FIREFIGHTERS were called to a country house in Dorset after a bonfire got out of control and spread to a summer house.
Crews from Dorchester, Bere Regis and Wareham were sent to Athelhampton House, where pupils from Lytchett Minster School were having their year 11 prom event, at around 6pm on Friday.
Firefighters found that flames from a bonfire had spread to the summer house, which was built from wood.
It was left badly damaged and some grass was also affected.
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service has reminded people to take care as to where they position bonfires, especially in hot, dry weather, and to have a hose pipe on standby.
The school's event was unaffected by the incident.