Bournemouth EchoAlert after fire starts in bedroom (From Bournemouth Echo)

When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.

Crews called to Purewell after fire starts

Bournemouth Echo: Alert after fire starts in bedroom Alert after fire starts in bedroom

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a home in Christchurch this morning after a fire started in a bedroom.

They were called to Purewell shortly after 9.30am after the alarm was raised by a smoke detector that had been installed by Dorset Fire and Rescue Service.

Crews managed to contain the damage to a bin and chest of drawers, although there was also smoke damage to the first floor of the property.

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used hose and ventilation to extinguish the fire.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service reminded people of the importance of having working smoke alarms and to test them every week.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree