wrote: I’m making a comment about their being no comments so far today. Frank Lampard is a fine role model for anyone and Harry has chosen wisely. A few Blackpool stories on here, not taking anything for granted but they are on the ropes and there for the taking, so go at ‘em boys!! UTCIAD
And at this time the story has no more comments............ ...oh hang on now I've made one. UTCIAD
I am commenting that I am glad to see you comment, it was getting a bit lonely on here.
All those going to Blackpool have a good journey and lets hope we bring back 3 poiints, I quite fancy us to.
I can feel it in my waters !

UTCIAD
[quote][p][bold]TedMacsCherryPants[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]afcbtintin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TedMacsCherryPants[/bold] wrote: I’m making a comment about their being no comments so far today. Frank Lampard is a fine role model for anyone and Harry has chosen wisely. A few Blackpool stories on here, not taking anything for granted but they are on the ropes and there for the taking, so go at ‘em boys!! UTCIAD[/p][/quote]And at this time the story has no more comments............ ...oh hang on now I've made one. UTCIAD[/p][/quote]I am commenting that I am glad to see you comment, it was getting a bit lonely on here. All those going to Blackpool have a good journey and lets hope we bring back 3 poiints, I quite fancy us to.[/p][/quote]I can feel it in my waters ! UTCIAD afcbtintin
  • Score: 1

2:42pm Fri 7 Mar 14

redster says...

Fancy a good result tomorrow but as usual during the six nations I dread the double whammy of the Cherries losing and England, but think I am more confident of a resurgent Cherries beating that dreaded result
UTC,s
Fancy a good result tomorrow but as usual during the six nations I dread the double whammy of the Cherries losing and England, but think I am more confident of a resurgent Cherries beating that dreaded result UTC,s redster
  • Score: 1

3:15pm Fri 7 Mar 14

raybren says...

When the OHEC did the Arter likes to play " on the edge " story last week , I commented on here that he needs to be on the edge of the other teams box , shooting ! Two goals against Doncaster followed , long may it continue .
When the OHEC did the Arter likes to play " on the edge " story last week , I commented on here that he needs to be on the edge of the other teams box , shooting ! Two goals against Doncaster followed , long may it continue . raybren
  • Score: 1

3:38pm Fri 7 Mar 14

pete woodley says...

Changing the subject but i see QPR have lost a lot of money.Arry does seem to be a bad omen for some clubs doesn't he.
Changing the subject but i see QPR have lost a lot of money.Arry does seem to be a bad omen for some clubs doesn't he. pete woodley
  • Score: 3

5:40pm Fri 7 Mar 14

West moors 1 says...

Great to see at least one midfielder having a shot or two. Now if we can get O'Kane to release the trigger more freely as well, our goal tally will push on. We are looking like a decent team in a very tough league, having added a quality forward in Yan, we are going to threaten good teams along the way. Up the cherries!!!
Great to see at least one midfielder having a shot or two. Now if we can get O'Kane to release the trigger more freely as well, our goal tally will push on. We are looking like a decent team in a very tough league, having added a quality forward in Yan, we are going to threaten good teams along the way. Up the cherries!!! West moors 1
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree