When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Bournemouth Council pay tribute to 16-year-old Linda Lietaviete
11:32am Friday 20th December 2013 in News
BOURNEMOUTH council have paid tribute to killed teen Linda Lietaviete, found dead at Horseshoe Common last week.
16-year-old Linda is originally from Latvia but moved to Bournemouth with her family around five years ago.
She was a popular pupil at Glenmoor School, where she achieved a string of good GCSE passes, and was the youngest person on a business administration course at Bournemouth and Poole College.
- Best friend searched for Linda Lietaviete before her body was found on Horseshoe Common
- Inquest hears killed teen Linda Lietaviete "died of stab wounds to the chest"
- UPDATE: Bournemouth teenager killed at Horseshoe Common named as 16-year-old Linda Lietaviete
- Devastated family of killed teenager Linda Lietaviete pay tribute to their "angel"
- Book of condolence for teenager Linda Lietaviete
- Man to appear in court charged over murder of woman found dead at Horseshoe Common
Following the tragic events Bournemouth Council have offered their sincere condolences to Linda's family.
Cllr Nicola Greene, deputy leader and portfolio holder for Children’s Services said: "For someone so young Linda had clearly touched the lives of many with her volunteering, Cadet activities and diligent approach to her studies making her loss all the greater for those who knew her best.
"Linda, who was a student at Bournemouth and Poole College and before that Glenmoor School, had moved to Bournemouth from Latvia five years ago and it is with great sadness that her life has ended in such a shocking way in the town her family had chosen to make their home.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with her family at this time."
- A 25-year-old man accused of murdering Linda appeared at Winchester Crown Court on Wednesday.
Alvin Jay Santos of Wimborne Road, Bournemouth, did not enter a plea and was remanded in custody to appear again on February 28.