VIDEO: Clean-up operation at Creekmoor park and ride after travellers leave rubbish strewn site

DUMPED: Rubbish left behind by travellers at the Creekmoor Park and Ride site in Poole

Clean-up operation at Creekmoor park and ride after travellers leave rubbish strewn site

Clean-up operation at Creekmoor park and ride after travellers leave rubbish strewn site

First published in News
Last updated
by

TRAVELLERS have left the park and ride site in Creekmoor – with council workers to begin a clean-up operation today.

The group, who arrived at the site earlier this month, left on Saturday afternoon.

Half of the travellers vacated the site last week, leaving around 10 caravans and motorhomes still there.

But following their Bank Holiday weekend departure, rubbish was left strewn around the ground, along with gas bottles, refuse bags and broken glass.

The park and ride bus stop has also been damaged with a portable toilet found upended as well.

Creekmoor ward councillor Judy Butt said she and her fellow ward councillors were “extremely disappointed” by the state of the ground.

Council staff secured the site after the group departed on Saturday.

Cllr Butt added: “We’ve worked so hard to ensure the appropriate equipment was provided to prevent this situation.

“The bus stop is smashed and a toilet has been pushed over. We do not have staff to clean this type of mess up and will have to get people in.

“We may just have been unlucky but we’re still very disappointed.

“We will work to ensure that we get appropriate protection there so this can’t happen again.

“We also feel that it was necessary to take the eviction route as the travellers did leave earlier than they would have.

“We will be asking for the policy regarding what we have provided to be reviewed.”

She also called on Secretary of State Eric Pickles to create the powers to ensure councils can share a transit site.

“Residents feel so aggrieved this has happened.

“We are all acting on their behalf.”

Skips and toilets were provided for the group to ‘prevent damage to the environment and reduce the subsequent clean-up costs’, a spokesperson for Borough of Poole said last week.

Officials were due to go to court this week to seek eviction orders against the remaining group, if they failed to leave.

Damage to the boundary is likely to be repaired as soon as possible.

Comments have been opened on this story but please note: any reference to gypsies or any racially offensive term will cause them to be closed and you may find your account suspended. Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers are legally recognised as ethnic groups, and protected by the Race Relations Act. Please keep your comments to this particular incident and do not generalise. Thanks for your co-operation.

Comments (41)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:15am Tue 26 Aug 14

Turtlebay says...

Pity the council don't block them in with snow ploughs/gritters and force them to pick up and take their rubbish with them!
Pity the council don't block them in with snow ploughs/gritters and force them to pick up and take their rubbish with them! Turtlebay
  • Score: 50

6:19am Tue 26 Aug 14

alasdair1967 says...

Criminal damage to access the site blatant vandalism and fly tipping ,yet they will get away with it ,I wonder what would have happened to a member of the general public if they had done the same
Criminal damage to access the site blatant vandalism and fly tipping ,yet they will get away with it ,I wonder what would have happened to a member of the general public if they had done the same alasdair1967
  • Score: 71

6:25am Tue 26 Aug 14

AmsterdamMan says...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ AmsterdamMan
  • Score: -32

6:33am Tue 26 Aug 14

alfie23 says...

This is where you go to the gypsy traveller spokesman and get a reaction and see if they can defend these type of actions . And they wonder why nobody likes them ....
This is where you go to the gypsy traveller spokesman and get a reaction and see if they can defend these type of actions . And they wonder why nobody likes them .... alfie23
  • Score: 76

6:41am Tue 26 Aug 14

Letcommonsenseprevail says...

alfie23 wrote:
This is where you go to the gypsy traveller spokesman and get a reaction and see if they can defend these type of actions . And they wonder why nobody likes them ....
True, but that wohld be Journalism, and this is the Echo........
[quote][p][bold]alfie23[/bold] wrote: This is where you go to the gypsy traveller spokesman and get a reaction and see if they can defend these type of actions . And they wonder why nobody likes them ....[/p][/quote]True, but that wohld be Journalism, and this is the Echo........ Letcommonsenseprevail
  • Score: 28

7:11am Tue 26 Aug 14

billy bumble says...

Filthy creatures
Filthy creatures billy bumble
  • Score: 41

7:16am Tue 26 Aug 14

alasdair1967 says...

And no further news of any more illegal encampments , so where have they all gone oh that's right the steam fair site has opened so another 10 months to go before the annual pre steam fair game of cat and mouse begins , 10 months for Bournemouth and Poole councils to work out a plan that might actually work !
And no further news of any more illegal encampments , so where have they all gone oh that's right the steam fair site has opened so another 10 months to go before the annual pre steam fair game of cat and mouse begins , 10 months for Bournemouth and Poole councils to work out a plan that might actually work ! alasdair1967
  • Score: 40

7:18am Tue 26 Aug 14

TheDistrict says...

Drove past the Steam Fair grounds yesterday, and yes, they have all coralled into the grounds ready for the Fair. Funny we the public all said they would.
Drove past the Steam Fair grounds yesterday, and yes, they have all coralled into the grounds ready for the Fair. Funny we the public all said they would. TheDistrict
  • Score: 30

7:24am Tue 26 Aug 14

alasdair1967 says...

TheDistrict wrote:
Drove past the Steam Fair grounds yesterday, and yes, they have all coralled into the grounds ready for the Fair. Funny we the public all said they would.
And do they have to pay for the privilege the same as the general public ?
[quote][p][bold]TheDistrict[/bold] wrote: Drove past the Steam Fair grounds yesterday, and yes, they have all coralled into the grounds ready for the Fair. Funny we the public all said they would.[/p][/quote]And do they have to pay for the privilege the same as the general public ? alasdair1967
  • Score: 28

7:45am Tue 26 Aug 14

loftusrod says...

Memo to council - next year, don't bother providing skips and toilets as it's a clear waste of money, time and effort. They leave their rubbish behind anyway.
Memo to council - next year, don't bother providing skips and toilets as it's a clear waste of money, time and effort. They leave their rubbish behind anyway. loftusrod
  • Score: 43

7:54am Tue 26 Aug 14

Quakers2 says...

On the plus side we know they are not worried about traffic noise and being close to busy roads so the area is a good one for them. Contaminated land can be cleaned or green belt land can have its status changed. If there is a desire to find a solution then one could be found. Cllr Butt - where has all the money gone? Please find out and report back. It looks like someone at the Council is hiding around £220,000 somewhere.
Disgusting group of individuals but we all knew that. Nearly time to relax and moan about cyclists without lights or some other same old ****** What say you AmsterdamMan?
On the plus side we know they are not worried about traffic noise and being close to busy roads so the area is a good one for them. Contaminated land can be cleaned or green belt land can have its status changed. If there is a desire to find a solution then one could be found. Cllr Butt - where has all the money gone? Please find out and report back. It looks like someone at the Council is hiding around £220,000 somewhere. Disgusting group of individuals but we all knew that. Nearly time to relax and moan about cyclists without lights or some other same old ****** What say you AmsterdamMan? Quakers2
  • Score: 10

7:55am Tue 26 Aug 14

MMM444 says...

AmsterdamMan wrote:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZ
Agreed, sick of hearing about them, clowns in power that want taking to the tip.
[quote][p][bold]AmsterdamMan[/bold] wrote: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ[/p][/quote]Agreed, sick of hearing about them, clowns in power that want taking to the tip. MMM444
  • Score: 6

8:20am Tue 26 Aug 14

Wiff Waff says...

Shocking revelations,........
so even though they have done this every other time, they did it again this time!!

It's almost as though they know they can get away with it with absolutely no consequences........
.oh, wait!!!
Shocking revelations,........ so even though they have done this every other time, they did it again this time!! It's almost as though they know they can get away with it with absolutely no consequences........ .oh, wait!!! Wiff Waff
  • Score: 25

8:57am Tue 26 Aug 14

Carolyn43 says...

So where are the 13 comments supposed to be with this? Previously if they'd been removed, the count went back to 0.

Wonder if the council factored in the cost of cleaning up if they had gone ahead with the TSPs. Obviously providing a skip and portable toilets doesn't work.
So where are the 13 comments supposed to be with this? Previously if they'd been removed, the count went back to 0. Wonder if the council factored in the cost of cleaning up if they had gone ahead with the TSPs. Obviously providing a skip and portable toilets doesn't work. Carolyn43
  • Score: 11

9:01am Tue 26 Aug 14

Carolyn43 says...

Suddenly the 13 comments have appeared. Must be something to do with the new layout. Tried refreshing the age three times and opening the link on the speech bubbles and "13 comments" and they still didn't appear until I added mine.
Suddenly the 13 comments have appeared. Must be something to do with the new layout. Tried refreshing the age three times and opening the link on the speech bubbles and "13 comments" and they still didn't appear until I added mine. Carolyn43
  • Score: -2

9:03am Tue 26 Aug 14

Carolyn43 says...

Leaving this filth is interfering with OUR human rights. It just isn't acceptable that law abiding people can have their human rights negated by the human rights of a minority group.
Leaving this filth is interfering with OUR human rights. It just isn't acceptable that law abiding people can have their human rights negated by the human rights of a minority group. Carolyn43
  • Score: 25

9:05am Tue 26 Aug 14

spooki says...

Well big surprise! THIS is exactly why no one wants them nearby! THIS is exactly why no one wants a permenantly ground for them to use! Why can't they have a corner for rubbish and bag it up as they go to make it easier for collecting? They get to park ILLEGALLY, sometimes using criminal damage to get in, they get skips and portable toilets provided and they don't seem to be able to use them. They don't give a monkeys.
I don't care what they're called, they are certainly not true gypsies who would look after their place to lodge and be grateful for it.
Stop pansying about and get rid.
Well big surprise! THIS is exactly why no one wants them nearby! THIS is exactly why no one wants a permenantly ground for them to use! Why can't they have a corner for rubbish and bag it up as they go to make it easier for collecting? They get to park ILLEGALLY, sometimes using criminal damage to get in, they get skips and portable toilets provided and they don't seem to be able to use them. They don't give a monkeys. I don't care what they're called, they are certainly not true gypsies who would look after their place to lodge and be grateful for it. Stop pansying about and get rid. spooki
  • Score: 33

9:17am Tue 26 Aug 14

cromwell9 says...

No surprise there then,We all knew they would leave it in a mess for us to foot the bill and clear it up.Dont worry they will be all back next summer and do it all over again,
This is the fault of Labour/Lib Dems,giving away all our powers to the EU without consulting us first,
They are destroying this country .These two partys are only interested in Public secter /Imigrants/Lay abouts.
They dont stand for the working class anymore.etc.
With there policys they will keep flooding this country with imigrants.Give them Housing,and all the benefits.over us.
Eventually they will out number us and take over.
This wknd the Previous Arch Bishop of Canterberry put out a warning .That unless we change course this country will become an Islamic state.
Our Christian way of life in Britain will be gone,
As Nigel Farage said ,we want OUR country back .(DO YOU).
Just watch the traiters have a go at my comments ,They will call me every thing ,and mark me down..Cant wait.
Next May You will have a chance start to change the way the UK is heading.It may be your LAST chance.
No surprise there then,We all knew they would leave it in a mess for us to foot the bill and clear it up.Dont worry they will be all back next summer and do it all over again, This is the fault of Labour/Lib Dems,giving away all our powers to the EU without consulting us first, They are destroying this country .These two partys are only interested in Public secter /Imigrants/Lay abouts. They dont stand for the working class anymore.etc. With there policys they will keep flooding this country with imigrants.Give them Housing,and all the benefits.over us. Eventually they will out number us and take over. This wknd the Previous Arch Bishop of Canterberry put out a warning .That unless we change course this country will become an Islamic state. Our Christian way of life in Britain will be gone, As Nigel Farage said ,we want OUR country back .(DO YOU). Just watch the traiters have a go at my comments ,They will call me every thing ,and mark me down..Cant wait. Next May You will have a chance start to change the way the UK is heading.It may be your LAST chance. cromwell9
  • Score: 25

9:32am Tue 26 Aug 14

DiggerRuss says...

Where's councillor Atkinson then. She loved having her photo taken there when they broke in.

The skips are still there and they need to pay someone to carry the rubbish to put in them, what another waste of money.

Those that let them stay. Poole council should get down here, pick it up and place it in skip, it really is that easy! They will then understand what residents have to put up with.
Where's councillor Atkinson then. She loved having her photo taken there when they broke in. The skips are still there and they need to pay someone to carry the rubbish to put in them, what another waste of money. Those that let them stay. Poole council should get down here, pick it up and place it in skip, it really is that easy! They will then understand what residents have to put up with. DiggerRuss
  • Score: 16

9:56am Tue 26 Aug 14

saynomore says...

And this is what will happen if the are given a permanent site, they will wreck it as they did years ago at Manning's heath site. It is about time the law was changed regarding these theving scumbags and get them shifted immediately they break in to land. But all political parties are gutless over this issue
And this is what will happen if the are given a permanent site, they will wreck it as they did years ago at Manning's heath site. It is about time the law was changed regarding these theving scumbags and get them shifted immediately they break in to land. But all political parties are gutless over this issue saynomore
  • Score: 21

9:58am Tue 26 Aug 14

simongreenaway says...

Where's that prat Jeff Williams now.
Said that the travellers are all ok.
Where's that prat Jeff Williams now. Said that the travellers are all ok. simongreenaway
  • Score: 11

10:22am Tue 26 Aug 14

Marty Caine says...

Well as it is blatantly obvious they will not use the skips provided or the toilets, only damage them so that the council has to pay even more, would it not make sense not to provide them at all and the money saved could go towards the cleanup costs?

If I recall right the council saved £250,00 by not building the TSP and then sold the land for a further £400,00 plus revenue income from that land, they have spent £40,000 on securing some of the usual illegal campsites. So I reckon there should still be plenty in the pot for this cleanup and securing the Park & Ride.
Well as it is blatantly obvious they will not use the skips provided or the toilets, only damage them so that the council has to pay even more, would it not make sense not to provide them at all and the money saved could go towards the cleanup costs? If I recall right the council saved £250,00 by not building the TSP and then sold the land for a further £400,00 plus revenue income from that land, they have spent £40,000 on securing some of the usual illegal campsites. So I reckon there should still be plenty in the pot for this cleanup and securing the Park & Ride. Marty Caine
  • Score: 13

10:27am Tue 26 Aug 14

Carolyn43 says...

simongreenaway wrote:
Where's that prat Jeff Williams now.
Said that the travellers are all ok.
I reckon he was trying to get a public profile ready to stand in the May council elections. Problem is he's started with the wrong profile by supporting the travellers.
[quote][p][bold]simongreenaway[/bold] wrote: Where's that prat Jeff Williams now. Said that the travellers are all ok.[/p][/quote]I reckon he was trying to get a public profile ready to stand in the May council elections. Problem is he's started with the wrong profile by supporting the travellers. Carolyn43
  • Score: 4

10:53am Tue 26 Aug 14

MMM444 says...

cromwell9 wrote:
No surprise there then,We all knew they would leave it in a mess for us to foot the bill and clear it up.Dont worry they will be all back next summer and do it all over again,
This is the fault of Labour/Lib Dems,giving away all our powers to the EU without consulting us first,
They are destroying this country .These two partys are only interested in Public secter /Imigrants/Lay abouts.
They dont stand for the working class anymore.etc.
With there policys they will keep flooding this country with imigrants.Give them Housing,and all the benefits.over us.
Eventually they will out number us and take over.
This wknd the Previous Arch Bishop of Canterberry put out a warning .That unless we change course this country will become an Islamic state.
Our Christian way of life in Britain will be gone,
As Nigel Farage said ,we want OUR country back .(DO YOU).
Just watch the traiters have a go at my comments ,They will call me every thing ,and mark me down..Cant wait.
Next May You will have a chance start to change the way the UK is heading.It may be your LAST chance.
Absolutely spot on, as for immigrants and wanting our country back, its to late, for the past 60yrs they have poured into Britain, and bred like rabbits, and most are regarded as British, only got a look at northern Iraq, hundreds of them out there murdering and butchering, and with British passports, with you, time for change, sorry to say wont happen, this mess has gone to far, ancestors died fighting in two World Wars for this so called multicultural dumping ground, for what??, for these LIB/Lab/Cons to destroy it and give it all away, the country's gone, cant see any way back.
[quote][p][bold]cromwell9[/bold] wrote: No surprise there then,We all knew they would leave it in a mess for us to foot the bill and clear it up.Dont worry they will be all back next summer and do it all over again, This is the fault of Labour/Lib Dems,giving away all our powers to the EU without consulting us first, They are destroying this country .These two partys are only interested in Public secter /Imigrants/Lay abouts. They dont stand for the working class anymore.etc. With there policys they will keep flooding this country with imigrants.Give them Housing,and all the benefits.over us. Eventually they will out number us and take over. This wknd the Previous Arch Bishop of Canterberry put out a warning .That unless we change course this country will become an Islamic state. Our Christian way of life in Britain will be gone, As Nigel Farage said ,we want OUR country back .(DO YOU). Just watch the traiters have a go at my comments ,They will call me every thing ,and mark me down..Cant wait. Next May You will have a chance start to change the way the UK is heading.It may be your LAST chance.[/p][/quote]Absolutely spot on, as for immigrants and wanting our country back, its to late, for the past 60yrs they have poured into Britain, and bred like rabbits, and most are regarded as British, only got a look at northern Iraq, hundreds of them out there murdering and butchering, and with British passports, with you, time for change, sorry to say wont happen, this mess has gone to far, ancestors died fighting in two World Wars for this so called multicultural dumping ground, for what??, for these LIB/Lab/Cons to destroy it and give it all away, the country's gone, cant see any way back. MMM444
  • Score: 8

11:05am Tue 26 Aug 14

Dave2207 says...

I half expected that they would steal the skip and sell it for its scrap value!

These 'people' repeatedly cost the council taxpayers enormous sums of money in clean-up and legal charges - with impunity. Why do the authorities fail to recover these costs from them?

Video surveillance could be used to identify the culprits and prosecute them - hopefully, with the aim of impounding their vehicles and confiscating their contents. All residents of the area want to impose punishment upon these despoilers - except the council members, apparently. Perhaps, it's easier to collect parking penalties from local motorists than to tackle real problems.
I half expected that they would steal the skip and sell it for its scrap value! These 'people' repeatedly cost the council taxpayers enormous sums of money in clean-up and legal charges - with impunity. Why do the authorities fail to recover these costs from them? Video surveillance could be used to identify the culprits and prosecute them - hopefully, with the aim of impounding their vehicles and confiscating their contents. All residents of the area want to impose punishment upon these despoilers - except the council members, apparently. Perhaps, it's easier to collect parking penalties from local motorists than to tackle real problems. Dave2207
  • Score: 10

11:22am Tue 26 Aug 14

Jo__Go says...

How much more evidence does Shaun the Sheep and council leadership need of their own ineptitude? Robson should stump up the cash for the clean-up out of his own pocket, after his laziness and utter disregard for taxpayers and residents has left Creekmoor with this stinking stain on their environment.
FFS make sure that this can't happen again next year!
How much more evidence does Shaun the Sheep and council leadership need of their own ineptitude? Robson should stump up the cash for the clean-up out of his own pocket, after his laziness and utter disregard for taxpayers and residents has left Creekmoor with this stinking stain on their environment. FFS make sure that this can't happen again next year! Jo__Go
  • Score: 6

11:25am Tue 26 Aug 14

BH18 says...

MMM444 wrote:
cromwell9 wrote:
No surprise there then,We all knew they would leave it in a mess for us to foot the bill and clear it up.Dont worry they will be all back next summer and do it all over again,
This is the fault of Labour/Lib Dems,giving away all our powers to the EU without consulting us first,
They are destroying this country .These two partys are only interested in Public secter /Imigrants/Lay abouts.
They dont stand for the working class anymore.etc.
With there policys they will keep flooding this country with imigrants.Give them Housing,and all the benefits.over us.
Eventually they will out number us and take over.
This wknd the Previous Arch Bishop of Canterberry put out a warning .That unless we change course this country will become an Islamic state.
Our Christian way of life in Britain will be gone,
As Nigel Farage said ,we want OUR country back .(DO YOU).
Just watch the traiters have a go at my comments ,They will call me every thing ,and mark me down..Cant wait.
Next May You will have a chance start to change the way the UK is heading.It may be your LAST chance.
Absolutely spot on, as for immigrants and wanting our country back, its to late, for the past 60yrs they have poured into Britain, and bred like rabbits, and most are regarded as British, only got a look at northern Iraq, hundreds of them out there murdering and butchering, and with British passports, with you, time for change, sorry to say wont happen, this mess has gone to far, ancestors died fighting in two World Wars for this so called multicultural dumping ground, for what??, for these LIB/Lab/Cons to destroy it and give it all away, the country's gone, cant see any way back.
Correct in every detail.
[quote][p][bold]MMM444[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cromwell9[/bold] wrote: No surprise there then,We all knew they would leave it in a mess for us to foot the bill and clear it up.Dont worry they will be all back next summer and do it all over again, This is the fault of Labour/Lib Dems,giving away all our powers to the EU without consulting us first, They are destroying this country .These two partys are only interested in Public secter /Imigrants/Lay abouts. They dont stand for the working class anymore.etc. With there policys they will keep flooding this country with imigrants.Give them Housing,and all the benefits.over us. Eventually they will out number us and take over. This wknd the Previous Arch Bishop of Canterberry put out a warning .That unless we change course this country will become an Islamic state. Our Christian way of life in Britain will be gone, As Nigel Farage said ,we want OUR country back .(DO YOU). Just watch the traiters have a go at my comments ,They will call me every thing ,and mark me down..Cant wait. Next May You will have a chance start to change the way the UK is heading.It may be your LAST chance.[/p][/quote]Absolutely spot on, as for immigrants and wanting our country back, its to late, for the past 60yrs they have poured into Britain, and bred like rabbits, and most are regarded as British, only got a look at northern Iraq, hundreds of them out there murdering and butchering, and with British passports, with you, time for change, sorry to say wont happen, this mess has gone to far, ancestors died fighting in two World Wars for this so called multicultural dumping ground, for what??, for these LIB/Lab/Cons to destroy it and give it all away, the country's gone, cant see any way back.[/p][/quote]Correct in every detail. BH18
  • Score: 6

11:33am Tue 26 Aug 14

Jo__Go says...

simongreenaway wrote:
Where's that prat Jeff Williams now.
Said that the travellers are all ok.
Camping at the steam fair, apparently...
[quote][p][bold]simongreenaway[/bold] wrote: Where's that prat Jeff Williams now. Said that the travellers are all ok.[/p][/quote]Camping at the steam fair, apparently... Jo__Go
  • Score: 2

11:36am Tue 26 Aug 14

dogsoftheworld says...

BH18 wrote:
MMM444 wrote:
cromwell9 wrote: No surprise there then,We all knew they would leave it in a mess for us to foot the bill and clear it up.Dont worry they will be all back next summer and do it all over again, This is the fault of Labour/Lib Dems,giving away all our powers to the EU without consulting us first, They are destroying this country .These two partys are only interested in Public secter /Imigrants/Lay abouts. They dont stand for the working class anymore.etc. With there policys they will keep flooding this country with imigrants.Give them Housing,and all the benefits.over us. Eventually they will out number us and take over. This wknd the Previous Arch Bishop of Canterberry put out a warning .That unless we change course this country will become an Islamic state. Our Christian way of life in Britain will be gone, As Nigel Farage said ,we want OUR country back .(DO YOU). Just watch the traiters have a go at my comments ,They will call me every thing ,and mark me down..Cant wait. Next May You will have a chance start to change the way the UK is heading.It may be your LAST chance.
Absolutely spot on, as for immigrants and wanting our country back, its to late, for the past 60yrs they have poured into Britain, and bred like rabbits, and most are regarded as British, only got a look at northern Iraq, hundreds of them out there murdering and butchering, and with British passports, with you, time for change, sorry to say wont happen, this mess has gone to far, ancestors died fighting in two World Wars for this so called multicultural dumping ground, for what??, for these LIB/Lab/Cons to destroy it and give it all away, the country's gone, cant see any way back.
Correct in every detail.
we keep having to tell the ranting Cromwel9 troll that this is nothing to do with the EU, the travellers are given special status by an English judge! Other EU countries are a lot tougher than the UK, including Ireland where most come from. It really has nothing to do with the EU.
As for "British" islamic terrorists in the middle east, what can that possibly have to do with the EU either?. These people are descendants of, or are, immigrants from Pakistan and Bangladesh (where the majority of UK immigration is still from)!
But don't let silly old facts get in the way of a good UKIP rant, eh?
Just get people all worked up, angry, fearful, turn it into anger and then they're yours to manipulate. oldest trick in the book mate, we've got your number.
[quote][p][bold]BH18[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MMM444[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cromwell9[/bold] wrote: No surprise there then,We all knew they would leave it in a mess for us to foot the bill and clear it up.Dont worry they will be all back next summer and do it all over again, This is the fault of Labour/Lib Dems,giving away all our powers to the EU without consulting us first, They are destroying this country .These two partys are only interested in Public secter /Imigrants/Lay abouts. They dont stand for the working class anymore.etc. With there policys they will keep flooding this country with imigrants.Give them Housing,and all the benefits.over us. Eventually they will out number us and take over. This wknd the Previous Arch Bishop of Canterberry put out a warning .That unless we change course this country will become an Islamic state. Our Christian way of life in Britain will be gone, As Nigel Farage said ,we want OUR country back .(DO YOU). Just watch the traiters have a go at my comments ,They will call me every thing ,and mark me down..Cant wait. Next May You will have a chance start to change the way the UK is heading.It may be your LAST chance.[/p][/quote]Absolutely spot on, as for immigrants and wanting our country back, its to late, for the past 60yrs they have poured into Britain, and bred like rabbits, and most are regarded as British, only got a look at northern Iraq, hundreds of them out there murdering and butchering, and with British passports, with you, time for change, sorry to say wont happen, this mess has gone to far, ancestors died fighting in two World Wars for this so called multicultural dumping ground, for what??, for these LIB/Lab/Cons to destroy it and give it all away, the country's gone, cant see any way back.[/p][/quote]Correct in every detail.[/p][/quote]we keep having to tell the ranting Cromwel9 troll that this is nothing to do with the EU, the travellers are given special status by an English judge! Other EU countries are a lot tougher than the UK, including Ireland where most come from. It really has nothing to do with the EU. As for "British" islamic terrorists in the middle east, what can that possibly have to do with the EU either?. These people are descendants of, or are, immigrants from Pakistan and Bangladesh (where the majority of UK immigration is still from)! But don't let silly old facts get in the way of a good UKIP rant, eh? Just get people all worked up, angry, fearful, turn it into anger and then they're yours to manipulate. oldest trick in the book mate, we've got your number. dogsoftheworld
  • Score: -4

1:26pm Tue 26 Aug 14

JackCracker says...

Hands up all those that are shocked and surprised by this.

That will be nobody then.

Oh wait, over there, in the corner. Atkinson, Eades, and Robson. Thank you for that, your naivety is duly noted.
Hands up all those that are shocked and surprised by this. That will be nobody then. Oh wait, over there, in the corner. Atkinson, Eades, and Robson. Thank you for that, your naivety is duly noted. JackCracker
  • Score: 5

1:26pm Tue 26 Aug 14

DemonDiva says...

Why on EARTH is the councillor "disappointed"?

id she seriously not expect something like this to happen, despite the provision of a skip and a portaloo? Just how naive (read that as stupid!) do you have to be to become a councillor these days?

If they wanted to live in clean, sanitary spaces, they wouldn't travel in a motorhome or caravan, but would become decent human beings instead! Having said which, there are plenty of people living in unclean, unsanitary permanent homes I guess.
Why on EARTH is the councillor "disappointed"? id she seriously not expect something like this to happen, despite the provision of a skip and a portaloo? Just how naive (read that as stupid!) do you have to be to become a councillor these days? If they wanted to live in clean, sanitary spaces, they wouldn't travel in a motorhome or caravan, but would become decent human beings instead! Having said which, there are plenty of people living in unclean, unsanitary permanent homes I guess. DemonDiva
  • Score: 0

2:49pm Tue 26 Aug 14

davecook says...

Why not leave the upended bog where it is, that's obviously how they want it left for next year. Or better still, make a huge hole, fill it with the contents of the sewage works just before they arrive next summer, and let them stay in a complete sh8t hole.
Why not leave the upended bog where it is, that's obviously how they want it left for next year. Or better still, make a huge hole, fill it with the contents of the sewage works just before they arrive next summer, and let them stay in a complete sh8t hole. davecook
  • Score: 4

3:30pm Tue 26 Aug 14

Minty Fresh says...

Travellers are scum, end of. One day soon the local people are going to have had enough of the inaction of the authorities and take matters into their own hands. I would have loved it if a group of truckers had parked their wagons in front of the access to this site and refused to move until these nomadic filth cleared up every last piece of their rubbish and excrement.
And of course, this pathetic excuse for a paper and it's hopeless anonymous Editor are STILL sitting on the fence and doing nothing constructive for it's local people. When is Toby Whatshisname actually going to stand up and say enough is enough and launch a campaign on our behalf to lobby politicians for a law change that would put an end to the blatant and repeated law breaking these to55ers commit? Stop being a coward hiding under your desk in Weymouth Mr. Editor and do your job.
Travellers are scum, end of. One day soon the local people are going to have had enough of the inaction of the authorities and take matters into their own hands. I would have loved it if a group of truckers had parked their wagons in front of the access to this site and refused to move until these nomadic filth cleared up every last piece of their rubbish and excrement. And of course, this pathetic excuse for a paper and it's hopeless anonymous Editor are STILL sitting on the fence and doing nothing constructive for it's local people. When is Toby Whatshisname actually going to stand up and say enough is enough and launch a campaign on our behalf to lobby politicians for a law change that would put an end to the blatant and repeated law breaking these to55ers commit? Stop being a coward hiding under your desk in Weymouth Mr. Editor and do your job. Minty Fresh
  • Score: 8

4:00pm Tue 26 Aug 14

askquestion says...

same old weasel words from councils. they dont spend thier money, they recklessly spend ours! money that could used to help or elderly, and disabled.

maybe cancel the Steam Fair next year.?as that appears to be the attraction for these verminous families.

another option, as councils seem unable to apply the law equally, is for the organisers of the Steam Fair to accomadate this lot for the months they are here. that way,they can clear up after them.
same old weasel words from councils. they dont spend thier money, they recklessly spend ours! money that could used to help or elderly, and disabled. maybe cancel the Steam Fair next year.?as that appears to be the attraction for these verminous families. another option, as councils seem unable to apply the law equally, is for the organisers of the Steam Fair to accomadate this lot for the months they are here. that way,they can clear up after them. askquestion
  • Score: 7

4:03pm Tue 26 Aug 14

Diesel Dog says...

Minty Fresh wrote:
Travellers are scum, end of. One day soon the local people are going to have had enough of the inaction of the authorities and take matters into their own hands. I would have loved it if a group of truckers had parked their wagons in front of the access to this site and refused to move until these nomadic filth cleared up every last piece of their rubbish and excrement.
And of course, this pathetic excuse for a paper and it's hopeless anonymous Editor are STILL sitting on the fence and doing nothing constructive for it's local people. When is Toby Whatshisname actually going to stand up and say enough is enough and launch a campaign on our behalf to lobby politicians for a law change that would put an end to the blatant and repeated law breaking these to55ers commit? Stop being a coward hiding under your desk in Weymouth Mr. Editor and do your job.
They probably would have borrowed our diesel if we stopped there. How come they don't need empty gas cylinders for a refill. The initial deposit isn't cheap makes you wonder if they ever borrow propane?
[quote][p][bold]Minty Fresh[/bold] wrote: Travellers are scum, end of. One day soon the local people are going to have had enough of the inaction of the authorities and take matters into their own hands. I would have loved it if a group of truckers had parked their wagons in front of the access to this site and refused to move until these nomadic filth cleared up every last piece of their rubbish and excrement. And of course, this pathetic excuse for a paper and it's hopeless anonymous Editor are STILL sitting on the fence and doing nothing constructive for it's local people. When is Toby Whatshisname actually going to stand up and say enough is enough and launch a campaign on our behalf to lobby politicians for a law change that would put an end to the blatant and repeated law breaking these to55ers commit? Stop being a coward hiding under your desk in Weymouth Mr. Editor and do your job.[/p][/quote]They probably would have borrowed our diesel if we stopped there. How come they don't need empty gas cylinders for a refill. The initial deposit isn't cheap makes you wonder if they ever borrow propane? Diesel Dog
  • Score: 2

6:15pm Tue 26 Aug 14

cromwell9 says...

dogsoftheworld wrote:
BH18 wrote:
MMM444 wrote:
cromwell9 wrote: No surprise there then,We all knew they would leave it in a mess for us to foot the bill and clear it up.Dont worry they will be all back next summer and do it all over again, This is the fault of Labour/Lib Dems,giving away all our powers to the EU without consulting us first, They are destroying this country .These two partys are only interested in Public secter /Imigrants/Lay abouts. They dont stand for the working class anymore.etc. With there policys they will keep flooding this country with imigrants.Give them Housing,and all the benefits.over us. Eventually they will out number us and take over. This wknd the Previous Arch Bishop of Canterberry put out a warning .That unless we change course this country will become an Islamic state. Our Christian way of life in Britain will be gone, As Nigel Farage said ,we want OUR country back .(DO YOU). Just watch the traiters have a go at my comments ,They will call me every thing ,and mark me down..Cant wait. Next May You will have a chance start to change the way the UK is heading.It may be your LAST chance.
Absolutely spot on, as for immigrants and wanting our country back, its to late, for the past 60yrs they have poured into Britain, and bred like rabbits, and most are regarded as British, only got a look at northern Iraq, hundreds of them out there murdering and butchering, and with British passports, with you, time for change, sorry to say wont happen, this mess has gone to far, ancestors died fighting in two World Wars for this so called multicultural dumping ground, for what??, for these LIB/Lab/Cons to destroy it and give it all away, the country's gone, cant see any way back.
Correct in every detail.
we keep having to tell the ranting Cromwel9 troll that this is nothing to do with the EU, the travellers are given special status by an English judge! Other EU countries are a lot tougher than the UK, including Ireland where most come from. It really has nothing to do with the EU.
As for "British" islamic terrorists in the middle east, what can that possibly have to do with the EU either?. These people are descendants of, or are, immigrants from Pakistan and Bangladesh (where the majority of UK immigration is still from)!
But don't let silly old facts get in the way of a good UKIP rant, eh?
Just get people all worked up, angry, fearful, turn it into anger and then they're yours to manipulate. oldest trick in the book mate, we've got your number.
Well it did not take long did it for a traiter to come on here .
You must be living on another planet my friend ..
All the traiters to the Uk will have to stand up sooner or later .and be counted
LOOKS like you will be in the front .
[quote][p][bold]dogsoftheworld[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BH18[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MMM444[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cromwell9[/bold] wrote: No surprise there then,We all knew they would leave it in a mess for us to foot the bill and clear it up.Dont worry they will be all back next summer and do it all over again, This is the fault of Labour/Lib Dems,giving away all our powers to the EU without consulting us first, They are destroying this country .These two partys are only interested in Public secter /Imigrants/Lay abouts. They dont stand for the working class anymore.etc. With there policys they will keep flooding this country with imigrants.Give them Housing,and all the benefits.over us. Eventually they will out number us and take over. This wknd the Previous Arch Bishop of Canterberry put out a warning .That unless we change course this country will become an Islamic state. Our Christian way of life in Britain will be gone, As Nigel Farage said ,we want OUR country back .(DO YOU). Just watch the traiters have a go at my comments ,They will call me every thing ,and mark me down..Cant wait. Next May You will have a chance start to change the way the UK is heading.It may be your LAST chance.[/p][/quote]Absolutely spot on, as for immigrants and wanting our country back, its to late, for the past 60yrs they have poured into Britain, and bred like rabbits, and most are regarded as British, only got a look at northern Iraq, hundreds of them out there murdering and butchering, and with British passports, with you, time for change, sorry to say wont happen, this mess has gone to far, ancestors died fighting in two World Wars for this so called multicultural dumping ground, for what??, for these LIB/Lab/Cons to destroy it and give it all away, the country's gone, cant see any way back.[/p][/quote]Correct in every detail.[/p][/quote]we keep having to tell the ranting Cromwel9 troll that this is nothing to do with the EU, the travellers are given special status by an English judge! Other EU countries are a lot tougher than the UK, including Ireland where most come from. It really has nothing to do with the EU. As for "British" islamic terrorists in the middle east, what can that possibly have to do with the EU either?. These people are descendants of, or are, immigrants from Pakistan and Bangladesh (where the majority of UK immigration is still from)! But don't let silly old facts get in the way of a good UKIP rant, eh? Just get people all worked up, angry, fearful, turn it into anger and then they're yours to manipulate. oldest trick in the book mate, we've got your number.[/p][/quote]Well it did not take long did it for a traiter to come on here . You must be living on another planet my friend .. All the traiters to the Uk will have to stand up sooner or later .and be counted LOOKS like you will be in the front . cromwell9
  • Score: 4

7:38pm Tue 26 Aug 14

NylodScraggs says...

"We do not have staff to clean this type of mess up and will have to get people in."

Do we not have any petty criminals on a community service order to do this?
"We do not have staff to clean this type of mess up and will have to get people in." Do we not have any petty criminals on a community service order to do this? NylodScraggs
  • Score: 3

10:20pm Tue 26 Aug 14

gameon says...

simongreenaway wrote:
Where's that prat Jeff Williams now. Said that the travellers are all ok.
Hes At the Steam Fair with the rest of them in there £100 K motorhomes this time next year wel all be writing these comments again and us paying for the big clean ups one of the best qoutes from our gutless councillors was " The council secured the site after they left " sounds like after the horse has bolted to me i suppose they couldnt have thought about securing it before they arrived or is that asking to much of them ???
[quote][p][bold]simongreenaway[/bold] wrote: Where's that prat Jeff Williams now. Said that the travellers are all ok.[/p][/quote]Hes At the Steam Fair with the rest of them in there £100 K motorhomes this time next year wel all be writing these comments again and us paying for the big clean ups one of the best qoutes from our gutless councillors was " The council secured the site after they left " sounds like after the horse has bolted to me i suppose they couldnt have thought about securing it before they arrived or is that asking to much of them ??? gameon
  • Score: 1

11:56pm Tue 26 Aug 14

martinsim34 says...

the thing is the council police or ne other civil and law enforcements r not able to press charges cos they set the case or bar sothen go enjoy urselfs
the thing is the council police or ne other civil and law enforcements r not able to press charges cos they set the case or bar sothen go enjoy urselfs martinsim34
  • Score: 0

1:32am Wed 27 Aug 14

Bob49 says...

cromwell9 wrote:
No surprise there then,We all knew they would leave it in a mess for us to foot the bill and clear it up.Dont worry they will be all back next summer and do it all over again,
This is the fault of Labour/Lib Dems,giving away all our powers to the EU without consulting us first,
They are destroying this country .These two partys are only interested in Public secter /Imigrants/Lay abouts.
They dont stand for the working class anymore.etc.
With there policys they will keep flooding this country with imigrants.Give them Housing,and all the benefits.over us.
Eventually they will out number us and take over.
This wknd the Previous Arch Bishop of Canterberry put out a warning .That unless we change course this country will become an Islamic state.
Our Christian way of life in Britain will be gone,
As Nigel Farage said ,we want OUR country back .(DO YOU).
Just watch the traiters have a go at my comments ,They will call me every thing ,and mark me down..Cant wait.
Next May You will have a chance start to change the way the UK is heading.It may be your LAST chance.
how right

they appear to have stopped you from getting a decent education

perhaps that nice Mr Farage could lend you some of that £2m he ponced off that wicked EU to send you to night school
[quote][p][bold]cromwell9[/bold] wrote: No surprise there then,We all knew they would leave it in a mess for us to foot the bill and clear it up.Dont worry they will be all back next summer and do it all over again, This is the fault of Labour/Lib Dems,giving away all our powers to the EU without consulting us first, They are destroying this country .These two partys are only interested in Public secter /Imigrants/Lay abouts. They dont stand for the working class anymore.etc. With there policys they will keep flooding this country with imigrants.Give them Housing,and all the benefits.over us. Eventually they will out number us and take over. This wknd the Previous Arch Bishop of Canterberry put out a warning .That unless we change course this country will become an Islamic state. Our Christian way of life in Britain will be gone, As Nigel Farage said ,we want OUR country back .(DO YOU). Just watch the traiters have a go at my comments ,They will call me every thing ,and mark me down..Cant wait. Next May You will have a chance start to change the way the UK is heading.It may be your LAST chance.[/p][/quote]how right they appear to have stopped you from getting a decent education perhaps that nice Mr Farage could lend you some of that £2m he ponced off that wicked EU to send you to night school Bob49
  • Score: 0

5:51pm Fri 29 Aug 14

Buddles says...

What did Cllr Butt expect? A big thank you card for letting them stay and how thoughtful to provide Portaloos and rubbish skips? Time to get tough with these itinerants and change the law in respect to these parasites that serve absolutely no beneficial purpose whatsoever.
What did Cllr Butt expect? A big thank you card for letting them stay and how thoughtful to provide Portaloos and rubbish skips? Time to get tough with these itinerants and change the law in respect to these parasites that serve absolutely no beneficial purpose whatsoever. Buddles
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree