FIREFIGHTERS were called to a third floor flat in Swanage this morning, after smoke was spotted coming from the building.
Upon arrival, two fire crews – one from Swanage and one from Wareham – tackled a small fire in a bedroom.
Dorset Fire & Rescue Service (DFRS) say it was caused by discarded smoking materials.
No-one was injured and fire damage was confined to a bed, a small patch of carpet and floor boards.
However, the remainder of the property sustained smoke damage.
The drama occurred around 8.40am in Park Road.
A DFRS spokesman said: “If you are a smoker keep matches and lighters out of the reach of children, preferably in a high cupboard or drawer.
"Do not smoke in bed but if you do, ensure that all smoking materials are extinguished before you fall asleep.”