Bournemouth EchoFire fighters attend cooker fire in Highcliffe (From Bournemouth Echo)

When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.

Fire fighters attend cooker fire in Highcliffe

Bournemouth Echo: Fire fighters attend cooker fire in Highcliffe Fire fighters attend cooker fire in Highcliffe

FIRE FIGHTERS attended a cooker fire at a property in Highcliffe this afternoon.

A call was made to Dorset Fire and Rescue Service at around 1pm with reports of a cooker fire at a bungalow on Rowan Drive, leading to crews being dispatched from Christchurch and New Milton Fire Stations.

The blaze was out on arrival and is believed to have been caused by unattended food left under the grill, which led to a small amount of smoke damage in the kitchen.

A spokesperson for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service reminded residents not to leave cooking unattended and advised that cookers are switched off on the appliance and also at the wall socket as a precaution, after use.

 

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:52pm Sat 22 Feb 14

hooplaa says...

Blaze... dont you mean flame? Another **** story from the best!
Blaze... dont you mean flame? Another **** story from the best! hooplaa
  • Score: 1

8:47am Sun 23 Feb 14

live-and-let-live says...

someone burnt the toast.
someone burnt the toast. live-and-let-live
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree