Bournemouth EchoFirefighters called to cooking blaze in Poole (From Bournemouth Echo)

When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.

Firefighters called to cooking blaze in Bournemouth Road, Parkstone

Bournemouth Echo: Firefighters called to cooking blaze in Poole Firefighters called to cooking blaze in Poole

DORSET Fire and Rescue Service has reminded people about the importance of smoke alarms after a fire in Poole this morning.

Crews from Westbourne and Redhill fire stations were sent to the scene in Bournemouth Road, Upper Parkstone, at 9am.

They found smoke coming from a flat and found that cooking that had been left unattended had caught light.

Firefighters removed it from the flat.

A spokesman for the service said: “On this occasion a neighbour was alerted by the sounding of the smoke alarm.

“This incident could have been much worse and is a reminder of the importance of having a working smoke alarm as well as not leaving cooking unattended.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree