25-pitch temporary traveller site a “ real step forward” as work nearly complete

PROGRESS: Travellers on Hamworthy Park.

PROGRESS: Travellers on Hamworthy Park.

First published in News
Last updated
by

WORK to create a temporary summer stopping site for travellers in Dorset will be finished next week, says County Hall.

However, the development of the 25-pitch site at Piddlehinton will do nothing to alleviate problems with unauthorised encampments in Bournemouth and Poole.

Current legislation dictates only travellers moving onto land within Dorset County Council’s boundaries can be moved onto the Piddlehinton site.

County council environment member Cllr Peter Finney said: “It is a real step forward that we’re able to open this site and provide somewhere for gypsies and travellers to make temporary stops.

“We are the first authority in wider Dorset to provide a site like this.”

After several attempts at trying to find a potential site, Bournemouth’s council leader John Beesley concluded the town had no suitable land.

Instead, the council intends to step up security at its parks and open spaces to deter travellers from settling anywhere in the borough.

And in Poole, proposals for two temporary traveller stopping sites were rejected by the council’s planning committee earlier this year, following a storm of protest from residents living near the two planned sites.

Last month travellers moved onto Hatchard’s Field, Rossmore, and Baiter Park.

After a lengthy legal process to remove them, some of the travellers simply moved onto Hamworthy Park, meaning Borough of Poole had to go back to the courts. Other recent encampments in Poole include Turlin Moor Recreation Ground and the town’s swimming pool car park.

The council has since carried out to help protect six of Poole’s most vulnerable sites, including Whitecliff, Baiter, Verity Crescent, Broadstone Recreation Ground, Branksome Recreation Ground and Haskell’s Rec.

The Piddlehinton site, which will include 24-hour security, CCTV, toilet facilities and fresh water, will be open between March and August for the next three years.

Cllr Finney said: “This is an emotive issue on both sides but, as we saw during the Olympics, having a designated site allows us to manage any issues which arise more quickly and efficiently.”

Comments have been opened on this story but please note: any reference to gypsies or any racially offensive term will cause them to be closed and you may find your account suspended. Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers are legally recognised as ethnic groups, and protected by the Race Relations Act. Please keep your comments to this particular incident and do not generalise. Thanks for your co-operation.

Comments (45)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:52pm Tue 10 Jun 14

billy bumble says...

Fresh water eh?

Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then? billy bumble
  • Score: 87

6:19am Wed 11 Jun 14

fedupwithjobsworths says...

billy bumble wrote:
Fresh water eh?

Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
[quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination! fedupwithjobsworths
  • Score: 70

7:20am Wed 11 Jun 14

Baysider says...

fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
billy bumble wrote:
Fresh water eh?

Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.
[quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination![/p][/quote]I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony. Baysider
  • Score: -71

8:25am Wed 11 Jun 14

dogsoftheworld says...

The beauty of the Piddlehinton site is that it is isolated and doesn't force incompatible cultures to share the same space, with the inevitable tension that brings.
Poole and Bornemouth just don't have enough space, and what they do have is needed for housing their own population and employment. At the end of the day you can't fit a quart into a pint pot. Government needs to recognise that and some very silly and very bossy Councilors need to recognise that have to look after the needs of their own residents first- all of them.
The beauty of the Piddlehinton site is that it is isolated and doesn't force incompatible cultures to share the same space, with the inevitable tension that brings. Poole and Bornemouth just don't have enough space, and what they do have is needed for housing their own population and employment. At the end of the day you can't fit a quart into a pint pot. Government needs to recognise that and some very silly and very bossy Councilors need to recognise that have to look after the needs of their own residents first- all of them. dogsoftheworld
  • Score: 43

8:29am Wed 11 Jun 14

smhinto says...

We may have been to Disneyland but this is 'Diddleyland'.
We may have been to Disneyland but this is 'Diddleyland'. smhinto
  • Score: 11

8:30am Wed 11 Jun 14

Carolyn43 says...

We've heard nothing from the Echo about travellers in Poole for a while - since they moved into the swimming pool car park. Are they still here?
We've heard nothing from the Echo about travellers in Poole for a while - since they moved into the swimming pool car park. Are they still here? Carolyn43
  • Score: 13

8:47am Wed 11 Jun 14

TheDistrict says...

County Hall are being their usual self centred heavy gang. Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the status of Bourenmouth and Poole, they are still part of Dorset. It is the government and Dorset CC that enforce both towns to find temporary sites within their conurbations, when it would be much simpler for Dorset CC to hand over land, maybe near, but outside of the towns in helping to achieve this project.

Therefore Dorset CC, stop being the dominating superior force, when clearly you should be helping all towns in such matters as the County representatives. Simples.
County Hall are being their usual self centred heavy gang. Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the status of Bourenmouth and Poole, they are still part of Dorset. It is the government and Dorset CC that enforce both towns to find temporary sites within their conurbations, when it would be much simpler for Dorset CC to hand over land, maybe near, but outside of the towns in helping to achieve this project. Therefore Dorset CC, stop being the dominating superior force, when clearly you should be helping all towns in such matters as the County representatives. Simples. TheDistrict
  • Score: 8

8:53am Wed 11 Jun 14

BarrHumbug says...

it'll be good to see how this works then? I imagine it will go something like this.....

Police - "You have camped here illegally, please move now to the site provided for you at Piddlehinton"
Traveller - "No"
Police - "Oh please. Be reasonable, we have provided you a site with facilities at great expense"
Traveller - "The water on site, is it supplied via copper or plastic pipe?"
Police - "Plastic I believe, why do you ask?"
Traveller - "Oh no reason."
Police - "So will you go then?"
Traveller - "No, Feck Off!"
Police - "Errrr, Ummm, OK then"
it'll be good to see how this works then? I imagine it will go something like this..... Police - "You have camped here illegally, please move now to the site provided for you at Piddlehinton" Traveller - "No" Police - "Oh please. Be reasonable, we have provided you a site with facilities at great expense" Traveller - "The water on site, is it supplied via copper or plastic pipe?" Police - "Plastic I believe, why do you ask?" Traveller - "Oh no reason." Police - "So will you go then?" Traveller - "No, Feck Off!" Police - "Errrr, Ummm, OK then" BarrHumbug
  • Score: 42

8:59am Wed 11 Jun 14

madras says...

So will anyone be able to pitch up at the new site for a free stay?
So will anyone be able to pitch up at the new site for a free stay? madras
  • Score: 45

9:00am Wed 11 Jun 14

mook140780 says...

Baysider wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
billy bumble wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.
Why should we have to pay our taxes and face going to jail for not doing so or for dropping litter when these people can come and go as they please, cause a huge mess that we as tax payers then have to pay for.

These people should pay the council a fee to come and stay at these pitches for their upkeep and then the police should also check all the MOT's, car tax etc etc to make sure they are all legal and if not impound their cars. simple
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination![/p][/quote]I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.[/p][/quote]Why should we have to pay our taxes and face going to jail for not doing so or for dropping litter when these people can come and go as they please, cause a huge mess that we as tax payers then have to pay for. These people should pay the council a fee to come and stay at these pitches for their upkeep and then the police should also check all the MOT's, car tax etc etc to make sure they are all legal and if not impound their cars. simple mook140780
  • Score: 59

9:13am Wed 11 Jun 14

Baysider says...

TheDistrict wrote:
County Hall are being their usual self centred heavy gang. Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the status of Bourenmouth and Poole, they are still part of Dorset. It is the government and Dorset CC that enforce both towns to find temporary sites within their conurbations, when it would be much simpler for Dorset CC to hand over land, maybe near, but outside of the towns in helping to achieve this project.

Therefore Dorset CC, stop being the dominating superior force, when clearly you should be helping all towns in such matters as the County representatives. Simples.
Same old point. Why should Dorset CC pay for travellers that have turned up in Poole or Bournemouth? Would you be happy as a council tax payer if it were the other way around? Why stop at Dorset btw let's get Wiltshire or Lincolnshire or Lancashire to pay for a site so that we don't have to have one set up here...that'll work won't it!
[quote][p][bold]TheDistrict[/bold] wrote: County Hall are being their usual self centred heavy gang. Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the status of Bourenmouth and Poole, they are still part of Dorset. It is the government and Dorset CC that enforce both towns to find temporary sites within their conurbations, when it would be much simpler for Dorset CC to hand over land, maybe near, but outside of the towns in helping to achieve this project. Therefore Dorset CC, stop being the dominating superior force, when clearly you should be helping all towns in such matters as the County representatives. Simples.[/p][/quote]Same old point. Why should Dorset CC pay for travellers that have turned up in Poole or Bournemouth? Would you be happy as a council tax payer if it were the other way around? Why stop at Dorset btw let's get Wiltshire or Lincolnshire or Lancashire to pay for a site so that we don't have to have one set up here...that'll work won't it! Baysider
  • Score: 3

9:20am Wed 11 Jun 14

Simone567 says...

What happens if we put a tent up on the beach. or should I bring the huge huge caravan worth loads of money and park up in a beach car park and demand fresh water and schooling and health services for the kids. Seems like we are all equal but some a a little more equal than others! Oh and above the law of the less equal...... Do we have to travel in packs though?
What happens if we put a tent up on the beach. or should I bring the huge huge caravan worth loads of money and park up in a beach car park and demand fresh water and schooling and health services for the kids. Seems like we are all equal but some a a little more equal than others! Oh and above the law of the less equal...... Do we have to travel in packs though? Simone567
  • Score: 35

9:21am Wed 11 Jun 14

Baysider says...

mook140780 wrote:
Baysider wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
billy bumble wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.
Why should we have to pay our taxes and face going to jail for not doing so or for dropping litter when these people can come and go as they please, cause a huge mess that we as tax payers then have to pay for.

These people should pay the council a fee to come and stay at these pitches for their upkeep and then the police should also check all the MOT's, car tax etc etc to make sure they are all legal and if not impound their cars. simple
Did I say they shouldn't have to pay their way like the rest of us then? Or should not be subject to the same laws? My comment was aimed at the individual spouting nonsense that he felt discriminated against when in fact he is very probably in the group LEAST likely to be subject to any form of discrimination. It's was a trite, lazy, childish comment that added nothing to the subject.

Thumbs away...!!!
[quote][p][bold]mook140780[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination![/p][/quote]I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.[/p][/quote]Why should we have to pay our taxes and face going to jail for not doing so or for dropping litter when these people can come and go as they please, cause a huge mess that we as tax payers then have to pay for. These people should pay the council a fee to come and stay at these pitches for their upkeep and then the police should also check all the MOT's, car tax etc etc to make sure they are all legal and if not impound their cars. simple[/p][/quote]Did I say they shouldn't have to pay their way like the rest of us then? Or should not be subject to the same laws? My comment was aimed at the individual spouting nonsense that he felt discriminated against when in fact he is very probably in the group LEAST likely to be subject to any form of discrimination. It's was a trite, lazy, childish comment that added nothing to the subject. Thumbs away...!!! Baysider
  • Score: -22

9:44am Wed 11 Jun 14

speedy231278 says...

Baysider wrote:
mook140780 wrote:
Baysider wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
billy bumble wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.
Why should we have to pay our taxes and face going to jail for not doing so or for dropping litter when these people can come and go as they please, cause a huge mess that we as tax payers then have to pay for.

These people should pay the council a fee to come and stay at these pitches for their upkeep and then the police should also check all the MOT's, car tax etc etc to make sure they are all legal and if not impound their cars. simple
Did I say they shouldn't have to pay their way like the rest of us then? Or should not be subject to the same laws? My comment was aimed at the individual spouting nonsense that he felt discriminated against when in fact he is very probably in the group LEAST likely to be subject to any form of discrimination. It's was a trite, lazy, childish comment that added nothing to the subject.

Thumbs away...!!!
Funny, I thought white, middle aged men were the only group that could be discriminated against because they are not women, not of any ethnic minority group, not a child, and not elderly.....
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mook140780[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination![/p][/quote]I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.[/p][/quote]Why should we have to pay our taxes and face going to jail for not doing so or for dropping litter when these people can come and go as they please, cause a huge mess that we as tax payers then have to pay for. These people should pay the council a fee to come and stay at these pitches for their upkeep and then the police should also check all the MOT's, car tax etc etc to make sure they are all legal and if not impound their cars. simple[/p][/quote]Did I say they shouldn't have to pay their way like the rest of us then? Or should not be subject to the same laws? My comment was aimed at the individual spouting nonsense that he felt discriminated against when in fact he is very probably in the group LEAST likely to be subject to any form of discrimination. It's was a trite, lazy, childish comment that added nothing to the subject. Thumbs away...!!![/p][/quote]Funny, I thought white, middle aged men were the only group that could be discriminated against because they are not women, not of any ethnic minority group, not a child, and not elderly..... speedy231278
  • Score: 29

10:01am Wed 11 Jun 14

Parkstonian says...

I seem to remember that some months ago Eric Pickles / his Department agreed "in principle" that any sight provided within the County of Dorset should also be available re "incidents" in Poole & Bournemouth, but apparently "can't be bothered" to promulgate the relevant legislation. That being the case, does the provision of this Site mean that Poole and Bournemouth Councils can charge any relevant legal & other costs to Eric Pickles / his Department?
I seem to remember that some months ago Eric Pickles / his Department agreed "in principle" that any sight provided within the County of Dorset should also be available re "incidents" in Poole & Bournemouth, but apparently "can't be bothered" to promulgate the relevant legislation. That being the case, does the provision of this Site mean that Poole and Bournemouth Councils can charge any relevant legal & other costs to Eric Pickles / his Department? Parkstonian
  • Score: 7

10:04am Wed 11 Jun 14

speedy231278 says...

I still fail to see why any local authority should be obliged to provide anything for this lot. If they can afford massive motorhomes and pickups, they can afford a pitch fee. They're allowed to break every rule in the book with impunity because some idiot made them an ethnic minority group rather than declare them a criminal organisation like the mafia.
I still fail to see why any local authority should be obliged to provide anything for this lot. If they can afford massive motorhomes and pickups, they can afford a pitch fee. They're allowed to break every rule in the book with impunity because some idiot made them an ethnic minority group rather than declare them a criminal organisation like the mafia. speedy231278
  • Score: 37

10:11am Wed 11 Jun 14

Minty Fresh says...

I want the same rights these free loading misfits get. I want to be able to park up anywhere I want when I want, pay nothing, trash the place, annoy everyone who would normally use the open space I've invaded and most important of all to be above the law and exempt from prosecution. Or perhaps we could all descend on this Piddlehinton camp and take advantage of the free facilities paid for by OUR taxes?
I want the same rights these free loading misfits get. I want to be able to park up anywhere I want when I want, pay nothing, trash the place, annoy everyone who would normally use the open space I've invaded and most important of all to be above the law and exempt from prosecution. Or perhaps we could all descend on this Piddlehinton camp and take advantage of the free facilities paid for by OUR taxes? Minty Fresh
  • Score: 35

10:18am Wed 11 Jun 14

Redgolfer says...

Baysider wrote:
TheDistrict wrote:
County Hall are being their usual self centred heavy gang. Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the status of Bourenmouth and Poole, they are still part of Dorset. It is the government and Dorset CC that enforce both towns to find temporary sites within their conurbations, when it would be much simpler for Dorset CC to hand over land, maybe near, but outside of the towns in helping to achieve this project.

Therefore Dorset CC, stop being the dominating superior force, when clearly you should be helping all towns in such matters as the County representatives. Simples.
Same old point. Why should Dorset CC pay for travellers that have turned up in Poole or Bournemouth? Would you be happy as a council tax payer if it were the other way around? Why stop at Dorset btw let's get Wiltshire or Lincolnshire or Lancashire to pay for a site so that we don't have to have one set up here...that'll work won't it!
BECAUSE I think that POOLE AND BOURNEMOUTH ARE STILL IN THE COUNTY OF DORSET, many of us not wanting to be that's why we made ourselves County Boroughs instead of being made to do things by Dorchester !!!
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheDistrict[/bold] wrote: County Hall are being their usual self centred heavy gang. Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the status of Bourenmouth and Poole, they are still part of Dorset. It is the government and Dorset CC that enforce both towns to find temporary sites within their conurbations, when it would be much simpler for Dorset CC to hand over land, maybe near, but outside of the towns in helping to achieve this project. Therefore Dorset CC, stop being the dominating superior force, when clearly you should be helping all towns in such matters as the County representatives. Simples.[/p][/quote]Same old point. Why should Dorset CC pay for travellers that have turned up in Poole or Bournemouth? Would you be happy as a council tax payer if it were the other way around? Why stop at Dorset btw let's get Wiltshire or Lincolnshire or Lancashire to pay for a site so that we don't have to have one set up here...that'll work won't it![/p][/quote]BECAUSE I think that POOLE AND BOURNEMOUTH ARE STILL IN THE COUNTY OF DORSET, many of us not wanting to be that's why we made ourselves County Boroughs instead of being made to do things by Dorchester !!! Redgolfer
  • Score: 7

11:07am Wed 11 Jun 14

billy bumble says...

Baysider wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
billy bumble wrote:
Fresh water eh?

Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.
So what you are saying is that EVERY white middle aged man is racist??

That seems to be the definition of bigotry to me

Oh the irony
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination![/p][/quote]I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.[/p][/quote]So what you are saying is that EVERY white middle aged man is racist?? That seems to be the definition of bigotry to me Oh the irony billy bumble
  • Score: 8

12:08pm Wed 11 Jun 14

baxi says...

Can someone explain why we have to provide facility's for these people, probably free of charge??? If I had a caravan could I use the facility???
mankimick
Can someone explain why we have to provide facility's for these people, probably free of charge??? If I had a caravan could I use the facility??? mankimick baxi
  • Score: 20

1:07pm Wed 11 Jun 14

fedupwithjobsworths says...

Baysider wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
billy bumble wrote:
Fresh water eh?

Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.
It should not matter whether I am, black, white, middle class, working class, gay , straight, rich, poor or a traveller ,,,,,, the same laws and rules should apply to all. What is your problem with that?
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination![/p][/quote]I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.[/p][/quote]It should not matter whether I am, black, white, middle class, working class, gay , straight, rich, poor or a traveller ,,,,,, the same laws and rules should apply to all. What is your problem with that? fedupwithjobsworths
  • Score: 16

1:14pm Wed 11 Jun 14

kburke says...

Why can't the council see that travellers etc don't want a proper site. They want to go where they want, and the more aggravation they can cause the better they like it. It's called a wind-up.
Why can't the council see that travellers etc don't want a proper site. They want to go where they want, and the more aggravation they can cause the better they like it. It's called a wind-up. kburke
  • Score: 12

1:46pm Wed 11 Jun 14

The Liberal says...

fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
Baysider wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
billy bumble wrote:
Fresh water eh?

Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.
It should not matter whether I am, black, white, middle class, working class, gay , straight, rich, poor or a traveller ,,,,,, the same laws and rules should apply to all. What is your problem with that?
As I have stated before, the laws do apply equally to everyone. There's nothing to stop anyone else doing what the travellers do. You could even use the temporary site if moved from an illegal encampment in Dorset. I'm not saying the rules are right, just that they apply to everyone. So the claims of racial discrimination are untrue.
[quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination![/p][/quote]I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.[/p][/quote]It should not matter whether I am, black, white, middle class, working class, gay , straight, rich, poor or a traveller ,,,,,, the same laws and rules should apply to all. What is your problem with that?[/p][/quote]As I have stated before, the laws do apply equally to everyone. There's nothing to stop anyone else doing what the travellers do. You could even use the temporary site if moved from an illegal encampment in Dorset. I'm not saying the rules are right, just that they apply to everyone. So the claims of racial discrimination are untrue. The Liberal
  • Score: -8

1:51pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Phixer says...

Baysider wrote:
TheDistrict wrote:
County Hall are being their usual self centred heavy gang. Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the status of Bourenmouth and Poole, they are still part of Dorset. It is the government and Dorset CC that enforce both towns to find temporary sites within their conurbations, when it would be much simpler for Dorset CC to hand over land, maybe near, but outside of the towns in helping to achieve this project.

Therefore Dorset CC, stop being the dominating superior force, when clearly you should be helping all towns in such matters as the County representatives. Simples.
Same old point. Why should Dorset CC pay for travellers that have turned up in Poole or Bournemouth? Would you be happy as a council tax payer if it were the other way around? Why stop at Dorset btw let's get Wiltshire or Lincolnshire or Lancashire to pay for a site so that we don't have to have one set up here...that'll work won't it!
Are Bournemouth and Poole not within the boundaries of Dorset County Council. It was bad enough moving Bournemouth into Dorset; where are we now - Brittany?

Don't I - as a B'mth resident - have to pay taxes to DCC? That'll be news to a lot of people.
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheDistrict[/bold] wrote: County Hall are being their usual self centred heavy gang. Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the status of Bourenmouth and Poole, they are still part of Dorset. It is the government and Dorset CC that enforce both towns to find temporary sites within their conurbations, when it would be much simpler for Dorset CC to hand over land, maybe near, but outside of the towns in helping to achieve this project. Therefore Dorset CC, stop being the dominating superior force, when clearly you should be helping all towns in such matters as the County representatives. Simples.[/p][/quote]Same old point. Why should Dorset CC pay for travellers that have turned up in Poole or Bournemouth? Would you be happy as a council tax payer if it were the other way around? Why stop at Dorset btw let's get Wiltshire or Lincolnshire or Lancashire to pay for a site so that we don't have to have one set up here...that'll work won't it![/p][/quote]Are Bournemouth and Poole not within the boundaries of Dorset County Council. It was bad enough moving Bournemouth into Dorset; where are we now - Brittany? Don't I - as a B'mth resident - have to pay taxes to DCC? That'll be news to a lot of people. Phixer
  • Score: 5

1:53pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Phixer says...

speedy231278 wrote:
I still fail to see why any local authority should be obliged to provide anything for this lot. If they can afford massive motorhomes and pickups, they can afford a pitch fee. They're allowed to break every rule in the book with impunity because some idiot made them an ethnic minority group rather than declare them a criminal organisation like the mafia.
Because its the law. If you don't like it, complain to your MP for the law to be changed. Have you complained to your MP?

Thought not.
[quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: I still fail to see why any local authority should be obliged to provide anything for this lot. If they can afford massive motorhomes and pickups, they can afford a pitch fee. They're allowed to break every rule in the book with impunity because some idiot made them an ethnic minority group rather than declare them a criminal organisation like the mafia.[/p][/quote]Because its the law. If you don't like it, complain to your MP for the law to be changed. Have you complained to your MP? Thought not. Phixer
  • Score: 0

1:56pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Phixer says...

Baysider wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
billy bumble wrote:
Fresh water eh?

Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.
You should get out more often. Perhaps you hadn't noticed that white, middle class, tax-paying Anglo-Saxons are very much a minority.

Strange, I never hear complaints from the sandal wearers when other races call us 'white honkies'. Oh, the irony!
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination![/p][/quote]I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.[/p][/quote]You should get out more often. Perhaps you hadn't noticed that white, middle class, tax-paying Anglo-Saxons are very much a minority. Strange, I never hear complaints from the sandal wearers when other races call us 'white honkies'. Oh, the irony! Phixer
  • Score: 0

1:59pm Wed 11 Jun 14

speedy231278 says...

Phixer wrote:
speedy231278 wrote:
I still fail to see why any local authority should be obliged to provide anything for this lot. If they can afford massive motorhomes and pickups, they can afford a pitch fee. They're allowed to break every rule in the book with impunity because some idiot made them an ethnic minority group rather than declare them a criminal organisation like the mafia.
Because its the law. If you don't like it, complain to your MP for the law to be changed. Have you complained to your MP?

Thought not.
Our MPs will do nothing because they are spineless scum.
[quote][p][bold]Phixer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: I still fail to see why any local authority should be obliged to provide anything for this lot. If they can afford massive motorhomes and pickups, they can afford a pitch fee. They're allowed to break every rule in the book with impunity because some idiot made them an ethnic minority group rather than declare them a criminal organisation like the mafia.[/p][/quote]Because its the law. If you don't like it, complain to your MP for the law to be changed. Have you complained to your MP? Thought not.[/p][/quote]Our MPs will do nothing because they are spineless scum. speedy231278
  • Score: 6

2:04pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Simone567 says...

Looks like lots of people think our tax money is being wasted. Any suggestions how we correct the situation. Not sure our policy makers and implementers are taking any notice. I appreciate turkeys don't vote for Christmas.... but what action can one take on the premise of the pen being mighty than the sword...
Looks like lots of people think our tax money is being wasted. Any suggestions how we correct the situation. Not sure our policy makers and implementers are taking any notice. I appreciate turkeys don't vote for Christmas.... but what action can one take on the premise of the pen being mighty than the sword... Simone567
  • Score: 4

2:31pm Wed 11 Jun 14

The Liberal says...

Phixer wrote:
Baysider wrote:
TheDistrict wrote:
County Hall are being their usual self centred heavy gang. Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the status of Bourenmouth and Poole, they are still part of Dorset. It is the government and Dorset CC that enforce both towns to find temporary sites within their conurbations, when it would be much simpler for Dorset CC to hand over land, maybe near, but outside of the towns in helping to achieve this project.

Therefore Dorset CC, stop being the dominating superior force, when clearly you should be helping all towns in such matters as the County representatives. Simples.
Same old point. Why should Dorset CC pay for travellers that have turned up in Poole or Bournemouth? Would you be happy as a council tax payer if it were the other way around? Why stop at Dorset btw let's get Wiltshire or Lincolnshire or Lancashire to pay for a site so that we don't have to have one set up here...that'll work won't it!
Are Bournemouth and Poole not within the boundaries of Dorset County Council. It was bad enough moving Bournemouth into Dorset; where are we now - Brittany?

Don't I - as a B'mth resident - have to pay taxes to DCC? That'll be news to a lot of people.
No, you don't pay any tax to Dorset County Council because you live in a unitary authority.
 
Quite frankly, I'm bemused by this line of argument anyhow. It seems to me that some people want to have their cake and eat it: have the independence of living in a unitary authority and so not be ruled by the DCC at Dorchester, yet expect the DCC to house their illegally camped travellers.
[quote][p][bold]Phixer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheDistrict[/bold] wrote: County Hall are being their usual self centred heavy gang. Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the status of Bourenmouth and Poole, they are still part of Dorset. It is the government and Dorset CC that enforce both towns to find temporary sites within their conurbations, when it would be much simpler for Dorset CC to hand over land, maybe near, but outside of the towns in helping to achieve this project. Therefore Dorset CC, stop being the dominating superior force, when clearly you should be helping all towns in such matters as the County representatives. Simples.[/p][/quote]Same old point. Why should Dorset CC pay for travellers that have turned up in Poole or Bournemouth? Would you be happy as a council tax payer if it were the other way around? Why stop at Dorset btw let's get Wiltshire or Lincolnshire or Lancashire to pay for a site so that we don't have to have one set up here...that'll work won't it![/p][/quote]Are Bournemouth and Poole not within the boundaries of Dorset County Council. It was bad enough moving Bournemouth into Dorset; where are we now - Brittany? Don't I - as a B'mth resident - have to pay taxes to DCC? That'll be news to a lot of people.[/p][/quote]No, you don't pay any tax to Dorset County Council because you live in a unitary authority.   Quite frankly, I'm bemused by this line of argument anyhow. It seems to me that some people want to have their cake and eat it: have the independence of living in a unitary authority and so not be ruled by the DCC at Dorchester, yet expect the DCC to house their illegally camped travellers. The Liberal
  • Score: 6

2:55pm Wed 11 Jun 14

60plus says...

Rockley park have plenty of spaces whoops have to pay
Rockley park have plenty of spaces whoops have to pay 60plus
  • Score: 6

3:18pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Bob49 says...

madras wrote:
So will anyone be able to pitch up at the new site for a free stay?
That raises the question that is NEVER asked, never mind asked.

What measures do the authorities take to confim that these folk are genuine Travellers and not some thieving scum bags on the make.

What questions are asked ?

Who drew up these questions ?

In that light i would STRONGLY URGE locals to focus on this and not let the debate be distracted by activities and events - all of which have happened year in year out.

PUT THE COUNCIL TO THE TASK OF EXPLAINING HOW THEY CHECK WHO AND WHO IS NOT A BONA FIDE TRAVELLER.
[quote][p][bold]madras[/bold] wrote: So will anyone be able to pitch up at the new site for a free stay?[/p][/quote]That raises the question that is NEVER asked, never mind asked. What measures do the authorities take to confim that these folk are genuine Travellers and not some thieving scum bags on the make. What questions are asked ? Who drew up these questions ? In that light i would STRONGLY URGE locals to focus on this and not let the debate be distracted by activities and events - all of which have happened year in year out. PUT THE COUNCIL TO THE TASK OF EXPLAINING HOW THEY CHECK WHO AND WHO IS NOT A BONA FIDE TRAVELLER. Bob49
  • Score: 4

4:18pm Wed 11 Jun 14

DansAFCB says...

Baysider wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
billy bumble wrote:
Fresh water eh?

Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.
The scumbag gypsies are so protected by the law it makes me laugh, just look at what the OHEC put when commenting. They are nobodies and should have no rights until they start paying their way, which will never happen as they are thieving scum!

People forget they choose to live this way in their new vans/cars and motorhomes, they don't need charity. They come over here reap mayhem, steal from people, rip people off and we have do gooders still PROTECTING them. They should be treated like they treat us with no respect, like pieces of filthy sh*t and with the contempt they deserve!

fedupwithjobsworths is the right we are racially discriminated against in OUR own country, we have no rights at all yet every other race/scumbags have.

If you or I were too pull a gate down or a stump out of the ground and go onto public space with a caravan then the Police would be on us like a ton of bricks if we didn't speak with a cac**r/thieving accent, why? Because they are not scared of us, but they are of the scum!

It is about time our MP's stood up and spoke out rather than curtail behind this "Politically Correct" world! Grow a pair, all of you and do your jobs for the best of the people you represent not for the best of your personal future, there will be no future for any of us the way this country is going!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination![/p][/quote]I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.[/p][/quote]The scumbag gypsies are so protected by the law it makes me laugh, just look at what the OHEC put when commenting. They are nobodies and should have no rights until they start paying their way, which will never happen as they are thieving scum! People forget they choose to live this way in their new vans/cars and motorhomes, they don't need charity. They come over here reap mayhem, steal from people, rip people off and we have do gooders still PROTECTING them. They should be treated like they treat us with no respect, like pieces of filthy sh*t and with the contempt they deserve! fedupwithjobsworths is the right we are racially discriminated against in OUR own country, we have no rights at all yet every other race/scumbags have. If you or I were too pull a gate down or a stump out of the ground and go onto public space with a caravan then the Police would be on us like a ton of bricks if we didn't speak with a cac**r/thieving accent, why? Because they are not scared of us, but they are of the scum! It is about time our MP's stood up and spoke out rather than curtail behind this "Politically Correct" world! Grow a pair, all of you and do your jobs for the best of the people you represent not for the best of your personal future, there will be no future for any of us the way this country is going!!!! DansAFCB
  • Score: 2

4:54pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Baysider says...

The Liberal wrote:
Phixer wrote:
Baysider wrote:
TheDistrict wrote:
County Hall are being their usual self centred heavy gang. Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the status of Bourenmouth and Poole, they are still part of Dorset. It is the government and Dorset CC that enforce both towns to find temporary sites within their conurbations, when it would be much simpler for Dorset CC to hand over land, maybe near, but outside of the towns in helping to achieve this project.

Therefore Dorset CC, stop being the dominating superior force, when clearly you should be helping all towns in such matters as the County representatives. Simples.
Same old point. Why should Dorset CC pay for travellers that have turned up in Poole or Bournemouth? Would you be happy as a council tax payer if it were the other way around? Why stop at Dorset btw let's get Wiltshire or Lincolnshire or Lancashire to pay for a site so that we don't have to have one set up here...that'll work won't it!
Are Bournemouth and Poole not within the boundaries of Dorset County Council. It was bad enough moving Bournemouth into Dorset; where are we now - Brittany?

Don't I - as a B'mth resident - have to pay taxes to DCC? That'll be news to a lot of people.
No, you don't pay any tax to Dorset County Council because you live in a unitary authority.
 
Quite frankly, I'm bemused by this line of argument anyhow. It seems to me that some people want to have their cake and eat it: have the independence of living in a unitary authority and so not be ruled by the DCC at Dorchester, yet expect the DCC to house their illegally camped travellers.
Thank you Liberal for answering Phixers question. Odd to think that some people genuinely don't know where they actually live...
[quote][p][bold]The Liberal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Phixer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheDistrict[/bold] wrote: County Hall are being their usual self centred heavy gang. Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the status of Bourenmouth and Poole, they are still part of Dorset. It is the government and Dorset CC that enforce both towns to find temporary sites within their conurbations, when it would be much simpler for Dorset CC to hand over land, maybe near, but outside of the towns in helping to achieve this project. Therefore Dorset CC, stop being the dominating superior force, when clearly you should be helping all towns in such matters as the County representatives. Simples.[/p][/quote]Same old point. Why should Dorset CC pay for travellers that have turned up in Poole or Bournemouth? Would you be happy as a council tax payer if it were the other way around? Why stop at Dorset btw let's get Wiltshire or Lincolnshire or Lancashire to pay for a site so that we don't have to have one set up here...that'll work won't it![/p][/quote]Are Bournemouth and Poole not within the boundaries of Dorset County Council. It was bad enough moving Bournemouth into Dorset; where are we now - Brittany? Don't I - as a B'mth resident - have to pay taxes to DCC? That'll be news to a lot of people.[/p][/quote]No, you don't pay any tax to Dorset County Council because you live in a unitary authority.   Quite frankly, I'm bemused by this line of argument anyhow. It seems to me that some people want to have their cake and eat it: have the independence of living in a unitary authority and so not be ruled by the DCC at Dorchester, yet expect the DCC to house their illegally camped travellers.[/p][/quote]Thank you Liberal for answering Phixers question. Odd to think that some people genuinely don't know where they actually live... Baysider
  • Score: 5

4:58pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Baysider says...

Redgolfer wrote:
Baysider wrote:
TheDistrict wrote:
County Hall are being their usual self centred heavy gang. Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the status of Bourenmouth and Poole, they are still part of Dorset. It is the government and Dorset CC that enforce both towns to find temporary sites within their conurbations, when it would be much simpler for Dorset CC to hand over land, maybe near, but outside of the towns in helping to achieve this project.

Therefore Dorset CC, stop being the dominating superior force, when clearly you should be helping all towns in such matters as the County representatives. Simples.
Same old point. Why should Dorset CC pay for travellers that have turned up in Poole or Bournemouth? Would you be happy as a council tax payer if it were the other way around? Why stop at Dorset btw let's get Wiltshire or Lincolnshire or Lancashire to pay for a site so that we don't have to have one set up here...that'll work won't it!
BECAUSE I think that POOLE AND BOURNEMOUTH ARE STILL IN THE COUNTY OF DORSET, many of us not wanting to be that's why we made ourselves County Boroughs instead of being made to do things by Dorchester !!!
...you can think what you like but for local government purposes you are not in Dorset. End of. Fact. Full stop. Period.
[quote][p][bold]Redgolfer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheDistrict[/bold] wrote: County Hall are being their usual self centred heavy gang. Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the status of Bourenmouth and Poole, they are still part of Dorset. It is the government and Dorset CC that enforce both towns to find temporary sites within their conurbations, when it would be much simpler for Dorset CC to hand over land, maybe near, but outside of the towns in helping to achieve this project. Therefore Dorset CC, stop being the dominating superior force, when clearly you should be helping all towns in such matters as the County representatives. Simples.[/p][/quote]Same old point. Why should Dorset CC pay for travellers that have turned up in Poole or Bournemouth? Would you be happy as a council tax payer if it were the other way around? Why stop at Dorset btw let's get Wiltshire or Lincolnshire or Lancashire to pay for a site so that we don't have to have one set up here...that'll work won't it![/p][/quote]BECAUSE I think that POOLE AND BOURNEMOUTH ARE STILL IN THE COUNTY OF DORSET, many of us not wanting to be that's why we made ourselves County Boroughs instead of being made to do things by Dorchester !!![/p][/quote]...you can think what you like but for local government purposes you are not in Dorset. End of. Fact. Full stop. Period. Baysider
  • Score: 5

5:00pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Baysider says...

billy bumble wrote:
Baysider wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
billy bumble wrote:
Fresh water eh?

Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.
So what you are saying is that EVERY white middle aged man is racist??

That seems to be the definition of bigotry to me

Oh the irony
...and I don't even how to begin responding to that level of idiotically warped logic!
[quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination![/p][/quote]I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.[/p][/quote]So what you are saying is that EVERY white middle aged man is racist?? That seems to be the definition of bigotry to me Oh the irony[/p][/quote]...and I don't even how to begin responding to that level of idiotically warped logic! Baysider
  • Score: 3

5:02pm Wed 11 Jun 14

fedupwithjobsworths says...

The Liberal wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
Baysider wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
billy bumble wrote:
Fresh water eh?

Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.
It should not matter whether I am, black, white, middle class, working class, gay , straight, rich, poor or a traveller ,,,,,, the same laws and rules should apply to all. What is your problem with that?
As I have stated before, the laws do apply equally to everyone. There's nothing to stop anyone else doing what the travellers do. You could even use the temporary site if moved from an illegal encampment in Dorset. I'm not saying the rules are right, just that they apply to everyone. So the claims of racial discrimination are untrue.
The laws don't apply to everybody, when are travellers prosecuted for littering or for the damage they cause gaining illegal access? NEVER!!!
[quote][p][bold]The Liberal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination![/p][/quote]I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.[/p][/quote]It should not matter whether I am, black, white, middle class, working class, gay , straight, rich, poor or a traveller ,,,,,, the same laws and rules should apply to all. What is your problem with that?[/p][/quote]As I have stated before, the laws do apply equally to everyone. There's nothing to stop anyone else doing what the travellers do. You could even use the temporary site if moved from an illegal encampment in Dorset. I'm not saying the rules are right, just that they apply to everyone. So the claims of racial discrimination are untrue.[/p][/quote]The laws don't apply to everybody, when are travellers prosecuted for littering or for the damage they cause gaining illegal access? NEVER!!! fedupwithjobsworths
  • Score: 5

5:06pm Wed 11 Jun 14

MMM444 says...

Where's the sea views in Piddlehinton then ???, Aint going there, shove the site where the sun don't shine, More wasted tax payers money by the unemployable muppets in Dorchester
Where's the sea views in Piddlehinton then ???, Aint going there, shove the site where the sun don't shine, More wasted tax payers money by the unemployable muppets in Dorchester MMM444
  • Score: 0

5:24pm Wed 11 Jun 14

sunnybournemouth says...

Phixer wrote:
speedy231278 wrote:
I still fail to see why any local authority should be obliged to provide anything for this lot. If they can afford massive motorhomes and pickups, they can afford a pitch fee. They're allowed to break every rule in the book with impunity because some idiot made them an ethnic minority group rather than declare them a criminal organisation like the mafia.
Because its the law. If you don't like it, complain to your MP for the law to be changed. Have you complained to your MP?

Thought not.
MP's don't want to get involved as are worried about being seen as racists, so writing to them doesn't get you bery far.
On the other hand you can force them to debate it in the commons by signing the government petition at http://epetitions.di
rect.gov.uk/petition
s/61822

Obviously not enough people want the debate in the commons as only 74 people have signed it in 3 months so I doubt this will ever get changed. At least you get to keep moaning on here in the mean time.
[quote][p][bold]Phixer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: I still fail to see why any local authority should be obliged to provide anything for this lot. If they can afford massive motorhomes and pickups, they can afford a pitch fee. They're allowed to break every rule in the book with impunity because some idiot made them an ethnic minority group rather than declare them a criminal organisation like the mafia.[/p][/quote]Because its the law. If you don't like it, complain to your MP for the law to be changed. Have you complained to your MP? Thought not.[/p][/quote]MP's don't want to get involved as are worried about being seen as racists, so writing to them doesn't get you bery far. On the other hand you can force them to debate it in the commons by signing the government petition at http://epetitions.di rect.gov.uk/petition s/61822 Obviously not enough people want the debate in the commons as only 74 people have signed it in 3 months so I doubt this will ever get changed. At least you get to keep moaning on here in the mean time. sunnybournemouth
  • Score: 2

5:49pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Bob49 says...

DansAFCB wrote:
Baysider wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
billy bumble wrote:
Fresh water eh?

Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.
The scumbag gypsies are so protected by the law it makes me laugh, just look at what the OHEC put when commenting. They are nobodies and should have no rights until they start paying their way, which will never happen as they are thieving scum!

People forget they choose to live this way in their new vans/cars and motorhomes, they don't need charity. They come over here reap mayhem, steal from people, rip people off and we have do gooders still PROTECTING them. They should be treated like they treat us with no respect, like pieces of filthy sh*t and with the contempt they deserve!

fedupwithjobsworths is the right we are racially discriminated against in OUR own country, we have no rights at all yet every other race/scumbags have.

If you or I were too pull a gate down or a stump out of the ground and go onto public space with a caravan then the Police would be on us like a ton of bricks if we didn't speak with a cac**r/thieving accent, why? Because they are not scared of us, but they are of the scum!

It is about time our MP's stood up and spoke out rather than curtail behind this "Politically Correct" world! Grow a pair, all of you and do your jobs for the best of the people you represent not for the best of your personal future, there will be no future for any of us the way this country is going!!!!
dear me, what an idiot !

you claim that - "are so protected by the law"

then bleat out - "and we have do gooders still PROTECTING them"

err, that would be abiding by the law ....... something you complain that these people do no't do !

you further squeak about this Politicall Correct world - one where everyone is free to express their thoughts. Perhaps we should remove that facility.

Sadly these absurd rants only serve to hinder any serious attempt to get to grips with this problem. The law, as it stands, offers protection for a group of people termed Travellers, yet NOT ONCE has any body challenged or questioned who qualifies to be a Traveller, or what method is used to determine if a person is a Traveller.

Perhaps the Daily Echo could ask what checks they make, and do they apply the same rigour as they do in checking parking tickets, council tax payments or submitting their expenses on time.
[quote][p][bold]DansAFCB[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination![/p][/quote]I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.[/p][/quote]The scumbag gypsies are so protected by the law it makes me laugh, just look at what the OHEC put when commenting. They are nobodies and should have no rights until they start paying their way, which will never happen as they are thieving scum! People forget they choose to live this way in their new vans/cars and motorhomes, they don't need charity. They come over here reap mayhem, steal from people, rip people off and we have do gooders still PROTECTING them. They should be treated like they treat us with no respect, like pieces of filthy sh*t and with the contempt they deserve! fedupwithjobsworths is the right we are racially discriminated against in OUR own country, we have no rights at all yet every other race/scumbags have. If you or I were too pull a gate down or a stump out of the ground and go onto public space with a caravan then the Police would be on us like a ton of bricks if we didn't speak with a cac**r/thieving accent, why? Because they are not scared of us, but they are of the scum! It is about time our MP's stood up and spoke out rather than curtail behind this "Politically Correct" world! Grow a pair, all of you and do your jobs for the best of the people you represent not for the best of your personal future, there will be no future for any of us the way this country is going!!!![/p][/quote]dear me, what an idiot ! you claim that - "are so protected by the law" then bleat out - "and we have do gooders still PROTECTING them" err, that would be abiding by the law ....... something you complain that these people do no't do ! you further squeak about this Politicall Correct world - one where everyone is free to express their thoughts. Perhaps we should remove that facility. Sadly these absurd rants only serve to hinder any serious attempt to get to grips with this problem. The law, as it stands, offers protection for a group of people termed Travellers, yet NOT ONCE has any body challenged or questioned who qualifies to be a Traveller, or what method is used to determine if a person is a Traveller. Perhaps the Daily Echo could ask what checks they make, and do they apply the same rigour as they do in checking parking tickets, council tax payments or submitting their expenses on time. Bob49
  • Score: 4

7:11pm Wed 11 Jun 14

billy bumble says...

Baysider wrote:
billy bumble wrote:
Baysider wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
billy bumble wrote:
Fresh water eh?

Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.
So what you are saying is that EVERY white middle aged man is racist??

That seems to be the definition of bigotry to me

Oh the irony
...and I don't even how to begin responding to that level of idiotically warped logic!
Of course you don't - you don't have the brains
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination![/p][/quote]I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.[/p][/quote]So what you are saying is that EVERY white middle aged man is racist?? That seems to be the definition of bigotry to me Oh the irony[/p][/quote]...and I don't even how to begin responding to that level of idiotically warped logic![/p][/quote]Of course you don't - you don't have the brains billy bumble
  • Score: -4

7:46pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Baysider says...

billy bumble wrote:
Baysider wrote:
billy bumble wrote:
Baysider wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
billy bumble wrote:
Fresh water eh?

Why do I have to pay for mine then?
Its called racial discrimination!
I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.
So what you are saying is that EVERY white middle aged man is racist??

That seems to be the definition of bigotry to me

Oh the irony
...and I don't even how to begin responding to that level of idiotically warped logic!
Of course you don't - you don't have the brains
Oh crikey, are you Stephen Hawkins? No wait another Stephen...Stephen Fry? No hang on...er...you know that really clever bloke that invented the internet, Tim Bernerswhatshisface? No, he would be too heartbroken to see his invention populated by morons like yourself who extrapolate (look it up) that I'm stating EVERY white man is racist from a simple statement of fact - straight, middle aged, middle class, white, men are the very last group in our society to face any form of discrimination. Doesn't stop the cry babies blubbing otherwise though.
[quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billy bumble[/bold] wrote: Fresh water eh? Why do I have to pay for mine then?[/p][/quote]Its called racial discrimination![/p][/quote]I'm betting your white, middle aged and a man who's complaining about being racially discriminated against. The very definition of irony.[/p][/quote]So what you are saying is that EVERY white middle aged man is racist?? That seems to be the definition of bigotry to me Oh the irony[/p][/quote]...and I don't even how to begin responding to that level of idiotically warped logic![/p][/quote]Of course you don't - you don't have the brains[/p][/quote]Oh crikey, are you Stephen Hawkins? No wait another Stephen...Stephen Fry? No hang on...er...you know that really clever bloke that invented the internet, Tim Bernerswhatshisface? No, he would be too heartbroken to see his invention populated by morons like yourself who extrapolate (look it up) that I'm stating EVERY white man is racist from a simple statement of fact - straight, middle aged, middle class, white, men are the very last group in our society to face any form of discrimination. Doesn't stop the cry babies blubbing otherwise though. Baysider
  • Score: -4

8:29pm Wed 11 Jun 14

itsneverblackorwhite says...

dogsoftheworld wrote:
The beauty of the Piddlehinton site is that it is isolated and doesn't force incompatible cultures to share the same space, with the inevitable tension that brings.
Poole and Bornemouth just don't have enough space, and what they do have is needed for housing their own population and employment. At the end of the day you can't fit a quart into a pint pot. Government needs to recognise that and some very silly and very bossy Councilors need to recognise that have to look after the needs of their own residents first- all of them.
Or selling the land we do have for more unwanted cinemas, shops and restaurants!
[quote][p][bold]dogsoftheworld[/bold] wrote: The beauty of the Piddlehinton site is that it is isolated and doesn't force incompatible cultures to share the same space, with the inevitable tension that brings. Poole and Bornemouth just don't have enough space, and what they do have is needed for housing their own population and employment. At the end of the day you can't fit a quart into a pint pot. Government needs to recognise that and some very silly and very bossy Councilors need to recognise that have to look after the needs of their own residents first- all of them.[/p][/quote]Or selling the land we do have for more unwanted cinemas, shops and restaurants! itsneverblackorwhite
  • Score: 1

8:30pm Wed 11 Jun 14

itsneverblackorwhite says...

madras wrote:
So will anyone be able to pitch up at the new site for a free stay?
Of course you will as you cannot discriminate, I am sure you will be made most welcome!
[quote][p][bold]madras[/bold] wrote: So will anyone be able to pitch up at the new site for a free stay?[/p][/quote]Of course you will as you cannot discriminate, I am sure you will be made most welcome! itsneverblackorwhite
  • Score: 1

7:59am Thu 12 Jun 14

podgie says...

I am so glad the echo has put in the legal rider about not upsetting this group of society.Well done V politically correct.
I cant see why everyone to is so positively beastly to Romany gypsies and Irish travelers
I wont have any generalizations,
I for one don't understand people who make out they are a group of freeloading criminal scumbags,who take everything contribute nothing and leave rubbish everywhere,sticking two fingers up to the whole of society ,who they want to foot the bill for everything.If I find anyone suggesting such a thing I will be very upset.
I have been looking into my tea leaves and it says that in the area of the new site local businesses will experience severe stock shrinkage.(Do i qualify for free accommodation by the council???)
I am so glad the echo has put in the legal rider about not upsetting this group of society.Well done V politically correct. I cant see why everyone to is so positively beastly to Romany gypsies and Irish travelers I wont have any generalizations, I for one don't understand people who make out they are a group of freeloading criminal scumbags,who take everything contribute nothing and leave rubbish everywhere,sticking two fingers up to the whole of society ,who they want to foot the bill for everything.If I find anyone suggesting such a thing I will be very upset. I have been looking into my tea leaves and it says that in the area of the new site local businesses will experience severe stock shrinkage.(Do i qualify for free accommodation by the council???) podgie
  • Score: 0

12:25am Fri 13 Jun 14

MrPitiful says...

Whilst you are all squabbling over whether they should/shouldn't have their own little bit of England, a nice new encampment has sprouted up elsewhere.

Now let's see - Here are some clues! - If I had a £50k motorhome, the Summer weather had finally decided to show it's face and I wanted a superb sea view, access to the beach and all of Bournemouth's local amenities, right in the town centre, where would I go?

Right behind the BIC on the slope leading down to the aquarium! That's where. A great spot for the last few days and for the foreseeable!

I would also tell about half a dozen of my mates too. The daft council didn't "lockdown" this little gem and now the "security" man has turned up it's still no problem. Snarl at him or slip him a score and he will open the gate for us.

A pint in our new local, Aruba, anyone?

Jus' sayin'.
Whilst you are all squabbling over whether they should/shouldn't have their own little bit of England, a nice new encampment has sprouted up elsewhere. Now let's see - Here are some clues! - If I had a £50k motorhome, the Summer weather had finally decided to show it's face and I wanted a superb sea view, access to the beach and all of Bournemouth's local amenities, right in the town centre, where would I go? Right behind the BIC on the slope leading down to the aquarium! That's where. A great spot for the last few days and for the foreseeable! I would also tell about half a dozen of my mates too. The daft council didn't "lockdown" this little gem and now the "security" man has turned up it's still no problem. Snarl at him or slip him a score and he will open the gate for us. A pint in our new local, Aruba, anyone? Jus' sayin'. MrPitiful
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree