Dying mum’s appeal to send sons to same school given second chance

SCHOOL ROW: Stuart and Michelle Amey

SCHOOL ROW: Stuart and Michelle Amey

First published in News by

A DYING mother fighting to send her two young boys to the same school in Christchurch has been given a second chance to appeal.

As reported previously in the Daily Echo, terminal cancer sufferer Michelle Amey and husband Stuart wanted sons George, six, and Charlie, nine, to attend Mudeford Junior School together so they could better support each other as they faced their mother’s illness.

Dorset County Council blocked George’s entry, claiming there were insufficient places.

However, on Thursday they were told a new appeal would be granted and held at an as yet unspecified date. Mr Amey described the news as a “step in the right direction” but lamented the affect the protracted process has had on his wife and children.

“We have just got to hope that they listen to our argument this time,” he said.

“It has impacted Michelle’s health a lot. It gets to her. There are a lot of days where she is physically unable to get out of bed.

“She has always been told to avoid stress and this has been a huge stress on our family.”

Christchurch councillor Lesley Dedman, who has been campaigning on behalf of the family, said she had alerted Dorset County Council to a section of the Equalities Act 2010, which aims to stop people defined as disabled from being disadvantaged.

“I told the director and officers at our meetings that I was very concerned we were in contravention of the act and asked for an investigation,” she added.

“Despite the initial negative attitude, I know this is one of the points which moved them to allow a second appeal.”

“If we can get Michelle’s cancer classified as a disability it could make things very different.”

Cllr Toni Coombs, cabinet member for education at Dorset County Council, said: "We do not comment on the specific details of individual cases. However, due to a change in the Amey family's personal circumstances, and new information regarding this particular case, we feel that there is enough evidence to offer the family a second hearing with the independent panel."

Comments (25)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:06am Sat 19 Jul 14

new2it says...

Hope the outcome is a happy one for them, but they should never have been put in this position. All extra stress which as a family they do not need at this time. Their situation was known when the places were initially allocated, they should have been given a place then. I wish them well, feel so sorry for them and all they are going through.
Hope the outcome is a happy one for them, but they should never have been put in this position. All extra stress which as a family they do not need at this time. Their situation was known when the places were initially allocated, they should have been given a place then. I wish them well, feel so sorry for them and all they are going through. new2it
  • Score: 47

12:11pm Sat 19 Jul 14

djd says...

If cancer isn't a disabilty, I don't know what is.
Let the children go to the same school and give mum some peace and comfort in her ill health.
If cancer isn't a disabilty, I don't know what is. Let the children go to the same school and give mum some peace and comfort in her ill health. djd
  • Score: 32

7:30pm Sat 19 Jul 14

jinglebell says...

Rules are made by people - not a divine spirit - here is a case when people need to think beyond the rules and consider what is the right thing to do. Its straight forward; the children need each other's support and their mum and dad need peace of mind.
If this case is not resolved in the way it should be, I hope the Echo will find ways to raise it at the highest level; you will have the community behind you. Hopefully, the Echo continues to report on the progress, but preferably a resolution borne out of sheer humanity is reached to provide the family with support.
Rules are made by people - not a divine spirit - here is a case when people need to think beyond the rules and consider what is the right thing to do. Its straight forward; the children need each other's support and their mum and dad need peace of mind. If this case is not resolved in the way it should be, I hope the Echo will find ways to raise it at the highest level; you will have the community behind you. Hopefully, the Echo continues to report on the progress, but preferably a resolution borne out of sheer humanity is reached to provide the family with support. jinglebell
  • Score: 11

9:25pm Sat 19 Jul 14

Hessenford says...

With the amount of press coverage this story has had there should be no need to prolong this families problems any further by allowing a second appeal, Dorset County Council should dam well make room for this families child and save valuable time to allow the family to deal with the most important thing which is the health of Michelle Amey.
Christchurch councillor Lesley Dedman said, “If we can get Michelle’s cancer classified as a disability it could make things very different.”.
I cant think of anything worse than terminal cancer, how can this not be already described as a disability.
There is something seriously wrong with this country when someone in Michelle's position can be treated with such contempt, there is also something wrong with the pen pushers in Dorset County Council, or should I say automatons, to allow this to drag on for such a long time, I have to wonder how these suited clowns can sleep at night knowing the upset they have caused this family for the sake of one extra school place.
With the amount of press coverage this story has had there should be no need to prolong this families problems any further by allowing a second appeal, Dorset County Council should dam well make room for this families child and save valuable time to allow the family to deal with the most important thing which is the health of Michelle Amey. Christchurch councillor Lesley Dedman said, “If we can get Michelle’s cancer classified as a disability it could make things very different.”. I cant think of anything worse than terminal cancer, how can this not be already described as a disability. There is something seriously wrong with this country when someone in Michelle's position can be treated with such contempt, there is also something wrong with the pen pushers in Dorset County Council, or should I say automatons, to allow this to drag on for such a long time, I have to wonder how these suited clowns can sleep at night knowing the upset they have caused this family for the sake of one extra school place. Hessenford
  • Score: 18

9:44pm Sat 19 Jul 14

Wageslave says...

Another appeal. JUST DO IT. No councillor would have to jump through these hoops to get their chosen school.
Another appeal. JUST DO IT. No councillor would have to jump through these hoops to get their chosen school. Wageslave
  • Score: 13

12:08am Sun 20 Jul 14

joetheman says...

ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place
ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place joetheman
  • Score: -20

6:31am Sun 20 Jul 14

lioneart23 says...

joetheman wrote:
ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place
I couldn't agree more
[quote][p][bold]joetheman[/bold] wrote: ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place[/p][/quote]I couldn't agree more lioneart23
  • Score: -9

6:40am Sun 20 Jul 14

fedupwithjobsworths says...

joetheman wrote:
ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place
Ffs make another place by squeezing in another desk. How callous can you get?
[quote][p][bold]joetheman[/bold] wrote: ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place[/p][/quote]Ffs make another place by squeezing in another desk. How callous can you get? fedupwithjobsworths
  • Score: 6

8:12am Sun 20 Jul 14

lioneart23 says...

fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
joetheman wrote:
ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place
Ffs make another place by squeezing in another desk. How callous can you get?
Let's squeeze another 5 in it won't matter you fool they make class sizes for a reason I feel for her children they don't need all this fuss plus all the other kids saying horrible things about them because their mum aired her life story in the paper for the last 2 years end off
[quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]joetheman[/bold] wrote: ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place[/p][/quote]Ffs make another place by squeezing in another desk. How callous can you get?[/p][/quote]Let's squeeze another 5 in it won't matter you fool they make class sizes for a reason I feel for her children they don't need all this fuss plus all the other kids saying horrible things about them because their mum aired her life story in the paper for the last 2 years end off lioneart23
  • Score: -5

1:55pm Sun 20 Jul 14

fedupwithjobsworths says...

lioneart23 wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
joetheman wrote:
ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place
Ffs make another place by squeezing in another desk. How callous can you get?
Let's squeeze another 5 in it won't matter you fool they make class sizes for a reason I feel for her children they don't need all this fuss plus all the other kids saying horrible things about them because their mum aired her life story in the paper for the last 2 years end off
Name calling again .... for goodness sake its a special case, show some compassion. If push comes to shove I'm sure the school could even fit an extra 5 places in.
[quote][p][bold]lioneart23[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]joetheman[/bold] wrote: ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place[/p][/quote]Ffs make another place by squeezing in another desk. How callous can you get?[/p][/quote]Let's squeeze another 5 in it won't matter you fool they make class sizes for a reason I feel for her children they don't need all this fuss plus all the other kids saying horrible things about them because their mum aired her life story in the paper for the last 2 years end off[/p][/quote]Name calling again .... for goodness sake its a special case, show some compassion. If push comes to shove I'm sure the school could even fit an extra 5 places in. fedupwithjobsworths
  • Score: 3

2:01pm Sun 20 Jul 14

fedupwithjobsworths says...

joetheman wrote:
ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place
Sympathy vote,,,,,little darlings,,,?! The woman is dying, how callous your comment sounds. If I lived in the catchment area but could not get my kids in I would understand the special circumstance!
[quote][p][bold]joetheman[/bold] wrote: ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place[/p][/quote]Sympathy vote,,,,,little darlings,,,?! The woman is dying, how callous your comment sounds. If I lived in the catchment area but could not get my kids in I would understand the special circumstance! fedupwithjobsworths
  • Score: 4

2:07pm Sun 20 Jul 14

charlie2004 says...

Some hard faced people on this story. Let's hope something nasty doesn't come and strike you down when you're least expecting it. I think it's called karma! Leave those poor kids and their dying mum alone.
Some hard faced people on this story. Let's hope something nasty doesn't come and strike you down when you're least expecting it. I think it's called karma! Leave those poor kids and their dying mum alone. charlie2004
  • Score: 4

3:16pm Sun 20 Jul 14

joetheman says...

fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
lioneart23 wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
joetheman wrote:
ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place
Ffs make another place by squeezing in another desk. How callous can you get?
Let's squeeze another 5 in it won't matter you fool they make class sizes for a reason I feel for her children they don't need all this fuss plus all the other kids saying horrible things about them because their mum aired her life story in the paper for the last 2 years end off
Name calling again .... for goodness sake its a special case, show some compassion. If push comes to shove I'm sure the school could even fit an extra 5 places in.
and what if there are 6 places needed, idiot
[quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lioneart23[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]joetheman[/bold] wrote: ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place[/p][/quote]Ffs make another place by squeezing in another desk. How callous can you get?[/p][/quote]Let's squeeze another 5 in it won't matter you fool they make class sizes for a reason I feel for her children they don't need all this fuss plus all the other kids saying horrible things about them because their mum aired her life story in the paper for the last 2 years end off[/p][/quote]Name calling again .... for goodness sake its a special case, show some compassion. If push comes to shove I'm sure the school could even fit an extra 5 places in.[/p][/quote]and what if there are 6 places needed, idiot joetheman
  • Score: -5

3:19pm Sun 20 Jul 14

joetheman says...

fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
joetheman wrote:
ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place
Sympathy vote,,,,,little darlings,,,?! The woman is dying, how callous your comment sounds. If I lived in the catchment area but could not get my kids in I would understand the special circumstance!
as you dont live in the catchment area your point is invalid,If is a big word but when push comes to shove.
[quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]joetheman[/bold] wrote: ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place[/p][/quote]Sympathy vote,,,,,little darlings,,,?! The woman is dying, how callous your comment sounds. If I lived in the catchment area but could not get my kids in I would understand the special circumstance![/p][/quote]as you dont live in the catchment area your point is invalid,If is a big word but when push comes to shove. joetheman
  • Score: 1

3:24pm Sun 20 Jul 14

joetheman says...

charlie2004 wrote:
Some hard faced people on this story. Let's hope something nasty doesn't come and strike you down when you're least expecting it. I think it's called karma! Leave those poor kids and their dying mum alone.
I do feel for this family but as i have said in other posts there is an alternative option, its the holier then you attitude that bugs me,sxit happens get over it,
[quote][p][bold]charlie2004[/bold] wrote: Some hard faced people on this story. Let's hope something nasty doesn't come and strike you down when you're least expecting it. I think it's called karma! Leave those poor kids and their dying mum alone.[/p][/quote]I do feel for this family but as i have said in other posts there is an alternative option, its the holier then you attitude that bugs me,sxit happens get over it, joetheman
  • Score: -8

5:30pm Sun 20 Jul 14

agp1337 says...

joetheman wrote:
charlie2004 wrote:
Some hard faced people on this story. Let's hope something nasty doesn't come and strike you down when you're least expecting it. I think it's called karma! Leave those poor kids and their dying mum alone.
I do feel for this family but as i have said in other posts there is an alternative option, its the holier then you attitude that bugs me,sxit happens get over it,
As you said, sxit happens. However, there's sxit and then there's SXIT. This is the second case. Please have some compassion. Maybe when you're as ill as this you'll just be told to 'get over it.' Hope it will help you.
[quote][p][bold]joetheman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]charlie2004[/bold] wrote: Some hard faced people on this story. Let's hope something nasty doesn't come and strike you down when you're least expecting it. I think it's called karma! Leave those poor kids and their dying mum alone.[/p][/quote]I do feel for this family but as i have said in other posts there is an alternative option, its the holier then you attitude that bugs me,sxit happens get over it,[/p][/quote]As you said, sxit happens. However, there's sxit and then there's SXIT. This is the second case. Please have some compassion. Maybe when you're as ill as this you'll just be told to 'get over it.' Hope it will help you. agp1337
  • Score: 4

5:36pm Sun 20 Jul 14

lioneart23 says...

fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
joetheman wrote:
ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place
Sympathy vote,,,,,little darlings,,,?! The woman is dying, how callous your comment sounds. If I lived in the catchment area but could not get my kids in I would understand the special circumstance!
So If you're child was at that school you would give you're place up for her child even after you had paid an extra £30+k to live in catchment get a grip no you wouldn't
[quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]joetheman[/bold] wrote: ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place[/p][/quote]Sympathy vote,,,,,little darlings,,,?! The woman is dying, how callous your comment sounds. If I lived in the catchment area but could not get my kids in I would understand the special circumstance![/p][/quote]So If you're child was at that school you would give you're place up for her child even after you had paid an extra £30+k to live in catchment get a grip no you wouldn't lioneart23
  • Score: -3

7:23pm Sun 20 Jul 14

DUCKFEEDER says...

Too many jobsworth running this country,two words can sort out this issue,COMMON SENSE,
Too many jobsworth running this country,two words can sort out this issue,COMMON SENSE, DUCKFEEDER
  • Score: 0

7:36pm Sun 20 Jul 14

joetheman says...

lioneart23 wrote:
fedupwithjobsworths wrote:
joetheman wrote:
ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place
Sympathy vote,,,,,little darlings,,,?! The woman is dying, how callous your comment sounds. If I lived in the catchment area but could not get my kids in I would understand the special circumstance!
So If you're child was at that school you would give you're place up for her child even after you had paid an extra £30+k to live in catchment get a grip no you wouldn't
there lies the problem due to snobbery people who can afford the extra premium move into a catchment area to get a place ,and then some people once they have played the system downgrade and stay at the same school,have they considered moving into a cheaper area and sending the kids to a private school,
[quote][p][bold]lioneart23[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwithjobsworths[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]joetheman[/bold] wrote: ffs if there is not a place in the first instance how can there be a place now,this family need to stop playing the sympathy vote and agree to send their little darlings to somerford and the grange, if the appeal is granted it is kick in the teeth for catchment area pupils who have lived in the area all their lives and could not get a place[/p][/quote]Sympathy vote,,,,,little darlings,,,?! The woman is dying, how callous your comment sounds. If I lived in the catchment area but could not get my kids in I would understand the special circumstance![/p][/quote]So If you're child was at that school you would give you're place up for her child even after you had paid an extra £30+k to live in catchment get a grip no you wouldn't[/p][/quote]there lies the problem due to snobbery people who can afford the extra premium move into a catchment area to get a place ,and then some people once they have played the system downgrade and stay at the same school,have they considered moving into a cheaper area and sending the kids to a private school, joetheman
  • Score: 4

7:40pm Sun 20 Jul 14

joetheman says...

agp1337 wrote:
joetheman wrote:
charlie2004 wrote:
Some hard faced people on this story. Let's hope something nasty doesn't come and strike you down when you're least expecting it. I think it's called karma! Leave those poor kids and their dying mum alone.
I do feel for this family but as i have said in other posts there is an alternative option, its the holier then you attitude that bugs me,sxit happens get over it,
As you said, sxit happens. However, there's sxit and then there's SXIT. This is the second case. Please have some compassion. Maybe when you're as ill as this you'll just be told to 'get over it.' Hope it will help you.
i certainly wont be crying to the papers,and just for the record i do have a severe life changing illness as yet not terminal,SHXT HAPPENS GET OVER IT
[quote][p][bold]agp1337[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]joetheman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]charlie2004[/bold] wrote: Some hard faced people on this story. Let's hope something nasty doesn't come and strike you down when you're least expecting it. I think it's called karma! Leave those poor kids and their dying mum alone.[/p][/quote]I do feel for this family but as i have said in other posts there is an alternative option, its the holier then you attitude that bugs me,sxit happens get over it,[/p][/quote]As you said, sxit happens. However, there's sxit and then there's SXIT. This is the second case. Please have some compassion. Maybe when you're as ill as this you'll just be told to 'get over it.' Hope it will help you.[/p][/quote]i certainly wont be crying to the papers,and just for the record i do have a severe life changing illness as yet not terminal,SHXT HAPPENS GET OVER IT joetheman
  • Score: -2

7:45am Mon 21 Jul 14

roamer200 says...

DUCKFEEDER wrote:
Too many jobsworth running this country,two words can sort out this issue,COMMON SENSE,
Exactly... And also the poor father will need as much help as possible and two separate school runs , events, uniforms is another pressure. Yes rules and catchments are for a reason but come on have some sense
[quote][p][bold]DUCKFEEDER[/bold] wrote: Too many jobsworth running this country,two words can sort out this issue,COMMON SENSE,[/p][/quote]Exactly... And also the poor father will need as much help as possible and two separate school runs , events, uniforms is another pressure. Yes rules and catchments are for a reason but come on have some sense roamer200
  • Score: 2

7:45am Mon 21 Jul 14

roamer200 says...

DUCKFEEDER wrote:
Too many jobsworth running this country,two words can sort out this issue,COMMON SENSE,
Exactly... And also the poor father will need as much help as possible and two separate school runs , events, uniforms is another pressure. Yes rules and catchments are for a reason but come on have some sense
[quote][p][bold]DUCKFEEDER[/bold] wrote: Too many jobsworth running this country,two words can sort out this issue,COMMON SENSE,[/p][/quote]Exactly... And also the poor father will need as much help as possible and two separate school runs , events, uniforms is another pressure. Yes rules and catchments are for a reason but come on have some sense roamer200
  • Score: 1

9:37am Mon 21 Jul 14

lioneart23 says...

roamer200 wrote:
DUCKFEEDER wrote:
Too many jobsworth running this country,two words can sort out this issue,COMMON SENSE,
Exactly... And also the poor father will need as much help as possible and two separate school runs , events, uniforms is another pressure. Yes rules and catchments are for a reason but come on have some sense
What will happen when the eldest moves to secondary school are the parents going to ask for the youngest to go with him no they are not so yes he's going to have to get on with it like the rest of us with 2 children and do 2 school runs
[quote][p][bold]roamer200[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DUCKFEEDER[/bold] wrote: Too many jobsworth running this country,two words can sort out this issue,COMMON SENSE,[/p][/quote]Exactly... And also the poor father will need as much help as possible and two separate school runs , events, uniforms is another pressure. Yes rules and catchments are for a reason but come on have some sense[/p][/quote]What will happen when the eldest moves to secondary school are the parents going to ask for the youngest to go with him no they are not so yes he's going to have to get on with it like the rest of us with 2 children and do 2 school runs lioneart23
  • Score: 0

6:45pm Mon 21 Jul 14

agp1337 says...

lioneart23 wrote:
roamer200 wrote:
DUCKFEEDER wrote:
Too many jobsworth running this country,two words can sort out this issue,COMMON SENSE,
Exactly... And also the poor father will need as much help as possible and two separate school runs , events, uniforms is another pressure. Yes rules and catchments are for a reason but come on have some sense
What will happen when the eldest moves to secondary school are the parents going to ask for the youngest to go with him no they are not so yes he's going to have to get on with it like the rest of us with 2 children and do 2 school runs
Do you actually understand this? She has terminal cancer so, tragically, it is only short-term.
[quote][p][bold]lioneart23[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]roamer200[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DUCKFEEDER[/bold] wrote: Too many jobsworth running this country,two words can sort out this issue,COMMON SENSE,[/p][/quote]Exactly... And also the poor father will need as much help as possible and two separate school runs , events, uniforms is another pressure. Yes rules and catchments are for a reason but come on have some sense[/p][/quote]What will happen when the eldest moves to secondary school are the parents going to ask for the youngest to go with him no they are not so yes he's going to have to get on with it like the rest of us with 2 children and do 2 school runs[/p][/quote]Do you actually understand this? She has terminal cancer so, tragically, it is only short-term. agp1337
  • Score: 1

9:21pm Tue 22 Jul 14

lioneart23 says...

http://www.dailymail
.co.uk/news/article-
2701652/Britains-tou
ghest-school-run-Mot
her-takes-four-hour-
journey-involving-12
-buses-daughter-scho
ol-turned-place-prim
ary-10-minutes-away.
html
http://www.dailymail .co.uk/news/article- 2701652/Britains-tou ghest-school-run-Mot her-takes-four-hour- journey-involving-12 -buses-daughter-scho ol-turned-place-prim ary-10-minutes-away. html lioneart23
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree