LiveDorset residents wake up to a wet and windy morning after tail-end of Hurricane Bertha reaches UK

First published in News
Last updated

This live event has finished

Summary

  • Forecaster warns of potential for surface flooding
  • Also a risk of large waves and spray
  • Live weather, traffic and travel as the storm moves across the UK

6:19pm

Thank you for reading the updates today - we hope you have a lovely, rain-free evening

6:16pm

We'll be closing the blog shortly, but make sure you keep an eye out for tonight's supermoon. Apparently, Dorset is one of the best places in the UK to see the lunar spectacle 

5:19pm

Warning for anyone in the west of the county this evening:
 

5:09pm

4:36pm

4:04pm

Not weather-related, but if you know this dog's owner, please contact the coffee shop!
 

4:02pm

3:31pm

3:05pm

And more bad news for rail passengers:
 

3:03pm

Bad news for anyone hoping to catch a train to Weymouth today:
 

3:01pm

12:55pm

12:41pm

Looking pretty gorgeous out there now!
 

12:10pm

12:09pm

However, this tweet from Mudeford Sailing Club says the storm seems to have passed by now, and the sun is definitely out in Bournemouth now:
 

12:08pm

The Met Office has just issued a yellow warning for wind in the conurbation until 8pm tonight.

This is the official caution:

"Winds have already picked up across Cornwall, and a swathe of strengthening westerly winds will extend its way northeastwards across many other central and southern parts of England and Wales through today.

"Gusts of 40-50 mph are possible inland, perhaps as high as 60 mph in some exposed coastal locations. The public should be aware of the potential for some minor disruption and difficult driving conditions given the unseasonably strong winds. Wind speeds will tend to moderate from the southwest later this afternoon and evening.

"A deepening area of low pressure will track northeastwards across England and Wales today, with strong winds developing on its southern flank. Coastal areas will tend to be windiest but some strong gusts are also likely inland, especially in association with showers."

12:05pm

11:59am

11:52am

11:52am

11:37am

11:37am

Barrack Road in Christchurch is blocked both ways between the High Street and Stour Road because of a fallen tree.

One lane is currently closed and traffic is slow in the area. 

Police and officials from the local authority are at the scene but the tree is too large to be dealt with by crews, and a specialist tree surgeon is on the way.

10:55am

Looking much better outside now - let's hope that's it for the day!

10:53am

10:28am

I'm told the weather is getting much better in the Weymouth area, so fingers crossed it's coming our way soon!

10:28am

10:23am

A traditional family fun day in Poole Park has been cancelled because of the bad weather.

The day would have featured egg and spoon and sack races to raise funds for charity Epilepsy Action.

However, organiser Holly Murray said she hopes the event can be rescheduled for September.

10:15am

It sounds like all lanes on the M3 between J12 and J11 northbound have been reopened, but there's still a lot of traffic in the area

10:08am

We've spoken to Dorset Fire and Rescue Service, who say they're not currently out on any incidents relating to the bad weather.

That's great news and we hope everyone stays safe!

10:04am

10:03am Sun 10 Aug 14

FerryFan says

....Wonder what life ono board Barfleur is like, she's pootling on out to Cherbourg....

Condors are out too today.

Happy sailings!!!

10:03am

Here's a bit more information on the crash currently causing delays on the M3 -

TWO lanes of the M3 in Hampshire have been closed following an accident.

Two vehicles collided on the motorway's northbound carriageway, between junctions 13 for Eastleigh and 12 for Eastleigh North.

Police have closed the outside and middle lanes of the motorway while they clear the scene, and delays are expected for motorists as a result.

10:01am

9:52am

Kerri Cavendish has sent us this photograph of the "calm before the storm" in Blandford:

Bournemouth Echo:

9:49am

M3 blocked and queueing traffic northbound between J12 (Eastleigh) and J11 (Winchester South) because of a collision:
 

9:47am

9:45am

Off on your holidays today? Be sure to check travel information before you leave!
 

9:44am

9:43am

9:43am

9:41am

9:40am

9:39am

9:39am

9:38am

9:37am

9:36am

9:34am

9:32am

8:27am Sun 10 Aug 14

kerri11 says

Not much going on in Charlton Marshall atm. Got some wind and no rain. Bit confused as it says hurricane and not a sign of anything yet. Just a normal winters day here

9:30am

This video by Jon Beale shows the weather conditions at Mudeford this morning:

9:29am

Here's the warning for Poole:

The following Flood Alert will remain in force for two hours following the time of high tide. The time and date of the forecast high water for which this Flood Alert is in force is : 10:30 am (Local time, British Summer Time) today, Sunday 10/08/2014 ( 09:30 am GMT). The forecast wind direction is South-West. The forecast wind strength is Force 6.

And here are the details for Christchurch:

The following Flood Alert will remain in force for two hours following the time of high tide. The time and date of the forecast high water for which this Flood Alert is in force is : 10:00 am (Local time) on 10/08/2014.

9:27am

The Environment Agency has issued flood alerts for Poole Harbour and Christchurch Harbour 

9:05am

8:52am

8:50am

This update is from the Swanage RNLI:

"Today's duck race postponed to Sat 16 Aug

Sadly due to the weather we've taken the decision to postpone the duck race until Saturday 16 Aug. Although you might think it's nice weather for ducks it's not good for highly trained racing ducks!"

8:49am

8:48am

8:46am

8:45am

8:44am

Storm watchers at mudeford Quay #Bertha @Bournemouthecho http://t.co/e3KSruFD9G

8:35am

This message was posted on the Poole Coastguard Facebook page:

"Windy, raining and now thunder...Just what I need for the Poole lifeboat open day...however there is a promise of bacon and burgers throughout the day... I'M IN....see you all later open day to go to.."

8:32am

Good news from Boscombe: 
 

8:31am

8:30am

8:24am

The car boot sale at Canford Parl Arena in Magna Road is cancelled today because of the rain

 

 

8:22am

8:15am Sun 10 Aug 14

Rustynails says

Rumbles of Thunder & some rain in Wimborne

8:21am

8:15am

Tonight, many people had hoped to see a supermoon - fingers crossed that skies will clear before then!

8:07am

At the moment, there aren't any reported problems on the roads, but we'll keep you updated if that changes.

8:07am

Hopefully, this morning's rain will clear up a bit later on:

Bournemouth Echo:

7:54am

7:54am

7:50am

Portland Maritime Rescue and Coordination Centre in Weymouth have said there are no flooding reports as yet, but there is a gale warning in place later on.

The winds will be picking up and are likely to reach Gale Force 8.

 

7:47am

Here's what forecasters at the Met Office have to say about the weather so far:

"There is the potential for severe weather over much of the UK during Sunday as a complex depression tracks over the UK.

"There continues to be a great deal of uncertainty in the forecast but the public should be aware of the risk of flooding due to heavy rain as well as strong winds and large waves, particularly on the coasts of southern England and areas bordering the northern Irish Sea.

"Given the unseasonable nature of the weather this could be sufficient to disrupt transport and make outdoor activities dangerous.

"This remains a volatile situation, and this alert is likely to be updated as the event unfolds. The public are advised to keep up to date with the latest forecasts and alerts through the weekend."
 

7:45am

Good morning all - it's a miserable morning and we'll be bringing you all the latest updates as the remnants of Hurricane Bertha lash the UK.

If you have any news or photos, please feel free to get in touch by Tweeting us @bournemouthecho or emailing Alex.Winter@bournemouthecho.co.uk

Comments (35)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:15am Sun 10 Aug 14

Rustynails says...

Rumbles of Thunder & some rain in Wimborne
Rumbles of Thunder & some rain in Wimborne Rustynails
  • Score: 2

8:26am Sun 10 Aug 14

hamworthygirl says...

823 here we love pretty close the sea and after few rumbles of thunder its raining and slightly windy, hardly a hurricane. Its not lashing the coast anyway I can see for goodness sake we are getting obsessed by the weather.
823 here we love pretty close the sea and after few rumbles of thunder its raining and slightly windy, hardly a hurricane. Its not lashing the coast anyway I can see for goodness sake we are getting obsessed by the weather. hamworthygirl
  • Score: 9

8:27am Sun 10 Aug 14

kerri11 says...

Not much going on in Charlton Marshall atm. Got some wind and no rain. Bit confused as it says hurricane and not a sign of anything yet. Just a normal winters day here
Not much going on in Charlton Marshall atm. Got some wind and no rain. Bit confused as it says hurricane and not a sign of anything yet. Just a normal winters day here kerri11
  • Score: 5

9:27am Sun 10 Aug 14

JemBmth says...

Why the panic? A bit of wind and rain in August. Hello? This is the UK!
Why the panic? A bit of wind and rain in August. Hello? This is the UK! JemBmth
  • Score: 5

9:33am Sun 10 Aug 14

Ophilum says...

The Warmists at the weather wetters have got egg on their faces again, global warming NOT.
The Warmists at the weather wetters have got egg on their faces again, global warming NOT. Ophilum
  • Score: -2

9:56am Sun 10 Aug 14

Slapmytickle says...

Breaking news!!! Dustbin lid has taken flight across corfe Mullen street.
Hurricane Bertha sweeps through the county taking dustbin lids across the street and bringing down twigs from trees. The rain has been a feature too with Poole high street seeing 0.5ml fall within the last 24 hours. And the Met Office says there's no let up in sight. "We can expect to see the conditions get worse with damage continuing. people could lose their hair pieces, but rain is our main concern with puddles building on the local roads. We're advising people not to travel unless completely necessary.
Hurricane Bertha is set to move northwards throughout the day. Stay connected for full coverage.
Breaking news!!! Dustbin lid has taken flight across corfe Mullen street. Hurricane Bertha sweeps through the county taking dustbin lids across the street and bringing down twigs from trees. The rain has been a feature too with Poole high street seeing 0.5ml fall within the last 24 hours. And the Met Office says there's no let up in sight. "We can expect to see the conditions get worse with damage continuing. people could lose their hair pieces, but rain is our main concern with puddles building on the local roads. We're advising people not to travel unless completely necessary. Hurricane Bertha is set to move northwards throughout the day. Stay connected for full coverage. Slapmytickle
  • Score: 20

10:03am Sun 10 Aug 14

FerryFan says...

....Wonder what life ono board Barfleur is like, she's pootling on out to Cherbourg....

Condors are out too today.

Happy sailings!!!
....Wonder what life ono board Barfleur is like, she's pootling on out to Cherbourg.... Condors are out too today. Happy sailings!!! FerryFan
  • Score: 4

10:11am Sun 10 Aug 14

Hessenford says...

Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.
Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts. Hessenford
  • Score: -2

10:34am Sun 10 Aug 14

kerri11 says...

Sun is shining in Charlton Marshall now. Few black clouds but nothing major. Was excepting downpours and thunder but once again they got it wrong!
Sun is shining in Charlton Marshall now. Few black clouds but nothing major. Was excepting downpours and thunder but once again they got it wrong! kerri11
  • Score: -2

10:52am Sun 10 Aug 14

Rustynails says...

Oh Quell Surprise.. The Sun is shining.. Is this the Tropical part of Tropical Storm.. When does the Storm arrive ???
Oh Quell Surprise.. The Sun is shining.. Is this the Tropical part of Tropical Storm.. When does the Storm arrive ??? Rustynails
  • Score: 2

10:53am Sun 10 Aug 14

bobthedestroyer says...

Sensationalist journalism at its best
Sensationalist journalism at its best bobthedestroyer
  • Score: 6

11:04am Sun 10 Aug 14

Hessenford says...

Mostly blue skies and sunshine, what was all the scare stories from the met office all about.
Mostly blue skies and sunshine, what was all the scare stories from the met office all about. Hessenford
  • Score: 0

11:08am Sun 10 Aug 14

master plan says...

Surf braves the rain!!!
Really why because he may get wet plz Jon beal think before you post!
Surf braves the rain!!! Really why because he may get wet plz Jon beal think before you post! master plan
  • Score: 3

11:24am Sun 10 Aug 14

scrumpyjack says...

Hessenford wrote:
Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.
No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds.

Still, love trying to put people down don't you?
[quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.[/p][/quote]No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds. Still, love trying to put people down don't you? scrumpyjack
  • Score: 4

11:24am Sun 10 Aug 14

Boscomite says...

Why are you even reporting this? We live here. We can see what the weather's like.
Why are you even reporting this? We live here. We can see what the weather's like. Boscomite
  • Score: 2

11:36am Sun 10 Aug 14

Bonjovigirl says...

Typical, they get everyone worrying about 'Bertha' and she hardly visited here in Bournemouth, a few rumbles of thunder this morning, bit of rain and then she left !
Typical, they get everyone worrying about 'Bertha' and she hardly visited here in Bournemouth, a few rumbles of thunder this morning, bit of rain and then she left ! Bonjovigirl
  • Score: -1

11:44am Sun 10 Aug 14

muscliffman says...

A bit wet and windy for a couple of hours and now the sun is shining, just a completely typical British summers day.

The only deluge we are all experiencing lately however is the one consisting of all those empty pointless weather 'alerts' pouring out of the Met office and endlessly reported in the Echo and on other media.
A bit wet and windy for a couple of hours and now the sun is shining, just a completely typical British summers day. The only deluge we are all experiencing lately however is the one consisting of all those empty pointless weather 'alerts' pouring out of the Met office and endlessly reported in the Echo and on other media. muscliffman
  • Score: 1

11:45am Sun 10 Aug 14

Hessenford says...

scrumpyjack wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.
No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds.

Still, love trying to put people down don't you?
You must live in a different Christchurch to me then or you have been on the wacky bacci this morning, or perhaps you just love arguments as usual, either way you are a complete and compulsive liar.
[quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.[/p][/quote]No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds. Still, love trying to put people down don't you?[/p][/quote]You must live in a different Christchurch to me then or you have been on the wacky bacci this morning, or perhaps you just love arguments as usual, either way you are a complete and compulsive liar. Hessenford
  • Score: -8

11:51am Sun 10 Aug 14

Hessenford says...

scrumpyjack wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.
No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds.

Still, love trying to put people down don't you?
Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.
[quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.[/p][/quote]No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds. Still, love trying to put people down don't you?[/p][/quote]Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick. Hessenford
  • Score: -12

11:55am Sun 10 Aug 14

Lord Spring says...

"In Hertford, Hereford, and Hampshire, hurricanes hardly ever happen.
"In Hertford, Hereford, and Hampshire, hurricanes hardly ever happen. Lord Spring
  • Score: 0

12:36pm Sun 10 Aug 14

justme20092009 says...

fgs get a grip its a bit or rain and a few rumbles of thunder
fgs get a grip its a bit or rain and a few rumbles of thunder justme20092009
  • Score: -2

12:46pm Sun 10 Aug 14

MrPitiful says...

All that rain this mroning has done my garden the world of good.

That's all - I'm now off for a pint.

The Great British Summer.
All that rain this mroning has done my garden the world of good. That's all - I'm now off for a pint. The Great British Summer. MrPitiful
  • Score: 5

1:28pm Sun 10 Aug 14

Ophilum says...

master plan wrote:
Surf braves the rain!!!
Really why because he may get wet plz Jon beal think before you post!
Why you don,t.
[quote][p][bold]master plan[/bold] wrote: Surf braves the rain!!! Really why because he may get wet plz Jon beal think before you post![/p][/quote]Why you don,t. Ophilum
  • Score: -1

3:26pm Sun 10 Aug 14

FerryFan says...

I was out in Bournemouth Square this morning at 6.30 - yep it was raining, yep, there was wind, and yep, there was thunder. Not a huge deluge, but enough to be uncomfortable, it wasn't exactly light drizzle. Was waiting for Wetherspoons to open so I could dry out, have a coffee and read the paper.
I was out in Bournemouth Square this morning at 6.30 - yep it was raining, yep, there was wind, and yep, there was thunder. Not a huge deluge, but enough to be uncomfortable, it wasn't exactly light drizzle. Was waiting for Wetherspoons to open so I could dry out, have a coffee and read the paper. FerryFan
  • Score: 6

3:30pm Sun 10 Aug 14

LordLilliput says...

Hessenford wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.
No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds.

Still, love trying to put people down don't you?
Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.
Actually, I find Scrumpyjack one of the wittiest and entertaining commenters on here, certainly not worth getting upset and abusive because you can't quite get him.
[quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.[/p][/quote]No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds. Still, love trying to put people down don't you?[/p][/quote]Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.[/p][/quote]Actually, I find Scrumpyjack one of the wittiest and entertaining commenters on here, certainly not worth getting upset and abusive because you can't quite get him. LordLilliput
  • Score: 7

5:05pm Sun 10 Aug 14

Lord Spring says...

The washing dried a treat today on the line of course none of these new fangled tumble driers, was late putting it out due to the doom and gloom merchants ,
The washing dried a treat today on the line of course none of these new fangled tumble driers, was late putting it out due to the doom and gloom merchants , Lord Spring
  • Score: 0

6:27pm Sun 10 Aug 14

Bob49 says...

I agree with UKIP - why are we having to import foreign weather into the country / What is wrong with good old 'sunny spells' ... that's what I would like to know ?

And the Daily Echo doesn't help either.

If it has to put up these photos then why not put up an English caption like 'mustn't grumble' or ' worse things happen at sea, dear '.

Did you know you can't even say weathercock thanks to Europe - it is weatherdomesticfowl nowadays.

So vote UKIP and let's have proper smogs, and not any of this foreign Bertha stuff.
I agree with UKIP - why are we having to import foreign weather into the country / What is wrong with good old 'sunny spells' ... that's what I would like to know ? And the Daily Echo doesn't help either. If it has to put up these photos then why not put up an English caption like 'mustn't grumble' or ' worse things happen at sea, dear '. Did you know you can't even say weathercock thanks to Europe - it is weatherdomesticfowl nowadays. So vote UKIP and let's have proper smogs, and not any of this foreign Bertha stuff. Bob49
  • Score: 7

7:18pm Sun 10 Aug 14

Chief-Wiggum says...

'tail-end' meaning right at the very end past the tip of the tail by about 500 miles! Splash of rain and a bit of wind! Jesus! It doesn't need a bloody live feed!
'tail-end' meaning right at the very end past the tip of the tail by about 500 miles! Splash of rain and a bit of wind! Jesus! It doesn't need a bloody live feed! Chief-Wiggum
  • Score: 0

10:14pm Sun 10 Aug 14

penhalereturns says...

LordLilliput wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.
No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds.

Still, love trying to put people down don't you?
Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.
Actually, I find Scrumpyjack one of the wittiest and entertaining commenters on here, certainly not worth getting upset and abusive because you can't quite get him.
Two of a kind then, no surprise there.
[quote][p][bold]LordLilliput[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.[/p][/quote]No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds. Still, love trying to put people down don't you?[/p][/quote]Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.[/p][/quote]Actually, I find Scrumpyjack one of the wittiest and entertaining commenters on here, certainly not worth getting upset and abusive because you can't quite get him.[/p][/quote]Two of a kind then, no surprise there. penhalereturns
  • Score: -10

10:23pm Sun 10 Aug 14

penhalereturns says...

LordLilliput wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.
No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds.

Still, love trying to put people down don't you?
Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.
Actually, I find Scrumpyjack one of the wittiest and entertaining commenters on here, certainly not worth getting upset and abusive because you can't quite get him.
Did scrumpyjack off dislike my comment about him, how sad if he did, perhaps he can dish out insults to others but cannot stand it when he gets it back.
[quote][p][bold]LordLilliput[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.[/p][/quote]No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds. Still, love trying to put people down don't you?[/p][/quote]Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.[/p][/quote]Actually, I find Scrumpyjack one of the wittiest and entertaining commenters on here, certainly not worth getting upset and abusive because you can't quite get him.[/p][/quote]Did scrumpyjack off dislike my comment about him, how sad if he did, perhaps he can dish out insults to others but cannot stand it when he gets it back. penhalereturns
  • Score: -10

10:46pm Sun 10 Aug 14

arthur1948 says...

met offices damp squid....

no worse than any rainy day...
met offices damp squid.... no worse than any rainy day... arthur1948
  • Score: -1

7:21am Mon 11 Aug 14

boardsandphotos says...

LordLilliput wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.
No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds.

Still, love trying to put people down don't you?
Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.
Actually, I find Scrumpyjack one of the wittiest and entertaining commenters on here, certainly not worth getting upset and abusive because you can't quite get him.
Agreed, Scrumpy of one of a minority on here that add humour and a bit of common sense to the comments section, which is usually full of moaning, ****, histironics and hyperbole.
[quote][p][bold]LordLilliput[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.[/p][/quote]No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds. Still, love trying to put people down don't you?[/p][/quote]Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.[/p][/quote]Actually, I find Scrumpyjack one of the wittiest and entertaining commenters on here, certainly not worth getting upset and abusive because you can't quite get him.[/p][/quote]Agreed, Scrumpy of one of a minority on here that add humour and a bit of common sense to the comments section, which is usually full of moaning, ****, histironics and hyperbole. boardsandphotos
  • Score: 8

11:53am Mon 11 Aug 14

scrumpyjack says...

penhalereturns wrote:
LordLilliput wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.
No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds.

Still, love trying to put people down don't you?
Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.
Actually, I find Scrumpyjack one of the wittiest and entertaining commenters on here, certainly not worth getting upset and abusive because you can't quite get him.
Did scrumpyjack off dislike my comment about him, how sad if he did, perhaps he can dish out insults to others but cannot stand it when he gets it back.
Oh boo hoo.

Grow up.
[quote][p][bold]penhalereturns[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LordLilliput[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.[/p][/quote]No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds. Still, love trying to put people down don't you?[/p][/quote]Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.[/p][/quote]Actually, I find Scrumpyjack one of the wittiest and entertaining commenters on here, certainly not worth getting upset and abusive because you can't quite get him.[/p][/quote]Did scrumpyjack off dislike my comment about him, how sad if he did, perhaps he can dish out insults to others but cannot stand it when he gets it back.[/p][/quote]Oh boo hoo. Grow up. scrumpyjack
  • Score: 9

2:54pm Mon 11 Aug 14

scrumpyjack says...

Hessenford wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.
No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds.

Still, love trying to put people down don't you?
Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.
Morning!

Did you know the avg daily rainfall in August in Christchurch is 1.3 mm per day? .....

http://www.myweather
2.com/City-Town/Unit
ed-Kingdom/Dorset/Ch
ristchurch/climate-p
rofile.aspx

Yesterday between 7am to 9am 4.6 mm fell.

(total for the day was 6.2 mm that's FIVE times the average and almost all of this fell in 2 hours).

https://weather.lgfl
.org.uk/qtables.aspx



Fancy calling me a liar (why ANYONE would lie about whether its raining or not is quite frankly beyond me) some more?
[quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.[/p][/quote]No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds. Still, love trying to put people down don't you?[/p][/quote]Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.[/p][/quote]Morning! Did you know the avg daily rainfall in August in Christchurch is 1.3 mm per day? ..... http://www.myweather 2.com/City-Town/Unit ed-Kingdom/Dorset/Ch ristchurch/climate-p rofile.aspx Yesterday between 7am to 9am 4.6 mm fell. (total for the day was 6.2 mm that's FIVE times the average and almost all of this fell in 2 hours). https://weather.lgfl .org.uk/qtables.aspx Fancy calling me a liar (why ANYONE would lie about whether its raining or not is quite frankly beyond me) some more? scrumpyjack
  • Score: 7

5:33pm Mon 11 Aug 14

LordLilliput says...

penhalereturns wrote:
LordLilliput wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.
No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds.

Still, love trying to put people down don't you?
Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.
Actually, I find Scrumpyjack one of the wittiest and entertaining commenters on here, certainly not worth getting upset and abusive because you can't quite get him.
Two of a kind then, no surprise there.
You really are quite odd :-)
[quote][p][bold]penhalereturns[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LordLilliput[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: Met office got it wrong again for this morning, no hurricane and no lashings of rain, why bother with all these poxy red and yellow alerts.[/p][/quote]No you are wrong - it has been lashing it down here in Christchurch for hours with thunder and high winds. Still, love trying to put people down don't you?[/p][/quote]Just to add, I live a mile for Christchurch town center, I have been up since six thirty this morning, one rumble of thunder and then a few small rumbles, rain yes but not lashings, sun has been out since around 10 am although skies are a little grey, so crawl back into what ever sewage pipe you came from and state facts not troll arguments, dick.[/p][/quote]Actually, I find Scrumpyjack one of the wittiest and entertaining commenters on here, certainly not worth getting upset and abusive because you can't quite get him.[/p][/quote]Two of a kind then, no surprise there.[/p][/quote]You really are quite odd :-) LordLilliput
  • Score: 7

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree