Man found dead in garage fire in Wimborne died from carbon monoxide poisoning

Man found dead in garage fire in Wimborne died from carbon monoxide poisoning

Man found dead in garage fire in Wimborne died from carbon monoxide poisoning

First published in News

A MAN who was found dead in his charred vintage car died of carbon monoxide poisoning due to smoke inhalation, an inquest heard yesterday.

Philip Stephen Simmons, 59, was sitting in the front seat of his classic Austin 7 while parked in the garage of his house in Wimborne when the car burst into flames.

Firefighters were called to a report of an explosion at 8.02pm on Tuesday, December 10, at the property on Lonnen Road in Colehill.

Consultant Pathologist at Poole Hospital Dr Hussein carried out a post-mortem examination and confirmed the cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning due to smoke inhalation. DNA testing was needed to identify the body because it was so badly burnt.

A full inquest will take place on April 10.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree