Bournemouth EchoUPDATE: Firefighters rescue man from flats blaze (From Bournemouth Echo)

When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.

Firefighters tackle flats blaze in Gillingham, rescuing one person

Bournemouth Echo: Firefighters rescue one person from flats blaze Firefighters rescue one person from flats blaze

FIREFIGHTERS attended a flat fire believed to be caused by unattended cooking on Station Yard in Gillingham this morning.

A member of the public made a call to emergency services at 10.47am after smoke was seen coming out of the flat, leading to three crews from Gillingham and Shaftesbury Fire Stations attending the scene.

On arrival, fire fighters discovered the blaze was in the kitchen, and used two breathing apparatus and a hose to extinguish the flames, which were out by 11.15am.

They also recued one man from the building, who was treated at the scene by South Western Ambulance Service.

Crews then worked to dampen down the area affected by fire, which saw 10 per cent damage to the kitchen and lounge area, with further smoke damage to the rest of the flat.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree