Call for police to seize “dangerous” dog after ‘horrifying’ attack in Poole high street

‘IT COULD HAVE BEEN A CHILD’: Susan Burrell with Dexter

‘IT COULD HAVE BEEN A CHILD’: Susan Burrell with Dexter

First published in News by

A COUPLE from Poole are calling for the “dangerous” dog which attacked their two-year-old West Highland Terrier in the middle of the highstreet to be seized by police.

Susan and Anthony Burrell were out shopping when their pet dog Dexter was set upon by what they believe to be an American pitbull cross, a banned breed under the Dangerous Dogs Act.

During the frenzied attack, which took place on Saturday, March 15, the family’s pet was pinned to the floor while Mr Burrell and passers-by tried desperately to pull him free.

Mrs Burrell, who works as a nurse at Poole Hospital, said: “My husband was walking along with him [Dexter] and the dog just grabbed him and started throwing him around.”

“It was horrific. I thought he was going to die,”

Mrs Burrell has thanked passers-by who tried to help as her husband attempted to rescue the dog.

“One woman was throwing water over them. Another man was trying to pull open the dog’s jaw. In the end it finally let go,” she said.

The family’s pet suffered bite wounds and bruising during the attack.

Mrs Burrell said: “He ended up with one of the incisors hooking into him. He has teeth marks all over him. He’s very swollen and bruised.

She added: “The most distressing thing was that the police did not take the dog. It could have been a child.”

Sarah Whitbourn, animal welfare officer at Borough of Poole, said: “We received a report of a dog attacking another dog in Poole High Street and are currently investigating to establish what, if any, action might be taken against the owner of the attacking dog.

“It was initially thought the dog might be a banned breed and if we feel this is the case we will pass the case to the police for further investigation.

“If the dog is not a banned breed then we may consider action such as a muzzle.”

Comments (30)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:14pm Sat 29 Mar 14

we-shall-see says...

The High Street is full of CCTV, surely one of the camera's would have captured it all going on?
The High Street is full of CCTV, surely one of the camera's would have captured it all going on? we-shall-see
  • Score: 31

6:40pm Sat 29 Mar 14

EGHH says...

Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.
Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon. EGHH
  • Score: 19

7:06pm Sat 29 Mar 14

Blah01 says...

EGHH wrote:
Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.
I wouldn't say Westies are the most placid breed, I am fed up of small dogs, including Westies going for my large breed dog when we are out walking and their owners thinking it is fine because they are small.

Not justifying what happened to Dexter, but why is it always assumed that when a dog is attacked by a bull breed that it is a Pitbull? I work with dogs and have only ever seen two - there are not that many of them in this area!
[quote][p][bold]EGHH[/bold] wrote: Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.[/p][/quote]I wouldn't say Westies are the most placid breed, I am fed up of small dogs, including Westies going for my large breed dog when we are out walking and their owners thinking it is fine because they are small. Not justifying what happened to Dexter, but why is it always assumed that when a dog is attacked by a bull breed that it is a Pitbull? I work with dogs and have only ever seen two - there are not that many of them in this area! Blah01
  • Score: 33

7:53pm Sat 29 Mar 14

carrrob says...

Blah01 wrote:
EGHH wrote:
Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.
I wouldn't say Westies are the most placid breed, I am fed up of small dogs, including Westies going for my large breed dog when we are out walking and their owners thinking it is fine because they are small.

Not justifying what happened to Dexter, but why is it always assumed that when a dog is attacked by a bull breed that it is a Pitbull? I work with dogs and have only ever seen two - there are not that many of them in this area!
Oh get real !!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Blah01[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EGHH[/bold] wrote: Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.[/p][/quote]I wouldn't say Westies are the most placid breed, I am fed up of small dogs, including Westies going for my large breed dog when we are out walking and their owners thinking it is fine because they are small. Not justifying what happened to Dexter, but why is it always assumed that when a dog is attacked by a bull breed that it is a Pitbull? I work with dogs and have only ever seen two - there are not that many of them in this area![/p][/quote]Oh get real !!!!! carrrob
  • Score: -6

8:13pm Sat 29 Mar 14

mumble says...

Blah01 wrote:
EGHH wrote:
Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.
I wouldn't say Westies are the most placid breed, I am fed up of small dogs, including Westies going for my large breed dog when we are out walking and their owners thinking it is fine because they are small.

Not justifying what happened to Dexter, but why is it always assumed that when a dog is attacked by a bull breed that it is a Pitbull? I work with dogs and have only ever seen two - there are not that many of them in this area!
I agree, working in a vets, I've only ever seen one 'pitbull type', however, I have seen horrific injuries inflicted on a Staffie by a border collie apparently well known in their local area for being dangerous. The collie came out of nowhere and attacked the staffie which was on a lead. The owners of the injured dog contacted the Echo but the story was never reported........funn
y that.
[quote][p][bold]Blah01[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EGHH[/bold] wrote: Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.[/p][/quote]I wouldn't say Westies are the most placid breed, I am fed up of small dogs, including Westies going for my large breed dog when we are out walking and their owners thinking it is fine because they are small. Not justifying what happened to Dexter, but why is it always assumed that when a dog is attacked by a bull breed that it is a Pitbull? I work with dogs and have only ever seen two - there are not that many of them in this area![/p][/quote]I agree, working in a vets, I've only ever seen one 'pitbull type', however, I have seen horrific injuries inflicted on a Staffie by a border collie apparently well known in their local area for being dangerous. The collie came out of nowhere and attacked the staffie which was on a lead. The owners of the injured dog contacted the Echo but the story was never reported........funn y that. mumble
  • Score: 17

8:20pm Sat 29 Mar 14

ashleycross says...

There s a white pit bull with brown patches around the head and neck that visits christchurch
There s a white pit bull with brown patches around the head and neck that visits christchurch ashleycross
  • Score: 0

8:21pm Sat 29 Mar 14

kalebmoledirt says...

A daily accurance in the Gentile sea side resort of Bournemouth.What is more important the lower order that feel the need to protect their interests my parading a potential lethal weapon in the form of an intimidating dog.strike out and declare Dorset as a killer dog free cone
A daily accurance in the Gentile sea side resort of Bournemouth.What is more important the lower order that feel the need to protect their interests my parading a potential lethal weapon in the form of an intimidating dog.strike out and declare Dorset as a killer dog free cone kalebmoledirt
  • Score: -5

8:23pm Sat 29 Mar 14

stevobath says...

EGHH wrote:
Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.
Placid?...I own a Staffie. The ONLY dogs that ever bark & are aggressive EVERY time toward MY dog are 2 Westies , the owner of which, doesn't see it as a problem & just grins & shuffles off oblivious. They are the same with other dogs too, so it's not just 'doggy politics' as I call it.

My dog has been socialised & is well behaved & causes no problems. I bet however , if he were to bark & act aggressive I'd never hear the end of it?

I love all dogs but Westies are often yappy , aggressive & highly strung.

As for BSL. It's a flawed law. Deed not breed...

A tape measure & spurious definitions on what a breed may or may not look like , makes no sense.

My friend has a large Labrador X Staffie, along with the said dogs dad & Mum. He looks very like a 'Pit Bull TYPE' dog. There lies the problem. 'TYPE'
[quote][p][bold]EGHH[/bold] wrote: Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.[/p][/quote]Placid?...I own a Staffie. The ONLY dogs that ever bark & are aggressive EVERY time toward MY dog are 2 Westies , the owner of which, doesn't see it as a problem & just grins & shuffles off oblivious. They are the same with other dogs too, so it's not just 'doggy politics' as I call it. My dog has been socialised & is well behaved & causes no problems. I bet however , if he were to bark & act aggressive I'd never hear the end of it? I love all dogs but Westies are often yappy , aggressive & highly strung. As for BSL. It's a flawed law. Deed not breed... A tape measure & spurious definitions on what a breed may or may not look like , makes no sense. My friend has a large Labrador X Staffie, along with the said dogs dad & Mum. He looks very like a 'Pit Bull TYPE' dog. There lies the problem. 'TYPE' stevobath
  • Score: 10

8:28pm Sat 29 Mar 14

ranger_bob says...

kalebmoledirt wrote:
A daily accurance in the Gentile sea side resort of Bournemouth.What is more important the lower order that feel the need to protect their interests my parading a potential lethal weapon in the form of an intimidating dog.strike out and declare Dorset as a killer dog free cone
Actually I think you'll find that there is a rather large Jewish population in Bournemouth. Although what that has to do with this story is beyond me.

Or do you perchance need to brush up on your English skills? Did you mean genteel?
[quote][p][bold]kalebmoledirt[/bold] wrote: A daily accurance in the Gentile sea side resort of Bournemouth.What is more important the lower order that feel the need to protect their interests my parading a potential lethal weapon in the form of an intimidating dog.strike out and declare Dorset as a killer dog free cone[/p][/quote]Actually I think you'll find that there is a rather large Jewish population in Bournemouth. Although what that has to do with this story is beyond me. Or do you perchance need to brush up on your English skills? Did you mean genteel? ranger_bob
  • Score: 6

8:30pm Sat 29 Mar 14

Blah01 says...

mumble wrote:
Blah01 wrote:
EGHH wrote:
Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.
I wouldn't say Westies are the most placid breed, I am fed up of small dogs, including Westies going for my large breed dog when we are out walking and their owners thinking it is fine because they are small.

Not justifying what happened to Dexter, but why is it always assumed that when a dog is attacked by a bull breed that it is a Pitbull? I work with dogs and have only ever seen two - there are not that many of them in this area!
I agree, working in a vets, I've only ever seen one 'pitbull type', however, I have seen horrific injuries inflicted on a Staffie by a border collie apparently well known in their local area for being dangerous. The collie came out of nowhere and attacked the staffie which was on a lead. The owners of the injured dog contacted the Echo but the story was never reported........funn

y that.
Exactly, the press have got it in for staffies. If they were really interested in dog attacks then they would find that far more are carried out by other breeds, and the same goes for dog on human attacks, you are statistically more likely to be bitten by a Labrador than a staffy.
[quote][p][bold]mumble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Blah01[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EGHH[/bold] wrote: Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.[/p][/quote]I wouldn't say Westies are the most placid breed, I am fed up of small dogs, including Westies going for my large breed dog when we are out walking and their owners thinking it is fine because they are small. Not justifying what happened to Dexter, but why is it always assumed that when a dog is attacked by a bull breed that it is a Pitbull? I work with dogs and have only ever seen two - there are not that many of them in this area![/p][/quote]I agree, working in a vets, I've only ever seen one 'pitbull type', however, I have seen horrific injuries inflicted on a Staffie by a border collie apparently well known in their local area for being dangerous. The collie came out of nowhere and attacked the staffie which was on a lead. The owners of the injured dog contacted the Echo but the story was never reported........funn y that.[/p][/quote]Exactly, the press have got it in for staffies. If they were really interested in dog attacks then they would find that far more are carried out by other breeds, and the same goes for dog on human attacks, you are statistically more likely to be bitten by a Labrador than a staffy. Blah01
  • Score: 3

8:31pm Sat 29 Mar 14

stevobath says...

carrrob wrote:
Blah01 wrote:
EGHH wrote:
Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.
I wouldn't say Westies are the most placid breed, I am fed up of small dogs, including Westies going for my large breed dog when we are out walking and their owners thinking it is fine because they are small.

Not justifying what happened to Dexter, but why is it always assumed that when a dog is attacked by a bull breed that it is a Pitbull? I work with dogs and have only ever seen two - there are not that many of them in this area!
Oh get real !!!!!
What exactly does 'Get real' mean?

Are you an expert on 'Pit Bulls?

Lots of X breeds have a Pit Bull LOOK. Doesn't mean they are though.
[quote][p][bold]carrrob[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Blah01[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EGHH[/bold] wrote: Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.[/p][/quote]I wouldn't say Westies are the most placid breed, I am fed up of small dogs, including Westies going for my large breed dog when we are out walking and their owners thinking it is fine because they are small. Not justifying what happened to Dexter, but why is it always assumed that when a dog is attacked by a bull breed that it is a Pitbull? I work with dogs and have only ever seen two - there are not that many of them in this area![/p][/quote]Oh get real !!!!![/p][/quote]What exactly does 'Get real' mean? Are you an expert on 'Pit Bulls? Lots of X breeds have a Pit Bull LOOK. Doesn't mean they are though. stevobath
  • Score: 1

8:59pm Sat 29 Mar 14

kalebmoledirt says...

ranger_bob wrote:
kalebmoledirt wrote:
A daily accurance in the Gentile sea side resort of Bournemouth.What is more important the lower order that feel the need to protect their interests my parading a potential lethal weapon in the form of an intimidating dog.strike out and declare Dorset as a killer dog free cone
Actually I think you'll find that there is a rather large Jewish population in Bournemouth. Although what that has to do with this story is beyond me.

Or do you perchance need to brush up on your English skills? Did you mean genteel?
Thanks for the correction in grammar.And the explanation why there as so few Palastinions
[quote][p][bold]ranger_bob[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kalebmoledirt[/bold] wrote: A daily accurance in the Gentile sea side resort of Bournemouth.What is more important the lower order that feel the need to protect their interests my parading a potential lethal weapon in the form of an intimidating dog.strike out and declare Dorset as a killer dog free cone[/p][/quote]Actually I think you'll find that there is a rather large Jewish population in Bournemouth. Although what that has to do with this story is beyond me. Or do you perchance need to brush up on your English skills? Did you mean genteel?[/p][/quote]Thanks for the correction in grammar.And the explanation why there as so few Palastinions kalebmoledirt
  • Score: -6

9:00pm Sat 29 Mar 14

poolebabe says...

It's unlikely the police will do much for dog on dog attack. The law needs to change and apply the dangerously out of control in public, even if the dog is on lead and it's dog on dog. But! Some owners of small dogs need to realise that over protecting them can lead to aggression and another dog can see that as a threat. All in all, some and I repeat some owners need to do more to train and socialise their dogs. That's big dogs, small and all inbetween.
It's unlikely the police will do much for dog on dog attack. The law needs to change and apply the dangerously out of control in public, even if the dog is on lead and it's dog on dog. But! Some owners of small dogs need to realise that over protecting them can lead to aggression and another dog can see that as a threat. All in all, some and I repeat some owners need to do more to train and socialise their dogs. That's big dogs, small and all inbetween. poolebabe
  • Score: 20

11:43pm Sat 29 Mar 14

ScoobyVic says...

My friend has a Staffy cross dog, he is adorable and I quite often look after him if his owners are busy or if either of us feel like company as he is as good for me as I am for him. He got attacked by a collie a while ago and when the owner was approached his owner was simply told 'oh yeah, he does that sometimes!' And more recently he was badly attacked by a lurcher, the owner of the lurcher often warns that her dog is 'grumpy and might bite' but is always off a lead and not muzzled when on it's walk. This attack was pretty bad and the dog was rushed to the vets where he had to have an operation, £370 later he was allowed home. The owner of the Lurcher has been seen since and has said she isn't paying anything towards the vets bills and it also transpires that a small dog was attacked by this dog last year and nearly died.I think the LLurched is now muzzled but I do feel that the owner should take some responsibility for her dogs actions, as it's down to her actions that this happened. I'd like to add that my friends dog did not even so much as growl back or retaliate at all, all dogs behaviour is a result of their owners training and behaviour, in my opinion. I love all dogs, big ones, medium sized ones and little ones, as long as they are friendly and well behaved, I hope Dexter has a speedy recovery and doesn't let this attack change his outlook on life :)
My friend has a Staffy cross dog, he is adorable and I quite often look after him if his owners are busy or if either of us feel like company as he is as good for me as I am for him. He got attacked by a collie a while ago and when the owner was approached his owner was simply told 'oh yeah, he does that sometimes!' And more recently he was badly attacked by a lurcher, the owner of the lurcher often warns that her dog is 'grumpy and might bite' but is always off a lead and not muzzled when on it's walk. This attack was pretty bad and the dog was rushed to the vets where he had to have an operation, £370 later he was allowed home. The owner of the Lurcher has been seen since and has said she isn't paying anything towards the vets bills and it also transpires that a small dog was attacked by this dog last year and nearly died.I think the LLurched is now muzzled but I do feel that the owner should take some responsibility for her dogs actions, as it's down to her actions that this happened. I'd like to add that my friends dog did not even so much as growl back or retaliate at all, all dogs behaviour is a result of their owners training and behaviour, in my opinion. I love all dogs, big ones, medium sized ones and little ones, as long as they are friendly and well behaved, I hope Dexter has a speedy recovery and doesn't let this attack change his outlook on life :) ScoobyVic
  • Score: 17

8:16am Sun 30 Mar 14

mikeymagic says...

stevobath wrote:
EGHH wrote:
Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.
Placid?...I own a Staffie. The ONLY dogs that ever bark & are aggressive EVERY time toward MY dog are 2 Westies , the owner of which, doesn't see it as a problem & just grins & shuffles off oblivious. They are the same with other dogs too, so it's not just 'doggy politics' as I call it.

My dog has been socialised & is well behaved & causes no problems. I bet however , if he were to bark & act aggressive I'd never hear the end of it?

I love all dogs but Westies are often yappy , aggressive & highly strung.

As for BSL. It's a flawed law. Deed not breed...

A tape measure & spurious definitions on what a breed may or may not look like , makes no sense.

My friend has a large Labrador X Staffie, along with the said dogs dad & Mum. He looks very like a 'Pit Bull TYPE' dog. There lies the problem. 'TYPE'
At last, some sense. I have two Staffies and walk them on leads as a responsible owner. I regally get other dogs running free come charging up to mine, barking and displaying real aggression. If mine dare to bark back then they are "devil dogs" of course! Also, having had a milk round as a kid dogs were an occupational hazard. I've been bitten three times by a Westie, a Yorky and a Jack Russel. You do the maths!
[quote][p][bold]stevobath[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EGHH[/bold] wrote: Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.[/p][/quote]Placid?...I own a Staffie. The ONLY dogs that ever bark & are aggressive EVERY time toward MY dog are 2 Westies , the owner of which, doesn't see it as a problem & just grins & shuffles off oblivious. They are the same with other dogs too, so it's not just 'doggy politics' as I call it. My dog has been socialised & is well behaved & causes no problems. I bet however , if he were to bark & act aggressive I'd never hear the end of it? I love all dogs but Westies are often yappy , aggressive & highly strung. As for BSL. It's a flawed law. Deed not breed... A tape measure & spurious definitions on what a breed may or may not look like , makes no sense. My friend has a large Labrador X Staffie, along with the said dogs dad & Mum. He looks very like a 'Pit Bull TYPE' dog. There lies the problem. 'TYPE'[/p][/quote]At last, some sense. I have two Staffies and walk them on leads as a responsible owner. I regally get other dogs running free come charging up to mine, barking and displaying real aggression. If mine dare to bark back then they are "devil dogs" of course! Also, having had a milk round as a kid dogs were an occupational hazard. I've been bitten three times by a Westie, a Yorky and a Jack Russel. You do the maths! mikeymagic
  • Score: 4

8:32am Sun 30 Mar 14

i have heard it all now says...

Shoot it
Shoot it i have heard it all now
  • Score: -1

11:57am Sun 30 Mar 14

RM says...

The problem with Staffies is usually at the other end of the lead. A good owner usually has a good or at least a well-managed dog. Hope Dexter recovers quickly.
The problem with Staffies is usually at the other end of the lead. A good owner usually has a good or at least a well-managed dog. Hope Dexter recovers quickly. RM
  • Score: 10

12:05pm Sun 30 Mar 14

Peroni says...

Does it matter what type of dog it is ?
If it bites other dogs or people,something is wrong ,owner has no control or the dog is just not right to live in society .
So the dog lives another day....what if the next bite is on a child ?
It was one bite to many ........take it to the vets and put it down !
Does it matter what type of dog it is ? If it bites other dogs or people,something is wrong ,owner has no control or the dog is just not right to live in society . So the dog lives another day....what if the next bite is on a child ? It was one bite to many ........take it to the vets and put it down ! Peroni
  • Score: 6

12:17pm Sun 30 Mar 14

stevobath says...

poolebabe wrote:
It's unlikely the police will do much for dog on dog attack. The law needs to change and apply the dangerously out of control in public, even if the dog is on lead and it's dog on dog. But! Some owners of small dogs need to realise that over protecting them can lead to aggression and another dog can see that as a threat. All in all, some and I repeat some owners need to do more to train and socialise their dogs. That's big dogs, small and all inbetween.
I'm amazed at the total lack of action from both Dorset Police & the local Dog Warden?
ANY problems like this in Bath & you will get a visit from the Dog Warden, a letter from the local Bobby warning you of the 1991 DDA.
If you're dumb enough to let it happen again, a court date will be sent out.

Why is Bournemouth's 'Powers that be' so lax?
[quote][p][bold]poolebabe[/bold] wrote: It's unlikely the police will do much for dog on dog attack. The law needs to change and apply the dangerously out of control in public, even if the dog is on lead and it's dog on dog. But! Some owners of small dogs need to realise that over protecting them can lead to aggression and another dog can see that as a threat. All in all, some and I repeat some owners need to do more to train and socialise their dogs. That's big dogs, small and all inbetween.[/p][/quote]I'm amazed at the total lack of action from both Dorset Police & the local Dog Warden? ANY problems like this in Bath & you will get a visit from the Dog Warden, a letter from the local Bobby warning you of the 1991 DDA. If you're dumb enough to let it happen again, a court date will be sent out. Why is Bournemouth's 'Powers that be' so lax? stevobath
  • Score: 8

2:10pm Sun 30 Mar 14

nickynoodah says...

had a milk round
explains your bedsitter then george
had a milk round explains your bedsitter then george nickynoodah
  • Score: -7

4:44pm Sun 30 Mar 14

Letcommonsenseprevail says...

EGHH wrote:
Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.
There is more than one type of muzzle.
[quote][p][bold]EGHH[/bold] wrote: Consider a muzzle! Consider a lethal injection I'd say. Its obviously out of control. I speak as an owner of two Westies most placid breed there is. Hope Dexter gets better soon.[/p][/quote]There is more than one type of muzzle. Letcommonsenseprevail
  • Score: -1

7:03pm Sun 30 Mar 14

phonehome says...

kalebmoledirt wrote:
ranger_bob wrote:
kalebmoledirt wrote:
A daily accurance in the Gentile sea side resort of Bournemouth.What is more important the lower order that feel the need to protect their interests my parading a potential lethal weapon in the form of an intimidating dog.strike out and declare Dorset as a killer dog free cone
Actually I think you'll find that there is a rather large Jewish population in Bournemouth. Although what that has to do with this story is beyond me.

Or do you perchance need to brush up on your English skills? Did you mean genteel?
Thanks for the correction in grammar.And the explanation why there as so few Palastinions
But quite a few Fench Onions.
[quote][p][bold]kalebmoledirt[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ranger_bob[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kalebmoledirt[/bold] wrote: A daily accurance in the Gentile sea side resort of Bournemouth.What is more important the lower order that feel the need to protect their interests my parading a potential lethal weapon in the form of an intimidating dog.strike out and declare Dorset as a killer dog free cone[/p][/quote]Actually I think you'll find that there is a rather large Jewish population in Bournemouth. Although what that has to do with this story is beyond me. Or do you perchance need to brush up on your English skills? Did you mean genteel?[/p][/quote]Thanks for the correction in grammar.And the explanation why there as so few Palastinions[/p][/quote]But quite a few Fench Onions. phonehome
  • Score: 2

8:26pm Sun 30 Mar 14

stevobath says...

ashleycross wrote:
There s a white pit bull with brown patches around the head and neck that visits christchurch
Is that where it does its shopping?

How do you know it's a Pit Bull. Have you asked where it's from & what breed?

Perhaps you could explain exactly what a Pit Bull is & what they look like?

I reckon you would be hard pressed to define the breed by looks alone.

Pit Bull has become a catch all definition. An American Bull Dog looks a bit like a PBT but is NOT. A Dorset Old Time Bulldog looks a bit like a PBT but is not. An American Stafford looks like a PBT but is yet another totally DIFFERENT breed.
The list goes on. BSL is flawed & the public are woefully misinformed as to what a PBT is.
[quote][p][bold]ashleycross[/bold] wrote: There s a white pit bull with brown patches around the head and neck that visits christchurch[/p][/quote]Is that where it does its shopping? How do you know it's a Pit Bull. Have you asked where it's from & what breed? Perhaps you could explain exactly what a Pit Bull is & what they look like? I reckon you would be hard pressed to define the breed by looks alone. Pit Bull has become a catch all definition. An American Bull Dog looks a bit like a PBT but is NOT. A Dorset Old Time Bulldog looks a bit like a PBT but is not. An American Stafford looks like a PBT but is yet another totally DIFFERENT breed. The list goes on. BSL is flawed & the public are woefully misinformed as to what a PBT is. stevobath
  • Score: 0

7:56am Mon 31 Mar 14

poolebabe says...

stevobath wrote:
ashleycross wrote:
There s a white pit bull with brown patches around the head and neck that visits christchurch
Is that where it does its shopping?

How do you know it's a Pit Bull. Have you asked where it's from & what breed?

Perhaps you could explain exactly what a Pit Bull is & what they look like?

I reckon you would be hard pressed to define the breed by looks alone.

Pit Bull has become a catch all definition. An American Bull Dog looks a bit like a PBT but is NOT. A Dorset Old Time Bulldog looks a bit like a PBT but is not. An American Stafford looks like a PBT but is yet another totally DIFFERENT breed.
The list goes on. BSL is flawed & the public are woefully misinformed as to what a PBT is.
Agree. It takes an expert to properly identify a pbt. The term is flung around too much!
[quote][p][bold]stevobath[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ashleycross[/bold] wrote: There s a white pit bull with brown patches around the head and neck that visits christchurch[/p][/quote]Is that where it does its shopping? How do you know it's a Pit Bull. Have you asked where it's from & what breed? Perhaps you could explain exactly what a Pit Bull is & what they look like? I reckon you would be hard pressed to define the breed by looks alone. Pit Bull has become a catch all definition. An American Bull Dog looks a bit like a PBT but is NOT. A Dorset Old Time Bulldog looks a bit like a PBT but is not. An American Stafford looks like a PBT but is yet another totally DIFFERENT breed. The list goes on. BSL is flawed & the public are woefully misinformed as to what a PBT is.[/p][/quote]Agree. It takes an expert to properly identify a pbt. The term is flung around too much! poolebabe
  • Score: -3

9:18am Mon 31 Mar 14

STOP_2_think says...

**BREAKING REAL NEWS**
Its unfortunate that this article doesn't tell you the facts, as someone in the know who was there that day let me fill in the blanks.. And there was a lot of people there that day who gave witness details to the attending 'PLSO''s..
The owner of the attacking dog was drunk, he was not in control of his dog. The attacking dogs owner had a heavy duty muzzle that he had taken off the dog on Poole Quay and walked all the way from there up the high st with his dog attempting to attack other dogs! he staggered to Falkland Square where the attack happened. His dog at point of attack was held loose at length and the westies owner had theirs on a short leash in a crowd. The offending dog literally without any signs between them of growling, snarling or barking lunged forward on loose lead and immediately sunk his teeth into this westie. It then proceeded to throw this dog around whilst the dog screamed and sounded like a child being attacked! Everyone who couldn't actually see the attack thought it was a child being attacked by a dog! There was crying mothers and children and some very upset and angry people in that crowd towards the inebriated attack dogs owner. The attack dogs owner did nothing accept exacerbate the attack. The owner of the westie grabbed his hand with lead and pulled his dog to the ground with the westie still in the jaws of the attack dog. He held the attack dog down whilst the attack dogs owner kept telling him to let his dog up. People rushed into help and after 4 minutes we managed to get the attack dogs jaws out of the screaming and terrified westie. The drunk attack dogs owner was asked why he hadnt got his muzzle on many times over. The PSLO's never insisted after the attack for the attack dog to have its muzzle back on. We all gave witness details to the PSLO's and the westies owners were told that the police wouldn''t pursue this as it should be dealt with by the Dog Warden as it was a 'dog on dog' attack.
Now getting back to these comments. IT IS STUPID TO GET INTO A 'My Dog is better than thou's Dogs' argument because it misses the point that this dog was out of control because of a drunk and incompetent owner, that the dog had a muzzle that this drunk took off way before the attack and subsequent to attempted attacks on other dogs, that the muzzle was attached to the drunk owners belt, that the PSLO's never asked him to put his muzzle back on, that the dog wasn't seized. This story is about bad owners versus good owners. This story isn't about one breed versus a cross - that this dog looks like a American Pit Bull which incidentally is a original breed of Staff and American Bull dog was a dog that has the muscle size and capacity that would have inflicted fatal injuries had it just been allowed to carry on with the drunk owner in attendance. THATS what this story should be about - but the ECHO is unwilling or unable to convey.
There were many people there that day that vented their anger on the drunk owner and a common comment at the scene was "What if it had been a child" because the sound of that westies screams sounded exactly like a child being attacked - WHAT IF it had been a child?
No names have been mentioned to protect the guilty....
**BREAKING REAL NEWS** Its unfortunate that this article doesn't tell you the facts, as someone in the know who was there that day let me fill in the blanks.. And there was a lot of people there that day who gave witness details to the attending 'PLSO''s.. The owner of the attacking dog was drunk, he was not in control of his dog. The attacking dogs owner had a heavy duty muzzle that he had taken off the dog on Poole Quay and walked all the way from there up the high st with his dog attempting to attack other dogs! he staggered to Falkland Square where the attack happened. His dog at point of attack was held loose at length and the westies owner had theirs on a short leash in a crowd. The offending dog literally without any signs between them of growling, snarling or barking lunged forward on loose lead and immediately sunk his teeth into this westie. It then proceeded to throw this dog around whilst the dog screamed and sounded like a child being attacked! Everyone who couldn't actually see the attack thought it was a child being attacked by a dog! There was crying mothers and children and some very upset and angry people in that crowd towards the inebriated attack dogs owner. The attack dogs owner did nothing accept exacerbate the attack. The owner of the westie grabbed his hand with lead and pulled his dog to the ground with the westie still in the jaws of the attack dog. He held the attack dog down whilst the attack dogs owner kept telling him to let his dog up. People rushed into help and after 4 minutes we managed to get the attack dogs jaws out of the screaming and terrified westie. The drunk attack dogs owner was asked why he hadnt got his muzzle on many times over. The PSLO's never insisted after the attack for the attack dog to have its muzzle back on. We all gave witness details to the PSLO's and the westies owners were told that the police wouldn''t pursue this as it should be dealt with by the Dog Warden as it was a 'dog on dog' attack. Now getting back to these comments. IT IS STUPID TO GET INTO A 'My Dog is better than thou's Dogs' argument because it misses the point that this dog was out of control because of a drunk and incompetent owner, that the dog had a muzzle that this drunk took off way before the attack and subsequent to attempted attacks on other dogs, that the muzzle was attached to the drunk owners belt, that the PSLO's never asked him to put his muzzle back on, that the dog wasn't seized. This story is about bad owners versus good owners. This story isn't about one breed versus a cross - that this dog looks like a American Pit Bull which incidentally is a original breed of Staff and American Bull dog was a dog that has the muscle size and capacity that would have inflicted fatal injuries had it just been allowed to carry on with the drunk owner in attendance. THATS what this story should be about - but the ECHO is unwilling or unable to convey. There were many people there that day that vented their anger on the drunk owner and a common comment at the scene was "What if it had been a child" because the sound of that westies screams sounded exactly like a child being attacked - WHAT IF it had been a child? No names have been mentioned to protect the guilty.... STOP_2_think
  • Score: 12

9:40am Mon 31 Mar 14

STOP_2_think says...

**BREAKING REAL NEWS**
Its unfortunate that this article doesn't tell you the facts, as someone in the know who was there that day let me fill in the blanks.. And there was a lot of people there that day who gave witness details to the attending 'PLSO''s..
The owner of the attacking dog was drunk, he was not in control of his dog. The attacking dogs owner had a heavy duty muzzle that he had taken off the dog on Poole Quay and walked all the way from there up the high st with his dog attempting to attack other dogs! he staggered to Falkland Square where the attack happened. His dog at point of attack was held loose at length and the westies owner had theirs on a short leash in a crowd. The offending dog literally without any signs between them of growling, snarling or barking lunged forward on loose lead and immediately sunk his teeth into this westie. It then proceeded to throw this dog around whilst the dog screamed and sounded like a child being attacked! Everyone who couldn't actually see the attack thought it was a child being attacked by a dog! There was crying mothers and children and some very upset and angry people in that crowd towards the inebriated attack dogs owner. The attack dogs owner did nothing except exacerbate the attack. The owner of the westie grabbed his hand with lead and pulled his dog to the ground with the westie still in the jaws of the attack dog. He held the attack dog down whilst the attack dogs owner kept telling him to let his dog up. People rushed into help and after 4 minutes we managed to get the attack dogs jaws out of the screaming and terrified westie. The drunk attack dogs owner was asked why he hadnt got his muzzle on many times over. The PSLO's never insisted after the attack for the attack dog to have its muzzle back on. We all gave witness details to the PSLO's and the westies owners were told that the police wouldn''t pursue this as it should be dealt with by the Dog Warden as it was a 'dog on dog' attack.
Now getting back to these comments. IT IS STUPID TO GET INTO A 'My Dog is better than thou's Dogs' argument because it misses the point that this dog was out of control because of a drunk and incompetent owner, that the dog had a muzzle that this drunk took off way before the attack and subsequent to attempted attacks on other dogs, that the muzzle was attached to the drunk owners belt, that the PSLO's never asked him to put his muzzle back on, that the dog wasn't seized. This story is about bad owners versus good owners. This story isn't about one breed versus a cross - that this dog looks like a American Pit Bull which incidentally is a original breed of Staff and American Bull dog was a dog that has the muscle size and capacity that would have inflicted fatal injuries had it just been allowed to carry on with the drunk owner in attendance. THATS what this story should be about - but the ECHO is unwilling or unable to convey.
There were many people there that day that vented their anger on the drunk owner and a common comment at the scene was "What if it had been a child" because the sound of that westies screams sounded exactly like a child being attacked - WHAT IF it had been a child?
No names have been mentioned to protect the guilty....
(spell error accept to except, I apologies)
**BREAKING REAL NEWS** Its unfortunate that this article doesn't tell you the facts, as someone in the know who was there that day let me fill in the blanks.. And there was a lot of people there that day who gave witness details to the attending 'PLSO''s.. The owner of the attacking dog was drunk, he was not in control of his dog. The attacking dogs owner had a heavy duty muzzle that he had taken off the dog on Poole Quay and walked all the way from there up the high st with his dog attempting to attack other dogs! he staggered to Falkland Square where the attack happened. His dog at point of attack was held loose at length and the westies owner had theirs on a short leash in a crowd. The offending dog literally without any signs between them of growling, snarling or barking lunged forward on loose lead and immediately sunk his teeth into this westie. It then proceeded to throw this dog around whilst the dog screamed and sounded like a child being attacked! Everyone who couldn't actually see the attack thought it was a child being attacked by a dog! There was crying mothers and children and some very upset and angry people in that crowd towards the inebriated attack dogs owner. The attack dogs owner did nothing except exacerbate the attack. The owner of the westie grabbed his hand with lead and pulled his dog to the ground with the westie still in the jaws of the attack dog. He held the attack dog down whilst the attack dogs owner kept telling him to let his dog up. People rushed into help and after 4 minutes we managed to get the attack dogs jaws out of the screaming and terrified westie. The drunk attack dogs owner was asked why he hadnt got his muzzle on many times over. The PSLO's never insisted after the attack for the attack dog to have its muzzle back on. We all gave witness details to the PSLO's and the westies owners were told that the police wouldn''t pursue this as it should be dealt with by the Dog Warden as it was a 'dog on dog' attack. Now getting back to these comments. IT IS STUPID TO GET INTO A 'My Dog is better than thou's Dogs' argument because it misses the point that this dog was out of control because of a drunk and incompetent owner, that the dog had a muzzle that this drunk took off way before the attack and subsequent to attempted attacks on other dogs, that the muzzle was attached to the drunk owners belt, that the PSLO's never asked him to put his muzzle back on, that the dog wasn't seized. This story is about bad owners versus good owners. This story isn't about one breed versus a cross - that this dog looks like a American Pit Bull which incidentally is a original breed of Staff and American Bull dog was a dog that has the muscle size and capacity that would have inflicted fatal injuries had it just been allowed to carry on with the drunk owner in attendance. THATS what this story should be about - but the ECHO is unwilling or unable to convey. There were many people there that day that vented their anger on the drunk owner and a common comment at the scene was "What if it had been a child" because the sound of that westies screams sounded exactly like a child being attacked - WHAT IF it had been a child? No names have been mentioned to protect the guilty.... (spell error accept to except, I apologies) STOP_2_think
  • Score: 7

10:16am Mon 31 Mar 14

nickynoodah says...

STOP_2_think wrote:
**BREAKING REAL NEWS**
Its unfortunate that this article doesn't tell you the facts, as someone in the know who was there that day let me fill in the blanks.. And there was a lot of people there that day who gave witness details to the attending 'PLSO''s..
The owner of the attacking dog was drunk, he was not in control of his dog. The attacking dogs owner had a heavy duty muzzle that he had taken off the dog on Poole Quay and walked all the way from there up the high st with his dog attempting to attack other dogs! he staggered to Falkland Square where the attack happened. His dog at point of attack was held loose at length and the westies owner had theirs on a short leash in a crowd. The offending dog literally without any signs between them of growling, snarling or barking lunged forward on loose lead and immediately sunk his teeth into this westie. It then proceeded to throw this dog around whilst the dog screamed and sounded like a child being attacked! Everyone who couldn't actually see the attack thought it was a child being attacked by a dog! There was crying mothers and children and some very upset and angry people in that crowd towards the inebriated attack dogs owner. The attack dogs owner did nothing except exacerbate the attack. The owner of the westie grabbed his hand with lead and pulled his dog to the ground with the westie still in the jaws of the attack dog. He held the attack dog down whilst the attack dogs owner kept telling him to let his dog up. People rushed into help and after 4 minutes we managed to get the attack dogs jaws out of the screaming and terrified westie. The drunk attack dogs owner was asked why he hadnt got his muzzle on many times over. The PSLO's never insisted after the attack for the attack dog to have its muzzle back on. We all gave witness details to the PSLO's and the westies owners were told that the police wouldn''t pursue this as it should be dealt with by the Dog Warden as it was a 'dog on dog' attack.
Now getting back to these comments. IT IS STUPID TO GET INTO A 'My Dog is better than thou's Dogs' argument because it misses the point that this dog was out of control because of a drunk and incompetent owner, that the dog had a muzzle that this drunk took off way before the attack and subsequent to attempted attacks on other dogs, that the muzzle was attached to the drunk owners belt, that the PSLO's never asked him to put his muzzle back on, that the dog wasn't seized. This story is about bad owners versus good owners. This story isn't about one breed versus a cross - that this dog looks like a American Pit Bull which incidentally is a original breed of Staff and American Bull dog was a dog that has the muscle size and capacity that would have inflicted fatal injuries had it just been allowed to carry on with the drunk owner in attendance. THATS what this story should be about - but the ECHO is unwilling or unable to convey.
There were many people there that day that vented their anger on the drunk owner and a common comment at the scene was "What if it had been a child" because the sound of that westies screams sounded exactly like a child being attacked - WHAT IF it had been a child?
No names have been mentioned to protect the guilty....
(spell error accept to except, I apologies)
Thanks for the apology
also do you know if the dog had been drinking

You say .....Everyone who couldn't actually see the attack thought it was a child being attacked by a dog

Explain how YOU knew what every one in the square was THINKING
are you psychic or what
thank you.

.
[quote][p][bold]STOP_2_think[/bold] wrote: **BREAKING REAL NEWS** Its unfortunate that this article doesn't tell you the facts, as someone in the know who was there that day let me fill in the blanks.. And there was a lot of people there that day who gave witness details to the attending 'PLSO''s.. The owner of the attacking dog was drunk, he was not in control of his dog. The attacking dogs owner had a heavy duty muzzle that he had taken off the dog on Poole Quay and walked all the way from there up the high st with his dog attempting to attack other dogs! he staggered to Falkland Square where the attack happened. His dog at point of attack was held loose at length and the westies owner had theirs on a short leash in a crowd. The offending dog literally without any signs between them of growling, snarling or barking lunged forward on loose lead and immediately sunk his teeth into this westie. It then proceeded to throw this dog around whilst the dog screamed and sounded like a child being attacked! Everyone who couldn't actually see the attack thought it was a child being attacked by a dog! There was crying mothers and children and some very upset and angry people in that crowd towards the inebriated attack dogs owner. The attack dogs owner did nothing except exacerbate the attack. The owner of the westie grabbed his hand with lead and pulled his dog to the ground with the westie still in the jaws of the attack dog. He held the attack dog down whilst the attack dogs owner kept telling him to let his dog up. People rushed into help and after 4 minutes we managed to get the attack dogs jaws out of the screaming and terrified westie. The drunk attack dogs owner was asked why he hadnt got his muzzle on many times over. The PSLO's never insisted after the attack for the attack dog to have its muzzle back on. We all gave witness details to the PSLO's and the westies owners were told that the police wouldn''t pursue this as it should be dealt with by the Dog Warden as it was a 'dog on dog' attack. Now getting back to these comments. IT IS STUPID TO GET INTO A 'My Dog is better than thou's Dogs' argument because it misses the point that this dog was out of control because of a drunk and incompetent owner, that the dog had a muzzle that this drunk took off way before the attack and subsequent to attempted attacks on other dogs, that the muzzle was attached to the drunk owners belt, that the PSLO's never asked him to put his muzzle back on, that the dog wasn't seized. This story is about bad owners versus good owners. This story isn't about one breed versus a cross - that this dog looks like a American Pit Bull which incidentally is a original breed of Staff and American Bull dog was a dog that has the muscle size and capacity that would have inflicted fatal injuries had it just been allowed to carry on with the drunk owner in attendance. THATS what this story should be about - but the ECHO is unwilling or unable to convey. There were many people there that day that vented their anger on the drunk owner and a common comment at the scene was "What if it had been a child" because the sound of that westies screams sounded exactly like a child being attacked - WHAT IF it had been a child? No names have been mentioned to protect the guilty.... (spell error accept to except, I apologies)[/p][/quote]Thanks for the apology also do you know if the dog had been drinking You say .....Everyone who couldn't actually see the attack thought it was a child being attacked by a dog Explain how YOU knew what every one in the square was THINKING are you psychic or what thank you. . nickynoodah
  • Score: -11

12:35pm Mon 31 Mar 14

suzigirl says...

nickynoodah wrote:
STOP_2_think wrote: **BREAKING REAL NEWS** Its unfortunate that this article doesn't tell you the facts, as someone in the know who was there that day let me fill in the blanks.. And there was a lot of people there that day who gave witness details to the attending 'PLSO''s.. The owner of the attacking dog was drunk, he was not in control of his dog. The attacking dogs owner had a heavy duty muzzle that he had taken off the dog on Poole Quay and walked all the way from there up the high st with his dog attempting to attack other dogs! he staggered to Falkland Square where the attack happened. His dog at point of attack was held loose at length and the westies owner had theirs on a short leash in a crowd. The offending dog literally without any signs between them of growling, snarling or barking lunged forward on loose lead and immediately sunk his teeth into this westie. It then proceeded to throw this dog around whilst the dog screamed and sounded like a child being attacked! Everyone who couldn't actually see the attack thought it was a child being attacked by a dog! There was crying mothers and children and some very upset and angry people in that crowd towards the inebriated attack dogs owner. The attack dogs owner did nothing except exacerbate the attack. The owner of the westie grabbed his hand with lead and pulled his dog to the ground with the westie still in the jaws of the attack dog. He held the attack dog down whilst the attack dogs owner kept telling him to let his dog up. People rushed into help and after 4 minutes we managed to get the attack dogs jaws out of the screaming and terrified westie. The drunk attack dogs owner was asked why he hadnt got his muzzle on many times over. The PSLO's never insisted after the attack for the attack dog to have its muzzle back on. We all gave witness details to the PSLO's and the westies owners were told that the police wouldn''t pursue this as it should be dealt with by the Dog Warden as it was a 'dog on dog' attack. Now getting back to these comments. IT IS STUPID TO GET INTO A 'My Dog is better than thou's Dogs' argument because it misses the point that this dog was out of control because of a drunk and incompetent owner, that the dog had a muzzle that this drunk took off way before the attack and subsequent to attempted attacks on other dogs, that the muzzle was attached to the drunk owners belt, that the PSLO's never asked him to put his muzzle back on, that the dog wasn't seized. This story is about bad owners versus good owners. This story isn't about one breed versus a cross - that this dog looks like a American Pit Bull which incidentally is a original breed of Staff and American Bull dog was a dog that has the muscle size and capacity that would have inflicted fatal injuries had it just been allowed to carry on with the drunk owner in attendance. THATS what this story should be about - but the ECHO is unwilling or unable to convey. There were many people there that day that vented their anger on the drunk owner and a common comment at the scene was "What if it had been a child" because the sound of that westies screams sounded exactly like a child being attacked - WHAT IF it had been a child? No names have been mentioned to protect the guilty.... (spell error accept to except, I apologies)
Thanks for the apology also do you know if the dog had been drinking You say .....Everyone who couldn't actually see the attack thought it was a child being attacked by a dog Explain how YOU knew what every one in the square was THINKING are you psychic or what thank you. .
Put the owner down - that would be best - poor little Westie. Hopefully the little Westie is insured. If I had of been there I would have swung for the owner of the offending dog - and then I would have probably got into more trouble that the owner has! PCSO's are a waste of space and money!

My dog has never even barked at another dog but he has been snapped at by all sorts of dogs big and small on many occasions with the usual remark from the dog owner "he/she has never done that before" My a""se......
[quote][p][bold]nickynoodah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]STOP_2_think[/bold] wrote: **BREAKING REAL NEWS** Its unfortunate that this article doesn't tell you the facts, as someone in the know who was there that day let me fill in the blanks.. And there was a lot of people there that day who gave witness details to the attending 'PLSO''s.. The owner of the attacking dog was drunk, he was not in control of his dog. The attacking dogs owner had a heavy duty muzzle that he had taken off the dog on Poole Quay and walked all the way from there up the high st with his dog attempting to attack other dogs! he staggered to Falkland Square where the attack happened. His dog at point of attack was held loose at length and the westies owner had theirs on a short leash in a crowd. The offending dog literally without any signs between them of growling, snarling or barking lunged forward on loose lead and immediately sunk his teeth into this westie. It then proceeded to throw this dog around whilst the dog screamed and sounded like a child being attacked! Everyone who couldn't actually see the attack thought it was a child being attacked by a dog! There was crying mothers and children and some very upset and angry people in that crowd towards the inebriated attack dogs owner. The attack dogs owner did nothing except exacerbate the attack. The owner of the westie grabbed his hand with lead and pulled his dog to the ground with the westie still in the jaws of the attack dog. He held the attack dog down whilst the attack dogs owner kept telling him to let his dog up. People rushed into help and after 4 minutes we managed to get the attack dogs jaws out of the screaming and terrified westie. The drunk attack dogs owner was asked why he hadnt got his muzzle on many times over. The PSLO's never insisted after the attack for the attack dog to have its muzzle back on. We all gave witness details to the PSLO's and the westies owners were told that the police wouldn''t pursue this as it should be dealt with by the Dog Warden as it was a 'dog on dog' attack. Now getting back to these comments. IT IS STUPID TO GET INTO A 'My Dog is better than thou's Dogs' argument because it misses the point that this dog was out of control because of a drunk and incompetent owner, that the dog had a muzzle that this drunk took off way before the attack and subsequent to attempted attacks on other dogs, that the muzzle was attached to the drunk owners belt, that the PSLO's never asked him to put his muzzle back on, that the dog wasn't seized. This story is about bad owners versus good owners. This story isn't about one breed versus a cross - that this dog looks like a American Pit Bull which incidentally is a original breed of Staff and American Bull dog was a dog that has the muscle size and capacity that would have inflicted fatal injuries had it just been allowed to carry on with the drunk owner in attendance. THATS what this story should be about - but the ECHO is unwilling or unable to convey. There were many people there that day that vented their anger on the drunk owner and a common comment at the scene was "What if it had been a child" because the sound of that westies screams sounded exactly like a child being attacked - WHAT IF it had been a child? No names have been mentioned to protect the guilty.... (spell error accept to except, I apologies)[/p][/quote]Thanks for the apology also do you know if the dog had been drinking You say .....Everyone who couldn't actually see the attack thought it was a child being attacked by a dog Explain how YOU knew what every one in the square was THINKING are you psychic or what thank you. .[/p][/quote]Put the owner down - that would be best - poor little Westie. Hopefully the little Westie is insured. If I had of been there I would have swung for the owner of the offending dog - and then I would have probably got into more trouble that the owner has! PCSO's are a waste of space and money! My dog has never even barked at another dog but he has been snapped at by all sorts of dogs big and small on many occasions with the usual remark from the dog owner "he/she has never done that before" My a""se...... suzigirl
  • Score: 5

12:48pm Mon 31 Mar 14

jimbo136 says...

Surely the point is that a dog was attacked by another dog. The attacked dog was on a lead. The attacking dog was not under full control and it was not provoked in any way. The owner had a muzzle that was not fitted on the dog, possibly indicating the owner knows it to be dangerous. Anybody that was there would know this. It could be a child the next time?
Surely the point is that a dog was attacked by another dog. The attacked dog was on a lead. The attacking dog was not under full control and it was not provoked in any way. The owner had a muzzle that was not fitted on the dog, possibly indicating the owner knows it to be dangerous. Anybody that was there would know this. It could be a child the next time? jimbo136
  • Score: 7

1:55pm Mon 31 Mar 14

JackJohnson says...

STOP_2_think wrote:
**BREAKING REAL NEWS**
Its unfortunate that this article doesn't tell you the facts, as someone in the know who was there that day let me fill in the blanks.. And there was a lot of people there that day who gave witness details to the attending 'PLSO''s..
The owner of the attacking dog was drunk, he was not in control of his dog. The attacking dogs owner had a heavy duty muzzle that he had taken off the dog on Poole Quay and walked all the way from there up the high st with his dog attempting to attack other dogs! he staggered to Falkland Square where the attack happened. His dog at point of attack was held loose at length and the westies owner had theirs on a short leash in a crowd. The offending dog literally without any signs between them of growling, snarling or barking lunged forward on loose lead and immediately sunk his teeth into this westie. It then proceeded to throw this dog around whilst the dog screamed and sounded like a child being attacked! Everyone who couldn't actually see the attack thought it was a child being attacked by a dog! There was crying mothers and children and some very upset and angry people in that crowd towards the inebriated attack dogs owner. The attack dogs owner did nothing except exacerbate the attack. The owner of the westie grabbed his hand with lead and pulled his dog to the ground with the westie still in the jaws of the attack dog. He held the attack dog down whilst the attack dogs owner kept telling him to let his dog up. People rushed into help and after 4 minutes we managed to get the attack dogs jaws out of the screaming and terrified westie. The drunk attack dogs owner was asked why he hadnt got his muzzle on many times over. The PSLO's never insisted after the attack for the attack dog to have its muzzle back on. We all gave witness details to the PSLO's and the westies owners were told that the police wouldn''t pursue this as it should be dealt with by the Dog Warden as it was a 'dog on dog' attack.
Now getting back to these comments. IT IS STUPID TO GET INTO A 'My Dog is better than thou's Dogs' argument because it misses the point that this dog was out of control because of a drunk and incompetent owner, that the dog had a muzzle that this drunk took off way before the attack and subsequent to attempted attacks on other dogs, that the muzzle was attached to the drunk owners belt, that the PSLO's never asked him to put his muzzle back on, that the dog wasn't seized. This story is about bad owners versus good owners. This story isn't about one breed versus a cross - that this dog looks like a American Pit Bull which incidentally is a original breed of Staff and American Bull dog was a dog that has the muscle size and capacity that would have inflicted fatal injuries had it just been allowed to carry on with the drunk owner in attendance. THATS what this story should be about - but the ECHO is unwilling or unable to convey.
There were many people there that day that vented their anger on the drunk owner and a common comment at the scene was "What if it had been a child" because the sound of that westies screams sounded exactly like a child being attacked - WHAT IF it had been a child?
No names have been mentioned to protect the guilty....
(spell error accept to except, I apologies)
Why would you want to protect the guilty?

Name and shame, I say.
[quote][p][bold]STOP_2_think[/bold] wrote: **BREAKING REAL NEWS** Its unfortunate that this article doesn't tell you the facts, as someone in the know who was there that day let me fill in the blanks.. And there was a lot of people there that day who gave witness details to the attending 'PLSO''s.. The owner of the attacking dog was drunk, he was not in control of his dog. The attacking dogs owner had a heavy duty muzzle that he had taken off the dog on Poole Quay and walked all the way from there up the high st with his dog attempting to attack other dogs! he staggered to Falkland Square where the attack happened. His dog at point of attack was held loose at length and the westies owner had theirs on a short leash in a crowd. The offending dog literally without any signs between them of growling, snarling or barking lunged forward on loose lead and immediately sunk his teeth into this westie. It then proceeded to throw this dog around whilst the dog screamed and sounded like a child being attacked! Everyone who couldn't actually see the attack thought it was a child being attacked by a dog! There was crying mothers and children and some very upset and angry people in that crowd towards the inebriated attack dogs owner. The attack dogs owner did nothing except exacerbate the attack. The owner of the westie grabbed his hand with lead and pulled his dog to the ground with the westie still in the jaws of the attack dog. He held the attack dog down whilst the attack dogs owner kept telling him to let his dog up. People rushed into help and after 4 minutes we managed to get the attack dogs jaws out of the screaming and terrified westie. The drunk attack dogs owner was asked why he hadnt got his muzzle on many times over. The PSLO's never insisted after the attack for the attack dog to have its muzzle back on. We all gave witness details to the PSLO's and the westies owners were told that the police wouldn''t pursue this as it should be dealt with by the Dog Warden as it was a 'dog on dog' attack. Now getting back to these comments. IT IS STUPID TO GET INTO A 'My Dog is better than thou's Dogs' argument because it misses the point that this dog was out of control because of a drunk and incompetent owner, that the dog had a muzzle that this drunk took off way before the attack and subsequent to attempted attacks on other dogs, that the muzzle was attached to the drunk owners belt, that the PSLO's never asked him to put his muzzle back on, that the dog wasn't seized. This story is about bad owners versus good owners. This story isn't about one breed versus a cross - that this dog looks like a American Pit Bull which incidentally is a original breed of Staff and American Bull dog was a dog that has the muscle size and capacity that would have inflicted fatal injuries had it just been allowed to carry on with the drunk owner in attendance. THATS what this story should be about - but the ECHO is unwilling or unable to convey. There were many people there that day that vented their anger on the drunk owner and a common comment at the scene was "What if it had been a child" because the sound of that westies screams sounded exactly like a child being attacked - WHAT IF it had been a child? No names have been mentioned to protect the guilty.... (spell error accept to except, I apologies)[/p][/quote]Why would you want to protect the guilty? Name and shame, I say. JackJohnson
  • Score: 7

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree