Fire crews called to Park Road, Swanage, after blaze starts in bedroom

Warning after smoking materials start fire

Warning after smoking materials start fire

First published in News by

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a third floor flat in Swanage this morning, after smoke was spotted coming from the building.

Upon arrival, two fire crews – one from Swanage and one from Wareham – tackled a small fire in a bedroom.

Dorset Fire & Rescue Service (DFRS) say it was caused by discarded smoking materials.

No-one was injured and fire damage was confined to a bed, a small patch of carpet and floor boards.

However, the remainder of the property sustained smoke damage.

The drama occurred around 8.40am in Park Road.

A DFRS spokesman said: “If you are a smoker keep matches and lighters out of the reach of children, preferably in a high cupboard or drawer.

"Do not smoke in bed but if you do, ensure that all smoking materials are extinguished before you fall asleep.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree