Project director of Navitus Bay says wind farm would have significant boost on local economy after councillors oppose proposal

Bournemouth Echo: DIVISIVE: Navitus Bay has split opinions locally DIVISIVE: Navitus Bay has split opinions locally

THE company behind the proposed wind farm off the Dorset coast has expressed “disappointment” at the opposition from Poole Conservative councillors and Dorset County Council.

In reply Mike Unsworth, project director at Navitus Bay has pointed up the benefits the £3billion project would bring.

“We are disappointed at the stance taken by Dorset County Council and the Conservative councillors of the Borough of Poole on the proposed wind park,” he said.

“Polls conducted for Navitus Bay by independent researchers, combined with our own experience of talking to local residents, indicate majority support for the project and wind energy more generally across Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.

“If the wind park is given planning permission, it will not only make an important contribution to renewable energy production in the UK, it will also have a significant positive impact on the local economy.

“According to latest independent projections, peak construction years could support a minimum of 1,700 jobs.

“The wind park’s operations and maintenance (O&M) base – for which Poole, Portland and Yarmouth Harbours have been shortlisted as hosts – is expected to support 140 jobs annually.

“The O&M base alone is expected to provide an economic value to the region of £590 million over the 25-year lifespan of the project.

“We would urge local residents and organisations who want to see these benefits realised across the region to register their views with the Planning Inspectorate.”

Poole’s 19-strong Conservative group has issued a statement unanimously opposing the wind farm, stating that to “place an inefficient industrial complex” in an area of outstanding natural beauty “offends common sense”.

Dorset County Council’s cabinet upheld the planning committee’s opposition to the application in its current form.

There were fears it could produce as little as 20 to 30 per cent of the one gigawatt estimated output quoted in the original application.

Comments (21)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:14pm Sat 7 Jun 14

billy bumble says...

The Echo employee who wrote this headline can't even use proper English

Very poor standard of "journalism"
The Echo employee who wrote this headline can't even use proper English Very poor standard of "journalism" billy bumble
  • Score: 3

1:02pm Sat 7 Jun 14

twynham says...

Plus an even bigger boost for the French and Dutch economies.

Strange no mention of loss of tourism revenue if we lose World Heritage Site status.

And exactly how much of a contribution to renewable energy production in the UK and for how long?
Plus an even bigger boost for the French and Dutch economies. Strange no mention of loss of tourism revenue if we lose World Heritage Site status. And exactly how much of a contribution to renewable energy production in the UK and for how long? twynham
  • Score: -15

2:20pm Sat 7 Jun 14

coster says...

And again no mention of the effects from the landfall development. From Barton on Sea across the New Forest and several main roads, a 22 Mile 200 foot wide trench, to contain the imported cabling in order to connect to the network.
And again no mention of the effects from the landfall development. From Barton on Sea across the New Forest and several main roads, a 22 Mile 200 foot wide trench, to contain the imported cabling in order to connect to the network. coster
  • Score: -14

3:35pm Sat 7 Jun 14

rubberbandman5 says...

I don't believe a word of it Mike, hope yours is one of the jobs to go.
I don't believe a word of it Mike, hope yours is one of the jobs to go. rubberbandman5
  • Score: 7

4:26pm Sat 7 Jun 14

Ophilum says...

Well known fact for every green job you lose 2, it,s called smoke and windmills.
Well known fact for every green job you lose 2, it,s called smoke and windmills. Ophilum
  • Score: -14

4:28pm Sat 7 Jun 14

kalebmoledirt says...

coster wrote:
And again no mention of the effects from the landfall development. From Barton on Sea across the New Forest and several main roads, a 22 Mile 200 foot wide trench, to contain the imported cabling in order to connect to the network.
They ran a pipe line from Whytch farm to Fawley .similar project who remembers that No one noticed
[quote][p][bold]coster[/bold] wrote: And again no mention of the effects from the landfall development. From Barton on Sea across the New Forest and several main roads, a 22 Mile 200 foot wide trench, to contain the imported cabling in order to connect to the network.[/p][/quote]They ran a pipe line from Whytch farm to Fawley .similar project who remembers that No one noticed kalebmoledirt
  • Score: 21

4:38pm Sat 7 Jun 14

kalebmoledirt says...

Can you see the Barflur when it is 13miles off shore ?can you hear it ? Does it kill fish ? Scare highly agile spaciously aware sea birds by crashing in to them?Did the dull horizon suddenly get ugly because a large ship was passing threatening the coasts special status ?NO get on And build it. the jumped council are in no.position to stop it ,move on
Can you see the Barflur when it is 13miles off shore ?can you hear it ? Does it kill fish ? Scare highly agile spaciously aware sea birds by crashing in to them?Did the dull horizon suddenly get ugly because a large ship was passing threatening the coasts special status ?NO get on And build it. the jumped council are in no.position to stop it ,move on kalebmoledirt
  • Score: 20

5:19pm Sat 7 Jun 14

twynham says...

kalebmoledirt wrote:
Can you see the Barflur when it is 13miles off shore ?can you hear it ? Does it kill fish ? Scare highly agile spaciously aware sea birds by crashing in to them?Did the dull horizon suddenly get ugly because a large ship was passing threatening the coasts special status ?NO get on And build it. the jumped council are in no.position to stop it ,move on
Assuming you mean the Barfleur, it is not the size of Manchester!
[quote][p][bold]kalebmoledirt[/bold] wrote: Can you see the Barflur when it is 13miles off shore ?can you hear it ? Does it kill fish ? Scare highly agile spaciously aware sea birds by crashing in to them?Did the dull horizon suddenly get ugly because a large ship was passing threatening the coasts special status ?NO get on And build it. the jumped council are in no.position to stop it ,move on[/p][/quote]Assuming you mean the Barfleur, it is not the size of Manchester! twynham
  • Score: -16

7:06pm Sat 7 Jun 14

Ophilum says...

Say no to wind farm subsidies, why should we pay for these white elephants that serve only the religion of global warming,or storming,or flooding, or cooling or whatever they think up next to blame us for and try to scare us with. Rob poor peter to pay rich Paul.
Say no to wind farm subsidies, why should we pay for these white elephants that serve only the religion of global warming,or storming,or flooding, or cooling or whatever they think up next to blame us for and try to scare us with. Rob poor peter to pay rich Paul. Ophilum
  • Score: -3

10:51pm Sat 7 Jun 14

kalebmoledirt says...

twynham wrote:
kalebmoledirt wrote:
Can you see the Barflur when it is 13miles off shore ?can you hear it ? Does it kill fish ? Scare highly agile spaciously aware sea birds by crashing in to them?Did the dull horizon suddenly get ugly because a large ship was passing threatening the coasts special status ?NO get on And build it. the jumped council are in no.position to stop it ,move on
Assuming you mean the Barfleur, it is not the size of Manchester!
A random scattering of camouflaged towers bares little resemblance to a concerite city but a typical comparison put forward by the objectors .we have yet to hear about the smell it gives off but it will come up just watch
[quote][p][bold]twynham[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kalebmoledirt[/bold] wrote: Can you see the Barflur when it is 13miles off shore ?can you hear it ? Does it kill fish ? Scare highly agile spaciously aware sea birds by crashing in to them?Did the dull horizon suddenly get ugly because a large ship was passing threatening the coasts special status ?NO get on And build it. the jumped council are in no.position to stop it ,move on[/p][/quote]Assuming you mean the Barfleur, it is not the size of Manchester![/p][/quote]A random scattering of camouflaged towers bares little resemblance to a concerite city but a typical comparison put forward by the objectors .we have yet to hear about the smell it gives off but it will come up just watch kalebmoledirt
  • Score: 8

10:01am Sun 8 Jun 14

Ophilum says...

The green loons are on the band wagon of thumbs up for there views this tells you what they are like as far as twisting the facts are concerned, green = red, like watermelons they do not like facts that are proved it a fends there religion.
The green loons are on the band wagon of thumbs up for there views this tells you what they are like as far as twisting the facts are concerned, green = red, like watermelons they do not like facts that are proved it a fends there religion. Ophilum
  • Score: 0

12:56pm Sun 8 Jun 14

yet_another_one says...

Ophilum wrote:
The green loons are on the band wagon of thumbs up for there views this tells you what they are like as far as twisting the facts are concerned, green = red, like watermelons they do not like facts that are proved it a fends there religion.
Billy Bumble wrote about English grammar & spelling - may I suggest your check on yours.
The response just goes to prove what a load of NIMBY's the Councillors & most locals of this area really are - for goodness sake, Navitus Bay should be applauded for their effort & those responsible for financing are shaming those in the UK for not supporting or even grasping the opportunities to significantly contribute to resolving future energy shortages.
Di I take it all you NIMBY's will be first in line to complain when the lights start going out & heating systems fail during cold snaps.
The FACTS are :-
1. the wind turbines will be so far off shore they will hardly be visible & any noise generated will be not noticeable - UNESCO are wrong in denying the Jurassic Coast area of the recognition it deserves.
2. Even if they only run at 30% of capacity, that is a 30% benefit we would be denied if the wind farm is not given the go ahead - they have done the calculations & I can only assume they are happy with their findings,
3. kalebmoledirt is correct, nobody noticed the prolonged installation of the pipeline which ran from Wytch Farm to Fawley & the benefit of that is clearly enjoyed by all - otherwise, our roads would've been more congested by tankers transporting the crude oil produced.
Come on - I call on all to support something worthwhile for the long term benefit.
[quote][p][bold]Ophilum[/bold] wrote: The green loons are on the band wagon of thumbs up for there views this tells you what they are like as far as twisting the facts are concerned, green = red, like watermelons they do not like facts that are proved it a fends there religion.[/p][/quote]Billy Bumble wrote about English grammar & spelling - may I suggest your check on yours. The response just goes to prove what a load of NIMBY's the Councillors & most locals of this area really are - for goodness sake, Navitus Bay should be applauded for their effort & those responsible for financing are shaming those in the UK for not supporting or even grasping the opportunities to significantly contribute to resolving future energy shortages. Di I take it all you NIMBY's will be first in line to complain when the lights start going out & heating systems fail during cold snaps. The FACTS are :- 1. the wind turbines will be so far off shore they will hardly be visible & any noise generated will be not noticeable - UNESCO are wrong in denying the Jurassic Coast area of the recognition it deserves. 2. Even if they only run at 30% of capacity, that is a 30% benefit we would be denied if the wind farm is not given the go ahead - they have done the calculations & I can only assume they are happy with their findings, 3. kalebmoledirt is correct, nobody noticed the prolonged installation of the pipeline which ran from Wytch Farm to Fawley & the benefit of that is clearly enjoyed by all - otherwise, our roads would've been more congested by tankers transporting the crude oil produced. Come on - I call on all to support something worthwhile for the long term benefit. yet_another_one
  • Score: 0

12:59pm Sun 8 Jun 14

yet_another_one says...

kalebmoledirt wrote:
twynham wrote:
kalebmoledirt wrote:
Can you see the Barflur when it is 13miles off shore ?can you hear it ? Does it kill fish ? Scare highly agile spaciously aware sea birds by crashing in to them?Did the dull horizon suddenly get ugly because a large ship was passing threatening the coasts special status ?NO get on And build it. the jumped council are in no.position to stop it ,move on
Assuming you mean the Barfleur, it is not the size of Manchester!
A random scattering of camouflaged towers bares little resemblance to a concerite city but a typical comparison put forward by the objectors .we have yet to hear about the smell it gives off but it will come up just watch
What smell ???
[quote][p][bold]kalebmoledirt[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]twynham[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kalebmoledirt[/bold] wrote: Can you see the Barflur when it is 13miles off shore ?can you hear it ? Does it kill fish ? Scare highly agile spaciously aware sea birds by crashing in to them?Did the dull horizon suddenly get ugly because a large ship was passing threatening the coasts special status ?NO get on And build it. the jumped council are in no.position to stop it ,move on[/p][/quote]Assuming you mean the Barfleur, it is not the size of Manchester![/p][/quote]A random scattering of camouflaged towers bares little resemblance to a concerite city but a typical comparison put forward by the objectors .we have yet to hear about the smell it gives off but it will come up just watch[/p][/quote]What smell ??? yet_another_one
  • Score: 0

1:02pm Sun 8 Jun 14

yet_another_one says...

Ophilum wrote:
Say no to wind farm subsidies, why should we pay for these white elephants that serve only the religion of global warming,or storming,or flooding, or cooling or whatever they think up next to blame us for and try to scare us with. Rob poor peter to pay rich Paul.
You really do talk a load of c**p but are entitled to your own opinions of course.
[quote][p][bold]Ophilum[/bold] wrote: Say no to wind farm subsidies, why should we pay for these white elephants that serve only the religion of global warming,or storming,or flooding, or cooling or whatever they think up next to blame us for and try to scare us with. Rob poor peter to pay rich Paul.[/p][/quote]You really do talk a load of c**p but are entitled to your own opinions of course. yet_another_one
  • Score: 0

1:58pm Sun 8 Jun 14

yet_another_one says...

yet_another_one wrote:
Ophilum wrote:
The green loons are on the band wagon of thumbs up for there views this tells you what they are like as far as twisting the facts are concerned, green = red, like watermelons they do not like facts that are proved it a fends there religion.
Billy Bumble wrote about English grammar & spelling - may I suggest your check on yours.
The response just goes to prove what a load of NIMBY's the Councillors & most locals of this area really are - for goodness sake, Navitus Bay should be applauded for their effort & those responsible for financing are shaming those in the UK for not supporting or even grasping the opportunities to significantly contribute to resolving future energy shortages.
Di I take it all you NIMBY's will be first in line to complain when the lights start going out & heating systems fail during cold snaps.
The FACTS are :-
1. the wind turbines will be so far off shore they will hardly be visible & any noise generated will be not noticeable - UNESCO are wrong in denying the Jurassic Coast area of the recognition it deserves.
2. Even if they only run at 30% of capacity, that is a 30% benefit we would be denied if the wind farm is not given the go ahead - they have done the calculations & I can only assume they are happy with their findings,
3. kalebmoledirt is correct, nobody noticed the prolonged installation of the pipeline which ran from Wytch Farm to Fawley & the benefit of that is clearly enjoyed by all - otherwise, our roads would've been more congested by tankers transporting the crude oil produced.
Come on - I call on all to support something worthwhile for the long term benefit.
Further, we & FRACKING posesa much bigger concern to the Jurassic Coast, not Navitus Bay.
[quote][p][bold]yet_another_one[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ophilum[/bold] wrote: The green loons are on the band wagon of thumbs up for there views this tells you what they are like as far as twisting the facts are concerned, green = red, like watermelons they do not like facts that are proved it a fends there religion.[/p][/quote]Billy Bumble wrote about English grammar & spelling - may I suggest your check on yours. The response just goes to prove what a load of NIMBY's the Councillors & most locals of this area really are - for goodness sake, Navitus Bay should be applauded for their effort & those responsible for financing are shaming those in the UK for not supporting or even grasping the opportunities to significantly contribute to resolving future energy shortages. Di I take it all you NIMBY's will be first in line to complain when the lights start going out & heating systems fail during cold snaps. The FACTS are :- 1. the wind turbines will be so far off shore they will hardly be visible & any noise generated will be not noticeable - UNESCO are wrong in denying the Jurassic Coast area of the recognition it deserves. 2. Even if they only run at 30% of capacity, that is a 30% benefit we would be denied if the wind farm is not given the go ahead - they have done the calculations & I can only assume they are happy with their findings, 3. kalebmoledirt is correct, nobody noticed the prolonged installation of the pipeline which ran from Wytch Farm to Fawley & the benefit of that is clearly enjoyed by all - otherwise, our roads would've been more congested by tankers transporting the crude oil produced. Come on - I call on all to support something worthwhile for the long term benefit.[/p][/quote]Further, we & FRACKING posesa much bigger concern to the Jurassic Coast, not Navitus Bay. yet_another_one
  • Score: -2

2:44pm Sun 8 Jun 14

Ophilum says...

Yet another one... And you say you are the intelligent one, You need to do some research on the global warming scam and wind turbines, if your religion will let you. No subsidies on wind turbines , if they are so green and work so well let then support themselves without our money.
Yet another one... And you say you are the intelligent one, You need to do some research on the global warming scam and wind turbines, if your religion will let you. No subsidies on wind turbines , if they are so green and work so well let then support themselves without our money. Ophilum
  • Score: 1

3:54pm Sun 8 Jun 14

Ophilum says...

kalebmoledirt said.... The pipeline from wytch farm was for oil and still is working thanks to hydraulic fracturing under the sea and has been a boon for the economy,you would not know it,s there Now, As for so called green power produced by wind farms at sea all i can see is a bloody great bill for years and years and years and years. If it is so good then let them pay for it out of there own profits like wytch farm had to Not by us all through ridiculously high electric bills,as for this total rubbish talked by a few public school boys with greed in their hearts and lying through there teeth about jobs as Victor Meldrew said i don,t believe it. Wind farms are not sustainable.
kalebmoledirt said.... The pipeline from wytch farm was for oil and still is working thanks to hydraulic fracturing under the sea and has been a boon for the economy,you would not know it,s there Now, As for so called green power produced by wind farms at sea all i can see is a bloody great bill for years and years and years and years. If it is so good then let them pay for it out of there own profits like wytch farm had to Not by us all through ridiculously high electric bills,as for this total rubbish talked by a few public school boys with greed in their hearts and lying through there teeth about jobs as Victor Meldrew said i don,t believe it. Wind farms are not sustainable. Ophilum
  • Score: 4

8:36pm Sun 8 Jun 14

Glashen says...

Being a sceptic about Navitus Bay I thought I would look at it from the "green" POV to see if maybe they had a point. Drax our biggest coal fired power station is responsible for putting approx 25 million tonnes of co2 into the atmosphere, so presumably this project will cut massively into that figure after all Drax is a big power station but compared to the co2 emissions from China and world wide it is still tiny. It turns out however that on Navitus bays own figures that it may reduce co2 emissions by 1.29 million tonnes, around 5% of the Drax total. Why bother for such a small reduction in the world wide totals it couldn't be because it pleases certain gullible people and looks green could it.
Being a sceptic about Navitus Bay I thought I would look at it from the "green" POV to see if maybe they had a point. Drax our biggest coal fired power station is responsible for putting approx 25 million tonnes of co2 into the atmosphere, so presumably this project will cut massively into that figure after all Drax is a big power station but compared to the co2 emissions from China and world wide it is still tiny. It turns out however that on Navitus bays own figures that it may reduce co2 emissions by 1.29 million tonnes, around 5% of the Drax total. Why bother for such a small reduction in the world wide totals it couldn't be because it pleases certain gullible people and looks green could it. Glashen
  • Score: 3

10:24pm Sun 8 Jun 14

Yankee1 says...

I have a suggestion:

Navitus agrees, in order to receive permission to build, to subsidise the power bills of every resident/business affected by it by ... 10%? 20% ? 30% ?...in real terms, adjusted for cost of living increases, as long as those windmills are there.

Seems fair, what? That is putting money where its mouth is.
I have a suggestion: Navitus agrees, in order to receive permission to build, to subsidise the power bills of every resident/business affected by it by ... 10%? 20% ? 30% ?...in real terms, adjusted for cost of living increases, as long as those windmills are there. Seems fair, what? That is putting money where its mouth is. Yankee1
  • Score: 0

1:44pm Mon 9 Jun 14

Ophilum says...

yet_another_one wrote:
Ophilum wrote:
The green loons are on the band wagon of thumbs up for there views this tells you what they are like as far as twisting the facts are concerned, green = red, like watermelons they do not like facts that are proved it a fends there religion.
Billy Bumble wrote about English grammar & spelling - may I suggest your check on yours.
The response just goes to prove what a load of NIMBY's the Councillors & most locals of this area really are - for goodness sake, Navitus Bay should be applauded for their effort & those responsible for financing are shaming those in the UK for not supporting or even grasping the opportunities to significantly contribute to resolving future energy shortages.
Di I take it all you NIMBY's will be first in line to complain when the lights start going out & heating systems fail during cold snaps.
The FACTS are :-
1. the wind turbines will be so far off shore they will hardly be visible & any noise generated will be not noticeable - UNESCO are wrong in denying the Jurassic Coast area of the recognition it deserves.
2. Even if they only run at 30% of capacity, that is a 30% benefit we would be denied if the wind farm is not given the go ahead - they have done the calculations & I can only assume they are happy with their findings,
3. kalebmoledirt is correct, nobody noticed the prolonged installation of the pipeline which ran from Wytch Farm to Fawley & the benefit of that is clearly enjoyed by all - otherwise, our roads would've been more congested by tankers transporting the crude oil produced.
Come on - I call on all to support something worthwhile for the long term benefit.
You really do talk a lot of green hog wash.
As you say we are untitled to our opinion, does that mean at the moment, until the lefty greens get in then we may look at you opinions in a different light. Say no to subsidies on wind turbines.
[quote][p][bold]yet_another_one[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ophilum[/bold] wrote: The green loons are on the band wagon of thumbs up for there views this tells you what they are like as far as twisting the facts are concerned, green = red, like watermelons they do not like facts that are proved it a fends there religion.[/p][/quote]Billy Bumble wrote about English grammar & spelling - may I suggest your check on yours. The response just goes to prove what a load of NIMBY's the Councillors & most locals of this area really are - for goodness sake, Navitus Bay should be applauded for their effort & those responsible for financing are shaming those in the UK for not supporting or even grasping the opportunities to significantly contribute to resolving future energy shortages. Di I take it all you NIMBY's will be first in line to complain when the lights start going out & heating systems fail during cold snaps. The FACTS are :- 1. the wind turbines will be so far off shore they will hardly be visible & any noise generated will be not noticeable - UNESCO are wrong in denying the Jurassic Coast area of the recognition it deserves. 2. Even if they only run at 30% of capacity, that is a 30% benefit we would be denied if the wind farm is not given the go ahead - they have done the calculations & I can only assume they are happy with their findings, 3. kalebmoledirt is correct, nobody noticed the prolonged installation of the pipeline which ran from Wytch Farm to Fawley & the benefit of that is clearly enjoyed by all - otherwise, our roads would've been more congested by tankers transporting the crude oil produced. Come on - I call on all to support something worthwhile for the long term benefit.[/p][/quote]You really do talk a lot of green hog wash. As you say we are untitled to our opinion, does that mean at the moment, until the lefty greens get in then we may look at you opinions in a different light. Say no to subsidies on wind turbines. Ophilum
  • Score: 2

2:03pm Tue 10 Jun 14

yet_another_one says...

Ophilum wrote:
yet_another_one wrote:
Ophilum wrote:
The green loons are on the band wagon of thumbs up for there views this tells you what they are like as far as twisting the facts are concerned, green = red, like watermelons they do not like facts that are proved it a fends there religion.
Billy Bumble wrote about English grammar & spelling - may I suggest your check on yours.
The response just goes to prove what a load of NIMBY's the Councillors & most locals of this area really are - for goodness sake, Navitus Bay should be applauded for their effort & those responsible for financing are shaming those in the UK for not supporting or even grasping the opportunities to significantly contribute to resolving future energy shortages.
Di I take it all you NIMBY's will be first in line to complain when the lights start going out & heating systems fail during cold snaps.
The FACTS are :-
1. the wind turbines will be so far off shore they will hardly be visible & any noise generated will be not noticeable - UNESCO are wrong in denying the Jurassic Coast area of the recognition it deserves.
2. Even if they only run at 30% of capacity, that is a 30% benefit we would be denied if the wind farm is not given the go ahead - they have done the calculations & I can only assume they are happy with their findings,
3. kalebmoledirt is correct, nobody noticed the prolonged installation of the pipeline which ran from Wytch Farm to Fawley & the benefit of that is clearly enjoyed by all - otherwise, our roads would've been more congested by tankers transporting the crude oil produced.
Come on - I call on all to support something worthwhile for the long term benefit.
You really do talk a lot of green hog wash.
As you say we are untitled to our opinion, does that mean at the moment, until the lefty greens get in then we may look at you opinions in a different light. Say no to subsidies on wind turbines.
Funny that, I can only hear the NIMBY's going on about subsidies for wind turbines.
Do I take it you are all for subsidies to French farmers, albeit from the EU ?
[quote][p][bold]Ophilum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]yet_another_one[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ophilum[/bold] wrote: The green loons are on the band wagon of thumbs up for there views this tells you what they are like as far as twisting the facts are concerned, green = red, like watermelons they do not like facts that are proved it a fends there religion.[/p][/quote]Billy Bumble wrote about English grammar & spelling - may I suggest your check on yours. The response just goes to prove what a load of NIMBY's the Councillors & most locals of this area really are - for goodness sake, Navitus Bay should be applauded for their effort & those responsible for financing are shaming those in the UK for not supporting or even grasping the opportunities to significantly contribute to resolving future energy shortages. Di I take it all you NIMBY's will be first in line to complain when the lights start going out & heating systems fail during cold snaps. The FACTS are :- 1. the wind turbines will be so far off shore they will hardly be visible & any noise generated will be not noticeable - UNESCO are wrong in denying the Jurassic Coast area of the recognition it deserves. 2. Even if they only run at 30% of capacity, that is a 30% benefit we would be denied if the wind farm is not given the go ahead - they have done the calculations & I can only assume they are happy with their findings, 3. kalebmoledirt is correct, nobody noticed the prolonged installation of the pipeline which ran from Wytch Farm to Fawley & the benefit of that is clearly enjoyed by all - otherwise, our roads would've been more congested by tankers transporting the crude oil produced. Come on - I call on all to support something worthwhile for the long term benefit.[/p][/quote]You really do talk a lot of green hog wash. As you say we are untitled to our opinion, does that mean at the moment, until the lefty greens get in then we may look at you opinions in a different light. Say no to subsidies on wind turbines.[/p][/quote]Funny that, I can only hear the NIMBY's going on about subsidies for wind turbines. Do I take it you are all for subsidies to French farmers, albeit from the EU ? yet_another_one
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree