QUIZ: How well do you know your area?

QUIZ: How well do you know your area?

QUIZ: How well do you know your area?

First published in News

How many people in Boscombe have a degree? What proportion of people in Southbourne are Christian? Take this quiz and test your knowledge of your area.

Statistics can give a rich and surprising view of the everyday world around us.

Enter your postcode to find out how well you know your local area based on information from the 2011 Census.

Details and quiz supplied by the Office of National Statistics. ​

Try the quiz now:

Comments (18)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:15pm Mon 21 Jul 14

BIGTONE says...

Well Out of date. The ONS haven't a clue.
Well Out of date. The ONS haven't a clue. BIGTONE
  • Score: 0

8:19pm Mon 21 Jul 14

speedy231278 says...

How many people on Bournemouth aren't trying to stuff a leaflet under your nose, trying to get you to take a survey, trying to make you make a charity donation, chasing you with a copy of the Big Issue or asking for a bit of spare change? Not many, I bet!
How many people on Bournemouth aren't trying to stuff a leaflet under your nose, trying to get you to take a survey, trying to make you make a charity donation, chasing you with a copy of the Big Issue or asking for a bit of spare change? Not many, I bet! speedy231278
  • Score: 4

8:23pm Mon 21 Jul 14

speedy231278 says...

Shows how easy things get skewed by the student factor. In the centre of Bournemouth, 84% of properties are not owned by the occupant, 46% do not have a vehicle and the median age of the population is 29!
Shows how easy things get skewed by the student factor. In the centre of Bournemouth, 84% of properties are not owned by the occupant, 46% do not have a vehicle and the median age of the population is 29! speedy231278
  • Score: 4

7:20am Tue 22 Jul 14

The-Bleeding-Obvious says...

Trivia!
Trivia! The-Bleeding-Obvious
  • Score: 0

7:41am Tue 22 Jul 14

Lord Spring says...

And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%,

I use toilet paper like most others.
And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%, I use toilet paper like most others. Lord Spring
  • Score: 3

8:24am Tue 22 Jul 14

nickynoodah says...

Lord Spring wrote:
And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%,

I use toilet paper like most others.
The other 97% cut the Echo into squares and nail it on the back of the toilet door
you know it is.
you know you want to.
[quote][p][bold]Lord Spring[/bold] wrote: And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%, I use toilet paper like most others.[/p][/quote]The other 97% cut the Echo into squares and nail it on the back of the toilet door you know it is. you know you want to. nickynoodah
  • Score: -6

9:23am Tue 22 Jul 14

Controversial But True says...

nickynoodah wrote:
Lord Spring wrote:
And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%,

I use toilet paper like most others.
The other 97% cut the Echo into squares and nail it on the back of the toilet door
you know it is.
you know you want to.
and then smear your stupid comments all over it!
[quote][p][bold]nickynoodah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Spring[/bold] wrote: And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%, I use toilet paper like most others.[/p][/quote]The other 97% cut the Echo into squares and nail it on the back of the toilet door you know it is. you know you want to.[/p][/quote]and then smear your stupid comments all over it! Controversial But True
  • Score: 5

11:02am Tue 22 Jul 14

Carolyn43 says...

BIGTONE wrote:
Well Out of date. The ONS haven't a clue.
Of course it's well out of date - it was the census of 2011.

And yes it's trivia.
[quote][p][bold]BIGTONE[/bold] wrote: Well Out of date. The ONS haven't a clue.[/p][/quote]Of course it's well out of date - it was the census of 2011. And yes it's trivia. Carolyn43
  • Score: -1

11:05am Tue 22 Jul 14

Bob Bournemouth says...

nickynoodah wrote:
Lord Spring wrote:
And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%,

I use toilet paper like most others.
The other 97% cut the Echo into squares and nail it on the back of the toilet door
you know it is.
you know you want to.
People like you two should be banned from writing on the website - you always talk drivel and lower the tone of sensible comments.
[quote][p][bold]nickynoodah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Spring[/bold] wrote: And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%, I use toilet paper like most others.[/p][/quote]The other 97% cut the Echo into squares and nail it on the back of the toilet door you know it is. you know you want to.[/p][/quote]People like you two should be banned from writing on the website - you always talk drivel and lower the tone of sensible comments. Bob Bournemouth
  • Score: -3

11:29am Tue 22 Jul 14

nickynoodah says...

Bob Bournemouth wrote:
nickynoodah wrote:
Lord Spring wrote:
And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%,

I use toilet paper like most others.
The other 97% cut the Echo into squares and nail it on the back of the toilet door
you know it is.
you know you want to.
People like you two should be banned from writing on the website - you always talk drivel and lower the tone of sensible comments.
I don't think so George, but you should be banned from drawing on public toilet walls you know it is .
[quote][p][bold]Bob Bournemouth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nickynoodah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Spring[/bold] wrote: And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%, I use toilet paper like most others.[/p][/quote]The other 97% cut the Echo into squares and nail it on the back of the toilet door you know it is. you know you want to.[/p][/quote]People like you two should be banned from writing on the website - you always talk drivel and lower the tone of sensible comments.[/p][/quote]I don't think so George, but you should be banned from drawing on public toilet walls you know it is . nickynoodah
  • Score: -6

11:31am Tue 22 Jul 14

MattGillett says...

I got all the answers wrong but somehow mustered 75%; this marking system must be similar to my old 'O' levels.
I got all the answers wrong but somehow mustered 75%; this marking system must be similar to my old 'O' levels. MattGillett
  • Score: 4

1:25pm Tue 22 Jul 14

Kinzy says...

nickynoodah wrote:
Bob Bournemouth wrote:
nickynoodah wrote:
Lord Spring wrote:
And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%,

I use toilet paper like most others.
The other 97% cut the Echo into squares and nail it on the back of the toilet door
you know it is.
you know you want to.
People like you two should be banned from writing on the website - you always talk drivel and lower the tone of sensible comments.
I don't think so George, but you should be banned from drawing on public toilet walls you know it is .
NOTHING you say ever makes any sense at all. All you ever go on about is bedsits and someone called George. You come across as having the mental capacity of a slice of unbuttered toast.
[quote][p][bold]nickynoodah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bob Bournemouth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nickynoodah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Spring[/bold] wrote: And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%, I use toilet paper like most others.[/p][/quote]The other 97% cut the Echo into squares and nail it on the back of the toilet door you know it is. you know you want to.[/p][/quote]People like you two should be banned from writing on the website - you always talk drivel and lower the tone of sensible comments.[/p][/quote]I don't think so George, but you should be banned from drawing on public toilet walls you know it is .[/p][/quote]NOTHING you say ever makes any sense at all. All you ever go on about is bedsits and someone called George. You come across as having the mental capacity of a slice of unbuttered toast. Kinzy
  • Score: 4

1:32pm Tue 22 Jul 14

bogtrotter says...

I typed in my old BH3 postcode and apparently I used to live in Talbot Woods. I certainly didn't!
I typed in my old BH3 postcode and apparently I used to live in Talbot Woods. I certainly didn't! bogtrotter
  • Score: -1

5:59pm Tue 22 Jul 14

s-pb2 says...

Of course this relies on people filling out the census honestly and correctly.....(ahem)
Of course this relies on people filling out the census honestly and correctly.....(ahem) s-pb2
  • Score: 2

6:30pm Tue 22 Jul 14

spooki says...

I don't live in Strouden and most of those questions are about stuff in which I have no interest so why would I know the answers? When you said "what do you know about your area?" I thought you meant the history or local area knowledge not how many Muslims there are! And I can tell you, out of amount of people who own cars or vans, most of them seem to live (and park badly) in my road.
I don't live in Strouden and most of those questions are about stuff in which I have no interest so why would I know the answers? When you said "what do you know about your area?" I thought you meant the history or local area knowledge not how many Muslims there are! And I can tell you, out of amount of people who own cars or vans, most of them seem to live (and park badly) in my road. spooki
  • Score: 0

7:24pm Tue 22 Jul 14

holdinkæft says...

Kinzy wrote:
nickynoodah wrote:
Bob Bournemouth wrote:
nickynoodah wrote:
Lord Spring wrote:
And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%,

I use toilet paper like most others.
The other 97% cut the Echo into squares and nail it on the back of the toilet door
you know it is.
you know you want to.
People like you two should be banned from writing on the website - you always talk drivel and lower the tone of sensible comments.
I don't think so George, but you should be banned from drawing on public toilet walls you know it is .
NOTHING you say ever makes any sense at all. All you ever go on about is bedsits and someone called George. You come across as having the mental capacity of a slice of unbuttered toast.
Why are you picking on toast?
[quote][p][bold]Kinzy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nickynoodah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bob Bournemouth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nickynoodah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Spring[/bold] wrote: And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%, I use toilet paper like most others.[/p][/quote]The other 97% cut the Echo into squares and nail it on the back of the toilet door you know it is. you know you want to.[/p][/quote]People like you two should be banned from writing on the website - you always talk drivel and lower the tone of sensible comments.[/p][/quote]I don't think so George, but you should be banned from drawing on public toilet walls you know it is .[/p][/quote]NOTHING you say ever makes any sense at all. All you ever go on about is bedsits and someone called George. You come across as having the mental capacity of a slice of unbuttered toast.[/p][/quote]Why are you picking on toast? holdinkæft
  • Score: 0

10:43pm Tue 22 Jul 14

Hessenford says...

nickynoodah wrote:
Lord Spring wrote:
And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%,

I use toilet paper like most others.
The other 97% cut the Echo into squares and nail it on the back of the toilet door
you know it is.
you know you want to.
Its you that needs nailing to the toilet door.
[quote][p][bold]nickynoodah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Spring[/bold] wrote: And what percentage of the town use their left hand when wiping their backside. I would say 3%, I use toilet paper like most others.[/p][/quote]The other 97% cut the Echo into squares and nail it on the back of the toilet door you know it is. you know you want to.[/p][/quote]Its you that needs nailing to the toilet door. Hessenford
  • Score: 0

9:45am Wed 23 Jul 14

TheDistrict says...

Stupid questions, not really apertaining to ones knowledge of Wallisdown and Winton West. Why would anyone want to know who owns or does not own a car or van. Who is interested in how many own their homes when it is so hard to get a mortgage now, so one would not join that list. As for religion, who cares.
Stupid questions, not really apertaining to ones knowledge of Wallisdown and Winton West. Why would anyone want to know who owns or does not own a car or van. Who is interested in how many own their homes when it is so hard to get a mortgage now, so one would not join that list. As for religion, who cares. TheDistrict
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree