Fire crews called to the same flats twice after cooking catches light

Bournemouth Echo: Fire crews called to the same flats twice after cooking catches light Fire crews called to the same flats twice after cooking catches light

TWO fires caused by unattended cooking meant fire crews had to visit the same block of flats twice in Bournemouth earlier today.

Firefighters were first called to the flats in Avon Road, Charminster, at 12.32pm, where a fire was put out and a member of the public treated for smoke inhalation.

A second fire started at the flats at 2.19pm, with the same cause.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said both flats suffered damage and reminded people never to leave cooking unattended.

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:53pm Thu 20 Feb 14

pete woodley says...

Trust the tenants were warned as to the costs of their actions.
Trust the tenants were warned as to the costs of their actions. pete woodley

6:11pm Thu 20 Feb 14

Understated says...

sounds like something my sims would do.
sounds like something my sims would do. Understated

7:41pm Thu 20 Feb 14

BIGTONE says...

pete woodley wrote:
Trust the tenants were warned as to the costs of their actions.
They might not have seen a cooker if they are not from these shores.
[quote][p][bold]pete woodley[/bold] wrote: Trust the tenants were warned as to the costs of their actions.[/p][/quote]They might not have seen a cooker if they are not from these shores. BIGTONE

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree