LIVE: Another Christchurch supermarket to get decision - with Co-op also set for approval in Fairmile (From Bournemouth Echo)
When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
LIVE: Another Christchurch supermarket to get decision - with Co-op also set for approval in Fairmile
PLANS for a bigger supermarket in Christchurch will go before councillors at Christchurch tonight in the latest twist in the borough’s food store saga.
Last week, a Morrisons food store at Beagle in Stony Lane, Christchurch was rejected by members of the planning committee in a three-hour meeting.
Revised plans for a bigger store on the Meteor Retail Park site in Somerford Road were due to be decided last week but councillors ran out of time.
- Store wars: Asda threaten to pull out if rival supermarket schemes get go-ahead
- Christchurch supermarket battle like a “Mexican standoff”
- LIVE: Crunch meeting to decide whether supermarket schemes for Christchurch should get the go-ahead
- Morrisons supermarket scheme for Christchurch rejected - for third time
- Councillor defends rejection of Morrisons supermarket for Christchurch
- ‘We’re still committed to Christchurch’, says Beagle boss after Morrisons scheme is refused
- Traders fight application to convert derelict Fairmile pub into Co-op store
The site, on the land of the former Stylesouth Interiors and PC World, already has permission for a food store, but developers Brookhouse have applied to make it bigger by removing two non-food outlets.
The scheme is recommended for refusal.
Representatives from Quantum, who plan to build an Asda at Bailey Drive off Barrack Road, and Morrisons are likely to be at the meeting tonight.
John Taylor, MD of Beagle Technology, who would have moved their premises to Bournemouth Airport if the Morrisons application had been approved, also said he will be there.
A scheme for a Co-op on the site of the former Fairmile pub is also due for decision.
Residents have opposed the plans.
Live tweets will begin at 5.30pm.
Comments are closed on this article.