Fire crews called to Roberts Road, Waterloo, Poole, after bedroom incident

Two men treated for smoke inhalation after mattress catches light

Two men treated for smoke inhalation after mattress catches light

First published in News

TWO men were treated for smoke inhalation after a mattress caught light in a Poole home.

Fire crews from Redhill and Poole were called at 7.18pm on Monday to Roberts Road, Waterloo, and found that the occupier had removed the mattress from the bedroom and put out the fire using a dry powder extinguisher.

When firefighters arrived they dealt with a small fire in the bedroom.

A spokesman for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the fire was thought to be accidental and two men were treated by the ambulance service for slight smoke inhalation.

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:47am Tue 22 Apr 14

Lord Spring says...

Was it spontaneous combustion should have got rid of the palliasse,
Was it spontaneous combustion should have got rid of the palliasse, Lord Spring
  • Score: 0

11:49am Tue 22 Apr 14

BIGTONE says...

Not enough Water in the Loo to put it out.
Not enough Water in the Loo to put it out. BIGTONE
  • Score: 1

2:47pm Tue 22 Apr 14

guisselle says...

Oh dear smoking guns again!
Oh dear smoking guns again! guisselle
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree