Bournemouth EchoSuspected travellers turned away from King's Park, Bournemouth (From Bournemouth Echo)

When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.

Suspected travellers turned away from King's Park, Bournemouth

Bournemouth Echo: Suspected travellers turned away from King's Park, Bournemouth Suspected travellers turned away from King's Park, Bournemouth

SECURITY staff with dogs turned away a number of suspected travellers’ vehicles from King’s Park yesterday afternoon.

Bournemouth Parks’ ‘lockdown’ on public spaces and council car parks has been re- imposed for the weekend after the authority received information that local sites might be targeted.

Council leader John Beesley said the operation, involving Insight Security, was routine and dealt with appropriately.

“It is only when people cross from the highway on to council-owned land that our people become involved, but we turn away vehicles before that happens,” he said.

He said the lockdown process was “more often than not successful”.

Comments (65)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:32pm Fri 25 Apr 14

Bob Bournemouth says...

Of course, summer's on its way, so here come the travellers to lovely sunny Bournemouth for the summer season. They'll probably try Poole next.
Of course, summer's on its way, so here come the travellers to lovely sunny Bournemouth for the summer season. They'll probably try Poole next. Bob Bournemouth
  • Score: 60

8:43pm Fri 25 Apr 14

O'Reilly says...

Bob Bournemouth wrote:
Of course, summer's on its way, so here come the travellers to lovely sunny Bournemouth for the summer season. They'll probably try Poole next.
It's a long way to Tipperary...........
...
[quote][p][bold]Bob Bournemouth[/bold] wrote: Of course, summer's on its way, so here come the travellers to lovely sunny Bournemouth for the summer season. They'll probably try Poole next.[/p][/quote]It's a long way to Tipperary........... ... O'Reilly
  • Score: 19

10:00pm Fri 25 Apr 14

itsneverblackorwhite says...

The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp!
The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp! itsneverblackorwhite
  • Score: -134

10:12pm Fri 25 Apr 14

Jo__Go says...

itsneverblackorwhite wrote:
The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp!
You volunteering your back yard?
[quote][p][bold]itsneverblackorwhite[/bold] wrote: The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp![/p][/quote]You volunteering your back yard? Jo__Go
  • Score: 126

10:14pm Fri 25 Apr 14

sprintervanman says...

Send them to the New Forest.No Bicycles just large capacity towing vehicles so they would be more than welcome by the locals.
Send them to the New Forest.No Bicycles just large capacity towing vehicles so they would be more than welcome by the locals. sprintervanman
  • Score: 25

11:12pm Fri 25 Apr 14

FlintstoneFred says...

itsneverblackorwhite wrote:
The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp!
WHY should WE fund that? When they make NO meaningful contribution to OUR community, apart from leaving a load of nasty crap behind afterwards that WE FUND via our taxes to clean up! (OK, fair enough, I may get an offer to to renovate my drive!) If they actually paid local taxes, or made some other useful or valuable contribution, then I may be a bit more sympathetic, but hey, dream on... Live & let live, & good luck to those who live that lifestyle, but only if you don't take the **** out of the rest of us in the process!
[quote][p][bold]itsneverblackorwhite[/bold] wrote: The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp![/p][/quote]WHY should WE fund that? When they make NO meaningful contribution to OUR community, apart from leaving a load of nasty crap behind afterwards that WE FUND via our taxes to clean up! (OK, fair enough, I may get an offer to to renovate my drive!) If they actually paid local taxes, or made some other useful or valuable contribution, then I may be a bit more sympathetic, but hey, dream on... Live & let live, & good luck to those who live that lifestyle, but only if you don't take the **** out of the rest of us in the process! FlintstoneFred
  • Score: 167

11:51pm Fri 25 Apr 14

60plus says...

I just hope Poole goes into lockdown to,but then Poole council our to busy shutting care homes.
I just hope Poole goes into lockdown to,but then Poole council our to busy shutting care homes. 60plus
  • Score: 45

1:28am Sat 26 Apr 14

cest vrai says...

itsneverblackorwhite wrote:
The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp!
They've got one.. Called West Howe...family Reunion..
[quote][p][bold]itsneverblackorwhite[/bold] wrote: The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp![/p][/quote]They've got one.. Called West Howe...family Reunion.. cest vrai
  • Score: 24

4:50am Sat 26 Apr 14

Redgolfer says...

itsneverblackorwhite wrote:
The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp!
WHY, let them pay their own way???
[quote][p][bold]itsneverblackorwhite[/bold] wrote: The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp![/p][/quote]WHY, let them pay their own way??? Redgolfer
  • Score: 71

6:32am Sat 26 Apr 14

muscliffman says...

On past form at least, every cloud.......because if there are 'travellers' in the area at least we won't be hearing anything from the PCC for a while.
On past form at least, every cloud.......because if there are 'travellers' in the area at least we won't be hearing anything from the PCC for a while. muscliffman
  • Score: 12

6:44am Sat 26 Apr 14

Letcommonsenseprevail says...

itsneverblackorwhite wrote:
The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp!
No, the answer is even simpler, get them to conform with society and adhere to the laws that the rest of us have to. .....
[quote][p][bold]itsneverblackorwhite[/bold] wrote: The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp![/p][/quote]No, the answer is even simpler, get them to conform with society and adhere to the laws that the rest of us have to. ..... Letcommonsenseprevail
  • Score: 100

7:08am Sat 26 Apr 14

Steveo123 says...

itsneverblackorwhite wrote:
The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp!
Or get them to book into a caravan park like everybody else ?.
[quote][p][bold]itsneverblackorwhite[/bold] wrote: The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp![/p][/quote]Or get them to book into a caravan park like everybody else ?. Steveo123
  • Score: 77

8:00am Sat 26 Apr 14

Baysider says...

Hey, hey...here we go again. Who's going to be the first to suggest they are here for the steam fair then? It's only, what, 5 months away? They are here to work. Full stop. End of.

Remove that factor either through legislation banning cold calling or just by the public saying no thanks when they turn up and the problem solves itself!
Hey, hey...here we go again. Who's going to be the first to suggest they are here for the steam fair then? It's only, what, 5 months away? They are here to work. Full stop. End of. Remove that factor either through legislation banning cold calling or just by the public saying no thanks when they turn up and the problem solves itself! Baysider
  • Score: 35

8:46am Sat 26 Apr 14

Morrigan says...

I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/

With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......
I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/ With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ...... Morrigan
  • Score: 37

9:09am Sat 26 Apr 14

Baysider says...

Morrigan wrote:
I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/

With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......
Laughable. Do you seriously think they want them to come or are you being deliberately stupid? Isn't it more likely they want them NEVER to turn up ever again so they don't have to spend time and money chasing them around and through the courts when they could be better spent elsewhere?

I think your statement that you'll have to keep the kids in the back garden because the travellers are EVERYWHERE sums you and your limited cognitive capacity very succinctly...
[quote][p][bold]Morrigan[/bold] wrote: I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/ With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......[/p][/quote]Laughable. Do you seriously think they want them to come or are you being deliberately stupid? Isn't it more likely they want them NEVER to turn up ever again so they don't have to spend time and money chasing them around and through the courts when they could be better spent elsewhere? I think your statement that you'll have to keep the kids in the back garden because the travellers are EVERYWHERE sums you and your limited cognitive capacity very succinctly... Baysider
  • Score: -40

9:09am Sat 26 Apr 14

Carolyn43 says...

Poole Council wasn't going to open a transit site - they were going for a temporary stopping place, which is just a bit of land with water, a skip and portaloos. Two totally different things. And they chose two sites which broke all the rules laid down by the government for such a site and were therefore rejected by the planning committee.
Poole Council wasn't going to open a transit site - they were going for a temporary stopping place, which is just a bit of land with water, a skip and portaloos. Two totally different things. And they chose two sites which broke all the rules laid down by the government for such a site and were therefore rejected by the planning committee. Carolyn43
  • Score: 6

9:12am Sat 26 Apr 14

nickynoodah says...

Morrigan wrote:
I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/

With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......
Please don't come here George stay in your back garden thanks a million.
[quote][p][bold]Morrigan[/bold] wrote: I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/ With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......[/p][/quote]Please don't come here George stay in your back garden thanks a million. nickynoodah
  • Score: -24

10:15am Sat 26 Apr 14

Desperado says...

open season.
open season. Desperado
  • Score: 11

10:16am Sat 26 Apr 14

i have heard it all now says...

They will not go to Weymouth,The local EDL tend to sort out these freeloaders.Poole Council welcome them with open arms.

Poole Ratepayer/Voter-Brin
g on UKIP.
They will not go to Weymouth,The local EDL tend to sort out these freeloaders.Poole Council welcome them with open arms. Poole Ratepayer/Voter-Brin g on UKIP. i have heard it all now
  • Score: 23

10:48am Sat 26 Apr 14

ShuttleX says...

Baysider wrote:
Morrigan wrote:
I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/

With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......
Laughable. Do you seriously think they want them to come or are you being deliberately stupid? Isn't it more likely they want them NEVER to turn up ever again so they don't have to spend time and money chasing them around and through the courts when they could be better spent elsewhere?

I think your statement that you'll have to keep the kids in the back garden because the travellers are EVERYWHERE sums you and your limited cognitive capacity very succinctly...
To be abusive to somebody, just because you don't happen to like their comment, just about sums you up Baysider. And you have the cheek to call them stupid?
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Morrigan[/bold] wrote: I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/ With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......[/p][/quote]Laughable. Do you seriously think they want them to come or are you being deliberately stupid? Isn't it more likely they want them NEVER to turn up ever again so they don't have to spend time and money chasing them around and through the courts when they could be better spent elsewhere? I think your statement that you'll have to keep the kids in the back garden because the travellers are EVERYWHERE sums you and your limited cognitive capacity very succinctly...[/p][/quote]To be abusive to somebody, just because you don't happen to like their comment, just about sums you up Baysider. And you have the cheek to call them stupid? ShuttleX
  • Score: 22

11:10am Sat 26 Apr 14

Marty Caine UKIP says...

Instead of griping about transit sites and travellers how about a well done mention to the security team that stopped them getting onto Kings Park.
Instead of griping about transit sites and travellers how about a well done mention to the security team that stopped them getting onto Kings Park. Marty Caine UKIP
  • Score: 79

11:57am Sat 26 Apr 14

ASM says...

Marty Caine UKIP wrote:
Instead of griping about transit sites and travellers how about a well done mention to the security team that stopped them getting onto Kings Park.
you got to party harty
[quote][p][bold]Marty Caine UKIP[/bold] wrote: Instead of griping about transit sites and travellers how about a well done mention to the security team that stopped them getting onto Kings Park.[/p][/quote]you got to party harty ASM
  • Score: 4

1:19pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Bob49 says...

"the authority received information that local sites might be targeted. "

and how was that information obtained one has to wonder ?

hmmm
"the authority received information that local sites might be targeted. " and how was that information obtained one has to wonder ? hmmm Bob49
  • Score: 5

1:23pm Sat 26 Apr 14

smhinto says...

Yes it's 'Diddley' season again with them leaving human excrement everywhere, thieving, fowl language, harrasing people, camping on public and private property and generally causing upset and unrest to everybody. All this of course is a leading speciality for these:- well, whatever tou want to call them.
.
But according to the powers that be, we should all respect them ?!?!?!?
Yes it's 'Diddley' season again with them leaving human excrement everywhere, thieving, fowl language, harrasing people, camping on public and private property and generally causing upset and unrest to everybody. All this of course is a leading speciality for these:- well, whatever tou want to call them. . But according to the powers that be, we should all respect them ?!?!?!? smhinto
  • Score: 34

1:50pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Morrigan says...

Baysider wrote:
Morrigan wrote:
I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/

With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......
Laughable. Do you seriously think they want them to come or are you being deliberately stupid? Isn't it more likely they want them NEVER to turn up ever again so they don't have to spend time and money chasing them around and through the courts when they could be better spent elsewhere?

I think your statement that you'll have to keep the kids in the back garden because the travellers are EVERYWHERE sums you and your limited cognitive capacity very succinctly...
On the contrary, if you live in Poole you would know they WERE all over the place last year - Creekmoor, Whitecliff Park, Baitor car park, Turlin Moor Rec and even Ham Common Viewpoint car park had a couple of vans on it to name just a a few places - which meant no trips to Whitecliff park, no walks along the shore at Baitor and no walks along the Castleman Trailway at Creekmoor or visits to Ham Common for my grandkids because of the intimidating people parked in caravans, littering the place with their human excrement and other filth.

Thanks for your comments about my cognitive capacity .......... which sums up yours nicely :o?
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Morrigan[/bold] wrote: I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/ With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......[/p][/quote]Laughable. Do you seriously think they want them to come or are you being deliberately stupid? Isn't it more likely they want them NEVER to turn up ever again so they don't have to spend time and money chasing them around and through the courts when they could be better spent elsewhere? I think your statement that you'll have to keep the kids in the back garden because the travellers are EVERYWHERE sums you and your limited cognitive capacity very succinctly...[/p][/quote]On the contrary, if you live in Poole you would know they WERE all over the place last year - Creekmoor, Whitecliff Park, Baitor car park, Turlin Moor Rec and even Ham Common Viewpoint car park had a couple of vans on it to name just a a few places - which meant no trips to Whitecliff park, no walks along the shore at Baitor and no walks along the Castleman Trailway at Creekmoor or visits to Ham Common for my grandkids because of the intimidating people parked in caravans, littering the place with their human excrement and other filth. Thanks for your comments about my cognitive capacity .......... which sums up yours nicely :o? Morrigan
  • Score: 28

2:52pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Baysider says...

Morrigan wrote:
Baysider wrote:
Morrigan wrote:
I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/

With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......
Laughable. Do you seriously think they want them to come or are you being deliberately stupid? Isn't it more likely they want them NEVER to turn up ever again so they don't have to spend time and money chasing them around and through the courts when they could be better spent elsewhere?

I think your statement that you'll have to keep the kids in the back garden because the travellers are EVERYWHERE sums you and your limited cognitive capacity very succinctly...
On the contrary, if you live in Poole you would know they WERE all over the place last year - Creekmoor, Whitecliff Park, Baitor car park, Turlin Moor Rec and even Ham Common Viewpoint car park had a couple of vans on it to name just a a few places - which meant no trips to Whitecliff park, no walks along the shore at Baitor and no walks along the Castleman Trailway at Creekmoor or visits to Ham Common for my grandkids because of the intimidating people parked in caravans, littering the place with their human excrement and other filth.

Thanks for your comments about my cognitive capacity .......... which sums up yours nicely :o?
What they were in these places all at the same time were they? No they weren't as you well know. Even when they do tip up there's still plenty of places you can go to avoid them.
[quote][p][bold]Morrigan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Morrigan[/bold] wrote: I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/ With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......[/p][/quote]Laughable. Do you seriously think they want them to come or are you being deliberately stupid? Isn't it more likely they want them NEVER to turn up ever again so they don't have to spend time and money chasing them around and through the courts when they could be better spent elsewhere? I think your statement that you'll have to keep the kids in the back garden because the travellers are EVERYWHERE sums you and your limited cognitive capacity very succinctly...[/p][/quote]On the contrary, if you live in Poole you would know they WERE all over the place last year - Creekmoor, Whitecliff Park, Baitor car park, Turlin Moor Rec and even Ham Common Viewpoint car park had a couple of vans on it to name just a a few places - which meant no trips to Whitecliff park, no walks along the shore at Baitor and no walks along the Castleman Trailway at Creekmoor or visits to Ham Common for my grandkids because of the intimidating people parked in caravans, littering the place with their human excrement and other filth. Thanks for your comments about my cognitive capacity .......... which sums up yours nicely :o?[/p][/quote]What they were in these places all at the same time were they? No they weren't as you well know. Even when they do tip up there's still plenty of places you can go to avoid them. Baysider
  • Score: -27

2:57pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Baysider says...

ShuttleX wrote:
Baysider wrote:
Morrigan wrote:
I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/

With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......
Laughable. Do you seriously think they want them to come or are you being deliberately stupid? Isn't it more likely they want them NEVER to turn up ever again so they don't have to spend time and money chasing them around and through the courts when they could be better spent elsewhere?

I think your statement that you'll have to keep the kids in the back garden because the travellers are EVERYWHERE sums you and your limited cognitive capacity very succinctly...
To be abusive to somebody, just because you don't happen to like their comment, just about sums you up Baysider. And you have the cheek to call them stupid?
If people are going to make ridiculously stupid comments that, as well as being factually incorrect, are against all common sense then yes, I am going to call into question whether they are capable of thinking about an issue properly before jumping in with their baseless, ignorant comments.
[quote][p][bold]ShuttleX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Morrigan[/bold] wrote: I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/ With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......[/p][/quote]Laughable. Do you seriously think they want them to come or are you being deliberately stupid? Isn't it more likely they want them NEVER to turn up ever again so they don't have to spend time and money chasing them around and through the courts when they could be better spent elsewhere? I think your statement that you'll have to keep the kids in the back garden because the travellers are EVERYWHERE sums you and your limited cognitive capacity very succinctly...[/p][/quote]To be abusive to somebody, just because you don't happen to like their comment, just about sums you up Baysider. And you have the cheek to call them stupid?[/p][/quote]If people are going to make ridiculously stupid comments that, as well as being factually incorrect, are against all common sense then yes, I am going to call into question whether they are capable of thinking about an issue properly before jumping in with their baseless, ignorant comments. Baysider
  • Score: -10

3:46pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Kiki1973 says...

Bob49 wrote:
"the authority received information that local sites might be targeted. "

and how was that information obtained one has to wonder ?

hmmm
Other councils who have been targeted share the info, so, for example, if they tried to camp in Christchurch, their council would call Bournemouth. When Bournemouth turns them away, they will inform Poole and so on.
[quote][p][bold]Bob49[/bold] wrote: "the authority received information that local sites might be targeted. " and how was that information obtained one has to wonder ? hmmm[/p][/quote]Other councils who have been targeted share the info, so, for example, if they tried to camp in Christchurch, their council would call Bournemouth. When Bournemouth turns them away, they will inform Poole and so on. Kiki1973
  • Score: 8

4:00pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Bob49 says...

I think you'll find it is a little more 'insightful' than that
I think you'll find it is a little more 'insightful' than that Bob49
  • Score: 2

5:48pm Sat 26 Apr 14

golfer33 says...

If i drop litter i get charged, how come they dont?
If i drop litter i get charged, how come they dont? golfer33
  • Score: 17

6:05pm Sat 26 Apr 14

liveinpeace says...

O'Reilly wrote:
Bob Bournemouth wrote:
Of course, summer's on its way, so here come the travellers to lovely sunny Bournemouth for the summer season. They'll probably try Poole next.
It's a long way to Tipperary...........

...
Why would they choose Tipperary when life is so cushy here? I've travelled the world and I can assure you there are no mugs like British mugs!!
[quote][p][bold]O'Reilly[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bob Bournemouth[/bold] wrote: Of course, summer's on its way, so here come the travellers to lovely sunny Bournemouth for the summer season. They'll probably try Poole next.[/p][/quote]It's a long way to Tipperary........... ...[/p][/quote]Why would they choose Tipperary when life is so cushy here? I've travelled the world and I can assure you there are no mugs like British mugs!! liveinpeace
  • Score: 8

6:40pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Morrigan says...

Baysider wrote:
Morrigan wrote:
Baysider wrote:
Morrigan wrote:
I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/

With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......
Laughable. Do you seriously think they want them to come or are you being deliberately stupid? Isn't it more likely they want them NEVER to turn up ever again so they don't have to spend time and money chasing them around and through the courts when they could be better spent elsewhere?

I think your statement that you'll have to keep the kids in the back garden because the travellers are EVERYWHERE sums you and your limited cognitive capacity very succinctly...
On the contrary, if you live in Poole you would know they WERE all over the place last year - Creekmoor, Whitecliff Park, Baitor car park, Turlin Moor Rec and even Ham Common Viewpoint car park had a couple of vans on it to name just a a few places - which meant no trips to Whitecliff park, no walks along the shore at Baitor and no walks along the Castleman Trailway at Creekmoor or visits to Ham Common for my grandkids because of the intimidating people parked in caravans, littering the place with their human excrement and other filth.

Thanks for your comments about my cognitive capacity .......... which sums up yours nicely :o?
What they were in these places all at the same time were they? No they weren't as you well know. Even when they do tip up there's still plenty of places you can go to avoid them.
I did not say they were there at the same time, but hey, you carry on reading what your tiny mind wants to see. I have better things to do than argue with you. Have a good life ........
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Morrigan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Morrigan[/bold] wrote: I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/ With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......[/p][/quote]Laughable. Do you seriously think they want them to come or are you being deliberately stupid? Isn't it more likely they want them NEVER to turn up ever again so they don't have to spend time and money chasing them around and through the courts when they could be better spent elsewhere? I think your statement that you'll have to keep the kids in the back garden because the travellers are EVERYWHERE sums you and your limited cognitive capacity very succinctly...[/p][/quote]On the contrary, if you live in Poole you would know they WERE all over the place last year - Creekmoor, Whitecliff Park, Baitor car park, Turlin Moor Rec and even Ham Common Viewpoint car park had a couple of vans on it to name just a a few places - which meant no trips to Whitecliff park, no walks along the shore at Baitor and no walks along the Castleman Trailway at Creekmoor or visits to Ham Common for my grandkids because of the intimidating people parked in caravans, littering the place with their human excrement and other filth. Thanks for your comments about my cognitive capacity .......... which sums up yours nicely :o?[/p][/quote]What they were in these places all at the same time were they? No they weren't as you well know. Even when they do tip up there's still plenty of places you can go to avoid them.[/p][/quote]I did not say they were there at the same time, but hey, you carry on reading what your tiny mind wants to see. I have better things to do than argue with you. Have a good life ........ Morrigan
  • Score: 8

7:50pm Sat 26 Apr 14

guisselle says...

Tinker tailor, soldier sailor beggar man thief, where is the chief!
Tinker tailor, soldier sailor beggar man thief, where is the chief! guisselle
  • Score: 2

9:15pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Baysider says...

Morrigan wrote:
Baysider wrote:
Morrigan wrote:
Baysider wrote:
Morrigan wrote:
I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/

With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......
Laughable. Do you seriously think they want them to come or are you being deliberately stupid? Isn't it more likely they want them NEVER to turn up ever again so they don't have to spend time and money chasing them around and through the courts when they could be better spent elsewhere?

I think your statement that you'll have to keep the kids in the back garden because the travellers are EVERYWHERE sums you and your limited cognitive capacity very succinctly...
On the contrary, if you live in Poole you would know they WERE all over the place last year - Creekmoor, Whitecliff Park, Baitor car park, Turlin Moor Rec and even Ham Common Viewpoint car park had a couple of vans on it to name just a a few places - which meant no trips to Whitecliff park, no walks along the shore at Baitor and no walks along the Castleman Trailway at Creekmoor or visits to Ham Common for my grandkids because of the intimidating people parked in caravans, littering the place with their human excrement and other filth.

Thanks for your comments about my cognitive capacity .......... which sums up yours nicely :o?
What they were in these places all at the same time were they? No they weren't as you well know. Even when they do tip up there's still plenty of places you can go to avoid them.
I did not say they were there at the same time, but hey, you carry on reading what your tiny mind wants to see. I have better things to do than argue with you. Have a good life ........
My life's fine thanks. But then again I don't spend it cowering in my back garden because there might be a traveller camp 5 miles away.

To quote "ALL
[quote][p][bold]Morrigan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Morrigan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Morrigan[/bold] wrote: I can see Poole Council welcoming them with open arms - simply from spite because they could not open a transit camp for them ........ if they think more of travellers, than they do about the people who pay THEIR WAGES - something is VERY wrong :o/ With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans and people who don't give a to$$ about anyone but themselves ........ oh well, the back garden it is again then kids ....... or perhaps we'll go out of the area for a few day trips and spend our money in another town ......[/p][/quote]Laughable. Do you seriously think they want them to come or are you being deliberately stupid? Isn't it more likely they want them NEVER to turn up ever again so they don't have to spend time and money chasing them around and through the courts when they could be better spent elsewhere? I think your statement that you'll have to keep the kids in the back garden because the travellers are EVERYWHERE sums you and your limited cognitive capacity very succinctly...[/p][/quote]On the contrary, if you live in Poole you would know they WERE all over the place last year - Creekmoor, Whitecliff Park, Baitor car park, Turlin Moor Rec and even Ham Common Viewpoint car park had a couple of vans on it to name just a a few places - which meant no trips to Whitecliff park, no walks along the shore at Baitor and no walks along the Castleman Trailway at Creekmoor or visits to Ham Common for my grandkids because of the intimidating people parked in caravans, littering the place with their human excrement and other filth. Thanks for your comments about my cognitive capacity .......... which sums up yours nicely :o?[/p][/quote]What they were in these places all at the same time were they? No they weren't as you well know. Even when they do tip up there's still plenty of places you can go to avoid them.[/p][/quote]I did not say they were there at the same time, but hey, you carry on reading what your tiny mind wants to see. I have better things to do than argue with you. Have a good life ........[/p][/quote]My life's fine thanks. But then again I don't spend it cowering in my back garden because there might be a traveller camp 5 miles away. To quote "ALL Baysider
  • Score: -14

9:22pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Baysider says...

My life's fine thanks Morrigan. But then again I don't spend it cowering in my back garden because there might be a traveller camp 5 miles away.

To quote "With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans..." if that's not suggesting that they are everywhere at the same time what the hell does it mean then?

You made a couple of stupid statements, they're there in black and white above so stop trying to suggest you've said something else when it's been pointed out eh?
My life's fine thanks Morrigan. But then again I don't spend it cowering in my back garden because there might be a traveller camp 5 miles away. To quote "With a Bank Holiday coming along, no doubt all our open parks and spaces will be out of bounds to us LOCALS and our children because they are filled with caravans..." if that's not suggesting that they are everywhere at the same time what the hell does it mean then? You made a couple of stupid statements, they're there in black and white above so stop trying to suggest you've said something else when it's been pointed out eh? Baysider
  • Score: -5

9:34pm Sat 26 Apr 14

afcdibby says...

cest vrai wrote:
itsneverblackorwhite wrote:
The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp!
They've got one.. Called West Howe...family Reunion..
Do some research. It was Little England not West-Howe.
[quote][p][bold]cest vrai[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]itsneverblackorwhite[/bold] wrote: The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp![/p][/quote]They've got one.. Called West Howe...family Reunion..[/p][/quote]Do some research. It was Little England not West-Howe. afcdibby
  • Score: -2

10:49pm Sat 26 Apr 14

guisselle says...

Get your cow boy hats on and lets get back to the ranch. Home on the range
where the buffalo roam yee ha!
Get your cow boy hats on and lets get back to the ranch. Home on the range where the buffalo roam yee ha! guisselle
  • Score: -4

1:15am Sun 27 Apr 14

HRH of Boscombe says...

itsneverblackorwhite wrote:
The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp!
They could pay their way and use a campsite. That would be too simple though.
[quote][p][bold]itsneverblackorwhite[/bold] wrote: The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp![/p][/quote]They could pay their way and use a campsite. That would be too simple though. HRH of Boscombe
  • Score: 13

6:40am Sun 27 Apr 14

corozin says...

Must be spring, here come the diddlies again for thier benefits funded holidays...
Must be spring, here come the diddlies again for thier benefits funded holidays... corozin
  • Score: 8

8:25am Sun 27 Apr 14

Carolyn43 says...

Don't know why people are panicking now - the travellers don't usually arrived until the end of June/beginning of July. Enjoy the next couple of months and then complain if they get here.
Don't know why people are panicking now - the travellers don't usually arrived until the end of June/beginning of July. Enjoy the next couple of months and then complain if they get here. Carolyn43
  • Score: -4

8:52am Sun 27 Apr 14

falco5 says...

Al these people suggesting that the travellers use a camp site are obviously not caravanner themselves. I am and I certainly wouldn't want to spend it next to that lot. I'd be to frightened to leave my caravan unattended. Just remember, this area makes a lot of money from tourism, encouraging them to stay on our camp sites will damage that. The only way is to make them realise they are not welcome here by turning them away and not giving them any work. I know they will just go somewhere else but until the day arrives when the country takes its PC hat of and grows a pair, that's all we can do.
Al these people suggesting that the travellers use a camp site are obviously not caravanner themselves. I am and I certainly wouldn't want to spend it next to that lot. I'd be to frightened to leave my caravan unattended. Just remember, this area makes a lot of money from tourism, encouraging them to stay on our camp sites will damage that. The only way is to make them realise they are not welcome here by turning them away and not giving them any work. I know they will just go somewhere else but until the day arrives when the country takes its PC hat of and grows a pair, that's all we can do. falco5
  • Score: 6

9:19am Sun 27 Apr 14

Baysider says...

Carolyn43 wrote:
Don't know why people are panicking now - the travellers don't usually arrived until the end of June/beginning of July. Enjoy the next couple of months and then complain if they get here.
Complain to who? Whose fault is it then?
[quote][p][bold]Carolyn43[/bold] wrote: Don't know why people are panicking now - the travellers don't usually arrived until the end of June/beginning of July. Enjoy the next couple of months and then complain if they get here.[/p][/quote]Complain to who? Whose fault is it then? Baysider
  • Score: -6

11:39am Sun 27 Apr 14

Baysider says...

Baysider wrote:
Carolyn43 wrote:
Don't know why people are panicking now - the travellers don't usually arrived until the end of June/beginning of July. Enjoy the next couple of months and then complain if they get here.
Complain to who? Whose fault is it then?
It's a valid question imo. Carolyn43 suggests we complain when they turn up but not who to or what she expects this to achieve? The authorities tried to do something to provide additional options but Carolyn et al put a spanner in that so what does she expect to happen as a result of her complaint to the mysterious body that can sort this issue out?

Rather than just thumbs down why not make some practical, legal suggestions as to what can be done?
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Carolyn43[/bold] wrote: Don't know why people are panicking now - the travellers don't usually arrived until the end of June/beginning of July. Enjoy the next couple of months and then complain if they get here.[/p][/quote]Complain to who? Whose fault is it then?[/p][/quote]It's a valid question imo. Carolyn43 suggests we complain when they turn up but not who to or what she expects this to achieve? The authorities tried to do something to provide additional options but Carolyn et al put a spanner in that so what does she expect to happen as a result of her complaint to the mysterious body that can sort this issue out? Rather than just thumbs down why not make some practical, legal suggestions as to what can be done? Baysider
  • Score: 3

1:47pm Sun 27 Apr 14

fireflier says...

When and if they move onto any site we need someone with a JCB to dig trenches across all the entrances/exits.

That will stop them travelling for quite a while!!!
When and if they move onto any site we need someone with a JCB to dig trenches across all the entrances/exits. That will stop them travelling for quite a while!!! fireflier
  • Score: 4

2:03pm Sun 27 Apr 14

Bob49 says...

" but until the day arrives when the country takes its PC hat of and grows a pair, that's all we can do."

oh dear

have you been at the Mail again ?

these folk are 'protected' by law, due to a ruling by an English judge

if we are to deal with the numerous problems they cause - then it might help if some locals actually bothered to check up on stuff first rather than simply bleating out 'political correctness', like an over excited cuckoo clock, at every possible occasion
" but until the day arrives when the country takes its PC hat of and grows a pair, that's all we can do." oh dear have you been at the Mail again ? these folk are 'protected' by law, due to a ruling by an English judge if we are to deal with the numerous problems they cause - then it might help if some locals actually bothered to check up on stuff first rather than simply bleating out 'political correctness', like an over excited cuckoo clock, at every possible occasion Bob49
  • Score: 2

3:10pm Sun 27 Apr 14

Desperado says...

They were probably just lost holidaymakers.
It is too early for good for nothing scroungers to venture out .
Wait until May or June .
Build it and they will come , THAT WILL NOT WORK .
Don't even think about a transit site , they don't conform , they do not go where they are told to go, they do exactly the opposite .
They will break the law, and they know they will get away with it , because no one will stand up to them, if you do you are the ones that will be arrested.
You are easy targets for the police , the travellers are difficult. to much aggravation
When these stupid do gooders get that into their thick sculls the better.
They were probably just lost holidaymakers. It is too early for good for nothing scroungers to venture out . Wait until May or June . Build it and they will come , THAT WILL NOT WORK . Don't even think about a transit site , they don't conform , they do not go where they are told to go, they do exactly the opposite . They will break the law, and they know they will get away with it , because no one will stand up to them, if you do you are the ones that will be arrested. You are easy targets for the police , the travellers are difficult. to much aggravation When these stupid do gooders get that into their thick sculls the better. Desperado
  • Score: 3

5:45pm Sun 27 Apr 14

kinsonjim says...

FOR THOSE WITH A SHORT MEMORY 'THEY' WERE GIVEN A TRANSIT
PLACE, COMPLETE WITH ALL FACILITIES ON LAND ABOVE TOWER PARK. 'THEY' TRASHED THE LOT FOR THE METAL. COMPLAINED ABOUT THE MESS AND LEFT. PROBABLY IT IS THE SAME CROWN IN 1661.
FOR THOSE WITH A SHORT MEMORY 'THEY' WERE GIVEN A TRANSIT PLACE, COMPLETE WITH ALL FACILITIES ON LAND ABOVE TOWER PARK. 'THEY' TRASHED THE LOT FOR THE METAL. COMPLAINED ABOUT THE MESS AND LEFT. PROBABLY IT IS THE SAME CROWN IN 1661. kinsonjim
  • Score: 1

6:03pm Sun 27 Apr 14

BIGTONE says...

Bob49 wrote:
"the authority received information that local sites might be targeted. "

and how was that information obtained one has to wonder ?

hmmm
Probably by this thing they call a telephone.
Apparently,they are all the rage.......
[quote][p][bold]Bob49[/bold] wrote: "the authority received information that local sites might be targeted. " and how was that information obtained one has to wonder ? hmmm[/p][/quote]Probably by this thing they call a telephone. Apparently,they are all the rage....... BIGTONE
  • Score: 1

7:43pm Sun 27 Apr 14

Carolyn43 says...

Baysider wrote:
Baysider wrote:
Carolyn43 wrote:
Don't know why people are panicking now - the travellers don't usually arrived until the end of June/beginning of July. Enjoy the next couple of months and then complain if they get here.
Complain to who? Whose fault is it then?
It's a valid question imo. Carolyn43 suggests we complain when they turn up but not who to or what she expects this to achieve? The authorities tried to do something to provide additional options but Carolyn et al put a spanner in that so what does she expect to happen as a result of her complaint to the mysterious body that can sort this issue out?

Rather than just thumbs down why not make some practical, legal suggestions as to what can be done?
Complain on here as always - just not yet. You know nothing will do nothing until the travellers actually arrive, so there's no point in getting all het up now.

And please get your fact right, neither I nor any other resident of Poole put a spanner in the works. We did not make the decision not to go ahead with the temporary stopping place - the planning committee of the council did.

Since when has Poole Council ever taken notice of what residents say? Those working for the council who suggested the two sites got it totally wrong - neither of the sites would have solved anything because anyone with any sense could see that they were totally unsuitable and the travellers wouldn't have used them and would just have parked up on private land, which could be just as close to you as the unauthorised encampments were last year and the year before and the year before and .................
......

So if you want to blame anyone for there not being a site, blame the council.
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Carolyn43[/bold] wrote: Don't know why people are panicking now - the travellers don't usually arrived until the end of June/beginning of July. Enjoy the next couple of months and then complain if they get here.[/p][/quote]Complain to who? Whose fault is it then?[/p][/quote]It's a valid question imo. Carolyn43 suggests we complain when they turn up but not who to or what she expects this to achieve? The authorities tried to do something to provide additional options but Carolyn et al put a spanner in that so what does she expect to happen as a result of her complaint to the mysterious body that can sort this issue out? Rather than just thumbs down why not make some practical, legal suggestions as to what can be done?[/p][/quote]Complain on here as always - just not yet. You know nothing will do nothing until the travellers actually arrive, so there's no point in getting all het up now. And please get your fact right, neither I nor any other resident of Poole put a spanner in the works. We did not make the decision not to go ahead with the temporary stopping place - the planning committee of the council did. Since when has Poole Council ever taken notice of what residents say? Those working for the council who suggested the two sites got it totally wrong - neither of the sites would have solved anything because anyone with any sense could see that they were totally unsuitable and the travellers wouldn't have used them and would just have parked up on private land, which could be just as close to you as the unauthorised encampments were last year and the year before and the year before and ................. ...... So if you want to blame anyone for there not being a site, blame the council. Carolyn43
  • Score: 0

7:52pm Sun 27 Apr 14

Jo__Go says...

Baysider wrote:
Baysider wrote:
Carolyn43 wrote:
Don't know why people are panicking now - the travellers don't usually arrived until the end of June/beginning of July. Enjoy the next couple of months and then complain if they get here.
Complain to who? Whose fault is it then?
It's a valid question imo. Carolyn43 suggests we complain when they turn up but not who to or what she expects this to achieve? The authorities tried to do something to provide additional options but Carolyn et al put a spanner in that so what does she expect to happen as a result of her complaint to the mysterious body that can sort this issue out?

Rather than just thumbs down why not make some practical, legal suggestions as to what can be done?
Complain to the Police and the Council of course. Police have the responsibility to maintain law and order, and the Council to manage open spaces.
Neither Carolyn, nor any of the rest of the objectors scuppered the idiotic proposal put forward by BoP - they didn't need any help, having put together a ludicrous codge, in an indecent haste, that even the Planning Committee recognised as a right royal pile of tripe, and (to many people's surprise) rejected.
Having been sent packing with a well-deserved flea in their collective ear, let's hope that someone amongst the councillors and officers is now giving the problem the serious thought they should have done in the first place.
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Carolyn43[/bold] wrote: Don't know why people are panicking now - the travellers don't usually arrived until the end of June/beginning of July. Enjoy the next couple of months and then complain if they get here.[/p][/quote]Complain to who? Whose fault is it then?[/p][/quote]It's a valid question imo. Carolyn43 suggests we complain when they turn up but not who to or what she expects this to achieve? The authorities tried to do something to provide additional options but Carolyn et al put a spanner in that so what does she expect to happen as a result of her complaint to the mysterious body that can sort this issue out? Rather than just thumbs down why not make some practical, legal suggestions as to what can be done?[/p][/quote]Complain to the Police and the Council of course. Police have the responsibility to maintain law and order, and the Council to manage open spaces. Neither Carolyn, nor any of the rest of the objectors scuppered the idiotic proposal put forward by BoP - they didn't need any help, having put together a ludicrous codge, in an indecent haste, that even the Planning Committee recognised as a right royal pile of tripe, and (to many people's surprise) rejected. Having been sent packing with a well-deserved flea in their collective ear, let's hope that someone amongst the councillors and officers is now giving the problem the serious thought they should have done in the first place. Jo__Go
  • Score: 1

8:53pm Sun 27 Apr 14

Baysider says...

Jo__Go wrote:
Baysider wrote:
Baysider wrote:
Carolyn43 wrote:
Don't know why people are panicking now - the travellers don't usually arrived until the end of June/beginning of July. Enjoy the next couple of months and then complain if they get here.
Complain to who? Whose fault is it then?
It's a valid question imo. Carolyn43 suggests we complain when they turn up but not who to or what she expects this to achieve? The authorities tried to do something to provide additional options but Carolyn et al put a spanner in that so what does she expect to happen as a result of her complaint to the mysterious body that can sort this issue out?

Rather than just thumbs down why not make some practical, legal suggestions as to what can be done?
Complain to the Police and the Council of course. Police have the responsibility to maintain law and order, and the Council to manage open spaces.
Neither Carolyn, nor any of the rest of the objectors scuppered the idiotic proposal put forward by BoP - they didn't need any help, having put together a ludicrous codge, in an indecent haste, that even the Planning Committee recognised as a right royal pile of tripe, and (to many people's surprise) rejected.
Having been sent packing with a well-deserved flea in their collective ear, let's hope that someone amongst the councillors and officers is now giving the problem the serious thought they should have done in the first place.
Ahh...the usual rhetoric from the pair of you I see. Nothing has changed since last year except the suggested transit site, temporary stopping site or whatever it's called has been rejected by the politicians for political reasons. Nothing more, nothing less.

When they arrive they'll be the usual clammer to be the first on here to slate the council for not doing enough...not that there is ANYTHING that can be done whilst the legal situation remains the same.
[quote][p][bold]Jo__Go[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Carolyn43[/bold] wrote: Don't know why people are panicking now - the travellers don't usually arrived until the end of June/beginning of July. Enjoy the next couple of months and then complain if they get here.[/p][/quote]Complain to who? Whose fault is it then?[/p][/quote]It's a valid question imo. Carolyn43 suggests we complain when they turn up but not who to or what she expects this to achieve? The authorities tried to do something to provide additional options but Carolyn et al put a spanner in that so what does she expect to happen as a result of her complaint to the mysterious body that can sort this issue out? Rather than just thumbs down why not make some practical, legal suggestions as to what can be done?[/p][/quote]Complain to the Police and the Council of course. Police have the responsibility to maintain law and order, and the Council to manage open spaces. Neither Carolyn, nor any of the rest of the objectors scuppered the idiotic proposal put forward by BoP - they didn't need any help, having put together a ludicrous codge, in an indecent haste, that even the Planning Committee recognised as a right royal pile of tripe, and (to many people's surprise) rejected. Having been sent packing with a well-deserved flea in their collective ear, let's hope that someone amongst the councillors and officers is now giving the problem the serious thought they should have done in the first place.[/p][/quote]Ahh...the usual rhetoric from the pair of you I see. Nothing has changed since last year except the suggested transit site, temporary stopping site or whatever it's called has been rejected by the politicians for political reasons. Nothing more, nothing less. When they arrive they'll be the usual clammer to be the first on here to slate the council for not doing enough...not that there is ANYTHING that can be done whilst the legal situation remains the same. Baysider
  • Score: -2

11:22pm Sun 27 Apr 14

Jo__Go says...

Is that your best shot, Baysider? Call it rhetoric, give a knowing nod, and walk away from the facts trying desperately to look as though you know better?

I thought you had more bottle than that...
Is that your best shot, Baysider? Call it rhetoric, give a knowing nod, and walk away from the facts trying desperately to look as though you know better? I thought you had more bottle than that... Jo__Go
  • Score: 1

5:48am Mon 28 Apr 14

falco5 says...

Bob49 wrote:
" but until the day arrives when the country takes its PC hat of and grows a pair, that's all we can do."

oh dear

have you been at the Mail again ?

these folk are 'protected' by law, due to a ruling by an English judge

if we are to deal with the numerous problems they cause - then it might help if some locals actually bothered to check up on stuff first rather than simply bleating out 'political correctness', like an over excited cuckoo clock, at every possible occasion
I'm well aware that they are protected by law, it's the law that needs to change! !! Nothing to do with the 'Daily Mail', a common statement put about by Sandal wearing yogurt knitters. We have tried the softly softly approach on a good many things over recent years and is just not working. If you or I or any law abiding, tax paying, member of the community did what they do we would be locked up, admittedly in a very cushy prison. There you go, the Daily Mail strikes again! !!!
[quote][p][bold]Bob49[/bold] wrote: " but until the day arrives when the country takes its PC hat of and grows a pair, that's all we can do." oh dear have you been at the Mail again ? these folk are 'protected' by law, due to a ruling by an English judge if we are to deal with the numerous problems they cause - then it might help if some locals actually bothered to check up on stuff first rather than simply bleating out 'political correctness', like an over excited cuckoo clock, at every possible occasion[/p][/quote]I'm well aware that they are protected by law, it's the law that needs to change! !! Nothing to do with the 'Daily Mail', a common statement put about by Sandal wearing yogurt knitters. We have tried the softly softly approach on a good many things over recent years and is just not working. If you or I or any law abiding, tax paying, member of the community did what they do we would be locked up, admittedly in a very cushy prison. There you go, the Daily Mail strikes again! !!! falco5
  • Score: 1

7:38am Mon 28 Apr 14

Baysider says...

Jo__Go wrote:
Is that your best shot, Baysider? Call it rhetoric, give a knowing nod, and walk away from the facts trying desperately to look as though you know better?

I thought you had more bottle than that...
Not quite sure what your point is there but what you're saying is rhetoric isn't it. You and others have made no useful, practical suggestions as to what the authorities can do the next time they arrive beyond you making some nebulous complaint and moaning on here and sticking your fingers in your ears when you're told the legal process is being followed yet again.
[quote][p][bold]Jo__Go[/bold] wrote: Is that your best shot, Baysider? Call it rhetoric, give a knowing nod, and walk away from the facts trying desperately to look as though you know better? I thought you had more bottle than that...[/p][/quote]Not quite sure what your point is there but what you're saying is rhetoric isn't it. You and others have made no useful, practical suggestions as to what the authorities can do the next time they arrive beyond you making some nebulous complaint and moaning on here and sticking your fingers in your ears when you're told the legal process is being followed yet again. Baysider
  • Score: -3

8:30am Mon 28 Apr 14

Carolyn43 says...

Baysider wrote:
Jo__Go wrote:
Is that your best shot, Baysider? Call it rhetoric, give a knowing nod, and walk away from the facts trying desperately to look as though you know better?

I thought you had more bottle than that...
Not quite sure what your point is there but what you're saying is rhetoric isn't it. You and others have made no useful, practical suggestions as to what the authorities can do the next time they arrive beyond you making some nebulous complaint and moaning on here and sticking your fingers in your ears when you're told the legal process is being followed yet again.
What the local authorities need to do is firstly lobby for a change in the law.
......
Secondly look for a place for the travellers to pitch up that they WILL use - not a patch of contaminated land on a dual carriageway which could result in accidents involving both travellers/their animals/their children as well as innocent motorists, sharing access with the fire service, with lights on a roundabout on all night, with traffic noise and pollution from traffic fumes that they won't use, and will be waste of council tax payers money. That was the best they could come up with.
......
If you look at the planning document, you'll see that planning officials acknowledged all of those and more in the document, but added for each one in planning speak "but that doesn't matter".
.......
We now know why the stadium car park, which was on the list, was rejected - development of the stadium and yet more flats so someone's getting a nice little earner out of that. Others were rejected because they were in the wards of certain councillors.
.......
Truth is that if the list of considered places is really all there is, then there's nowhere in Poole that can be used. And please don't say lumber the residents of Creekmoor and put it on the Park and Ride because they don't matter as it doesn't affect you. The council ruled that out themselves because of the conditions under which it was built. Creekmoor already gets illegal encampments, so the residents are just as p*****d off as everyone else.
.......
Change in the law is the only way forward.
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jo__Go[/bold] wrote: Is that your best shot, Baysider? Call it rhetoric, give a knowing nod, and walk away from the facts trying desperately to look as though you know better? I thought you had more bottle than that...[/p][/quote]Not quite sure what your point is there but what you're saying is rhetoric isn't it. You and others have made no useful, practical suggestions as to what the authorities can do the next time they arrive beyond you making some nebulous complaint and moaning on here and sticking your fingers in your ears when you're told the legal process is being followed yet again.[/p][/quote]What the local authorities need to do is firstly lobby for a change in the law. ...... Secondly look for a place for the travellers to pitch up that they WILL use - not a patch of contaminated land on a dual carriageway which could result in accidents involving both travellers/their animals/their children as well as innocent motorists, sharing access with the fire service, with lights on a roundabout on all night, with traffic noise and pollution from traffic fumes that they won't use, and will be waste of council tax payers money. That was the best they could come up with. ...... If you look at the planning document, you'll see that planning officials acknowledged all of those and more in the document, but added for each one in planning speak "but that doesn't matter". ....... We now know why the stadium car park, which was on the list, was rejected - development of the stadium and yet more flats so someone's getting a nice little earner out of that. Others were rejected because they were in the wards of certain councillors. ....... Truth is that if the list of considered places is really all there is, then there's nowhere in Poole that can be used. And please don't say lumber the residents of Creekmoor and put it on the Park and Ride because they don't matter as it doesn't affect you. The council ruled that out themselves because of the conditions under which it was built. Creekmoor already gets illegal encampments, so the residents are just as p*****d off as everyone else. ....... Change in the law is the only way forward. Carolyn43
  • Score: 1

9:15am Mon 28 Apr 14

moleman says...

Well done Bournemouth Council.
It is a shame that Poole don't seem to be able to operate in such an efficient manner and instead spend days trying to get a legal remedy, when a bit of proactive management by the council could provide a speedy resolution.
Well done Bournemouth Council. It is a shame that Poole don't seem to be able to operate in such an efficient manner and instead spend days trying to get a legal remedy, when a bit of proactive management by the council could provide a speedy resolution. moleman
  • Score: 2

9:16am Mon 28 Apr 14

Blackandred says...

I think I'll have myself listed as a member of an ethnically diverse or other made-up social group and then when I go on holiday this summer, I'll park where I like, pitch a tent in someone's front garden and throw my rubbish and effluent everywhere. I’ll let my kids run around and threaten people and make sure my dogs aren’t controlled. I’ve already handed back my car tax disc and cancelled my insurance; all I need to do next is locate the nearest benefit office so that I can fund my summer tour. Thanks in advance to the local taxpayers who will also be subsidising me. By the way, because I’m an official member of an ethnically diverse social group, I will take legal action if anyone has the nerve to criticise my lifestyle.
I think I'll have myself listed as a member of an ethnically diverse or other made-up social group and then when I go on holiday this summer, I'll park where I like, pitch a tent in someone's front garden and throw my rubbish and effluent everywhere. I’ll let my kids run around and threaten people and make sure my dogs aren’t controlled. I’ve already handed back my car tax disc and cancelled my insurance; all I need to do next is locate the nearest benefit office so that I can fund my summer tour. Thanks in advance to the local taxpayers who will also be subsidising me. By the way, because I’m an official member of an ethnically diverse social group, I will take legal action if anyone has the nerve to criticise my lifestyle. Blackandred
  • Score: 4

9:23am Mon 28 Apr 14

Marty Caine UKIP says...

Baysider wrote:
Jo__Go wrote:
Baysider wrote:
Baysider wrote:
Carolyn43 wrote:
Don't know why people are panicking now - the travellers don't usually arrived until the end of June/beginning of July. Enjoy the next couple of months and then complain if they get here.
Complain to who? Whose fault is it then?
It's a valid question imo. Carolyn43 suggests we complain when they turn up but not who to or what she expects this to achieve? The authorities tried to do something to provide additional options but Carolyn et al put a spanner in that so what does she expect to happen as a result of her complaint to the mysterious body that can sort this issue out?

Rather than just thumbs down why not make some practical, legal suggestions as to what can be done?
Complain to the Police and the Council of course. Police have the responsibility to maintain law and order, and the Council to manage open spaces.
Neither Carolyn, nor any of the rest of the objectors scuppered the idiotic proposal put forward by BoP - they didn't need any help, having put together a ludicrous codge, in an indecent haste, that even the Planning Committee recognised as a right royal pile of tripe, and (to many people's surprise) rejected.
Having been sent packing with a well-deserved flea in their collective ear, let's hope that someone amongst the councillors and officers is now giving the problem the serious thought they should have done in the first place.
Ahh...the usual rhetoric from the pair of you I see. Nothing has changed since last year except the suggested transit site, temporary stopping site or whatever it's called has been rejected by the politicians for political reasons. Nothing more, nothing less.

When they arrive they'll be the usual clammer to be the first on here to slate the council for not doing enough...not that there is ANYTHING that can be done whilst the legal situation remains the same.
Just out of curiosity what political reasons are you referring to, the only ones to really gain from the common sense decision made by the planning committee to reject the Safety Drive site was in fact the people of Poole. The land deal adds £400k to the coffers, 200 jobs will be created and the revenue from the business rates will certainly help the borough and the site will be being used for its intended use. If anything I would say the end result was a political embarrassment for those involved.

You are however right in respect of the law needs to be changed and the only way to do that is through parliament, so maybe some could start explaining this to our Poole MP Robert Syms who seemed far more intent on petitioning parliament to allow Bournemouth to share a Poole Temporary Stopping Site, rather than look after his constituents and try to get the law changed. so that neither Poole nor Bournemouth needed one.
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jo__Go[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Carolyn43[/bold] wrote: Don't know why people are panicking now - the travellers don't usually arrived until the end of June/beginning of July. Enjoy the next couple of months and then complain if they get here.[/p][/quote]Complain to who? Whose fault is it then?[/p][/quote]It's a valid question imo. Carolyn43 suggests we complain when they turn up but not who to or what she expects this to achieve? The authorities tried to do something to provide additional options but Carolyn et al put a spanner in that so what does she expect to happen as a result of her complaint to the mysterious body that can sort this issue out? Rather than just thumbs down why not make some practical, legal suggestions as to what can be done?[/p][/quote]Complain to the Police and the Council of course. Police have the responsibility to maintain law and order, and the Council to manage open spaces. Neither Carolyn, nor any of the rest of the objectors scuppered the idiotic proposal put forward by BoP - they didn't need any help, having put together a ludicrous codge, in an indecent haste, that even the Planning Committee recognised as a right royal pile of tripe, and (to many people's surprise) rejected. Having been sent packing with a well-deserved flea in their collective ear, let's hope that someone amongst the councillors and officers is now giving the problem the serious thought they should have done in the first place.[/p][/quote]Ahh...the usual rhetoric from the pair of you I see. Nothing has changed since last year except the suggested transit site, temporary stopping site or whatever it's called has been rejected by the politicians for political reasons. Nothing more, nothing less. When they arrive they'll be the usual clammer to be the first on here to slate the council for not doing enough...not that there is ANYTHING that can be done whilst the legal situation remains the same.[/p][/quote]Just out of curiosity what political reasons are you referring to, the only ones to really gain from the common sense decision made by the planning committee to reject the Safety Drive site was in fact the people of Poole. The land deal adds £400k to the coffers, 200 jobs will be created and the revenue from the business rates will certainly help the borough and the site will be being used for its intended use. If anything I would say the end result was a political embarrassment for those involved. You are however right in respect of the law needs to be changed and the only way to do that is through parliament, so maybe some could start explaining this to our Poole MP Robert Syms who seemed far more intent on petitioning parliament to allow Bournemouth to share a Poole Temporary Stopping Site, rather than look after his constituents and try to get the law changed. so that neither Poole nor Bournemouth needed one. Marty Caine UKIP
  • Score: 2

9:35am Mon 28 Apr 14

Jo__Go says...

Baysider wrote:
Jo__Go wrote:
Is that your best shot, Baysider? Call it rhetoric, give a knowing nod, and walk away from the facts trying desperately to look as though you know better?

I thought you had more bottle than that...
Not quite sure what your point is there but what you're saying is rhetoric isn't it. You and others have made no useful, practical suggestions as to what the authorities can do the next time they arrive beyond you making some nebulous complaint and moaning on here and sticking your fingers in your ears when you're told the legal process is being followed yet again.
Remind me again what your useful and practical suggestions have been? I can't seem to extract them from all the blather criticising those of us that took part in, and supported, extremely useful and practical action, saving the council from wasting £300,000 on a folly project that would have addressed precisely 0% of the problem.

Your contribution appears to mostly agree with me, in that a year has been wasted, and many thousands of pounds burned, to move the situation absolutely no further forward, other than hacking off a large slice of the electorate.

Change the law. And until it's changed, apply the existing laws on trespass, criminal damage, threatening and abusive behaviour, and vandalism.
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jo__Go[/bold] wrote: Is that your best shot, Baysider? Call it rhetoric, give a knowing nod, and walk away from the facts trying desperately to look as though you know better? I thought you had more bottle than that...[/p][/quote]Not quite sure what your point is there but what you're saying is rhetoric isn't it. You and others have made no useful, practical suggestions as to what the authorities can do the next time they arrive beyond you making some nebulous complaint and moaning on here and sticking your fingers in your ears when you're told the legal process is being followed yet again.[/p][/quote]Remind me again what your useful and practical suggestions have been? I can't seem to extract them from all the blather criticising those of us that took part in, and supported, extremely useful and practical action, saving the council from wasting £300,000 on a folly project that would have addressed precisely 0% of the problem. Your contribution appears to mostly agree with me, in that a year has been wasted, and many thousands of pounds burned, to move the situation absolutely no further forward, other than hacking off a large slice of the electorate. Change the law. And until it's changed, apply the existing laws on trespass, criminal damage, threatening and abusive behaviour, and vandalism. Jo__Go
  • Score: 1

9:57am Mon 28 Apr 14

Phixer says...

Marty Caine UKIP wrote:
Instead of griping about transit sites and travellers how about a well done mention to the security team that stopped them getting onto Kings Park.
I wouldn't have to spend my taxed income on security if common sense prevailed with our MP's and stopped this legal, free-loading nonsense by a minority non-ethnic group.

Is your response the best we can expect if UKIP won the next election? Pathetic!
[quote][p][bold]Marty Caine UKIP[/bold] wrote: Instead of griping about transit sites and travellers how about a well done mention to the security team that stopped them getting onto Kings Park.[/p][/quote]I wouldn't have to spend my taxed income on security if common sense prevailed with our MP's and stopped this legal, free-loading nonsense by a minority non-ethnic group. Is your response the best we can expect if UKIP won the next election? Pathetic! Phixer
  • Score: -1

11:51am Mon 28 Apr 14

speedy231278 says...

I hope someone checked that the vehicles were MOT'd, taxed and insured?
I hope someone checked that the vehicles were MOT'd, taxed and insured? speedy231278
  • Score: 2

12:02pm Mon 28 Apr 14

Marty Caine UKIP says...

Phixer wrote:
Marty Caine UKIP wrote:
Instead of griping about transit sites and travellers how about a well done mention to the security team that stopped them getting onto Kings Park.
I wouldn't have to spend my taxed income on security if common sense prevailed with our MP's and stopped this legal, free-loading nonsense by a minority non-ethnic group.

Is your response the best we can expect if UKIP won the next election? Pathetic!
Actually pathetic is blaming UKIP for what our current MP's do or don't do as we do not have any say in parliament yet, though that is about to change next year.

Or is it just because I have UKIP by my name that you feel I am wrong to say we should praise those that have done a good job ?
[quote][p][bold]Phixer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Marty Caine UKIP[/bold] wrote: Instead of griping about transit sites and travellers how about a well done mention to the security team that stopped them getting onto Kings Park.[/p][/quote]I wouldn't have to spend my taxed income on security if common sense prevailed with our MP's and stopped this legal, free-loading nonsense by a minority non-ethnic group. Is your response the best we can expect if UKIP won the next election? Pathetic![/p][/quote]Actually pathetic is blaming UKIP for what our current MP's do or don't do as we do not have any say in parliament yet, though that is about to change next year. Or is it just because I have UKIP by my name that you feel I am wrong to say we should praise those that have done a good job ? Marty Caine UKIP
  • Score: 1

12:17pm Mon 28 Apr 14

TheDistrict says...

cest vrai wrote:
itsneverblackorwhite wrote:
The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp!
They've got one.. Called West Howe...family Reunion..
cest vrai, INDEED, you live up to your name. You obviously have no knowledge of West Howe now, or from time gone by. I was born and bred in West Howe, and yes we had Gypsy's who lived in the roads along with the rest of us, who worked, and who paid their ways like everyone else. But not travellers. Travellers as we know have always visited and encamped wherever they liked without any consideration for authority or those who live around them and use the same parks, etc.

If you are not capable of offering facts to your comments, then may we suiggest that you shut up.
[quote][p][bold]cest vrai[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]itsneverblackorwhite[/bold] wrote: The answer is simple provide them with a transit camp![/p][/quote]They've got one.. Called West Howe...family Reunion..[/p][/quote]cest vrai, INDEED, you live up to your name. You obviously have no knowledge of West Howe now, or from time gone by. I was born and bred in West Howe, and yes we had Gypsy's who lived in the roads along with the rest of us, who worked, and who paid their ways like everyone else. But not travellers. Travellers as we know have always visited and encamped wherever they liked without any consideration for authority or those who live around them and use the same parks, etc. If you are not capable of offering facts to your comments, then may we suiggest that you shut up. TheDistrict
  • Score: 0

1:29pm Mon 28 Apr 14

NickTheGreekinBmth says...

Marty Caine UKIP wrote:
Instead of griping about transit sites and travellers how about a well done mention to the security team that stopped them getting onto Kings Park.
Or dare I say it even a well done to the council for putting them there. I don't think their doing it for free!
[quote][p][bold]Marty Caine UKIP[/bold] wrote: Instead of griping about transit sites and travellers how about a well done mention to the security team that stopped them getting onto Kings Park.[/p][/quote]Or dare I say it even a well done to the council for putting them there. I don't think their doing it for free! NickTheGreekinBmth
  • Score: 0

9:03am Fri 2 May 14

RM says...

Kiki1973 wrote:
Bob49 wrote:
"the authority received information that local sites might be targeted. "

and how was that information obtained one has to wonder ?

hmmm
Other councils who have been targeted share the info, so, for example, if they tried to camp in Christchurch, their council would call Bournemouth. When Bournemouth turns them away, they will inform Poole and so on.
And then the Council & police will get themselves all geared up to protect the 'rights' of the travellers, like they did last year?
[quote][p][bold]Kiki1973[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bob49[/bold] wrote: "the authority received information that local sites might be targeted. " and how was that information obtained one has to wonder ? hmmm[/p][/quote]Other councils who have been targeted share the info, so, for example, if they tried to camp in Christchurch, their council would call Bournemouth. When Bournemouth turns them away, they will inform Poole and so on.[/p][/quote]And then the Council & police will get themselves all geared up to protect the 'rights' of the travellers, like they did last year? RM
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree