We need to put down our mobile offices, and where better to do that than Bournemouth beach, says Tobias Ellwood as he calls for "quiet zones" on seafront

We should have phone-free "quiet zones" on beach, says Bournemouth MP

PHONE FREE: Tobais Ellwood would like no-phone areas on the beach

Bournemouth East MP Tobias Ellwood

First published in News
Last updated
by

PROPOSALS to introduce mobile-free zones on parts of Bournemouth beach have been put forward by Bournemouth East MP Tobias Ellwood.

Speaking on BBC Radio 4’s Broadcasting House show, which aired yesterday, Mr Ellwood suggested introducing no-phone areas to encourage people to take a break from their work and digital social lives.

The Conservative MP came up with the idea while discussing an initiative launched in the New Forest inviting visitors to lock-up their mobile phones before exploring the area.

Speaking after the show, Mr Ellwood said: “It’s a little bit worrying how over the space of five years we are now carrying our offices with us and our social lives with us everywhere we go. “Why don’t we make time to lose all of that for a while and what better place is there to do that than Bournemouth beach?”

Mr Ellwood said he welcomed plans to bring wi-fi to the seafront but felt quiet zones enabling people to escape from the digital world would be beneficial to some. “There are really great efforts, amazing efforts, to make part of the beach completely wireless-linked so we are contactable at the beach as well,” he said.

“That will attract more visitors who want to be connected all of the time. But there are times when you want to have a break from it and not constantly be looking at your mobile phone.

“I’m not sure if the idea of locking our mobile phones away would work in Bournemouth but I think the idea of quiet zones would be worth considering.”

Your views on ‘no phone’ idea

PEOPLE in Bournemouth had mixed views about the suggestions.

David Doyle said he thought mobile-free zones on the beach would be a ‘silly idea’.

The 54-year-old said: “I always have my phone on me but I don’t sit and stare at it. If people are shouting while using their phone it can be annoying but if people are talking normally, it doesn’t bother me.”

Veronica Doe said: “Young people sit there on their phones and iPads constantly and no one talks to anyone.

“I think it would be nice if people could talk to each other and not have the constant noise of mobiles ringing all the time.”

Heather Haddow, aged 24, said: “I think it’s a nice idea. I guess people would choose to go there but whether they could enforce it or not is another matter.”

Mother of two Amanda Ellis from Southbourne said: “I think everybody needs to switch off from it all once in a while. I’m not sure if the beach needs to be a mobile-free zone, though.”

Comments (91)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:30am Mon 28 Jul 14

Jagkjp says...

'But, like, how will I take a selfie?' Or 'check myself in on Facebook'

Imagine the reaction! Great idea but how realistic I wonder sadly!
'But, like, how will I take a selfie?' Or 'check myself in on Facebook' Imagine the reaction! Great idea but how realistic I wonder sadly! Jagkjp
  • Score: 19

5:36am Mon 28 Jul 14

Lord Parkstone says...

How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach. Lord Parkstone
  • Score: 0

5:39am Mon 28 Jul 14

Lord Parkstone says...

How about banning smoking, footballs, teenagers and BBQ's instead? Nothing worse than being subjected to the stink and smoke of some selfish inconsiderate oiks BBQ because they feel the need to have one when they are on the beach.grrrrrr.
How about banning smoking, footballs, teenagers and BBQ's instead? Nothing worse than being subjected to the stink and smoke of some selfish inconsiderate oiks BBQ because they feel the need to have one when they are on the beach.grrrrrr. Lord Parkstone
  • Score: -27

5:41am Mon 28 Jul 14

hamworthygirl says...

Lord Parkstone wrote:
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
Agree lord parkstone, if we ban phones how about the smokers? the people that set up a huge camp wind breaks right in front of you spoiling the view you had. Where do we stop? if people want to sit and play on their phones thats up to them.
[quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.[/p][/quote]Agree lord parkstone, if we ban phones how about the smokers? the people that set up a huge camp wind breaks right in front of you spoiling the view you had. Where do we stop? if people want to sit and play on their phones thats up to them. hamworthygirl
  • Score: 17

5:41am Mon 28 Jul 14

hamworthygirl says...

Lord Parkstone wrote:
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
Agree lord parkstone, if we ban phones how about the smokers? the people that set up a huge camp wind breaks right in front of you spoiling the view you had. Where do we stop? if people want to sit and play on their phones thats up to them.
[quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.[/p][/quote]Agree lord parkstone, if we ban phones how about the smokers? the people that set up a huge camp wind breaks right in front of you spoiling the view you had. Where do we stop? if people want to sit and play on their phones thats up to them. hamworthygirl
  • Score: 1

5:46am Mon 28 Jul 14

alanrr says...

not going to happen............wa
y of the world now.........best way to combat this is to talk over their conversation, if their voices are too loud or inappropriate.......
.beaches are for all and there is an awful lot of noises made at the beach because children are enjoying themselves, teenagers are enjoying themselves and businesses are trying to promote themselves.......nex
t he'll want to ban the airshow because the red arrows make too much noise
not going to happen............wa y of the world now.........best way to combat this is to talk over their conversation, if their voices are too loud or inappropriate....... .beaches are for all and there is an awful lot of noises made at the beach because children are enjoying themselves, teenagers are enjoying themselves and businesses are trying to promote themselves.......nex t he'll want to ban the airshow because the red arrows make too much noise alanrr
  • Score: 24

5:54am Mon 28 Jul 14

billy bumble says...

Idiot

You can't even keep the gypsies off our public spaces and yet you come up with this lame brained idea??
Idiot You can't even keep the gypsies off our public spaces and yet you come up with this lame brained idea?? billy bumble
  • Score: 98

5:55am Mon 28 Jul 14

Understated says...

i dunno about some people, i never get signal on the beach. its an inconvenience if i need it to contact someone to give me a lift home, or help a friend find me on the beach. otherwise the phone is put in a bag out of the way. i dont see many offenders for mobile phones on the beach but it might depend what area and time of day .

i just think anyone who bothers others on a beach by using a mobile phone is likely to get the phone ruined by sand anyway...- or stolen
i dunno about some people, i never get signal on the beach. its an inconvenience if i need it to contact someone to give me a lift home, or help a friend find me on the beach. otherwise the phone is put in a bag out of the way. i dont see many offenders for mobile phones on the beach but it might depend what area and time of day . i just think anyone who bothers others on a beach by using a mobile phone is likely to get the phone ruined by sand anyway...- or stolen Understated
  • Score: 30

6:59am Mon 28 Jul 14

master plan says...

It's like saying having a stupid policy free zone at the town hall? Well that's all of Bournemouth councils ideas buggered then
It's like saying having a stupid policy free zone at the town hall? Well that's all of Bournemouth councils ideas buggered then master plan
  • Score: 28

6:59am Mon 28 Jul 14

apm1954 says...

Why is the mp involved in the beach its thd councilthat looks after it , get on and be an mp.
Why is the mp involved in the beach its thd councilthat looks after it , get on and be an mp. apm1954
  • Score: 2

7:09am Mon 28 Jul 14

itsneverblackorwhite says...

How is it possible to have two idiot MP's in one town?
How is it possible to have two idiot MP's in one town? itsneverblackorwhite
  • Score: 36

7:12am Mon 28 Jul 14

Lord Spring says...

Is there a modern day Charlie Atlas about !
Is there a modern day Charlie Atlas about ! Lord Spring
  • Score: 1

7:35am Mon 28 Jul 14

neilf2006 says...

At last, Tobias taking an interest in really important issues !
At last, Tobias taking an interest in really important issues ! neilf2006
  • Score: 13

7:35am Mon 28 Jul 14

bobthedestroyer says...

Ban smoking while you're at it, and people hard of hearing as they shout. Ban kids they make a lot of noise. If memory serves me correctly noise outside carries so either side of the zone will be impacted in some way. This idiot does nothing in the town of years less than a year before an election he suddenly remembers he represents Bournemouth. He puts his personal advancement before the people of the town.

Come election day I think he will be out of a job.

Yet he keeps a low profile on the Navies Bay at Connor Burns has let his opinion show and is representing his constituents.
Ban smoking while you're at it, and people hard of hearing as they shout. Ban kids they make a lot of noise. If memory serves me correctly noise outside carries so either side of the zone will be impacted in some way. This idiot does nothing in the town of years less than a year before an election he suddenly remembers he represents Bournemouth. He puts his personal advancement before the people of the town. Come election day I think he will be out of a job. Yet he keeps a low profile on the Navies Bay at Connor Burns has let his opinion show and is representing his constituents. bobthedestroyer
  • Score: 9

7:43am Mon 28 Jul 14

Baysider says...

Good to see Toby's focusing on the important stuff that effects...er...nobod
y really. In the meantime our public services are being gutted, our local businesses are struggling, drugs are being openly sold on our streets and there's a monstrous waste of time and money planned for our bay. When they told Toby to get his profile up over the next year this sort of thing was probably NOT what central office had in mind...
Good to see Toby's focusing on the important stuff that effects...er...nobod y really. In the meantime our public services are being gutted, our local businesses are struggling, drugs are being openly sold on our streets and there's a monstrous waste of time and money planned for our bay. When they told Toby to get his profile up over the next year this sort of thing was probably NOT what central office had in mind... Baysider
  • Score: 24

7:48am Mon 28 Jul 14

John Garrett says...

LOL - If you want peace on the beach ban all the noise made from generators and why not go the whole way and ban kids? Then perhaps we could hear our phone ringing!
LOL - If you want peace on the beach ban all the noise made from generators and why not go the whole way and ban kids? Then perhaps we could hear our phone ringing! John Garrett
  • Score: 21

7:50am Mon 28 Jul 14

Cosmic Crusader says...

Lets have a beach for those of us who know how to relax and enjoy life without making a nuisance of ourselves, the over 60's.
Lets have a beach for those of us who know how to relax and enjoy life without making a nuisance of ourselves, the over 60's. Cosmic Crusader
  • Score: 1

7:54am Mon 28 Jul 14

goatty says...

John Garrett wrote:
LOL - If you want peace on the beach ban all the noise made from generators and why not go the whole way and ban kids? Then perhaps we could hear our phone ringing!
Sounds a good idea having a quiet zone. No phones, no bbqs and no kids. How pleasant a day on the beach would be then
[quote][p][bold]John Garrett[/bold] wrote: LOL - If you want peace on the beach ban all the noise made from generators and why not go the whole way and ban kids? Then perhaps we could hear our phone ringing![/p][/quote]Sounds a good idea having a quiet zone. No phones, no bbqs and no kids. How pleasant a day on the beach would be then goatty
  • Score: 13

7:56am Mon 28 Jul 14

Tripod says...

Some MP's are really getting desperate to get their names in the paper aren't they; why not do it by solving real problems (like travellers) rather than inventing an issue.
Some MP's are really getting desperate to get their names in the paper aren't they; why not do it by solving real problems (like travellers) rather than inventing an issue. Tripod
  • Score: 15

8:04am Mon 28 Jul 14

Townee says...

Is this the most important thing the MP can think off, it's about time that all MPs got on with important things not waste their time having 6 weeks summer holiday plus only going in to parliament when they feel like it. They took on the job and should be there 5 days a week at least 35 hours like many of us that have to work for a living.
Is this the most important thing the MP can think off, it's about time that all MPs got on with important things not waste their time having 6 weeks summer holiday plus only going in to parliament when they feel like it. They took on the job and should be there 5 days a week at least 35 hours like many of us that have to work for a living. Townee
  • Score: 21

8:05am Mon 28 Jul 14

skydriver says...

The council can't even stop cycle riding on the seafront during to summer months between 10.00--18.00 how on earth would they manage this task.
Best this MP crawls back and hides in some Westminister closet until he can think of something that will have some effect on the people of the area.
And we are paying him do represent the people ?!!.!?,!........
The council can't even stop cycle riding on the seafront during to summer months between 10.00--18.00 how on earth would they manage this task. Best this MP crawls back and hides in some Westminister closet until he can think of something that will have some effect on the people of the area. And we are paying him do represent the people ?!!.!?,!........ skydriver
  • Score: 27

8:15am Mon 28 Jul 14

Hessenford says...

Lord Parkstone wrote:
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
How about this country becoming a police state and setting up a government department with the sole purpose of banning everyone from doing anything they enjoy, the beach is a day out for everyone not just boring idiots like the nanny state worshipers, if you don't like kids enjoying themselves on the beach stay at home in your own garden, mobile phones are the 21st century main communication tool so you need to move with the times, BBQs have been about for years, where have you been all this time.
When we go to the beach we expect kids to be screaming, windbreakers to be erected, BBQs to be lit, football and other ball games to be played and unfortunately smoking in the open air until it becomes illegal, if you are unhappy with all the joys of the summer months than stay at home, visits to the beach during the summer are for everyone not just boring people.
[quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.[/p][/quote]How about this country becoming a police state and setting up a government department with the sole purpose of banning everyone from doing anything they enjoy, the beach is a day out for everyone not just boring idiots like the nanny state worshipers, if you don't like kids enjoying themselves on the beach stay at home in your own garden, mobile phones are the 21st century main communication tool so you need to move with the times, BBQs have been about for years, where have you been all this time. When we go to the beach we expect kids to be screaming, windbreakers to be erected, BBQs to be lit, football and other ball games to be played and unfortunately smoking in the open air until it becomes illegal, if you are unhappy with all the joys of the summer months than stay at home, visits to the beach during the summer are for everyone not just boring people. Hessenford
  • Score: 16

8:31am Mon 28 Jul 14

davecook says...

Whilst the idea sounds ok in principle, we also need children free zones, smoking free zones, a zone for barbecues, a zone for phones, and a whole load of zones for any combination of the above. Which is great in January. But come the school holidays, people are grateful if they can find somewhere to park their cars, let alone their bodies. Miserable locals (many of whom retired here and then instantly resent people on holiday) have their own zone anyway, called their back garden. Which is where they should stay whilst people want to just be happy and carefree on the beach......... go on, red arrow away, you know you want to!!!
Whilst the idea sounds ok in principle, we also need children free zones, smoking free zones, a zone for barbecues, a zone for phones, and a whole load of zones for any combination of the above. Which is great in January. But come the school holidays, people are grateful if they can find somewhere to park their cars, let alone their bodies. Miserable locals (many of whom retired here and then instantly resent people on holiday) have their own zone anyway, called their back garden. Which is where they should stay whilst people want to just be happy and carefree on the beach......... go on, red arrow away, you know you want to!!! davecook
  • Score: 5

8:34am Mon 28 Jul 14

adspacebroker says...

What an absolute knob. You reap many thousands of pounds of expenses for just sitting on your arse and rocking up for a coffee at a few events and you come up with enough energy to produce a pathetic idea like this. It doesnt work on commuter trains so why on earth do you think it would work on Bournemouth beach and who would police it. 'Sorry kids, we can't go to the beach cos daddy can't take his phone, you know daddy needs his phone because he works 7 days a week to be able to pay the mortgage and feed you.' Direct your energy elsewhere that would benefit your constituents and allow them to buy food and turn a light on without fear.
What an absolute knob. You reap many thousands of pounds of expenses for just sitting on your arse and rocking up for a coffee at a few events and you come up with enough energy to produce a pathetic idea like this. It doesnt work on commuter trains so why on earth do you think it would work on Bournemouth beach and who would police it. 'Sorry kids, we can't go to the beach cos daddy can't take his phone, you know daddy needs his phone because he works 7 days a week to be able to pay the mortgage and feed you.' Direct your energy elsewhere that would benefit your constituents and allow them to buy food and turn a light on without fear. adspacebroker
  • Score: 18

8:44am Mon 28 Jul 14

alasdair1967 says...

Good idea in principle however try policing it ,you have quite zones on most trains nowadays and yet people still abuse those !
Good idea in principle however try policing it ,you have quite zones on most trains nowadays and yet people still abuse those ! alasdair1967
  • Score: -1

8:59am Mon 28 Jul 14

ol'bag lady says...

Quiet zone - on a beach - what is it there for?
If you want to ban mobile phones - no I don't like them either - you will have to ban talking, laughing, screaming and noise of all sorts surely. It is there for the enjoyment of all ages and to make us be quiet during hot, bright and sunny times - and during school holidays - will be difficult. Impossible to be policed too or will the authorities employ enforcement officers - putting more on the council tax of those who do not even use the beach.
(I don't have children or a dog either)
Quiet zone - on a beach - what is it there for? If you want to ban mobile phones - no I don't like them either - you will have to ban talking, laughing, screaming and noise of all sorts surely. It is there for the enjoyment of all ages and to make us be quiet during hot, bright and sunny times - and during school holidays - will be difficult. Impossible to be policed too or will the authorities employ enforcement officers - putting more on the council tax of those who do not even use the beach. (I don't have children or a dog either) ol'bag lady
  • Score: 1

9:01am Mon 28 Jul 14

Hessenford says...

The best thing Mr Ellwood could do is disappear up his own ringtone, he's probably one of the cretins who sit on trains with his laptop and cell phone making all sorts of noises when everyone else wants some peace.
The best thing Mr Ellwood could do is disappear up his own ringtone, he's probably one of the cretins who sit on trains with his laptop and cell phone making all sorts of noises when everyone else wants some peace. Hessenford
  • Score: 9

9:02am Mon 28 Jul 14

Frank28 says...

It's a nice idea.... but thieves rely on people taking their communications equipment to the beach.
It's a nice idea.... but thieves rely on people taking their communications equipment to the beach. Frank28
  • Score: 1

9:02am Mon 28 Jul 14

steveatbournemouth says...

He obviously hasn't been to Bournemouth beach!! I would think the RUBBISH left by out of towners is far more important to tackle. This not only costs us money but is not good for the environment. Please redirect MP to something which is worthwhile.
He obviously hasn't been to Bournemouth beach!! I would think the RUBBISH left by out of towners is far more important to tackle. This not only costs us money but is not good for the environment. Please redirect MP to something which is worthwhile. steveatbournemouth
  • Score: 13

9:04am Mon 28 Jul 14

Boscomite says...

It's always been a very dangerous combination. A place in parliament, and too much time on your hands.
It's always been a very dangerous combination. A place in parliament, and too much time on your hands. Boscomite
  • Score: 6

9:09am Mon 28 Jul 14

Morrigan says...

And how do you plan to "Police" this then Toby? If your council cannot move on travellers within 24 hours as they do in parts of Hampshire, issue tickets for the gross amounts of dog fouling or littering the town is blighted with, how on earth could your idea be put into action?

Stop trying to be a little Hitler, get off your backside and earn your money properly, and stop faffing about with ridiculous ideas like this one!!
And how do you plan to "Police" this then Toby? If your council cannot move on travellers within 24 hours as they do in parts of Hampshire, issue tickets for the gross amounts of dog fouling or littering the town is blighted with, how on earth could your idea be put into action? Stop trying to be a little Hitler, get off your backside and earn your money properly, and stop faffing about with ridiculous ideas like this one!! Morrigan
  • Score: 13

9:09am Mon 28 Jul 14

dean3020 says...

Absolute nonsense. The beach is open-air so the noise gets lost anyway. Trains is understandable because it is an enclosed space. I'm sorry, but banning phones on the beach? Get a grip.
Absolute nonsense. The beach is open-air so the noise gets lost anyway. Trains is understandable because it is an enclosed space. I'm sorry, but banning phones on the beach? Get a grip. dean3020
  • Score: 11

9:10am Mon 28 Jul 14

folkprotector says...

I haven't had time to go to a beach for many years. From what I read here the "I'll do what I darned well like" attitude has invaded that place now. The beach used to be a place to do some sunbathing, make sandcastles, snooze, bury dad in the sand up to his neck or go for a swim: times have changed... and not for the better.
I haven't had time to go to a beach for many years. From what I read here the "I'll do what I darned well like" attitude has invaded that place now. The beach used to be a place to do some sunbathing, make sandcastles, snooze, bury dad in the sand up to his neck or go for a swim: times have changed... and not for the better. folkprotector
  • Score: 3

9:11am Mon 28 Jul 14

folkprotector says...

Ban smoking... everywhere.
Ban smoking... everywhere. folkprotector
  • Score: 0

9:23am Mon 28 Jul 14

anotherfatslob says...

What a sad ,pointless waste of an MP
What a sad ,pointless waste of an MP anotherfatslob
  • Score: 12

9:27am Mon 28 Jul 14

Hessenford says...

The Conservative MP came up with the idea while discussing an initiative launched in the New Forest inviting visitors to lock-up their mobile phones before exploring the area.
.
So from a suggested invite Ellwood wants to make it a complete ban, is it any wonder no one in this country is interested in politics any more when people elected to run our country would be better suited in becoming an inmate of Rampton Hospital.
The Conservative MP came up with the idea while discussing an initiative launched in the New Forest inviting visitors to lock-up their mobile phones before exploring the area. . So from a suggested invite Ellwood wants to make it a complete ban, is it any wonder no one in this country is interested in politics any more when people elected to run our country would be better suited in becoming an inmate of Rampton Hospital. Hessenford
  • Score: 9

9:31am Mon 28 Jul 14

woby_tide says...

Anyone with an O2 contract already benefit from this thanks to the awful mobile coverage at the seafront
Anyone with an O2 contract already benefit from this thanks to the awful mobile coverage at the seafront woby_tide
  • Score: 8

9:33am Mon 28 Jul 14

Staynor66 says...

How about an idiot MP free zone...we could call it The UK
How about an idiot MP free zone...we could call it The UK Staynor66
  • Score: 13

9:41am Mon 28 Jul 14

Hessenford says...

Staynor66 wrote:
How about an idiot MP free zone...we could call it The UK
Yep, when does that become law then.
[quote][p][bold]Staynor66[/bold] wrote: How about an idiot MP free zone...we could call it The UK[/p][/quote]Yep, when does that become law then. Hessenford
  • Score: 3

9:44am Mon 28 Jul 14

Staynor66 says...

Hessenford wrote:
Staynor66 wrote: How about an idiot MP free zone...we could call it The UK
Yep, when does that become law then.
Once we get it through passed through parliament ................oh dear
[quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Staynor66[/bold] wrote: How about an idiot MP free zone...we could call it The UK[/p][/quote]Yep, when does that become law then.[/p][/quote]Once we get it through passed through parliament ................oh dear Staynor66
  • Score: 6

9:48am Mon 28 Jul 14

Hessenford says...

Staynor66 wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Staynor66 wrote: How about an idiot MP free zone...we could call it The UK
Yep, when does that become law then.
Once we get it through passed through parliament ................oh dear
Not a chance then.
[quote][p][bold]Staynor66[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Staynor66[/bold] wrote: How about an idiot MP free zone...we could call it The UK[/p][/quote]Yep, when does that become law then.[/p][/quote]Once we get it through passed through parliament ................oh dear[/p][/quote]Not a chance then. Hessenford
  • Score: 2

10:23am Mon 28 Jul 14

MrPitiful says...

This guy sounds like another ineffective, out-of-touch useless plank who the town is lumbered with for its MP because nowhere elese will have him.

Just like his bloated counterpart Conor Burns.

The chances are he hasn't even sat his overpaid backside on the beaches amongst all his "local plebs".

We have Tweedle Dumb & Tweedle Oh Dear for our MP's - let's vote them out asap.
This guy sounds like another ineffective, out-of-touch useless plank who the town is lumbered with for its MP because nowhere elese will have him. Just like his bloated counterpart Conor Burns. The chances are he hasn't even sat his overpaid backside on the beaches amongst all his "local plebs". We have Tweedle Dumb & Tweedle Oh Dear for our MP's - let's vote them out asap. MrPitiful
  • Score: 14

10:23am Mon 28 Jul 14

speedy231278 says...

Lord Parkstone wrote:
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
How about banning people who go to the beach and complain about everything that everyone else does in a public space?
[quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.[/p][/quote]How about banning people who go to the beach and complain about everything that everyone else does in a public space? speedy231278
  • Score: 9

10:33am Mon 28 Jul 14

suzigirl says...

They should ban people talking and walking on their mobiles as they don't look where they are going and as for crossing a road using a mobile - I had to beep my horn at a woman crossing the road using her mobile as she was totally oblivious to everything around her especially my big black car! I have to say she jumped when I sounded my horn which did make me laugh...... then she followed that up with the V sign - nice!
They should ban people talking and walking on their mobiles as they don't look where they are going and as for crossing a road using a mobile - I had to beep my horn at a woman crossing the road using her mobile as she was totally oblivious to everything around her especially my big black car! I have to say she jumped when I sounded my horn which did make me laugh...... then she followed that up with the V sign - nice! suzigirl
  • Score: -6

10:34am Mon 28 Jul 14

BigAlfromsunnyBournemouth says...

Ironic that he comes out with this just as the railways are announcing that they are abolishing quiet coaches because they are more trouble than they are worth.

It strikes me that mobiles on the beach would be even harder to enforce and as with any law or rule there has to be a general acceptance of it for it to be effective, so in my view it's dead in the water.
Ironic that he comes out with this just as the railways are announcing that they are abolishing quiet coaches because they are more trouble than they are worth. It strikes me that mobiles on the beach would be even harder to enforce and as with any law or rule there has to be a general acceptance of it for it to be effective, so in my view it's dead in the water. BigAlfromsunnyBournemouth
  • Score: 0

10:36am Mon 28 Jul 14

suzigirl says...

forgot to mention banning cyclists using their mobile phones - especially weaving around with both hands off the handlebars..........
idiots!
forgot to mention banning cyclists using their mobile phones - especially weaving around with both hands off the handlebars.......... idiots! suzigirl
  • Score: -9

10:52am Mon 28 Jul 14

billy bumble says...

Staynor66 wrote:
How about an idiot MP free zone...we could call it The UK
Trouble with that idea is that there would be a huge building with a clock standing empty
[quote][p][bold]Staynor66[/bold] wrote: How about an idiot MP free zone...we could call it The UK[/p][/quote]Trouble with that idea is that there would be a huge building with a clock standing empty billy bumble
  • Score: 1

11:05am Mon 28 Jul 14

new2it says...

Hessenford wrote:
Lord Parkstone wrote:
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
How about this country becoming a police state and setting up a government department with the sole purpose of banning everyone from doing anything they enjoy, the beach is a day out for everyone not just boring idiots like the nanny state worshipers, if you don't like kids enjoying themselves on the beach stay at home in your own garden, mobile phones are the 21st century main communication tool so you need to move with the times, BBQs have been about for years, where have you been all this time.
When we go to the beach we expect kids to be screaming, windbreakers to be erected, BBQs to be lit, football and other ball games to be played and unfortunately smoking in the open air until it becomes illegal, if you are unhappy with all the joys of the summer months than stay at home, visits to the beach during the summer are for everyone not just boring people.
I agree, I am the wrong side of 70, but love to hear and see people enjoying themselves as long as they are not upsetting others. The beach is for everybody, they should be able to let their hair down and have a good time. There's too much intolerence of young people these days, most of them are decent kids. Leave them alone. OK they can be a bit noisy at times, but weren't we all once? Wish I still had the energy to join in their fun.
[quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.[/p][/quote]How about this country becoming a police state and setting up a government department with the sole purpose of banning everyone from doing anything they enjoy, the beach is a day out for everyone not just boring idiots like the nanny state worshipers, if you don't like kids enjoying themselves on the beach stay at home in your own garden, mobile phones are the 21st century main communication tool so you need to move with the times, BBQs have been about for years, where have you been all this time. When we go to the beach we expect kids to be screaming, windbreakers to be erected, BBQs to be lit, football and other ball games to be played and unfortunately smoking in the open air until it becomes illegal, if you are unhappy with all the joys of the summer months than stay at home, visits to the beach during the summer are for everyone not just boring people.[/p][/quote]I agree, I am the wrong side of 70, but love to hear and see people enjoying themselves as long as they are not upsetting others. The beach is for everybody, they should be able to let their hair down and have a good time. There's too much intolerence of young people these days, most of them are decent kids. Leave them alone. OK they can be a bit noisy at times, but weren't we all once? Wish I still had the energy to join in their fun. new2it
  • Score: 16

11:21am Mon 28 Jul 14

John T says...

Staynor66 wrote:
How about an idiot MP free zone...we could call it The UK
Well, we are already half way there with UKIP. Perhaps, if they could join up with Tobias, and a few of his other cronies, with their 'Interfering People' ideas, we could achieve your aim.
[quote][p][bold]Staynor66[/bold] wrote: How about an idiot MP free zone...we could call it The UK[/p][/quote]Well, we are already half way there with UKIP. Perhaps, if they could join up with Tobias, and a few of his other cronies, with their 'Interfering People' ideas, we could achieve your aim. John T
  • Score: 0

11:34am Mon 28 Jul 14

Bournefre says...

By the sound of it the idea is for people to disconnect so they can relax, rather than the typical 'quiet zone' which is to avoid disturbing others.

As already mentioned a lot of people would like to sit on the beach without having to suffer other people's music, football, dog, barbecue smoke etc; someone having a telephone conversation or sending a text message is much less of an annoyance than any of these.
By the sound of it the idea is for people to disconnect so they can relax, rather than the typical 'quiet zone' which is to avoid disturbing others. As already mentioned a lot of people would like to sit on the beach without having to suffer other people's music, football, dog, barbecue smoke etc; someone having a telephone conversation or sending a text message is much less of an annoyance than any of these. Bournefre
  • Score: 2

11:59am Mon 28 Jul 14

j0hnb0y says...

LITTER-- lets ban that, why is it people dont seem bothered or care. 3 girls aged around 20 on Saturday left 4 beer bottles, I called after them loudly suggesting that the bin was right next to them.
Embarrassed as they were one went back picked up the litter walked down the beach further away than bin, thought she was out of sight of me, then just dropped them again,,,,,sham on you British girls !!!

I dont want to step in others litter, cut myself or kids on broken glass, or indeed increase the seagull and rat population any further, so why am I subject to it!!!!
If I did not have a phone I could not have photo'd the girls for a Facebook wall of shame !!!
LITTER-- lets ban that, why is it people dont seem bothered or care. 3 girls aged around 20 on Saturday left 4 beer bottles, I called after them loudly suggesting that the bin was right next to them. Embarrassed as they were one went back picked up the litter walked down the beach further away than bin, thought she was out of sight of me, then just dropped them again,,,,,sham on you British girls !!! I dont want to step in others litter, cut myself or kids on broken glass, or indeed increase the seagull and rat population any further, so why am I subject to it!!!! If I did not have a phone I could not have photo'd the girls for a Facebook wall of shame !!! j0hnb0y
  • Score: 4

12:07pm Mon 28 Jul 14

beachcomber1 says...

hmmm dogs on beach ban - not enforced, cycling on Prom ban - not enforced, bbq's before 6pm - not enforced, litter - not enforced. so let's have another unenforced and probably unenforceable ban shall we?
hmmm dogs on beach ban - not enforced, cycling on Prom ban - not enforced, bbq's before 6pm - not enforced, litter - not enforced. so let's have another unenforced and probably unenforceable ban shall we? beachcomber1
  • Score: 5

12:11pm Mon 28 Jul 14

beachcomber1 says...

Lord Parkstone wrote:
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
bbq's are banned except between 6pm and 10.30pm.
[quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.[/p][/quote]bbq's are banned except between 6pm and 10.30pm. beachcomber1
  • Score: 1

12:38pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Lord Parkstone says...

Hessenford wrote:
Lord Parkstone wrote:
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
How about this country becoming a police state and setting up a government department with the sole purpose of banning everyone from doing anything they enjoy, the beach is a day out for everyone not just boring idiots like the nanny state worshipers, if you don't like kids enjoying themselves on the beach stay at home in your own garden, mobile phones are the 21st century main communication tool so you need to move with the times, BBQs have been about for years, where have you been all this time.
When we go to the beach we expect kids to be screaming, windbreakers to be erected, BBQs to be lit, football and other ball games to be played and unfortunately smoking in the open air until it becomes illegal, if you are unhappy with all the joys of the summer months than stay at home, visits to the beach during the summer are for everyone not just boring people.
Agreed. The beach is for everyone not just selfish folk with windbreaks and BBQ's.
I can only conclude from your comment that you are one of the offending selfish individuals that insists on erecting a full bedouin camp with raging BBQ and a football match disturbing everyone elses enjoyment of the beach.
[quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.[/p][/quote]How about this country becoming a police state and setting up a government department with the sole purpose of banning everyone from doing anything they enjoy, the beach is a day out for everyone not just boring idiots like the nanny state worshipers, if you don't like kids enjoying themselves on the beach stay at home in your own garden, mobile phones are the 21st century main communication tool so you need to move with the times, BBQs have been about for years, where have you been all this time. When we go to the beach we expect kids to be screaming, windbreakers to be erected, BBQs to be lit, football and other ball games to be played and unfortunately smoking in the open air until it becomes illegal, if you are unhappy with all the joys of the summer months than stay at home, visits to the beach during the summer are for everyone not just boring people.[/p][/quote]Agreed. The beach is for everyone not just selfish folk with windbreaks and BBQ's. I can only conclude from your comment that you are one of the offending selfish individuals that insists on erecting a full bedouin camp with raging BBQ and a football match disturbing everyone elses enjoyment of the beach. Lord Parkstone
  • Score: 2

12:42pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Lord Parkstone says...

beachcomber1 wrote:
Lord Parkstone wrote:
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
bbq's are banned except between 6pm and 10.30pm.
Exactly. This isn't enforced. Walk along the beach and see how many inconsiderate people that read having BBQ's on the beach
[quote][p][bold]beachcomber1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.[/p][/quote]bbq's are banned except between 6pm and 10.30pm.[/p][/quote]Exactly. This isn't enforced. Walk along the beach and see how many inconsiderate people that read having BBQ's on the beach Lord Parkstone
  • Score: 3

12:49pm Mon 28 Jul 14

TeenCommentator says...

If we are not allowed to use phones, whats next, we ban talking to each other or making any noise at all. What this shows is an MP who is trying to cling on to the days of when Bournemouth was just a small town and not a coastal resort which it has become today. Of course it would be nice to have some quiet but who is he to tell us if we are able to waste our day on the phone or not. Imagine trying to enforce this with the hundreds of tourists and exchange students let alone the locals. Stupid and old fashioned idea, its hardly an enclosed space and if someone is being annoying you have 6 miles of sand to move away from them
If we are not allowed to use phones, whats next, we ban talking to each other or making any noise at all. What this shows is an MP who is trying to cling on to the days of when Bournemouth was just a small town and not a coastal resort which it has become today. Of course it would be nice to have some quiet but who is he to tell us if we are able to waste our day on the phone or not. Imagine trying to enforce this with the hundreds of tourists and exchange students let alone the locals. Stupid and old fashioned idea, its hardly an enclosed space and if someone is being annoying you have 6 miles of sand to move away from them TeenCommentator
  • Score: 0

12:56pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Hessenford says...

Lord Parkstone wrote:
beachcomber1 wrote:
Lord Parkstone wrote:
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
bbq's are banned except between 6pm and 10.30pm.
Exactly. This isn't enforced. Walk along the beach and see how many inconsiderate people that read having BBQ's on the beach
Why is it inconsiderate, because you don't like it, I don't mind the smell of food cooking, its hardly a crime, you need to get a hobby to take up your time.
[quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]beachcomber1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.[/p][/quote]bbq's are banned except between 6pm and 10.30pm.[/p][/quote]Exactly. This isn't enforced. Walk along the beach and see how many inconsiderate people that read having BBQ's on the beach[/p][/quote]Why is it inconsiderate, because you don't like it, I don't mind the smell of food cooking, its hardly a crime, you need to get a hobby to take up your time. Hessenford
  • Score: -1

1:12pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Xbscmbe says...

Try getting a signal from Owls Road down to the Boscombe pier, virtually impossible. Calls, texts not recieved or can be made. If you live here and have broadband via a dongle, shame poor you!
Try getting a signal from Owls Road down to the Boscombe pier, virtually impossible. Calls, texts not recieved or can be made. If you live here and have broadband via a dongle, shame poor you! Xbscmbe
  • Score: 0

1:40pm Mon 28 Jul 14

tiggs61 says...

well what can i say ban phones from some areas on the beach but what happens then if like me i have diabetes and a heart condition and has a heart attack and not able to alret anyone as are their going to be patrols on the beach to find out if anyone is ill or anything what will this achive nothing infact just stop the not so well people going to the beach control the litter and bbq i say stop that please get a grip will you.
well what can i say ban phones from some areas on the beach but what happens then if like me i have diabetes and a heart condition and has a heart attack and not able to alret anyone as are their going to be patrols on the beach to find out if anyone is ill or anything what will this achive nothing infact just stop the not so well people going to the beach control the litter and bbq i say stop that please get a grip will you. tiggs61
  • Score: 1

2:10pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Ink123 says...

Ffs how pathetic they will be trying to ban **** in the sea next
Ffs how pathetic they will be trying to ban **** in the sea next Ink123
  • Score: 4

2:17pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Ink123 says...

Ffs how stupid they'll be trying to ban **** in the sea next
Ffs how stupid they'll be trying to ban **** in the sea next Ink123
  • Score: -2

2:26pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Sir Cliff West says...

Use vodafone if you want a proper signal. O2 is for muppets.
Use vodafone if you want a proper signal. O2 is for muppets. Sir Cliff West
  • Score: 2

2:42pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Phixer says...

Ever noticed the large signs at the bottom of the zig-zags saying 'don't do this', 'don't do that'?

Anyone ever see a sign that says 'have fun'; 'enjoy your swim'?
Ever noticed the large signs at the bottom of the zig-zags saying 'don't do this', 'don't do that'? Anyone ever see a sign that says 'have fun'; 'enjoy your swim'? Phixer
  • Score: 5

2:55pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Hessenford says...

Lord Parkstone wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Lord Parkstone wrote:
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
How about this country becoming a police state and setting up a government department with the sole purpose of banning everyone from doing anything they enjoy, the beach is a day out for everyone not just boring idiots like the nanny state worshipers, if you don't like kids enjoying themselves on the beach stay at home in your own garden, mobile phones are the 21st century main communication tool so you need to move with the times, BBQs have been about for years, where have you been all this time.
When we go to the beach we expect kids to be screaming, windbreakers to be erected, BBQs to be lit, football and other ball games to be played and unfortunately smoking in the open air until it becomes illegal, if you are unhappy with all the joys of the summer months than stay at home, visits to the beach during the summer are for everyone not just boring people.
Agreed. The beach is for everyone not just selfish folk with windbreaks and BBQ's.
I can only conclude from your comment that you are one of the offending selfish individuals that insists on erecting a full bedouin camp with raging BBQ and a football match disturbing everyone elses enjoyment of the beach.
You can conclude what you like but, I have lived here for over 40 years and I don't go to the beach that often, I would rather go to the new forest or somewhere else, any where other than the beach.
Your conclusion has been arrived at because I disagree with your silly comment wishing to ban this and that, if you don't like the beach as it is don't go there, it's minority groups and single minded people such as you that's making this country a laughing stock with all the lets ban this and lets ban that, get a life.
The beach is for everyone not just single minded grumpy pants such as yourself.
[quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.[/p][/quote]How about this country becoming a police state and setting up a government department with the sole purpose of banning everyone from doing anything they enjoy, the beach is a day out for everyone not just boring idiots like the nanny state worshipers, if you don't like kids enjoying themselves on the beach stay at home in your own garden, mobile phones are the 21st century main communication tool so you need to move with the times, BBQs have been about for years, where have you been all this time. When we go to the beach we expect kids to be screaming, windbreakers to be erected, BBQs to be lit, football and other ball games to be played and unfortunately smoking in the open air until it becomes illegal, if you are unhappy with all the joys of the summer months than stay at home, visits to the beach during the summer are for everyone not just boring people.[/p][/quote]Agreed. The beach is for everyone not just selfish folk with windbreaks and BBQ's. I can only conclude from your comment that you are one of the offending selfish individuals that insists on erecting a full bedouin camp with raging BBQ and a football match disturbing everyone elses enjoyment of the beach.[/p][/quote]You can conclude what you like but, I have lived here for over 40 years and I don't go to the beach that often, I would rather go to the new forest or somewhere else, any where other than the beach. Your conclusion has been arrived at because I disagree with your silly comment wishing to ban this and that, if you don't like the beach as it is don't go there, it's minority groups and single minded people such as you that's making this country a laughing stock with all the lets ban this and lets ban that, get a life. The beach is for everyone not just single minded grumpy pants such as yourself. Hessenford
  • Score: 3

2:55pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Sir Cliff West says...

Phixer wrote:
Ever noticed the large signs at the bottom of the zig-zags saying 'don't do this', 'don't do that'?

Anyone ever see a sign that says 'have fun'; 'enjoy your swim'?
Good point. There are some bits of the beach with different rules too, like no dogs, between certain zones and months, no barbecues till, 6pm, no giraffes unless accompanied by a zebra weating a top hat. The list is too long to remember.
Probably just best to ignore it all.
[quote][p][bold]Phixer[/bold] wrote: Ever noticed the large signs at the bottom of the zig-zags saying 'don't do this', 'don't do that'? Anyone ever see a sign that says 'have fun'; 'enjoy your swim'?[/p][/quote]Good point. There are some bits of the beach with different rules too, like no dogs, between certain zones and months, no barbecues till, 6pm, no giraffes unless accompanied by a zebra weating a top hat. The list is too long to remember. Probably just best to ignore it all. Sir Cliff West
  • Score: 5

3:00pm Mon 28 Jul 14

spooki says...

woby_tide wrote:
Anyone with an O2 contract already benefit from this thanks to the awful mobile coverage at the seafront
I was going to say the same! As I've just discovered, Alum Chine is brilliant for Mr Elwood. Oh and Verwood at the Heavy Horse park.
[quote][p][bold]woby_tide[/bold] wrote: Anyone with an O2 contract already benefit from this thanks to the awful mobile coverage at the seafront[/p][/quote]I was going to say the same! As I've just discovered, Alum Chine is brilliant for Mr Elwood. Oh and Verwood at the Heavy Horse park. spooki
  • Score: 0

3:37pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Lord Parkstone says...

Hessenford wrote:
Lord Parkstone wrote:
beachcomber1 wrote:
Lord Parkstone wrote:
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
bbq's are banned except between 6pm and 10.30pm.
Exactly. This isn't enforced. Walk along the beach and see how many inconsiderate people that read having BBQ's on the beach
Why is it inconsiderate, because you don't like it, I don't mind the smell of food cooking, its hardly a crime, you need to get a hobby to take up your time.
Theres a difference between food cooking and being cremated.
Far too busy working for hobbies but as matter of interest what do you suggest, the same hobby as yours?
[quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]beachcomber1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.[/p][/quote]bbq's are banned except between 6pm and 10.30pm.[/p][/quote]Exactly. This isn't enforced. Walk along the beach and see how many inconsiderate people that read having BBQ's on the beach[/p][/quote]Why is it inconsiderate, because you don't like it, I don't mind the smell of food cooking, its hardly a crime, you need to get a hobby to take up your time.[/p][/quote]Theres a difference between food cooking and being cremated. Far too busy working for hobbies but as matter of interest what do you suggest, the same hobby as yours? Lord Parkstone
  • Score: 0

3:40pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Lord Parkstone says...

Hessenford wrote:
Lord Parkstone wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Lord Parkstone wrote:
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
How about this country becoming a police state and setting up a government department with the sole purpose of banning everyone from doing anything they enjoy, the beach is a day out for everyone not just boring idiots like the nanny state worshipers, if you don't like kids enjoying themselves on the beach stay at home in your own garden, mobile phones are the 21st century main communication tool so you need to move with the times, BBQs have been about for years, where have you been all this time.
When we go to the beach we expect kids to be screaming, windbreakers to be erected, BBQs to be lit, football and other ball games to be played and unfortunately smoking in the open air until it becomes illegal, if you are unhappy with all the joys of the summer months than stay at home, visits to the beach during the summer are for everyone not just boring people.
Agreed. The beach is for everyone not just selfish folk with windbreaks and BBQ's.
I can only conclude from your comment that you are one of the offending selfish individuals that insists on erecting a full bedouin camp with raging BBQ and a football match disturbing everyone elses enjoyment of the beach.
You can conclude what you like but, I have lived here for over 40 years and I don't go to the beach that often, I would rather go to the new forest or somewhere else, any where other than the beach.
Your conclusion has been arrived at because I disagree with your silly comment wishing to ban this and that, if you don't like the beach as it is don't go there, it's minority groups and single minded people such as you that's making this country a laughing stock with all the lets ban this and lets ban that, get a life.
The beach is for everyone not just single minded grumpy pants such as yourself.
Not at all. I was agreeing with you when you said the beach is for everyone.
Well done living here for 40 years. You must be proud being a member of the flat earth society.
Worryingly you enjoy the forest. Cant help wondering which part and in what aspect you enjoy the forest, "dog walker" perhaps?
[quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.[/p][/quote]How about this country becoming a police state and setting up a government department with the sole purpose of banning everyone from doing anything they enjoy, the beach is a day out for everyone not just boring idiots like the nanny state worshipers, if you don't like kids enjoying themselves on the beach stay at home in your own garden, mobile phones are the 21st century main communication tool so you need to move with the times, BBQs have been about for years, where have you been all this time. When we go to the beach we expect kids to be screaming, windbreakers to be erected, BBQs to be lit, football and other ball games to be played and unfortunately smoking in the open air until it becomes illegal, if you are unhappy with all the joys of the summer months than stay at home, visits to the beach during the summer are for everyone not just boring people.[/p][/quote]Agreed. The beach is for everyone not just selfish folk with windbreaks and BBQ's. I can only conclude from your comment that you are one of the offending selfish individuals that insists on erecting a full bedouin camp with raging BBQ and a football match disturbing everyone elses enjoyment of the beach.[/p][/quote]You can conclude what you like but, I have lived here for over 40 years and I don't go to the beach that often, I would rather go to the new forest or somewhere else, any where other than the beach. Your conclusion has been arrived at because I disagree with your silly comment wishing to ban this and that, if you don't like the beach as it is don't go there, it's minority groups and single minded people such as you that's making this country a laughing stock with all the lets ban this and lets ban that, get a life. The beach is for everyone not just single minded grumpy pants such as yourself.[/p][/quote]Not at all. I was agreeing with you when you said the beach is for everyone. Well done living here for 40 years. You must be proud being a member of the flat earth society. Worryingly you enjoy the forest. Cant help wondering which part and in what aspect you enjoy the forest, "dog walker" perhaps? Lord Parkstone
  • Score: -2

3:48pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Hessenford says...

Lord Parkstone wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Lord Parkstone wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Lord Parkstone wrote:
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
How about this country becoming a police state and setting up a government department with the sole purpose of banning everyone from doing anything they enjoy, the beach is a day out for everyone not just boring idiots like the nanny state worshipers, if you don't like kids enjoying themselves on the beach stay at home in your own garden, mobile phones are the 21st century main communication tool so you need to move with the times, BBQs have been about for years, where have you been all this time.
When we go to the beach we expect kids to be screaming, windbreakers to be erected, BBQs to be lit, football and other ball games to be played and unfortunately smoking in the open air until it becomes illegal, if you are unhappy with all the joys of the summer months than stay at home, visits to the beach during the summer are for everyone not just boring people.
Agreed. The beach is for everyone not just selfish folk with windbreaks and BBQ's.
I can only conclude from your comment that you are one of the offending selfish individuals that insists on erecting a full bedouin camp with raging BBQ and a football match disturbing everyone elses enjoyment of the beach.
You can conclude what you like but, I have lived here for over 40 years and I don't go to the beach that often, I would rather go to the new forest or somewhere else, any where other than the beach.
Your conclusion has been arrived at because I disagree with your silly comment wishing to ban this and that, if you don't like the beach as it is don't go there, it's minority groups and single minded people such as you that's making this country a laughing stock with all the lets ban this and lets ban that, get a life.
The beach is for everyone not just single minded grumpy pants such as yourself.
Not at all. I was agreeing with you when you said the beach is for everyone.
Well done living here for 40 years. You must be proud being a member of the flat earth society.
Worryingly you enjoy the forest. Cant help wondering which part and in what aspect you enjoy the forest, "dog walker" perhaps?
No, not a dog walker, just a secluded area with a couple of cheese rolls and a flask of tea, then watch the world pass by.
Not proud of Bournemouth, successive councils have destroyed what was once a top resort, six months till retirement and then me and the misses are off to the south west, Cornwall or Devon, not sure which.
So you see there's no mystery.
[quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.[/p][/quote]How about this country becoming a police state and setting up a government department with the sole purpose of banning everyone from doing anything they enjoy, the beach is a day out for everyone not just boring idiots like the nanny state worshipers, if you don't like kids enjoying themselves on the beach stay at home in your own garden, mobile phones are the 21st century main communication tool so you need to move with the times, BBQs have been about for years, where have you been all this time. When we go to the beach we expect kids to be screaming, windbreakers to be erected, BBQs to be lit, football and other ball games to be played and unfortunately smoking in the open air until it becomes illegal, if you are unhappy with all the joys of the summer months than stay at home, visits to the beach during the summer are for everyone not just boring people.[/p][/quote]Agreed. The beach is for everyone not just selfish folk with windbreaks and BBQ's. I can only conclude from your comment that you are one of the offending selfish individuals that insists on erecting a full bedouin camp with raging BBQ and a football match disturbing everyone elses enjoyment of the beach.[/p][/quote]You can conclude what you like but, I have lived here for over 40 years and I don't go to the beach that often, I would rather go to the new forest or somewhere else, any where other than the beach. Your conclusion has been arrived at because I disagree with your silly comment wishing to ban this and that, if you don't like the beach as it is don't go there, it's minority groups and single minded people such as you that's making this country a laughing stock with all the lets ban this and lets ban that, get a life. The beach is for everyone not just single minded grumpy pants such as yourself.[/p][/quote]Not at all. I was agreeing with you when you said the beach is for everyone. Well done living here for 40 years. You must be proud being a member of the flat earth society. Worryingly you enjoy the forest. Cant help wondering which part and in what aspect you enjoy the forest, "dog walker" perhaps?[/p][/quote]No, not a dog walker, just a secluded area with a couple of cheese rolls and a flask of tea, then watch the world pass by. Not proud of Bournemouth, successive councils have destroyed what was once a top resort, six months till retirement and then me and the misses are off to the south west, Cornwall or Devon, not sure which. So you see there's no mystery. Hessenford
  • Score: 0

3:50pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Sir Cliff West says...

Alright alright settle down now. We've all had a drink :-)

I've had a few. Wetherdpoons are just ending their cider festival today. Shame, I was enjoying getting stuck into Old Rosie.
Alright alright settle down now. We've all had a drink :-) I've had a few. Wetherdpoons are just ending their cider festival today. Shame, I was enjoying getting stuck into Old Rosie. Sir Cliff West
  • Score: 2

4:13pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Tango Charlie says...

Yes. A nice quiet zone. Ban phones, little kids, teenagers, deaf old people, rude people, dogs, sizzling sausages, ice cream with crunchy chocolate coverings, speed boats, any sort of watercraft with an engine, tourists, locals, bin carts, loud restaurants, beer, happy people, old people, young people. Then put a £100 a day surcharge on the council tax for policing it. Then, and only then, will you have a quiet beach. Mainly because the tourists have gone elsewhere.
Yes. A nice quiet zone. Ban phones, little kids, teenagers, deaf old people, rude people, dogs, sizzling sausages, ice cream with crunchy chocolate coverings, speed boats, any sort of watercraft with an engine, tourists, locals, bin carts, loud restaurants, beer, happy people, old people, young people. Then put a £100 a day surcharge on the council tax for policing it. Then, and only then, will you have a quiet beach. Mainly because the tourists have gone elsewhere. Tango Charlie
  • Score: 3

4:17pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Lord Elpus says...

Lets just ban all tourists. Block the 'Spur road' & ensure all bikes on the Prom have bells fitted,:-)
Lets just ban all tourists. Block the 'Spur road' & ensure all bikes on the Prom have bells fitted,:-) Lord Elpus
  • Score: -1

4:35pm Mon 28 Jul 14

nermal says...

There is already an area for barbecues down by the car park in Sandbanks, I do wish they could be restricted to that area because it is very unpleasant being subjected to all the smells and smoke when you are just trying to have a quiet time on the beach. The worst problem, however, is the jetskis, those REALLY need to be restricted and kept away from the beaches where people swim. I'm surprised there hasn't been a serious accident, both with the way they are often driven and also with the really sharp anchors that they leave lying on the bottom of the sea.
There is already an area for barbecues down by the car park in Sandbanks, I do wish they could be restricted to that area because it is very unpleasant being subjected to all the smells and smoke when you are just trying to have a quiet time on the beach. The worst problem, however, is the jetskis, those REALLY need to be restricted and kept away from the beaches where people swim. I'm surprised there hasn't been a serious accident, both with the way they are often driven and also with the really sharp anchors that they leave lying on the bottom of the sea. nermal
  • Score: 0

4:38pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Lord Spring says...

Sir Cliff West wrote:
Alright alright settle down now. We've all had a drink :-)

I've had a few. Wetherdpoons are just ending their cider festival today. Shame, I was enjoying getting stuck into Old Rosie.
I trust under your new title you will not upset some, just when you had a few thumbs up earlier today.

Did you jump or were you pushed.
[quote][p][bold]Sir Cliff West[/bold] wrote: Alright alright settle down now. We've all had a drink :-) I've had a few. Wetherdpoons are just ending their cider festival today. Shame, I was enjoying getting stuck into Old Rosie.[/p][/quote]I trust under your new title you will not upset some, just when you had a few thumbs up earlier today. Did you jump or were you pushed. Lord Spring
  • Score: 1

5:04pm Mon 28 Jul 14

manjon says...

Well done Toby, just when people start to forget what an idiot you are, you remind us all by speaking.
Well done Toby, just when people start to forget what an idiot you are, you remind us all by speaking. manjon
  • Score: 6

7:49pm Mon 28 Jul 14

MrPitiful says...

Hessenford wrote:
Lord Parkstone wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Lord Parkstone wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Lord Parkstone wrote:
How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.
How about this country becoming a police state and setting up a government department with the sole purpose of banning everyone from doing anything they enjoy, the beach is a day out for everyone not just boring idiots like the nanny state worshipers, if you don't like kids enjoying themselves on the beach stay at home in your own garden, mobile phones are the 21st century main communication tool so you need to move with the times, BBQs have been about for years, where have you been all this time.
When we go to the beach we expect kids to be screaming, windbreakers to be erected, BBQs to be lit, football and other ball games to be played and unfortunately smoking in the open air until it becomes illegal, if you are unhappy with all the joys of the summer months than stay at home, visits to the beach during the summer are for everyone not just boring people.
Agreed. The beach is for everyone not just selfish folk with windbreaks and BBQ's.
I can only conclude from your comment that you are one of the offending selfish individuals that insists on erecting a full bedouin camp with raging BBQ and a football match disturbing everyone elses enjoyment of the beach.
You can conclude what you like but, I have lived here for over 40 years and I don't go to the beach that often, I would rather go to the new forest or somewhere else, any where other than the beach.
Your conclusion has been arrived at because I disagree with your silly comment wishing to ban this and that, if you don't like the beach as it is don't go there, it's minority groups and single minded people such as you that's making this country a laughing stock with all the lets ban this and lets ban that, get a life.
The beach is for everyone not just single minded grumpy pants such as yourself.
Not at all. I was agreeing with you when you said the beach is for everyone.
Well done living here for 40 years. You must be proud being a member of the flat earth society.
Worryingly you enjoy the forest. Cant help wondering which part and in what aspect you enjoy the forest, "dog walker" perhaps?
No, not a dog walker, just a secluded area with a couple of cheese rolls and a flask of tea, then watch the world pass by.
Not proud of Bournemouth, successive councils have destroyed what was once a top resort, six months till retirement and then me and the misses are off to the south west, Cornwall or Devon, not sure which.
So you see there's no mystery.
Just a quick note to Hessenford - if one of the reasons you are looking to retire to Devon Or Cornwall is your dissatisfaction of previous local councils in Bournemouth, then trust me ( as I have lived in both counties) Devon or Cornwall are the two last places on earth you want to consider retiring to.

The towns & cities in both counties have been and still are administered by inward thinking, regressive councils full of management with their own snouts in the trough. A little bit like Bournemouth but on a much grander scale.

The picturesque, quiet life portrayed in retirement and county magazines of live in Devon & Cornwall is far from the truth. Instead, think of drug problems, frustrated locals, inconsiderate holiday-home owners, inadequate funding for local and rural services and you are part of the way there.

Plus terrible weather that cuts most places off in the winter.
[quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Parkstone[/bold] wrote: How about banning:- smoking, BBQ's totally at anytime during the day, footballs and teenagers for a start instead? This would help make the beaches a bit more bearable. Putting up with some inconsiderate selfish oik's stink and smoke because they think its the thing to do just because they are on the beach.[/p][/quote]How about this country becoming a police state and setting up a government department with the sole purpose of banning everyone from doing anything they enjoy, the beach is a day out for everyone not just boring idiots like the nanny state worshipers, if you don't like kids enjoying themselves on the beach stay at home in your own garden, mobile phones are the 21st century main communication tool so you need to move with the times, BBQs have been about for years, where have you been all this time. When we go to the beach we expect kids to be screaming, windbreakers to be erected, BBQs to be lit, football and other ball games to be played and unfortunately smoking in the open air until it becomes illegal, if you are unhappy with all the joys of the summer months than stay at home, visits to the beach during the summer are for everyone not just boring people.[/p][/quote]Agreed. The beach is for everyone not just selfish folk with windbreaks and BBQ's. I can only conclude from your comment that you are one of the offending selfish individuals that insists on erecting a full bedouin camp with raging BBQ and a football match disturbing everyone elses enjoyment of the beach.[/p][/quote]You can conclude what you like but, I have lived here for over 40 years and I don't go to the beach that often, I would rather go to the new forest or somewhere else, any where other than the beach. Your conclusion has been arrived at because I disagree with your silly comment wishing to ban this and that, if you don't like the beach as it is don't go there, it's minority groups and single minded people such as you that's making this country a laughing stock with all the lets ban this and lets ban that, get a life. The beach is for everyone not just single minded grumpy pants such as yourself.[/p][/quote]Not at all. I was agreeing with you when you said the beach is for everyone. Well done living here for 40 years. You must be proud being a member of the flat earth society. Worryingly you enjoy the forest. Cant help wondering which part and in what aspect you enjoy the forest, "dog walker" perhaps?[/p][/quote]No, not a dog walker, just a secluded area with a couple of cheese rolls and a flask of tea, then watch the world pass by. Not proud of Bournemouth, successive councils have destroyed what was once a top resort, six months till retirement and then me and the misses are off to the south west, Cornwall or Devon, not sure which. So you see there's no mystery.[/p][/quote]Just a quick note to Hessenford - if one of the reasons you are looking to retire to Devon Or Cornwall is your dissatisfaction of previous local councils in Bournemouth, then trust me ( as I have lived in both counties) Devon or Cornwall are the two last places on earth you want to consider retiring to. The towns & cities in both counties have been and still are administered by inward thinking, regressive councils full of management with their own snouts in the trough. A little bit like Bournemouth but on a much grander scale. The picturesque, quiet life portrayed in retirement and county magazines of live in Devon & Cornwall is far from the truth. Instead, think of drug problems, frustrated locals, inconsiderate holiday-home owners, inadequate funding for local and rural services and you are part of the way there. Plus terrible weather that cuts most places off in the winter. MrPitiful
  • Score: 1

8:19pm Mon 28 Jul 14

O'Reilly says...

Now this is how you deal with irritating tw*ts who annoy you whilst you are trying to enjoy some peace and quiet.........

https://www.youtube.
com/watch?v=fYuFJBhE
bPY
Now this is how you deal with irritating tw*ts who annoy you whilst you are trying to enjoy some peace and quiet......... https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=fYuFJBhE bPY O'Reilly
  • Score: 1

8:33pm Mon 28 Jul 14

GeorgeW64 says...

Why don't we just ban voting for prats like him to become an MP.
Why don't we just ban voting for prats like him to become an MP. GeorgeW64
  • Score: 0

8:34pm Mon 28 Jul 14

O'Reilly says...

Sir Cliff West wrote:
Alright alright settle down now. We've all had a drink :-)

I've had a few. Wetherdpoons are just ending their cider festival today. Shame, I was enjoying getting stuck into Old Rosie.
You can get 'Old Rosie' all year round.... I can also recommend 'Cornish Orchard' but caution is needed - as it can get dark very early .. ;-)
[quote][p][bold]Sir Cliff West[/bold] wrote: Alright alright settle down now. We've all had a drink :-) I've had a few. Wetherdpoons are just ending their cider festival today. Shame, I was enjoying getting stuck into Old Rosie.[/p][/quote]You can get 'Old Rosie' all year round.... I can also recommend 'Cornish Orchard' but caution is needed - as it can get dark very early .. ;-) O'Reilly
  • Score: 1

9:04pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Sir Cliff West says...

O'Reilly wrote:
Sir Cliff West wrote:
Alright alright settle down now. We've all had a drink :-)

I've had a few. Wetherdpoons are just ending their cider festival today. Shame, I was enjoying getting stuck into Old Rosie.
You can get 'Old Rosie' all year round.... I can also recommend 'Cornish Orchard' but caution is needed - as it can get dark very early .. ;-)
I'll look out for it. Black Dragon from the Gwynt y Ddraig brewers in Wales is fun too. They usually have it up the Christopher Creeke all year round in a box. Usually.
[quote][p][bold]O'Reilly[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sir Cliff West[/bold] wrote: Alright alright settle down now. We've all had a drink :-) I've had a few. Wetherdpoons are just ending their cider festival today. Shame, I was enjoying getting stuck into Old Rosie.[/p][/quote]You can get 'Old Rosie' all year round.... I can also recommend 'Cornish Orchard' but caution is needed - as it can get dark very early .. ;-)[/p][/quote]I'll look out for it. Black Dragon from the Gwynt y Ddraig brewers in Wales is fun too. They usually have it up the Christopher Creeke all year round in a box. Usually. Sir Cliff West
  • Score: 0

9:56pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Peroni says...

I think they are just looking for any excuse to get a fixed penalty fine going.
Next it will be loud kids !
People laughing !
I think they are just looking for any excuse to get a fixed penalty fine going. Next it will be loud kids ! People laughing ! Peroni
  • Score: -1

10:00pm Mon 28 Jul 14

M0Z says...

Good grief, what an idiot thing to suggest. How would I get away with 'working from home' on the beach without any signal? I’d rather ban giveaway background noises such as children, seagulls, waves. And sand – that can be quite annoying too, it gets everywhere. Astroturf is the way forward.
Good grief, what an idiot thing to suggest. How would I get away with 'working from home' on the beach without any signal? I’d rather ban giveaway background noises such as children, seagulls, waves. And sand – that can be quite annoying too, it gets everywhere. Astroturf is the way forward. M0Z
  • Score: -1

10:59pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Chief-Wiggum says...

lol what a non story this is! Ban the waves crashing into the sand, ban the wind blowing, ban everything! No one speak on the beach!
lol what a non story this is! Ban the waves crashing into the sand, ban the wind blowing, ban everything! No one speak on the beach! Chief-Wiggum
  • Score: 2

11:36pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Yankee1 says...

With all the serious problems to deal with, an MP weighs in on a local issue?

Attention grabber.
With all the serious problems to deal with, an MP weighs in on a local issue? Attention grabber. Yankee1
  • Score: 1

11:51pm Mon 28 Jul 14

breamoreboy says...

This is an absolutely marvellous idea. Assuming that it is properly implemented and policed I look forward to being completely alone on the beach.
This is an absolutely marvellous idea. Assuming that it is properly implemented and policed I look forward to being completely alone on the beach. breamoreboy
  • Score: 1

11:54pm Mon 28 Jul 14

breamoreboy says...

itsneverblackorwhite wrote:
How is it possible to have two idiot MP's in one town?
How is it possible to have thousands voting for these idiot MPs?
[quote][p][bold]itsneverblackorwhite[/bold] wrote: How is it possible to have two idiot MP's in one town?[/p][/quote]How is it possible to have thousands voting for these idiot MPs? breamoreboy
  • Score: 3

12:11am Tue 29 Jul 14

HRH of Boscombe says...

Staynor66 wrote:
How about an idiot MP free zone...we could call it The UK
Yes please.
.
This waste of oxygen is a complete moron just looking for some kind of attention.
.
I can relax at the beach NumT TobASS Ellwood because I can be reached there if needed.
.
Burying one's head in the ground is not the way we do things in the private sector or any real profession.
[quote][p][bold]Staynor66[/bold] wrote: How about an idiot MP free zone...we could call it The UK[/p][/quote]Yes please. . This waste of oxygen is a complete moron just looking for some kind of attention. . I can relax at the beach NumT TobASS Ellwood because I can be reached there if needed. . Burying one's head in the ground is not the way we do things in the private sector or any real profession. HRH of Boscombe
  • Score: -2

1:18am Tue 29 Jul 14

Blombino says...

If somebody doesn't want to use their phone on the beach, they can just... not use it on the beach. Switch it off, perhaps. If somebody is really so hopelessly addicted to wireless technology that they need to waste council money on inconveniencing everybody else just to get away from it, they've got bigger problems, and there's nothing to be gained by enabling them. And how is somebody talking on a mobile phone in any way louder or more of a nuisance to others than two people talking in person?
If somebody doesn't want to use their phone on the beach, they can just... not use it on the beach. Switch it off, perhaps. If somebody is really so hopelessly addicted to wireless technology that they need to waste council money on inconveniencing everybody else just to get away from it, they've got bigger problems, and there's nothing to be gained by enabling them. And how is somebody talking on a mobile phone in any way louder or more of a nuisance to others than two people talking in person? Blombino
  • Score: 0

5:23am Tue 29 Jul 14

ShuttleX says...

Anybody would think there is an election coming up. That's about the only time this idiot sticks his head out of the trough. I've met this man on a few occasions, and nothing he says, or does makes me believe he is anything but a gravy train rider. He has different views on the same subject, depending on the person he speaks to. Try pinning him down to a real answer, and it's like trying to hold onto mist. A look at his track record for voting gives a clearer look at this persons views. Elections cost money. If you want to stay an MP, you have to please the right people,
Anybody would think there is an election coming up. That's about the only time this idiot sticks his head out of the trough. I've met this man on a few occasions, and nothing he says, or does makes me believe he is anything but a gravy train rider. He has different views on the same subject, depending on the person he speaks to. Try pinning him down to a real answer, and it's like trying to hold onto mist. A look at his track record for voting gives a clearer look at this persons views. Elections cost money. If you want to stay an MP, you have to please the right people, ShuttleX
  • Score: 2

6:44am Tue 29 Jul 14

tiggs61 says...

i have been awake most of the night. i went for a walk down to the beach. it was very quiet lovely too.yes i had my phone with me too. after reading comment here. what is this toby thinking of council too much time on their hands and over paid... then when people stop going to the beach they complain we have a right to complain too. at stupid mp's wanting to distroy our fun not a cat in hells chance...need to sort other things like gervis place buses bus station is this enough said well i could go on but whats the bloody point ..BOURNEMOUTH COUNCIL GET A GRIP YOU MUPPETS.
i have been awake most of the night. i went for a walk down to the beach. it was very quiet lovely too.yes i had my phone with me too. after reading comment here. what is this toby thinking of council too much time on their hands and over paid... then when people stop going to the beach they complain we have a right to complain too. at stupid mp's wanting to distroy our fun not a cat in hells chance...need to sort other things like gervis place buses bus station is this enough said well i could go on but whats the bloody point ..BOURNEMOUTH COUNCIL GET A GRIP YOU MUPPETS. tiggs61
  • Score: -1

8:42am Tue 29 Jul 14

Baysider says...

Okay, I'll bite. Can you explain what relevance the religion or race of the beach users between the piers has to this discussion? Aside from the fact it's clearly used by many people other than the small Jewish community there is in Bournemouth you have thrown it in exclusively to stir it up. The word 'people' would have more than sufficed but wouldn't have got you the reaction you wanted...and yes I am aware of the irony of my replying giving you what you were after.
Okay, I'll bite. Can you explain what relevance the religion or race of the beach users between the piers has to this discussion? Aside from the fact it's clearly used by many people other than the small Jewish community there is in Bournemouth you have thrown it in exclusively to stir it up. The word 'people' would have more than sufficed but wouldn't have got you the reaction you wanted...and yes I am aware of the irony of my replying giving you what you were after. Baysider
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree