When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Two weeks left for Boscombe residents to snap up “affordable eco home”
BOSCOMBE residents have just two weeks left to snap up an “affordable eco home” that comes with a community orchard and the use of an electric car.
The Gladstone Mews development, currently being built in Gladstone Road, Boscombe, is being offered on a shared ownership basis to Boscombe residents only between June 2 and June 22.
After that, the homes will be opened up to residents of East Cliff and Springbourne, Littledown and Iford and West Southbourne for an additional three weeks and, if still available after that, they will be offered to residents across the whole of Bournemouth and finally across the whole of Dorset.
Councillor Jane Kelly, Cabinet Member for Partnerships and Regeneration, inset, said: “It’s fantastic to see the new Gladstone Mews housing scheme taking shape and that we are now in a position to offer the opportunity for local people to buy a house that is affordable.
“Providing more good quality housing in Boscombe is a high priority for this council and the Boscombe Regeneration Partner-ship and it will help to redress the balance of the over-supply of private-sector rented homes and encourage more people to own their own home in Boscombe.”
According to Bournemouth 2026’s website, the homes will range in price from £180,000 for a two-bedroom mid-terrace to £235,000 for a three-bedroom detached property.
Applicants will have to get a mortgage for 65 per cent of the sale price and then pay rent on the remaining 35 per cent.
This monthly rental payment will be between £100.80 and £134.40.
All houses have their own garden and residents also have use of a community orchard and growing space. All the properties also have solar PV panels, water butts, excellent insulation and efficient gas boilers.
A Co-Wheels Car Club electric car will be available on site, along with a high-speed electric vehicle charger that can take up to three vehicles at a time.
The Gladstone Mews develop-ment has been built on the former BCCA site.
The development also includes a new creative hub called ‘The Old School House By The Sea.”
Information on how to apply for a property is available at www.bournemouth2026.org.uk
Comments are closed on this article.