Bournemouth EchoBonfire gets out of control after 'accelerant' is used (From Bournemouth Echo)

When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.

Fire crews attend out of control bonfire in Swanage after 'accelerant' is used

Bournemouth Echo: Bonfire gets out of control after 'accelerant' is used Bonfire gets out of control after 'accelerant' is used

FIREFIGHTERS attended a bonfire which had grown out of control on to a neighbouring building on Victoria Avenue Industrial Estate in Swanage yesterday morning.

Crews from Swanage Fire Station extinguished the blaze which involved a quantity of wood and stored plastics using a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera, which had spread to a nearby building involving panels and guttering.

An accelerant had been placed on some embers to reignite the fire, which Dorset Fire and Rescue Service advises against due to the unpredictable nature of fires involving accelerants such as petrol.

The cause is believed to have been accidental and the damage sustained included approximately 10 square metres of wooden panelling, six-metres of plastic guttering, and a quantity of rubbish which was destroyed.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:29pm Wed 7 May 14

Yankee1 says...

Send the bill to those who caused this fire.
Send the bill to those who caused this fire. Yankee1
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree