THIRTY-eight people have now been arrested as a result of a major police crackdown on the drugs trade in Boscombe.
Police said 34 people had been charged following raids on Tuesday July 15, which began one of the biggest operations in the county in recent years.
Bournemouth East Neighbourhood Inspector Chris Weeks said: “Although crime and disorder is at a five-year low, our communities tell us that on-street drug dealing and anti-social behaviour is a real concern. We have taken that information, looked into it and the result is this operation which has focused on on-street drug dealing.
“However, we will not stop here. As part of our ongoing police work, day to day patrols will continue to listen to communities and will continue to keep the pressure on individuals involved in the drug trade.
“We are still keen to hear from anyone with concerns or information about such activities. Anyone with information should contact Dorset Police on 101 in confidence.
“The message to anyone involved in on-street drug dealing is quite simple – if you are drug dealing, it will not be tolerated and you will be arrested.”
Boscombe West councillor Jane Kelly, who is Bournemouth council’s cabinet member for partnerships and regeneration, said: “I know that the community has contributed to the success of this operation which shows how determined we are to eradicate drug dealing in our town.”
Anyone with information about drug misuse should call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.