From Nippon Inn to Jack the Clippers, check out 23 of Dorset's most inventive shop and business names (From Bournemouth Echo)
When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
From Nippon Inn to Jack the Clippers, check out 23 of Dorset's most inventive shop and business names
IT takes a lot to be noticed in the business world these days, but a memorable name can go a long way.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the most clever and amusing business names around the area.
Probably unsurpringsly, food and hairdressing seem to lend themselves to puns more than others, but the owners of other businesses are not to be outdone, either.
Here are some of our favourites:
- Chez Fred, fish and chips, Westbourne
- The Frying Squad, fish and chips, Boscombe
- Nippon Inn, Japanese restaurant in Charminster
- Lord Sandwich, sandwich shop, Bournemouth
- All Ways Fryday, fish and chips, Hamworthy
- Hamburgerology, burger bar, Boscombe
- On Yer Bike, cycle shop, Charminster
- Well Heeled, shoe shop, Wimborne
- Syndicut, hairdressers, Bournemouth
- Codfathers, fishmongers, Pokesdown
- Mixed Fillings, sandwich shop, Poole
- Natural Bourne Grillers, restaurant, Bournemouth
- Jack the Clippers, barbers, Bournemouth
- Curl Up and Dye, hairdressers, Poole
- Beyond The Fringe, hairdressers, Verwood
- Short & Curly, hairdressers, Parkstone
- Mane Street, hairdressers, Bournemouth
- Shampers, hairdressers, Southbourne
- Argee Bhajee, Indian, Springbourne
- April Flowers, florist, Wareham
- By Arrangement, florist, Bournemouth
- Maid For You, cleaners, Bournemouth
- Maid 2 Clean, cleaners, Bournemouth
We’re sure there’s plenty that we’ve missed – let us know of ones you’ve spotted in the comments below.
Comments are closed on this article.